From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants / Giants take another from the Cubs!

SubjectAuthor
* Giants take another from the Cubs!John Walsh
`* Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!poldy
 `* Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!John Walsh
  `* Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!poldy
   `- Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!John Walsh

1
Giants take another from the Cubs!

<juiobg9afhka3q2g3up22791pji6c8v9qd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=91&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#91

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Giants take another from the Cubs!
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 18:26:04 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 04:26 UTC

https://www.mlb.com/news/kevin-gausman-strikes-out-10-as-giants-beat-cubs

Gausman K's 10 Cubs and the Giants win. If it wasn't for the fielding
errors, the Cubs would only have 1 run. As it was, he gave up no
earned runs over 7 innings.

Giants 4 Cubs 3

The Dodgers lost and the Mets have a 3-0 lead over the Padres in the
6th.

Kazmir designated
https://www.mlb.com/news/scott-kazmir-designated-for-assignment
He didn't have what it takes to pitch in the majors. He lasted 2
innings on Friday and gave up 3 earned runs.

Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!

<s9j8ag$a3i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=92&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#92

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:40:00 -0700
 by: poldy - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 19:40 UTC

On 6/5/21 9:26 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> https://www.mlb.com/news/kevin-gausman-strikes-out-10-as-giants-beat-cubs
>
> Gausman K's 10 Cubs and the Giants win. If it wasn't for the fielding
> errors, the Cubs would only have 1 run. As it was, he gave up no
> earned runs over 7 innings.
>
> Giants 4 Cubs 3
>
> The Dodgers lost and the Mets have a 3-0 lead over the Padres in the
> 6th.
>
> Kazmir designated
> https://www.mlb.com/news/scott-kazmir-designated-for-assignment
> He didn't have what it takes to pitch in the majors. He lasted 2
> innings on Friday and gave up 3 earned runs.

Best record in baseball for now.

Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!

<dh3tbg1en17f237sjk0do4idhbmmcgi1r7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=93&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#93

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:29:26 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 21:29 UTC

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:40:00 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:

>On 6/5/21 9:26 PM, John Walsh wrote:
>> https://www.mlb.com/news/kevin-gausman-strikes-out-10-as-giants-beat-cubs
>>
>> Gausman K's 10 Cubs and the Giants win. If it wasn't for the fielding
>> errors, the Cubs would only have 1 run. As it was, he gave up no
>> earned runs over 7 innings.
>>
>> Giants 4 Cubs 3
>>
>> The Dodgers lost and the Mets have a 3-0 lead over the Padres in the
>> 6th.
>>
>> Kazmir designated
>> https://www.mlb.com/news/scott-kazmir-designated-for-assignment
>> He didn't have what it takes to pitch in the majors. He lasted 2
>> innings on Friday and gave up 3 earned runs.
>>

>Best record in baseball for now.

After watching as bunch of games, it looks like they are for real.

About the only real concerns remain the injuries, the bullpen and
Cueto.

Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!

<s9odnm$ofm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=94&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#94

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:43:02 -0700
 by: poldy - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 18:43 UTC

On 6/7/21 2:29 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 12:40:00 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/5/21 9:26 PM, John Walsh wrote:
>>> https://www.mlb.com/news/kevin-gausman-strikes-out-10-as-giants-beat-cubs
>>>
>>> Gausman K's 10 Cubs and the Giants win. If it wasn't for the fielding
>>> errors, the Cubs would only have 1 run. As it was, he gave up no
>>> earned runs over 7 innings.
>>>
>>> Giants 4 Cubs 3
>>>
>>> The Dodgers lost and the Mets have a 3-0 lead over the Padres in the
>>> 6th.
>>>
>>> Kazmir designated
>>> https://www.mlb.com/news/scott-kazmir-designated-for-assignment
>>> He didn't have what it takes to pitch in the majors. He lasted 2
>>> innings on Friday and gave up 3 earned runs.
>>>

>> Best record in baseball for now.
>>

> After watching as bunch of games, it looks like they are for real.
>
> About the only real concerns remain the injuries, the bullpen and
> Cueto.

I think 3 guys on the DL in the last week?

Yeah if this team succeeds, its like the Tampa Bay Rays model, a bunch
of mostly journeymen that the front office finds, not superstars on huge
contracts or high-end prospects becoming instant all-stars.

Re: Giants take another from the Cubs!

<emv0cgdh2im7gj0cpe5q4adhhmmm33heoe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=95&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#95

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 22:46:56 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 08:46 UTC

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:43:02 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:

>On 6/7/21 2:29 PM, John Walsh wrote:

>>> Best record in baseball for now.
>>>

>> After watching as bunch of games, it looks like they are for real.
>>
>> About the only real concerns remain the injuries, the bullpen and
>> Cueto.
>>

>I think 3 guys on the DL in the last week?
>

>Yeah if this team succeeds, its like the Tampa Bay Rays model, a bunch
>of mostly journeymen that the front office finds, not superstars on huge
>contracts or high-end prospects becoming instant all-stars.

It defies logic sometimes, yet Tauchman hits a lasr beam down the
right field lline, in the stands for grand slam, putting the Giants
ahead of Texas. Then Crawford hits his 2nd home run of the game to add
3 more runs.

Belt finally returned, but they lost Dickerson for maybe a short time.

However they're doing it, it's working. The GM made some good moves
keeping Gausman and adding a couple more rerhab pitcvhers.