Life is a yo-yo, and mankind ties knots in the string.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins / Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

SubjectAuthor
* Another December, same ole Dolphins...Drumrboy
`* Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Dan the Man
 `* Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Valravn
  `* Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Drumrboy
   `* Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Stoobz
    +* Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Stoobz
    |`* Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Valravn
    | +- Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Dan the Man
    | `- Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Drumrboy
    `- Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...Valravn

1
Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<cbdbb0bd-6cad-43a3-9d4b-e3f26ff940ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=932&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#932

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 07:33:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Another December, same ole Dolphins...
From: drumr...@aol.com (Drumrboy)
 by: Drumrboy - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 15:33 UTC

Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.

It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!

No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!

At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<11992a26-a1d4-4aa3-9653-e18583eedfb6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=934&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#934

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 08:43:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...
From: dan...@yahoo.com (Dan the Man)
 by: Dan the Man - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 16:43 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 10:33:41 AM UTC-5, Drumrboy wrote:
> Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.
>
> It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!
>
> No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!
>
> At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...
Tua regressed horribly in this game. WTF was he seeing? More importantly, WTF was he THROWING??
A huge lump of coal in his stocking for this awful showing!

Dan

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<af24ae30-c2af-48c4-ad5a-270881d374ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=935&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#935

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 09:44:36 -0800 (PST)
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 17:44 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 8:43:10 AM UTC-8, Dan the Man wrote:
> On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 10:33:41 AM UTC-5, Drumrboy wrote:
> > Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.
> >
> > It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!
> >
> > No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!
> >
> > At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...
> Tua regressed horribly in this game. WTF was he seeing? More importantly, WTF was he THROWING??
> A huge lump of coal in his stocking for this awful showing!
>
> Dan

Being a Dolphin's fan sucks. As Drumrboy stated, the inevitable December collapse after raising expectations during the season has become unbearably repetitive.
I wasn't a Tua guy, but began to have glimmers of hope when he strung together a few impressive outings. Hard not to root for the underdog.

I still think they should have waited one more season and put all their chips on Trevor Lawrence.

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<6c0d578e-4e06-4ce8-add7-d77878f70355n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=937&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#937

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:22:38 -0800 (PST)
From: drumr...@aol.com (Drumrboy)
 by: Drumrboy - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 18:22 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 12:44:36 PM UTC-5, Valravn wrote:
> On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 8:43:10 AM UTC-8, Dan the Man wrote:
> > On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 10:33:41 AM UTC-5, Drumrboy wrote:
> > > Three things you can count on life... death, taxes and the Phins tanking in December with the playoffs on the line. The people change every year, but the results are same.
> > >
> > > It wasn’t that long ago that this team was being mentioned as Super Bowl contenders. LOL!
> > >
> > > No way these clowns make the playoffs, and honestly, they’ll get blown out if they do. See ya’ll next season!
> > >
> > > At least they’ll get a good draft pick next year. Oh, wait...
> > Tua regressed horribly in this game. WTF was he seeing? More importantly, WTF was he THROWING??
> > A huge lump of coal in his stocking for this awful showing!
> >
> > Dan
> Being a Dolphin's fan sucks. As Drumrboy stated, the inevitable December collapse after raising expectations during the season has become unbearably repetitive.
> I wasn't a Tua guy, but began to have glimmers of hope when he strung together a few impressive outings. Hard not to root for the underdog.
>
> I still think they should have waited one more season and put all their chips on Trevor Lawrence.

In hindsight, they should have taken Herbert, but I’m not going to beat them up on that. They both had warts. It is what it is.

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<tocqsp$39qdi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=938&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#938

From: stoo...@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 12:58:31 -0600
 by: Stoobz - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 18:58 UTC

On 12/26/2022 12:22 PM, Drumrboy wrote:
> On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 12:44:36 PM UTC-5, Valravn wrote:

>>> Tua regressed horribly in this game. WTF was he seeing? More importantly, WTF was he THROWING??
>>> A huge lump of coal in his stocking for this awful showing!
>>>
>>> Dan
>> Being a Dolphin's fan sucks. As Drumrboy stated, the inevitable December collapse after raising expectations during the season has become unbearably repetitive.
>> I wasn't a Tua guy, but began to have glimmers of hope when he strung together a few impressive outings. Hard not to root for the underdog.
>>
>> I still think they should have waited one more season and put all their chips on Trevor Lawrence.
> In hindsight, they should have taken Herbert, but I’m not going to beat them up on that. They both had warts. It is what it is.

Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.

That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.

They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible, special
teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold but stupid
calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.

The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not to
mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a call
correctly.

On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw to
and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.

Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.

The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.

Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
disappointing season.

Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and a
possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
right direction.

Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.

Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<todabj$39qdi$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=939&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#939

From: stoo...@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 17:22:26 -0600
 by: Stoobz - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 23:22 UTC

On 12/26/2022 12:58 PM, Stoobz wrote:
> On 12/26/2022 12:22 PM, Drumrboy wrote:

>>> Being a Dolphin's fan sucks. As Drumrboy stated, the inevitable
>>> December collapse after raising expectations during the season has
>>> become unbearably repetitive.
>>> I wasn't a Tua guy, but began to have glimmers of hope when he
>>> strung together a few impressive outings. Hard not to root for the
>>> underdog.
>>>
>>> I still think they should have waited one more season and put all
>>> their chips on Trevor Lawrence.
>> In hindsight, they should have taken Herbert, but I’m not going to
>> beat them up on that. They both had warts. It is what it is.
>
> Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
> and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.
>
> That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
> envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.
>
> They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible,
> special teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold
> but stupid calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.
>
> The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not
> to mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a
> call correctly.
>
> On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
> extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw
> to and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.
>
> Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
> decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.
>
> The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
> biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
> but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.
>
> Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
> should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
> disappointing season.
>
> Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and
> a possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
> right direction.
>
> Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.
>
> Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )

So much for that, Tua is in concussion protocol. No way Miami can win
with jello head Bridgewater as QB. I'll say the season is now over.

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<5086c5cf-e1c8-485d-a3ee-6af7d8109da0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=940&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#940

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 15:36:11 -0800 (PST)
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 23:36 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 3:22:30 PM UTC-8, Stoobz wrote:
> On 12/26/2022 12:58 PM, Stoobz wrote:

> >> In hindsight, they should have taken Herbert, but I’m not going to
> >> beat them up on that. They both had warts. It is what it is.
> >
> > Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
> > and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.
> >
> > That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
> > envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.
> >
> > They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible,
> > special teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold
> > but stupid calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.
> >
> > The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not
> > to mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a
> > call correctly.
> >
> > On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
> > extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw
> > to and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.
> >
> > Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
> > decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.
> >
> > The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
> > biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
> > but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.
> >
> > Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
> > should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
> > disappointing season.
> >
> > Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and
> > a possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
> > right direction.
> >
> > Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.
> >
> > Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )
> >
> So much for that, Tua is in concussion protocol. No way Miami can win
> with jello head Bridgewater as QB. I'll say the season is now over.

So, I thought Tua was too short. I didn't realize he was too small overall and too fragile.
Cracked ribs and 3? concussions over two seasons?

Durability / availability CLEARLY a problem, whether you like him or not.
No draft capital to pursue replacement. Another three years down the drain on the QB replacement search.

Little chance Tyreek, Waddle and the gang are still around by the time this gets worked out.

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<f004b729-77bc-415b-8695-7e47883103b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=941&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#941

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 05:32:06 -0800 (PST)
From: dan...@yahoo.com (Dan the Man)
 by: Dan the Man - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 13:32 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 6:36:12 PM UTC-5, Valravn wrote:
> On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 3:22:30 PM UTC-8, Stoobz wrote:

> > > Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
> > > and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.
> > >
> > > That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
> > > envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.
> > >
> > > They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible,
> > > special teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold
> > > but stupid calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.
> > >
> > > The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not
> > > to mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a
> > > call correctly.
> > >
> > > On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
> > > extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw
> > > to and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.
> > >
> > > Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
> > > decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.
> > >
> > > The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
> > > biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
> > > but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.
> > >
> > > Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
> > > should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
> > > disappointing season.
> > >
> > > Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and
> > > a possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
> > > right direction.
> > >
> > > Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.
> > >
> > > Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )
> > >
> > So much for that, Tua is in concussion protocol. No way Miami can win
> > with jello head Bridgewater as QB. I'll say the season is now over.
> So, I thought Tua was too short. I didn't realize he was too small overall and too fragile.
> Cracked ribs and 3? concussions over two seasons?
>
> Durability / availability CLEARLY a problem, whether you like him or not.
> No draft capital to pursue replacement. Another three years down the drain on the QB replacement search.
>
> Little chance Tyreek, Waddle and the gang are still around by the time this gets worked out.
At least, this might answer the question of why Tua played so poorly in the second half. He was already dizzy?

Dan

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<d110fe79-ab2a-49ac-b136-46a5ef78b158n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=942&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#942

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 08:55:41 -0800 (PST)
From: drumr...@aol.com (Drumrboy)
 by: Drumrboy - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 16:55 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 6:36:12 PM UTC-5, Valravn wrote:
> On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 3:22:30 PM UTC-8, Stoobz wrote:

> > > Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
> > > and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.
> > >
> > > That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
> > > envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.
> > >
> > > They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible,
> > > special teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold
> > > but stupid calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.
> > >
> > > The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not
> > > to mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a
> > > call correctly.
> > >
> > > On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
> > > extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw
> > > to and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.
> > >
> > > Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
> > > decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.
> > >
> > > The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
> > > biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
> > > but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.
> > >
> > > Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
> > > should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
> > > disappointing season.
> > >
> > > Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and
> > > a possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
> > > right direction.
> > >
> > > Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.
> > >
> > > Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )
> > >
> > So much for that, Tua is in concussion protocol. No way Miami can win
> > with jello head Bridgewater as QB. I'll say the season is now over.
> So, I thought Tua was too short. I didn't realize he was too small overall and too fragile.
> Cracked ribs and 3? concussions over two seasons?
>
> Durability / availability CLEARLY a problem, whether you like him or not.
> No draft capital to pursue replacement. Another three years down the drain on the QB replacement search.
>
> Little chance Tyreek, Waddle and the gang are still around by the time this gets worked out.

Yea, Tua is a piece of crystal. I’ll be the first to go on record that this season is over and so is Tua’s. The guys he’s playing against are too big, too fast, and too good. You can’t even blame the OL anymore. Time to move on.

Re: Another December, same ole Dolphins...

<a792e17d-c3cf-4b3b-b23e-576dc5f76994n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=943&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#943

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 21:37:23 -0800 (PST)
From: gmwellbr...@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 05:37 UTC

On Monday, December 26, 2022 at 10:58:35 AM UTC-8, Stoobz wrote:
> On 12/26/2022 12:22 PM, Drumrboy wrote:

> >> Being a Dolphin's fan sucks. As Drumrboy stated, the inevitable December collapse after raising expectations during the season has become unbearably repetitive.
> >> I wasn't a Tua guy, but began to have glimmers of hope when he strung together a few impressive outings. Hard not to root for the underdog.
> >>
> >> I still think they should have waited one more season and put all their chips on Trevor Lawrence.
> > In hindsight, they should have taken Herbert, but I’m not going to beat them up on that. They both had warts. It is what it is.
> Thing is, not many people were predicting a greater than 10 win season
> and just wanted to get IN the playoffs.
>
> That's exactly where we sit right now but it's not the way people
> envisioned, I imagine. Like most teams, Miami is full of warts.
>
> They cannot sustain a drive, the defense is generally terrible, special
> teams are almost always terrible and McD makes too many bold but stupid
> calls that sometimes work to great fanfare.
>
> The lopsided penalties, fair or otherwise, have been killing us, not to
> mention the inability to get the play in on time and challenge a call
> correctly.
>
> On the flip side, I still think Tua can be an excellent QB, given some
> extra tools to work with - better play calls at times, a TE to throw to
> and backs out of the back field as dump offs like everyone does to us.
>
> Although not dominant, the OL has come a long ways, we have a
> decent/better RB room and two of the best WRs since Duper/Clayton.
>
> The defense needs a LOT of work - ILBs are terrible probably being the
> biggest issue and DB injuries decimating the backfield. DL is not bad
> but still not a pass rush force. Need help there.
>
> Having blathered on far too long, I'll blather further and just say
> should Miami lose either of the next two, it ends up being a
> disappointing season.
>
> Should they win both and get a favorable match up in the playoffs and a
> possible victory, then that should be considered a nice step in the
> right direction.
>
> Although still possible, I don't think anybody expected a Super Bowl run.
>
> Merry Christmas, fellow long time sufferers )

Just curious...
What would you see as a "favorable match up"? KC on the road? Buffalo on the road? Cincinnati on the road?
Seems like those are the only candidates for second seed.
If I understand correctly, IF the Dolphins pull it together and get in, they would most likely be seventh seed. Doesn't the seventh seed play the second seed with only the top seed getting a bye?