Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:49:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Cowboys Playoff Loss 20/20 Hindsight/Reflection
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 01:49 UTC

Follow-up 2:

the press conference appearing to condone
throwing things at the ref (I might add from
the laughter by the media, apparently they
thought Dak was saying it in jest as a joke,
expressing his dissatisfaction with the ...

.... officiating at the end, but not intending
his statement to be taken seriously - the
media there at the press conference ap-
parently didn't take it seriously as they
laughed when he said it). Since so many
took it seriously, Dak apologized:

---
January 18 2022

Dak Prescott Apologizes For
What He Said About Officials
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-dak-prescott-apologizes-for-what-he-said-about-officials/ar-AASUVRo
---

On Tuesday night, Dak took to Twitter to
apologize for what he said on Sunday night
after the game. “I deeply regret the com-
ments I made regarding the officials after
the game on Sunday,” he said.

“I was caught up in the emotion of a disap-
pointing loss and my words were uncalled
for and unfair,” he continued. “[Prescott
holds] the NFL Officials in the highest re-
gard and have always respected their pro-
fessionalism & the difficulty of their jobs. ...

.... The safety of everyone who attends a
game or participates on the field of a
sporting event is a very serious matter.
That was a mistake on my behalf, & I am
sorry.”

That & other comments placed at appro-
priate places within the original 2 posts
below: