From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
Subject: Re:_Webeck:_Warriors’_stretch_run:_Three_question
s_Golden_State_must_answer_with_23_games_before_playoffs
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:09:54 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 05:09 UTC

Allen wrote:
> Warriors’ stretch run: Three questions Golden State must answer with 23
> games before playoffs
> Draymond Green’s health will determine how far the Warriors go this
> season, but there are other questions entering the final 23 games
> >SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JANUARY 25: Golden State Warriors’ Klay
> Thompson #11 ices his knees as he sits on the bench in the third quarter
> of their NBA game against the Dallas Mavericks at the Chase Center in
> San Francisco, Calif., on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022. (Jane Tyska/Bay Area
> News Group)
> >SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – JANUARY 25: Golden State Warriors’ Klay
> Thompson #11 ices his knees as he sits on the bench in the third quarter
> of their NBA game against the Dallas Mavericks at the Chase Center in
> San Francisco, Calif., on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022. (Jane Tyska/Bay Area
> News Group)
> By EVAN WEBECK | ewebeck@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
> PUBLISHED: February 22, 2022 at 6:05 a.m. | UPDATED: February 22, 2022
> at 1:44 p.m.
> https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2022/02/22/three-questions-the-warriors-have-to-answer-in-the-second-part-of-the-season/
>

> The All-Star break no longer splits the NBA season in half so much as it
> gives teams a breather for the stretch run. The Warriors, no doubt, were
> in need of it. For a team with the second-best record in the NBA,
> though, Golden State enters the final portion of the regular season in a
> precarious position. They have a 1.5-game lead on the No. 2 playoff
> seed, 23 games to play and must navigate the foreseeable future without
> one of their most important players.
>
> In the words of coach Steve Kerr, who will arrive in Portland for
> practice Wednesday fresh off some time off in San Diego. “We’re right
> there. Those last 20 games are when you feel like the stretch run is
> happening.”
>

> So, before it starts, let’s take a look at the big, looming question
> facing the Warriors — and a couple auxiliary ones — over their final
> stretch of games.
>
> - When can the Warriors count on Draymond Green? (And can they win
> without him?)
>
> Not only is this the Warriors’ most pressing question — the only thing
> that really, truly matters — but it is also the one without a clear
> answer. The latest timeline Green threw out came on the Turner Sports
> telecast of the All-Star Game Sunday night, saying that he hoped to be
> back in three to four weeks. That would put Green on a mid- to
> late-March timetable, leaving about a dozen regular season games, give
> or take, to reintegrate him into the lineup. (Remember: We still haven’t
> seen Green together with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson since 2019.)
>
> “I’m not gonna rush back and try to get back out there before I feel
> like I’m all the way, 100 percent right,” Green said at All-Star
> weekend, embodying the same sentiment as the organization. The Warriors
> [...]

So much depends on what the Warriors get from Green and Iguodala, and
perhaps to a lesser extent Wiseman.

--Robin

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Webeck: Warriors’ stretch run: Three question

By: Allen on Wed, 23 Feb 2022

4Allen