"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." -- George Bernard Shaw

tech / sci.electronics.design / Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

SubjectAuthor
* Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in chargeBrent Locher
+* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inRick C
|`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inAnthony William Sloman
| |`- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inMartin Brown
| +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDJoe Gwinn
| |`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| | +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDJoe Gwinn
| | +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inwhit3rd
| | +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inRick C
| | |`- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inMartin Brown
| | `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inClive Arthur
| |  +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDBrent Locher
| |  |+* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| |  ||+- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inRosemontCrest
| |  ||`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| |  || +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| |  || |`- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inMartin Brown
| |  || `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDboB
| |  |`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inwhit3rd
| |  | +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| |  | |`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| |  | | +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inRick C
| |  | | `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| |  | |  `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDRick C
| |  | |   `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| |  | |    `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| |  | +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inJan Panteltje
| |  | `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| |  |  `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
| |  `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| |   `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inAnthony William Sloman
| |    `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inBrent Locher
| +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inRick C
+* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inFred Bloggs
|`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inMartin Brown
| +* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDAnthony William Sloman
| |`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDlegg
| | +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| | `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inMartin Brown
| |  `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDBrent Locher
| |   `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inAnthony William Sloman
| +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
| `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inFred Bloggs
|  `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inMartin Brown
|   +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDFred Bloggs
|   `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDBrent Locher
|    +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDAnthony William Sloman
|    `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDRick C
|     `* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDBrent Locher
|      +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inDon Y
|      +- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDAnthony William Sloman
|      `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDRick C
+- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inAnthony William Sloman
`* Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVIDlegg
 `- Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists inAnthony William Sloman

Pages:123
Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se3t5l$2s8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69516&group=sci.electronics.design#69516

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in
charge of COVID
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 09:18:43 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:18 UTC

On 7/31/2021 8:25 AM, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 10:45:19 AM UTC-4, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 9:46:08 AM UTC-4, Brent Locher wrote:
>>>
>>> Guesses, Guesses and more guesses. Yup, we have a real cluster-F on our
>>> hands. I prefer to wait for the propaganda clouds to clear out and then
>>> decide what to do next. Goebbles is cursing in his grave that he did not
>>> figure out how to brainwash so many people so effectively.
>> What you say about brainwashing is absolutely true. In the face of such
>> huge numbers of people receiving the vaccines and being protected from
>> death and disease, people like you continue to believe the vaccine is
>> somehow worse than the virus.
>

> That is yet to be determined. My fundamental question is why prior covid
> infections, whereby a person achieves natural antibodies is under no
> consideration at all when determining the policies of who should get

Who should *not* get vaccinated? Given that we (S) have enough vaccine to
address the entire population and it is already "bought and paid for".
Perhaps we should just decide the remaining vaccine has no *domestic*
market and give it to our neighbors to the north or south?

"Hey, *you* didn't want it so why let it go to waste?"

> vaccinated. It is absurd to not have any discussion on this subject. And
> now that the "delta" varient is emerging we find that the "vaccine" may or
> may not be helping. But again, no consideration for the 30-75 million
> MILLION people who have natural antibodies.

Delta is making it abundantly clear that it is having a field day with the un
and under -vaccinated!

As to the vaccinated, it has been SHOWN (real numbers) to greatly reduce the
risk of illness (requiring hospitalization) AND death.

>>> Yet we are to believe this is not an experiment as we just guess our way
>>> through this and make it up as we go along.
>
> My thinking is not wrong. This is all about rolling the dice.

Are you familiar with the concept of "expected value"? A gambler doesn't
just "roll the dice". He weighs the odd (probability) of winning -- along
with the "payoff" -- vs. the cost of wagering.

Give me $500 for this "game". If you win, I'll give you $501 back.
If you lose, I'll keep your money. You have a 1:1,000,000 chance of winning.
OK, roll the dice... (if you consent to PLAYING, you're an idiot!)

> There is not
> a choice whereby all outcomes are guaranteed to be the same for all people.
> There are thousands of deaths and tens of thousands of disabilities caused
> by this vaccine.

Really? Can you cite a *reference*?

Have you seen the innumerable references of "HUNDREDS of thousands of deaths
and likely millions of disabilities caused by the *disease*?

Naively looking at this, you stand a 1:10 chance of getting covid (in the US).
And, if you get it, a ~2:100 chance of dying. (I've not gone looking for
the "disabilities" figures -- long covid and organism damage)

When you produce your references for the "thousands of deaths" and "tens of
thousands of disabilities", we can put numbers on the "value" of a
death/disability. Then, simple math to indicate which approach is the
"better bet".

This is how science (and science driven medicine/policy) works.

> Those people chose poorly. On average you may be correct,
> but every person has a fundamental right to choose what they want to be
> injected into their body given that this thing is an experiment.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<99f22944-d1ab-4d75-bf9c-8b0bba7d3027n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69517&group=sci.electronics.design#69517

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 09:34:32 -0700 (PDT)
References: <2775e6a0-1564-48ec-a7d9-831430f0a5b2n@googlegroups.com> <6c59f83b-5f87-4e90-bcba-6be4ff8a1ac7n@googlegroups.com> <se2vjc$1854$1@gioia.aioe.org> <022b2178-c288-4378-b7bc-cd50990d6fa7n@googlegroups.com> <se3i5g$18sr$1@gioia.aioe.org> <42b02d71-d5b7-46e2-bd10-5efe83d4accfn@googlegroups.com> <e2ac73ae-a520-46b8-8e78-35176b8966e4n@googlegroups.com> <0013cc45-9471-4345-a094-dcf318bcb530n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:34 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 1:25:32 AM UTC+10, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 10:45:19 AM UTC-4, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 9:46:08 AM UTC-4, Brent Locher wrote:
> > >
> > > Guesses, Guesses and more guesses. Yup, we have a real cluster-F on our hands. I prefer to wait for the propaganda clouds to clear out and then decide what to do next. Goebbels is cursing in his grave that he did not figure out how to brainwash so many people so effectively.
>
> > What you say about brainwashing is absolutely true. In the face of such huge numbers of people receiving the vaccines and being protected from death and disease, people like you continue to believe the vaccine is somehow worse than the virus.

He might have been brain-washed, if he had a brain to wash. In reality. he's one more of our gullible twits.

> That is yet to be determined.

To your eccentric satisfaction.

> My fundamental question is why prior covid infections, whereby a person achieves natural antibodies is under no consideration at all when determining the policies of who should get vaccinated. It is absurd to not have any discussion on this subject.

It is absurd to think that there needs to be a discussion of this topic.

> And now that the "delta" varient is emerging we find that the "vaccine" may or may not be helping.

Vaccines get less effective if the virus they are immunising against shows enough genetic drift. Seasonal flu drifts enough from one year to the next. Covid-19 doesn't drift as fast, and the vaccines that use the highly conserved Covid-19 spime protein as their antigen, so the vaccines may keep on working for longer than they do for flu.

The current vaccines do seem to effective against the delta strain, if not quite as effective as they were against earlier strains.

> But again, no consideration for the 30-75 million MILLION people who have natural antibodies.

Why should there be? The "natural antibodies" are produced just the same way as the antibodies generated by the vaccine, but because the body is a liberty to pick how much of the Covid-19 envelope it targets, the new strains are more likely to be different enough from the strain that originally infected them that the antibodies wont work.

In this sense, natural immunity is different from vaccine induced immunity, and isn't likely to last as long.

> > > Yet we are to believe this is not an experiment as we just guess our way through this and make it up as we go along.

That's what you want to tell us. It's a stupid misapprehension. The people who created the Astra-Zeneca virus had worked out what they were going to do within a day of getting the genome of the original Covid -19 virus back in January 2020. They weren't guessing. It took clinical trials to prove that their vaccine worked, but they clearly weren't "making it up as they went along".

> > I would ask what you are talking about, but you appear to be incapable of reason or any rational explanation. You find the smallest grains of uncertainty in the understanding of the disease and turn that into something evil. I only wish you were able to explain anything clearly because then we could help you understand what is wrong with your thinking.
>
> My thinking is not wrong.

It's not so much wrong thinking as non-thinking.

> This is all about rolling the dice.

Stupid claim.

> There is not a choice whereby all outcomes are guaranteed to be the same for all people.

Obviously not. Everybody has a different genome - even identical twins, though their genomes did start out identical.

> There are thousands of deaths and tens of thousands of disabilities caused by this vaccine.

There aren't. Astra-Zeneca has a roughly one in a one hundred thousand blood-clotting side effect which kills perhaps one in million of those who are given it (not so much now, since we know what to do if the problem shows up). Apparently it killed seven people in the UK early on.

The UK has had 129,654 deaths from Covid-19 so far (1899 per million people, very close to the 1,889 per million in the US) so getting the Astra-Zeneca jab can be seen as a good bet even for the people it ended up killing.

> Those people chose poorly.

From your bizarre point of view.

> On average you may be correct, but every person has a fundamental right to choose what they want to be injected into their body given that this thing is an experiment.

It really isn't an experiment, no matter what kind of nonsense you chose to believe.

Your not getting vaccinated makes it much more likely that you will catch and spread the disease, so it is a thoroughly anti-social choice. Justifying it by making fatuous claims about the vaccine being dangerous and killing thousands is spreading dangerous nonsense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se49ml$obd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69521&group=sci.electronics.design#69521

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:52:51 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 19:52 UTC

On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:

<snip>

> And the funny thing is that the nuance/certainty balances always seem to line up with what the left wing agenda pushers want.

Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
drown in your own drool.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<eaf4753d-b51b-4c25-896a-e7f78042155cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69522&group=sci.electronics.design#69522

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 21:21 UTC

On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > And the funny thing is that the nuance/certainty balances always seem to line up with what the left wing agenda pushers want.
> Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
> want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
> drown in your own drool.

I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an unapproved vaccine. I suspect just a few years ago you would have been pissing and moaning about big pharma.....
> --
> Cheers
> Clive

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<b2cd447c-5925-442b-a468-739fb4f51b52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69525&group=sci.electronics.design#69525

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 14:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 21:24 UTC

On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > And the funny thing is that the nuance/certainty balances always seem to line up with what the left wing agenda pushers want.
> Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
> want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
> drown in your own drool.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Clive
Oh and another thing.....about four years ago our USA media was berating Trump for about 6 months regarding an issue of illegal immigration and the media said for 6 months...... "Papers please" you know, like making a reference to Nazi Germany asking everyone for their "papers". and here we are , all you lefties are demanding everyone show their vaccine papers....who are the Nazis now....hahahaha

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se4gpe$5d3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69527&group=sci.electronics.design#69527

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 14:53:41 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 21:53 UTC

On 7/31/2021 2:21 PM, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
>> On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>> And the funny thing is that the nuance/certainty balances always seem to
>>> line up with what the left wing agenda pushers want.
>> Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
>> want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
>> drown in your own drool.
>>
> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the
> fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an
> unapproved vaccine. I suspect just a few years ago you would have been
> pissing and moaning about big pharma.....

It's *been* approved.

Face it, you wouldn't take it if it had been researched for 300 years!

Be thankful you aren't a CHILD and REQUIRED to have a whole battery
of vaccinations before admitted to the school system.

"Oh, that's different"

But, then again, we know you value your SELF more than any of your
family members, neighbors, workmates, friends, etc.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se4hsc$f7j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69528&group=sci.electronics.design#69528

From: rosemont...@post.com (RosemontCrest)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 15:12:27 -0700
 by: RosemontCrest - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 22:12 UTC

On 7/31/21 2:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
> On 7/31/2021 2:21 PM, Brent Locher wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
>>> On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us
>>> lefties want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful
>>> you don't drown in your own drool.
>>>
>> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the
>> fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an
>> unapproved vaccine.  I suspect just a few years ago you would have been
>> pissing and moaning about big pharma.....
>
> It's *been* approved.

The FDA has *authorized* vaccines for emergency use. The FDA has not
*approved* a vaccine.

> Face it, you wouldn't take it if it had been researched for 300 years!
>
> Be thankful you aren't a CHILD and REQUIRED to have a whole battery
> of vaccinations before admitted to the school system.
>
> "Oh, that's different"
>
> But, then again, we know you value your SELF more than any of your
> family members, neighbors, workmates, friends, etc.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<3295dc72-294d-418b-803a-eb108bbdb266n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69530&group=sci.electronics.design#69530

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 23:05 UTC

On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 11:25:32 AM UTC-4, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 10:45:19 AM UTC-4, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 9:46:08 AM UTC-4, Brent Locher wrote:
> > >
> > > Guesses, Guesses and more guesses. Yup, we have a real cluster-F on our hands. I prefer to wait for the propaganda clouds to clear out and then decide what to do next. Goebbles is cursing in his grave that he did not figure out how to brainwash so many people so effectively.
> > What you say about brainwashing is absolutely true. In the face of such huge numbers of people receiving the vaccines and being protected from death and disease, people like you continue to believe the vaccine is somehow worse than the virus.
> That is yet to be determined. My fundamental question is why prior covid infections, whereby a person achieves natural antibodies is under no consideration at all when determining the policies of who should get vaccinated. It is absurd to not have any discussion on this subject. And now that the "delta" varient is emerging we find that the "vaccine" may or may not be helping. But again, no consideration for the 30-75 million MILLION people who have natural antibodies.

You are the one who is not discussing it. I and others have stated there is such a tiny downside to the vaccine that there is no reason to not use an abundance of caution and give the vaccine to those who are infected. But I'm not sure what your concern is about "discussion". So far, each of us is allowed to decide for ourselves if we want the vaccine or not. If you have had COVID you can get the vaccine or not as you decide. Where's the issue?

Who's not talking about this??? Certainly those of us responding to your posts are discussing it?

> > > Yet we are to believe this is not an experiment as we just guess our way through this and make it up as we go along.
> > I would ask what you are talking about, but you appear to be incapable of reason or any rational explanation. You find the smallest grains of uncertainty in the understanding of the disease and turn that into something evil. I only wish you were able to explain anything clearly because then we could help you understand what is wrong with your thinking.
> >
> > --
> My thinking is not wrong. This is all about rolling the dice. There is not a choice whereby all outcomes are guaranteed to be the same for all people. There are thousands of deaths and tens of thousands of disabilities caused by this vaccine. Those people chose poorly. On average you may be correct, but every person has a fundamental right to choose what they want to be injected into their body given that this thing is an experiment.

What dice??? Where are the thousands of deaths caused by the vaccine??? This has got to be the biggest secret since the election fraud.

Why do you keep blabbing about freedom which no one is forcing you to get the vaccine? You may be excluded from some activities in order to protect the rest of civilization, but you are free to choose so far.

Why are you so in a knot about this? What are you reading that gets you so wound up over so little?

--

Rick C.

+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<cdcec12c-3b40-49e7-98d7-cf51669cee02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69547&group=sci.electronics.design#69547

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:17:43 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 03:17 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 7:25:03 AM UTC+10, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
> > On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > > And the funny thing is that the nuance/certainty balances always seem to line up with what the left wing agenda pushers want.
> > Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
> > want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
> > drown in your own drool.
> >
> Oh and another thing.....about four years ago our USA media was berating Trump for about 6 months regarding an issue of illegal immigration and the media said for 6 months...... "Papers please" you know, like making a reference to Nazi Germany asking everyone for their "papers". and here we are , all you lefties are demanding everyone show their vaccine papers....who are the Nazis now....hahahaha.

We've got a dyed-in-the-wool libertarian here. If you want to get infected with Covid-19, letting unvaccinated people run around wherever they want to is a great idea.It's also a way of ending up dead, and making to more likely that other people will end up dead.

Sane people think about what's actually going on, rather than invoking some historical image that they don't actually understand. Being Jewish in Nazi Germany was a state you were born into, and couldn't get out of. Being unvaccinated is curable condition. You may not want to get vaccinated, but if you don't like getting frozen out, you can always get vaccinated. You can have all sorts of silly idea about the disadvantages of being vaccinated, in exactly the same way as the Nazi's had silly ideas about the side-effects of being Jewish, but that is a different kind of problem.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<77d98dc0-71b1-45b8-8a52-90697bd2bbb2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69552&group=sci.electronics.design#69552

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 00:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 07:38 UTC

On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 2:21:41 PM UTC-7, Brent Locher wrote:

> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an unapproved vaccine.

Oh, that 'right' is called informed consent. You DO have the right, and your neighbors
have the right to consider your deviant practices to be unhygenic and a detriment to public health.
Employers will keep their workplaces safe by asking you to get vaccinated, and municipalities
might want masks worn on public transportation... that sort of thing.

The practical details of your 'rights' are perhaps different from those that apply in the
absence of a publicly recognized emergency.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se5msc$j9e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69554&group=sci.electronics.design#69554

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 01:43:43 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 08:43 UTC

On 8/1/2021 12:38 AM, whit3rd wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 2:21:41 PM UTC-7, Brent Locher wrote:
>
>> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an unapproved vaccine.
>
> Oh, that 'right' is called informed consent. You DO have the right, and your neighbors
> have the right to consider your deviant practices to be unhygenic and a detriment to public health.
> Employers will keep their workplaces safe by asking you to get vaccinated, and municipalities
> might want masks worn on public transportation... that sort of thing.
>
> The practical details of your 'rights' are perhaps different from those that apply in the
> absence of a publicly recognized emergency.

Despite a "public emergency", you don't have the "right" to smoke
in an elevator, in a business, etc.

You don't have the "right" to (ab)use "controlled substances" -- even
*if* you're doing it in the privacy of your own home AND it's only
your "sacred body" that is at risk.

You don't have the "right" to one of those choice "close in" parking
spaces reserved for handicapped drivers.

You don't have the "right" to urinate in public. And don't even *think*
of defecating, copulating, etc.!

You don't have the "right" to gleefully discharge a firearm.

You don't have the "right" to enter a store without a shirt/shoes.
Or, to bring your pet monkey along.

You don't have the right to drive on the "wrong" side of the roadway.
Or, to travel at rates of speed that exceed posted limits.

Those sorts of "rights" have been legislated away -- as "Society"
is a compromise among willing individuals.

There are other "rights" that we, as "decent" human beings forfeit.
Like the "right" to talk loudly during a movie showing. Or, the
"right" to show up to a wedding AFTER the bride has walked the aisle.

Or, the "right" to park in the boss's reserved parking space.

Or the "right" to come into work 3 hours late and leave 2 hours early.

I wonder how vociferously and persistently he protests the abrogation of
THOSE "rights"? Likely a real pussy... I suspect he hasn't contested
his employer's working hours, lunchtime policy, sick leave, etc.

So, he's got lots of bravado when it comes to asserting his "rights"
when it's ONLY the health and welfare of his friends, family, neighbors,
workmates, etc. that's at stake -- talks tough when there are no *real*
penalties (other than his loss of standing in the eyes of those around him).

Yup. Real trailblazer, that!

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se5qju$ud1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69560&group=sci.electronics.design#69560

From: pNaOnStP...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 09:42:54 GMT
References: <2775e6a0-1564-48ec-a7d9-831430f0a5b2n@googlegroups.com> <c885f028-c636-496d-8afa-efbfbb437fe6n@googlegroups.com> <df8bf178-b2fb-483c-9702-30ead0f58460n@googlegroups.com> <97i8ggdb2tvvk9ms73njgjcsninanj6b4b@4ax.com> <ba82b36b-1ab4-4d54-aa20-2faa4b71b7a4n@googlegroups.com> <se49ml$obd$1@dont-email.me> <eaf4753d-b51b-4c25-896a-e7f78042155cn@googlegroups.com> <77d98dc0-71b1-45b8-8a52-90697bd2bbb2n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Jan Panteltje - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 09:42 UTC

On a sunny day (Sun, 1 Aug 2021 00:38:27 -0700 (PDT)) it happened whit3rd
<whit3rd@gmail.com> wrote in
<77d98dc0-71b1-45b8-8a52-90697bd2bbb2n@googlegroups.com>:

>On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 2:21:41 PM UTC-7, Brent Locher wrote:
>
>> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the fundamental right to determine if they want to get
>> injected with an unapproved vaccine.
>
>Oh, that 'right' is called informed consent. You DO have the right, and your neighbors
>have the right to consider your deviant practices to be unhygenic and a detriment to public health.
>Employers will keep their workplaces safe by asking you to get vaccinated, and municipalities
>might want masks worn on public transportation... that sort of thing.
>
>The practical details of your 'rights' are perhaps different from those that apply in the
>absence of a publicly recognized emergency.

The thing is with enforcement
By denying access to things like shops so food etc, travel, to people who do not want to submit to mass hysteria induced by
puppets payed by the farmaceuticals who experiment with things that have not much of a clue about
and have no reason to make a vaccine that works with only one shot forever, you become a threat.
Mass hysteria we have seen in the past witch hunts, religions...
The masses never had a clue.
So as a believer in my fundamental right to not get jabbed,
and in the perspective that I am old and will die anyways, no fear for that but trying to avoid what's it Darwin-Awards when playing with trickty
I am presented with the choice of getting hurt by some jab or
sell my design of the black hole bomb to an other galaxy.
You may think all those black holes they found are accidents, but
no they are the result of wars between the galactic powers and so is the big bang.
Some far way galaxies gives me big reward for my bomb as they can use it against ours.
Actual it is simple a mater of <censored> to start the BH process.
So there is my ultimatum <now pls doctor remove that straitjacket it makes writing so difficult... >
but you who monitor this you get the ultimatum.
signed
<....>

I will treat you jabbers like I do mosquitos.
Now get lost with your mass-hysteria!!!!

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<f2c7b100-7f6a-4247-a24a-d8239663223bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69563&group=sci.electronics.design#69563

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 04:19:31 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:19 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 4:44:03 AM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
> On 8/1/2021 12:38 AM, whit3rd wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 2:21:41 PM UTC-7, Brent Locher wrote:
> >
> >> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an unapproved vaccine.
> >
> > Oh, that 'right' is called informed consent. You DO have the right, and your neighbors
> > have the right to consider your deviant practices to be unhygenic and a detriment to public health.
> > Employers will keep their workplaces safe by asking you to get vaccinated, and municipalities
> > might want masks worn on public transportation... that sort of thing.
> >
> > The practical details of your 'rights' are perhaps different from those that apply in the
> > absence of a publicly recognized emergency.
> Despite a "public emergency", you don't have the "right" to smoke
> in an elevator, in a business, etc.
>
> You don't have the "right" to (ab)use "controlled substances" -- even
> *if* you're doing it in the privacy of your own home AND it's only
> your "sacred body" that is at risk.
>
> You don't have the "right" to one of those choice "close in" parking
> spaces reserved for handicapped drivers.
>
> You don't have the "right" to urinate in public. And don't even *think*
> of defecating, copulating, etc.!
>
> You don't have the "right" to gleefully discharge a firearm.
>
> You don't have the "right" to enter a store without a shirt/shoes.
> Or, to bring your pet monkey along.
>
> You don't have the right to drive on the "wrong" side of the roadway.
> Or, to travel at rates of speed that exceed posted limits.
>
> Those sorts of "rights" have been legislated away -- as "Society"
> is a compromise among willing individuals.
>
> There are other "rights" that we, as "decent" human beings forfeit.
> Like the "right" to talk loudly during a movie showing. Or, the
> "right" to show up to a wedding AFTER the bride has walked the aisle.
>
> Or, the "right" to park in the boss's reserved parking space.
>
> Or the "right" to come into work 3 hours late and leave 2 hours early.
>
> I wonder how vociferously and persistently he protests the abrogation of
> THOSE "rights"? Likely a real pussy... I suspect he hasn't contested
> his employer's working hours, lunchtime policy, sick leave, etc.
>
> So, he's got lots of bravado when it comes to asserting his "rights"
> when it's ONLY the health and welfare of his friends, family, neighbors,
> workmates, etc. that's at stake -- talks tough when there are no *real*
> penalties (other than his loss of standing in the eyes of those around him).
>
> Yup. Real trailblazer, that!
You do know that the big outbreak in MA was from a big sex orgy tht takes place in Provinctown, MA right? How about we ban homosexuality in the name of public health......come on baby....take your logic to where it belongs....
The left is selective in legislating morality. You do not see the irony of on the one had the left scream "my body my choice" then on the other hand says ....take your injection or you will be punished. The non vaccinated in Brazil, Rwanda and Vietnam are going to get you every bit as much as your fellow citizens. IOt is even looking like the vaccinated may be creating the new Frankenstien varients.

Again I ask, why do you folk not care about where this thing was possibly created but it is so bad that you wish to impose a Fascist state on everyone around you.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<d6ad5f11-03ef-4711-bde7-95dcab98a327n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69565&group=sci.electronics.design#69565

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 04:22:30 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:22 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 3:38:30 AM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 2:21:41 PM UTC-7, Brent Locher wrote:
>
> > I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an unapproved vaccine.
> Oh, that 'right' is called informed consent. You DO have the right, and your neighbors
> have the right to consider your deviant practices to be unhygenic and a detriment to public health.

Do you want to comment on the deviant practices in Provincetown MA that causes the latest outbreak. If you advocate locking all the people who are super spreader through deviant practices I might just think you were something other than an illogical person has Fascist tendencies in your soul

> Employers will keep their workplaces safe by asking you to get vaccinated, and municipalities
> might want masks worn on public transportation... that sort of thing.
>
> The practical details of your 'rights' are perhaps different from those that apply in the
> absence of a publicly recognized emergency.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<3e88bc93-f7ac-4b8e-ac67-ff429bab4529n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69566&group=sci.electronics.design#69566

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 04:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:24 UTC

On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 11:17:47 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 7:25:03 AM UTC+10, Brent Locher wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
> > > On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>
> > > Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
> > > want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
> > > drown in your own drool.
> > >
> > Oh and another thing.....about four years ago our USA media was berating Trump for about 6 months regarding an issue of illegal immigration and the media said for 6 months...... "Papers please" you know, like making a reference to Nazi Germany asking everyone for their "papers". and here we are , all you lefties are demanding everyone show their vaccine papers....who are the Nazis now....hahahaha.
>
> We've got a dyed-in-the-wool libertarian here. If you want to get infected with Covid-19, letting unvaccinated people run around wherever they want to is a great idea.It's also a way of ending up dead, and making to more likely that other people will end up dead.
>
> Sane people think about what's actually going on, rather than invoking some historical image that they don't actually understand. Being Jewish in Nazi Germany was a state you were born into, and couldn't get out of. Being unvaccinated is curable condition. You may not want to get vaccinated, but if you don't like getting frozen out, you can always get vaccinated. You can have all sorts of silly idea about the disadvantages of being vaccinated, in exactly the same way as the Nazi's had silly ideas about the side-effects of being Jewish, but that is a different kind of problem.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Stripping people of their freedoms because they will not take a vaccine that is supposed to protect the vaccinated is absolute Fascism. If your vaccine does not protect you then live with it.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<4616e45b-1a5e-40c1-81f7-9f3360022f36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69567&group=sci.electronics.design#69567

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 04:30:40 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:30 UTC

On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 5:53:56 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
> On 7/31/2021 2:21 PM, Brent Locher wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
> >> On 30/07/2021 20:24, Brent Locher wrote:
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >> Yes, you got us bang to rights. The virus is right wing and us lefties
> >> want to destroy it. Man, you are one fucking idiot. Careful you don't
> >> drown in your own drool.
> >>
> > I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the
> > fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an
> > unapproved vaccine. I suspect just a few years ago you would have been
> > pissing and moaning about big pharma.....
> It's *been* approved.
>
> Face it, you wouldn't take it if it had been researched for 300 years!
>
> Be thankful you aren't a CHILD and REQUIRED to have a whole battery
> of vaccinations before admitted to the school system.
>
> "Oh, that's different"
>
> But, then again, we know you value your SELF more than any of your
> family members, neighbors, workmates, friends, etc.

There is a 0.2% chance of dying from this thing. The vaccine is not stopping this thing. We are a few months into this experiment. The vaccinated in every corner of the world is going to continually churn out new variants that your dumb ass vaccine apparently cannot stop. It turns out now that the *vaccinated* are the super spreaders.

You are just not capable of questioning whether this whole social experiment may have been a disaster so instead (like all good Fascists) you are going to find some group of people to lay the blame on instead of questioning your own illogical premises . This is why I find all of you "Men of Science" to be so humorous, becuase underneath the self deception is a very shallow pond.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<a74bb398-5811-4291-b123-dc6fd26b1840n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69569&group=sci.electronics.design#69569

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 04:40:55 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:40 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 7:19:35 AM UTC-4, Brent Locher wrote:

> You do know that the big outbreak in MA was from a big sex orgy tht takes place in Provinctown, MA right? How about we ban homosexuality in the name of public health......come on baby....take your logic to where it belongs....
> The left is selective in legislating morality. You do not see the irony of on the one had the left scream "my body my choice" then on the other hand says ....take your injection or you will be punished. The non vaccinated in Brazil, Rwanda and Vietnam are going to get you every bit as much as your fellow citizens. IOt is even looking like the vaccinated may be creating the new Frankenstien varients.
>
> Again I ask, why do you folk not care about where this thing was possibly created but it is so bad that you wish to impose a Fascist state on everyone around you.

I think it is official, this guy is off the deep end. He is totally incapable of addressing any information provided to him. He is getting bogus info from suspect, unnamed sources and some of the stuff he posts is clearly just made up!

There is literally no point in responding to anything he posts. This reminds me of a time I was in Nova Scotia in a little country store and saw a person in a wheelchair towards the back. He appeared to be severely handicapped, but on the off chance he was able to hear and even respond I said something pleasant to him. The two girls behind the counter snickered at my act and I realized he was not able to show any intelligence. Perhaps that person was Brent Locher.

Jan, on the other hand, is the hippie in the parking lot having taken a massive hit of LSD, tripping his brains out.

--

Rick C.

++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se62ra$t4p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69571&group=sci.electronics.design#69571

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 05:07:59 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 12:07 UTC

On 8/1/2021 4:30 AM, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 5:53:56 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:

>>> I am an idiot because I believe that each individual should have the
>>> fundamental right to determine if they want to get injected with an
>>> unapproved vaccine. I suspect just a few years ago you would have been
>>> pissing and moaning about big pharma.....
>> It's *been* approved.
>>
>> Face it, you wouldn't take it if it had been researched for 300 years!
>>
>> Be thankful you aren't a CHILD and REQUIRED to have a whole battery of
>> vaccinations before admitted to the school system.
>>
>> "Oh, that's different"
>>
>> But, then again, we know you value your SELF more than any of your family
>> members, neighbors, workmates, friends, etc.
>
> There is a 0.2% chance of dying from this thing. The vaccine is not
> stopping this thing. We are a few months into this experiment. The
> vaccinated in every corner of the world is going to continually churn out
> new variants that your dumb ass vaccine apparently cannot stop. It turns
> out now that the *vaccinated* are the super spreaders.

Where do you get your "0.2%" figure?

~600,000 dead; ~30,000,000 cases. So, if you get it, you have a 2% chance of
death. Counting the folks who DON'T get it (because they are vaccinated)
is disingenuous. (you can't have your cake and eat it, too)

> You are just not capable of questioning whether this whole social experiment
> may have been a disaster so instead (like all good Fascists) you are going
> to find some group of people to lay the blame on instead of questioning your
> own illogical premises . This is why I find all of you "Men of Science" to
> be so humorous, becuase underneath the self deception is a very shallow
> pond.

You're just a little mamby-pamby who's railing against an injection
("Ooooo.... I'm afraid of needles!") under the guise of asserting your
personal liberties.

Yet, when your employer says you WILL take your lunch from 12:00-1:00,
you dutifully cower and say, "Yes, massah". Or, insists that you wear
"appropriate attire" to the workplace. Or, that you have to enter a
store in an orderly fashion (and not just PUSH your way through to
get to the items YOU want as YOU are so much more important?).

"Yes, massah. I meekly obey. I have no concern over being subdued
into compliance for such trivia..."

We find you to be ignorant and selfish. A great Christian!

Do you notice no one coming to your defense? Despite the varied
attempts you have tried to use to justify your position?

(One of the things about USENET is it's really easy to go back and see
what YOU said!)

Quick! Go steal that ball from your sister -- cuz I'm sure YOU want to
play with it more than she!!!

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se637j$vm0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69572&group=sci.electronics.design#69572

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 05:14:30 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 12:14 UTC

On 8/1/2021 4:19 AM, Brent Locher wrote:
> On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 4:44:03 AM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:

>>> Oh, that 'right' is called informed consent. You DO have the right, and
>>> your neighbors have the right to consider your deviant practices to be
>>> unhygenic and a detriment to public health. Employers will keep their
>>> workplaces safe by asking you to get vaccinated, and municipalities
>>> might want masks worn on public transportation... that sort of thing.
>>>
>>> The practical details of your 'rights' are perhaps different from those
>>> that apply in the absence of a publicly recognized emergency.
>> Despite a "public emergency", you don't have the "right" to smoke in an
>> elevator, in a business, etc.
>>
>> You don't have the "right" to (ab)use "controlled substances" -- even *if*
>> you're doing it in the privacy of your own home AND it's only your "sacred
>> body" that is at risk.
>>
>> You don't have the "right" to one of those choice "close in" parking
>> spaces reserved for handicapped drivers.
>>
>> You don't have the "right" to urinate in public. And don't even *think* of
>> defecating, copulating, etc.!
>>
>> You don't have the "right" to gleefully discharge a firearm.
>>
>> You don't have the "right" to enter a store without a shirt/shoes. Or, to
>> bring your pet monkey along.
>>
>> You don't have the right to drive on the "wrong" side of the roadway. Or,
>> to travel at rates of speed that exceed posted limits.
>>
>> Those sorts of "rights" have been legislated away -- as "Society" is a
>> compromise among willing individuals.
>>
>> There are other "rights" that we, as "decent" human beings forfeit. Like
>> the "right" to talk loudly during a movie showing. Or, the "right" to show
>> up to a wedding AFTER the bride has walked the aisle.
>>
>> Or, the "right" to park in the boss's reserved parking space.
>>
>> Or the "right" to come into work 3 hours late and leave 2 hours early.
>>
>> I wonder how vociferously and persistently he protests the abrogation of
>> THOSE "rights"? Likely a real pussy... I suspect he hasn't contested his
>> employer's working hours, lunchtime policy, sick leave, etc.
>>
>> So, he's got lots of bravado when it comes to asserting his "rights" when
>> it's ONLY the health and welfare of his friends, family, neighbors,
>> workmates, etc. that's at stake -- talks tough when there are no *real*
>> penalties (other than his loss of standing in the eyes of those around
>> him).
>>
>> Yup. Real trailblazer, that!
> You do know that the big outbreak in MA was from a big sex orgy tht takes
> place in Provinctown, MA right?

Did you have a good time?

> How about we ban homosexuality in the name
> of public health......come on baby....take your logic to where it
> belongs... The left is selective in legislating morality.

You've obviously not heard of our right-wing wack job legislator wanting to
REQUIRE regular attendance in church.

Or, the notion of only allowing folks with children the right to vote.

> You do not see the
> irony of on the one had the left scream "my body my choice" then on the
> other hand says ....take your injection or you will be punished. The non
> vaccinated in Brazil, Rwanda and Vietnam are going to get you every bit as
> much as your fellow citizens. IOt is even looking like the vaccinated may
> be creating the new Frankenstien varients.
>
> Again I ask, why do you folk not care about where this thing was possibly
> created but it is so bad that you wish to impose a Fascist state on everyone
> around you.

Still avoiding the issue, eh "Brent"?

Why don't you tell us of your courageous crusade to allow flex hours
at work -- so the employee determines when -- and *if* -- he wants to
work on any given day, based on his own PERSONAL idea of responsibility.

Or, the walk out you led to allow ANYONE to park in the boss's spot.

Or, the number of times you've deliberately parked in a handicapped spot
to draw attention to the injustice of giving "cripples" special treatment.

You sound increasingly insane and frustrated with where The Majority
wants society to go. You know, you can find a little island and
take up residence, there. With no one else around, you can assert
whatever "personal freedoms" you choose! Of course, you'll also have to
be totally self-reliant -- once you invite others to join you then
you will have to start sacrificing those personal liberties (as their
ideas will likely interfere with yours!)

You may even have to settle on a particular eating time...

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se6482$110o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69575&group=sci.electronics.design#69575

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 12:32:02 -0000 (UTC)
References: <2775e6a0-1564-48ec-a7d9-831430f0a5b2n@googlegroups.com> <c885f028-c636-496d-8afa-efbfbb437fe6n@googlegroups.com> <df8bf178-b2fb-483c-9702-30ead0f58460n@googlegroups.com> <97i8ggdb2tvvk9ms73njgjcsninanj6b4b@4ax.com> <ba82b36b-1ab4-4d54-aa20-2faa4b71b7a4n@googlegroups.com> <se49ml$obd$1@dont-email.me> <eaf4753d-b51b-4c25-896a-e7f78042155cn@googlegroups.com> <77d98dc0-71b1-45b8-8a52-90697bd2bbb2n@googlegroups.com> <d6ad5f11-03ef-4711-bde7-95dcab98a327n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 12:32 UTC

Brent Locher <blocher@columbus.rr.com> wrote in

> I might just think you were something other than an illogical
> person has Fascist tendencies in your soul

You piece of shit... You would not know what a soul was if the final
destination of yours depended on it. Oh... wait! It DOES!

Watch that finger pointing baby bullshit boy. It'll swing around and
bite you right in your fat fucktard elementary school playground bully
wannabe Trumpanzee ass, motherfucker.

Your slut mother was a deviant practitioner. That is why we have to
endure the stupid shit that exited her ass, which she failed to
immediately flush. That stupid shit is you.

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se6575$1dv4$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69577&group=sci.electronics.design#69577

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 13:48:37 +0100
 by: Martin Brown - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 12:48 UTC

On 01/08/2021 13:07, Don Y wrote:
> On 8/1/2021 4:30 AM, Brent Locher wrote:

>>> It's *been* approved.
>>>
>>> Face it, you wouldn't take it if it had been researched for 300 years!
>>>
>>> Be thankful you aren't a CHILD and REQUIRED to have a whole battery of
>>> vaccinations before admitted to the school system.
>>>
>>> "Oh, that's different"
>>>
>>> But, then again, we know you value your SELF more than any of your
>>> family
>>> members, neighbors, workmates, friends, etc.
>>
>> There is a 0.2% chance of dying from this thing.  The vaccine is not
>> stopping this thing.  We are a few months into this experiment. The
>> vaccinated in every corner of the world is going to continually churn out
>> new variants that your dumb ass vaccine apparently cannot stop.    It
>> turns
>> out now that the *vaccinated* are the super spreaders.
>
> Where do you get your "0.2%" figure?
>
> ~600,000 dead; ~30,000,000 cases.  So, if you get it, you have a 2%
> chance of
> death.  Counting the folks who DON'T get it (because they are vaccinated)
> is disingenuous.  (you can't have your cake and eat it, too)

It is closer to 1% overall if you count all of the people with the
disease based on UK IPSOS MORI random population polls.

Even they have a slight bias which tends to slightly underestimate the
incidence of the disease since those in the poorest section of society
are disinclined to send samples back for fear of getting a positive
result and a legally enforceable isolation order.

Otherwise you have a serious bias through not counting the ~30-40% of
asymptomatic to very mild cases who simply don't go for testing.

https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/now-casting/nowcasting-and-forecasting-15th-july-2021/

And take the IFR tab. 75+ IFR was >10% when the outbreak of the first
wild strain began and before various effective treatments were
available. Now in the UK it is down to 2.2% a 5-flod improvement.

It is also true that most of the people that Covid kills have at least
one and on average just over two comorbidities. However, it is still
possible for someone who is otherwise fit and well to be hammered by it
just through bad luck or unfortunately high initial exposure.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<441480e4-ff33-4865-9c3c-ea210864e61an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69581&group=sci.electronics.design#69581

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 06:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
References: <2775e6a0-1564-48ec-a7d9-831430f0a5b2n@googlegroups.com> <c885f028-c636-496d-8afa-efbfbb437fe6n@googlegroups.com> <df8bf178-b2fb-483c-9702-30ead0f58460n@googlegroups.com> <97i8ggdb2tvvk9ms73njgjcsninanj6b4b@4ax.com> <ba82b36b-1ab4-4d54-aa20-2faa4b71b7a4n@googlegroups.com> <se49ml$obd$1@dont-email.me> <eaf4753d-b51b-4c25-896a-e7f78042155cn@googlegroups.com> <77d98dc0-71b1-45b8-8a52-90697bd2bbb2n@googlegroups.com> <se5msc$j9e$1@dont-email.me> <f2c7b100-7f6a-4247-a24a-d8239663223bn@googlegroups.com> <se637j$vm0$1@dont-email.me>
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 13:42 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 8:14:49 AM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
> On 8/1/2021 4:19 AM, Brent Locher wrote:

> >> Despite a "public emergency", you don't have the "right" to smoke in an
> >> elevator, in a business, etc.
> >>
> >> You don't have the "right" to (ab)use "controlled substances" -- even *if*
> >> you're doing it in the privacy of your own home AND it's only your "sacred
> >> body" that is at risk.
> >>
> >> You don't have the "right" to one of those choice "close in" parking
> >> spaces reserved for handicapped drivers.
> >>
> >> You don't have the "right" to urinate in public. And don't even *think* of
> >> defecating, copulating, etc.!
> >>
> >> You don't have the "right" to gleefully discharge a firearm.
> >>
> >> You don't have the "right" to enter a store without a shirt/shoes. Or, to
> >> bring your pet monkey along.
> >>
> >> You don't have the right to drive on the "wrong" side of the roadway. Or,
> >> to travel at rates of speed that exceed posted limits.
> >>
> >> Those sorts of "rights" have been legislated away -- as "Society" is a
> >> compromise among willing individuals.
> >>
> >> There are other "rights" that we, as "decent" human beings forfeit. Like
> >> the "right" to talk loudly during a movie showing. Or, the "right" to show
> >> up to a wedding AFTER the bride has walked the aisle.
> >>
> >> Or, the "right" to park in the boss's reserved parking space.
> >>
> >> Or the "right" to come into work 3 hours late and leave 2 hours early.
> >>
> >> I wonder how vociferously and persistently he protests the abrogation of
> >> THOSE "rights"? Likely a real pussy... I suspect he hasn't contested his
> >> employer's working hours, lunchtime policy, sick leave, etc.
> >>
> >> So, he's got lots of bravado when it comes to asserting his "rights" when
> >> it's ONLY the health and welfare of his friends, family, neighbors,
> >> workmates, etc. that's at stake -- talks tough when there are no *real*
> >> penalties (other than his loss of standing in the eyes of those around
> >> him).
> >>
> >> Yup. Real trailblazer, that!
> > You do know that the big outbreak in MA was from a big sex orgy tht takes
> > place in Provinctown, MA right?
> Did you have a good time?
> > How about we ban homosexuality in the name
> > of public health......come on baby....take your logic to where it
> > belongs... The left is selective in legislating morality.
> You've obviously not heard of our right-wing wack job legislator wanting to
> REQUIRE regular attendance in church.
>
> Or, the notion of only allowing folks with children the right to vote.

You have to be careful what you wish for. Lots of babies are conceived out of wedlock and such a law would undoubtedly raise that number dramatically, mainly at the early ages. But that's just campaign rhetoric anyway. No sane person would support either idea.

> > You do not see the
> > irony of on the one had the left scream "my body my choice" then on the
> > other hand says ....take your injection or you will be punished. The non
> > vaccinated in Brazil, Rwanda and Vietnam are going to get you every bit as
> > much as your fellow citizens. IOt is even looking like the vaccinated may
> > be creating the new Frankenstien varients.
> >
> > Again I ask, why do you folk not care about where this thing was possibly
> > created but it is so bad that you wish to impose a Fascist state on everyone
> > around you.
> Still avoiding the issue, eh "Brent"?
>
> Why don't you tell us of your courageous crusade to allow flex hours
> at work -- so the employee determines when -- and *if* -- he wants to
> work on any given day, based on his own PERSONAL idea of responsibility.
>
> Or, the walk out you led to allow ANYONE to park in the boss's spot.
>
> Or, the number of times you've deliberately parked in a handicapped spot
> to draw attention to the injustice of giving "cripples" special treatment..
>
> You sound increasingly insane and frustrated with where The Majority
> wants society to go. You know, you can find a little island and
> take up residence, there. With no one else around, you can assert
> whatever "personal freedoms" you choose! Of course, you'll also have to
> be totally self-reliant -- once you invite others to join you then
> you will have to start sacrificing those personal liberties (as their
> ideas will likely interfere with yours!)
>
> You may even have to settle on a particular eating time...

I would calll Brent a troll, but I don't think he is posting to be a pita, I think he really believes this crap. As Bill happily points out this is his "belief" in spite of the facts which he carefully discards if too inconvenient. He is not able to apply any real thinking and refuses to actually discuss any issues. He simply returns to the simple views he reads and fit his emotions accepting them without reason.

I won't be replying to his posts anymore unless they are dramatically offensive. There's no point is anything said to him. Everyone else in the conversation opposes his views, so not much point in preaching to the choir.

Someone should kill this thread by bringing up Nazis.

--

Rick C.

--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<7d9707bd-64eb-4b26-b3f4-b5b4822b0d8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69617&group=sci.electronics.design#69617

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 10:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
charge of COVID
From: bloc...@columbus.rr.com (Brent Locher)
 by: Brent Locher - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 17:49 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 9:42:37 AM UTC-4, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > you will have to start sacrificing those personal liberties (as their
> > ideas will likely interfere with yours!)
> >
> > You may even have to settle on a particular eating time...
> I would calll Brent a troll, but I don't think he is posting to be a pita, I think he really believes this crap. As Bill happily points out this is his "belief" in spite of the facts which he carefully discards if too inconvenient. He is not able to apply any real thinking and refuses to actually discuss any issues. He simply returns to the simple views he reads and fit his emotions accepting them without reason.
>
> I won't be replying to his posts anymore unless they are dramatically offensive. There's no point is anything said to him. Everyone else in the conversation opposes his views, so not much point in preaching to the choir.
>
> Someone should kill this thread by bringing up Nazis.

Our politicians and media are advocating punishing citizens who will not volunteer for this experimental treatment. (OK maybe the FDA will approve this vaccine that huts people 500 times more than other vaccines that have been pulled---who knows) Everything I have posted really revolves around one very simple point....Should citizens be punished for not taking an non-approved vaccine where the death rate for the actual disease is 0.2%. Everything boils back to that and arguing that the non-vaccinated are hurting the vaccinated is just buying into silly notions that are going to result in a lot of evil done by very self righteous people....not like we have ever seen that before.....

BTW I am not advocating that the vaccinated get punished even though they may actually become the super spreaders as time moves forward.
> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<se6q9h$5qg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69625&group=sci.electronics.design#69625

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
charge of COVID
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:48:15 -0700
<se637j$vm0$1@dont-email.me>
<441480e4-ff33-4865-9c3c-ea210864e61an@googlegroups.com>
<7d9707bd-64eb-4b26-b3f4-b5b4822b0d8an@googlegroups.com>
 by: Don Y - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 18:48 UTC

On 8/1/2021 10:49 AM, Brent Locher wrote:
> Our politicians and media are advocating punishing citizens who will not
> volunteer for this experimental treatment.

(sigh) Still avoiding the question, eh? C'mon, tell us about all of your
SACRIFICES as you stood up for (our!) personal liberties!

Your campaign to change the 40 hour work-week from 9-5 to... "whenever".

Your crusade to allow smoking in elevators, hospitals, at gasoline pumps...

Your mission to encourage open carry in federal buildings.

Your steadfast belief that materials from public libraries can be *kept*
(isn't that what "public" means?)

Your insistence that traffic controls are just *advisories*.

etc.

You know, PROVE that you are a true libertarian and not just some
mamby-pamby who is afraid of needles. When is the boat leaving for
that island of yours??

> (OK maybe the FDA will approve
> this vaccine that huts people 500 times more than other vaccines that have
> been pulled---who knows) Everything I have posted really revolves around one
> very simple point....

Yes, that you are a pathetic (won't stand up for anything if there is a
PERSONAL cost involved) little person who lives in perpetual fear of pretty
much everything!

"OhMiGosh! There's some homos moving into the neighborhood!"

"OhMiGosh! That guy in the next bathroom stall is BLACK/Mexican/Irish/Chinese"

"OhMiGosh! My male doctor has breasts!"

"OhMiGosh! ..."

Wow, gotta be a major feat to drag yourself out of bed in the morning and
face all of these *evils*! Esp knowing that your LACK OF courage is doing
nothing to change things! (I mean, if you don't have the balls to protest
the 12-1PM lunch hour, how are you ever going to get up the nerve to make
REAL change??)

> Should citizens be punished for not taking an
> non-approved vaccine where the death rate for the actual disease is 0.2%.
> Everything boils back to that and arguing that the non-vaccinated are
> hurting the vaccinated is just buying into silly notions that are going to
> result in a lot of evil done by very self righteous people....not like we
> have ever seen that before.....
>
> BTW I am not advocating that the vaccinated get punished even though they
> may actually become the super spreaders as time moves forward.
Ah, well... maybe we'll be lucky and the unvaccinated will die off so there
won't be any spreading to do!?

OK, you can go cower in your corner again, now...

Re: Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID

<esudgg1qli9r7lord6038qhk1sp7paun3r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69633&group=sci.electronics.design#69633

From: leg...@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 15:56:33 -0400
 by: legg - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 19:56 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 05:37:15 -0700 (PDT), Brent Locher
<blocher@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

>So here you go...this crazy wacked out, right wing conspiracy nut is essentially saying that this whole vaccination campaign breaks down because the government is forbidding any anti body testing to be used in determining whether individuals should get vaccinated. I mean why should anybody need or even desire to know if they actually have the COVID antibodies?
>
>Anyway here is an article by one of these wacked out right wingers....
>
>https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/fda-dangerous-error-advising-against-covid-antibody-testing/?

Well, I hope somebody, somewhere, is keeping track.

After all, antibody indexes are the measure of vaccine
effectiveness outside of actual trials.

There must be some value in relating this to post-contact
response of the immune system, 'in the wild'.

Might come in handy, next time.

RL

tech / sci.electronics.design / Anti body testing is a bad idea ---say our top scientists in charge of COVID