Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU. -- Mt.

tech / sci.math / Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.

SubjectAuthor
* Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
+- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
+* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.James Waldby
|+* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
||`* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|| `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
||  `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
||   `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
||    `- Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|`* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Mike Terry
| `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|  +- Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|  `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|   `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|    `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|      `- Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
+* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
|+- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|`* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
| +* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
| |`- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
| `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|  `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
|   `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|    `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     +- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     +* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     |`- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     +* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     |`* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     | +- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     | +* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |`* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     | | `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |  `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |   `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |    +- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |    `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     | |     `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |      `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | |       `- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     | `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     |  `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|     |   `- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|     `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.James Waldby
|      `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|       `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.James Waldby
|        `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|         `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|          `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|           `* Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|            `- Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
+- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Zach
+* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|+* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
||`* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|| `- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|+- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|+* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
||+* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
|||`- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
||`* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|| `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
||  `- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
|`- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
`* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Archimedes Plutonium
 `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
  +* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
  |`- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
  `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
   `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
    +- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
    `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce
     `* Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Chris M. Thomasson
      `- Re: Draw an infinite sqiare lattice without lifting the pencil.Dan joyce

Pages:1234
Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.

<7db844b2-df0c-4423-802e-aa29d661cacbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=137448&group=sci.math#137448

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 17:29:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Draw an infinite square lattice without lifting the pencil.
From: danj4...@gmail.com (Dan joyce)
 by: Dan joyce - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 00:29 UTC

On Saturday, June 10, 2023 at 5:04:45 PM UTC-4, Dan joyce wrote:
> On Friday, June 9, 2023 at 12:55:26 PM UTC-4, Dan joyce wrote:

> > > I even stated in one of my post on this subject, not the exact wording, that
> > > suppose you wanted a huge square lattice --->oo and lets say in this case
> > > a square lattice with one hundread quaudrillion (10^17) cells on just one of its 4 sides
> > > that it is possible to draw that without lifting a pencil.
> > > I know it is wrong to put a number on --->oo but just saying how much bigger
> > > than one hundred quaudrillion cells on just one of its 4 sides of a square lattice
> > > could be. Even a square lattice with 10^303 (Centillion) cells on one of its sides.
> > > So I guess the name for this lattice, not as the infinite lattice, but (a square lattice--->oo)
> > > would be more appropriate.
> > Another thing I want to straigten out is, it is not really a square lattice more of a rectangle
> > but the closest to a square that you can possibly get. The top portion where it reverses and
> > comes back down the path does not need to protrude (stick above the border of the rectangle
> > drawn around the lattice.) I just need to shorten the last 2 lines going out to U-1 and L-1.
> > Then just adjust the return path length for that one side to D-1 and R-1.
> > Just by changing the last integer (n) in the first sequance to n-1.
> > Then change the first integer (n) in the second sequence to n-1.
> Then if you sdd another set of 4 pattern integers at the end of the first sequence then put the n-1 back to n+1 before you add the new set that actually breaks the pattern with the n-1 for the last number. The same for the second sequence adding 1 back to the starting number in that sequence before
> you add the new set of 3 unique pattern integers for that sequence + n-1as the first number.

It gets a little complex to maintain all the cells within one border when adding the next 4 integers to each
sequence for one more rotation in each sequence. If you follow the above instructions it works every time. So far 30 rotations have worked.
Or about 30^2=900 cells. So 4 directions for each completed cell = 3600 lines all done with a handful
of directions (R,U),L,D,R,D,R,U,L,U,L,D for the going out sequence, (R,U) only accessed once, and a simple R,D,L,D,L,U,R,U for the coming back in sequence. So 20 directions total and the pattern integers do the rest
wIth their 2 unique patterns for each of the 2 sequences.
Going out sequence for 9 rotations---
(1),2,1,3,2,4,3,5,4,6,5,7,6,8,7,9,8,10,9,11,10,12,11,13,12,14,13,15,14,16,15,17,16,18,17,19,17 ---(1) exicuted once.
The last number (17) should be 18 to maintain the pattern but to keep all cells within a border around
then 18-1 for this round and when 4 more numbers are added 17+1 to keep with the pattern.
Coming back in sequence.
17,17,17,16,16,15,15,14,14,13,13,12,12,11,11,10,10,9,9,8,8,7,7,6,6,5,5,4,4,3,3,2,2,1,1 The same goes for this sequence'
only it is the first number should be 18 but to maintain all cells within a border 18-1 then when you add 4 more numbers
for another rotation then 17+1 to keep with the pattern.
It is easy to construct an algorthm with the above info.

Happy coding