Whoa...I did a 'zcat /vmlinuz > /dev/audio' and I think I heard God... -- mikecd on #Linux

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FloridTom Kunich
`* Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FloridFrank Krygowski
 +- Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FloridCatrike Ryder
 `* RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FlTom Kunich
  `* Re: RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters iAMuzi
   `* Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FloridFrank Krygowski
    +* Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FloridCatrike Ryder
    |`- Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Floridfunkma...@hotmail.com
    `- RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in FlTom Kunich

1
Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<9551feba-e23e-4ac3-adcc-0b19b33db571n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100431&group=rec.bicycles.tech#100431

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 08:29:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered
Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 16:29 UTC

On Friday, February 2, 2024 at 6:22:42 AM UTC-8, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 08:03:27 -0600, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

> >> You seem to be agreeing with me that a gun wouldn't have
> >> helped in your one incident. Despite TV-generated secret
> >> agent fantasies, nobody is likely to have the lightning
> >> quick reflexes to grab their handgun and fire precise shots
> >> when under sudden attack in their own kitchen.
> >>
> >> But aside from that incident, can you tell us about all the
> >> other times you used a gun as a civilian to protect yourself
> >> from sudden attacks? How many times have your guns saved
> >> your life? This is your chance to brag!
> >>
> >> Again, for me and for everyone I know, the answer is zero.
> >>

> >As above, "Frank's rational seems to be that because I was
> >unable to defend myself in that one specific incident I
> >would be unable to defend my self in any future incident."
> Krygowski has not yet explained what he plans on doing if someone does
> attack him on his bike, or how he'd deal with someone attempting to
> break into his home, or a carjack attempt.

Quite clearly he doesn't believe it could happen. If it does happen he thinks that simply standing aside will work. It never occurs to him what criminals will do to someone that can identify them. Remember that he had to "prepare" himself just to ride through Youngstown, one of the safer places in his state.

Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<upj7n0$2m3pg$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100437&group=rec.bicycles.tech#100437

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 12:10:56 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 17:10 UTC

On 2/2/2024 11:29 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, February 2, 2024 at 6:22:42 AM UTC-8, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>>
>> Krygowski has not yet explained what he plans on doing if someone does
>> attack him on his bike, or how he'd deal with someone attempting to
>> break into his home, or a carjack attempt.
>
> Quite clearly he doesn't believe it could happen. If it does happen he thinks that simply standing aside will work. It never occurs to him what criminals will do to someone that can identify them. Remember that he had to "prepare" himself just to ride through Youngstown, one of the safer places in his state.

??? What do you mean "prepare" myself? Are you again imagining things
I've never said?

I do feel very safe around here, just as I've felt safe in almost every
one of the hundreds of cities I've ridden in. I've never once considered
carrying a gun for "protection."

But tell us about yourself, Tom. You've complained mightily about the
hell hole in which you live, about illegal immigrants, thefts and much
more. And you've given us specs down to the gram on the equipment with
which you ride.

Yet you've never given us specs on the gun you carry while riding!
Please, what's its make, model and weight? And more important, tell us
about all the times it was really necessary!

"My helmet saved my life!!!" stories are stupidly common. Shouldn't you
be starting a "My handgun saved my life on a bike ride" threads?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<qktqrip50o6ltj695fpe6sh1lvpp03jbch@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100463&group=rec.bicycles.tech#100463

From: Solo...@old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 18:12:40 -0500
 by: Catrike Ryder - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 23:12 UTC

On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 12:10:56 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/2/2024 11:29 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On Friday, February 2, 2024 at 6:22:42?AM UTC-8, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>>>
>>> Krygowski has not yet explained what he plans on doing if someone does
>>> attack him on his bike, or how he'd deal with someone attempting to
>>> break into his home, or a carjack attempt.
>>
>> Quite clearly he doesn't believe it could happen. If it does happen he thinks that simply standing aside will work. It never occurs to him what criminals will do to someone that can identify them. Remember that he had to "prepare" himself just to ride through Youngstown, one of the safer places in his state.
>
>??? What do you mean "prepare" myself? Are you again imagining things
>I've never said?
>
>I do feel very safe around here, just as I've felt safe in almost every
>one of the hundreds of cities I've ridden in. I've never once considered
>carrying a gun for "protection."

It's not as though you'd know how to use it.

>But tell us about yourself, Tom. You've complained mightily about the
>hell hole in which you live, about illegal immigrants, thefts and much
>more. And you've given us specs down to the gram on the equipment with
>which you ride.
>
>Yet you've never given us specs on the gun you carry while riding!
>Please, what's its make, model and weight? And more important, tell us
>about all the times it was really necessary!
>
>"My helmet saved my life!!!" stories are stupidly common. Shouldn't you
>be starting a "My handgun saved my life on a bike ride" threads?

RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<t2vyN.322037$7sbb.280278@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101008&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101008

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:18:33 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:18 UTC

On Fri Feb 2 12:10:56 2024 Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/2/2024 11:29 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Friday, February 2, 2024 at 6:22:42?AM UTC-8, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> >>
> >> Krygowski has not yet explained what he plans on doing if someone does
> >> attack him on his bike, or how he'd deal with someone attempting to
> >> break into his home, or a carjack attempt.
> >
> > Quite clearly he doesn't believe it could happen. If it does happen he thinks that simply standing aside will work. It never occurs to him what criminals will do to someone that can identify them. Remember that he had to "prepare" himself just to ride through Youngstown, one of the safer places in his state.
>
> ??? What do you mean "prepare" myself? Are you again imagining things
> I've never said?
>
> I do feel very safe around here, just as I've felt safe in almost every
> one of the hundreds of cities I've ridden in. I've never once considered
> carrying a gun for "protection."
>
> But tell us about yourself, Tom. You've complained mightily about the
> hell hole in which you live, about illegal immigrants, thefts and much
> more. And you've given us specs down to the gram on the equipment with
> which you ride.
>
> Yet you've never given us specs on the gun you carry while riding!
> Please, what's its make, model and weight? And more important, tell us
> about all the times it was really necessary!
>
> "My helmet saved my life!!!" stories are stupidly common. Shouldn't you
> be starting a "My handgun saved my life on a bike ride" threads?
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Frank, on the whole Illinois is not a particularly safe state. You yourself even spock of preparing yourself to ride though one of the safer areas of Youngstown. Don't pretend that because Poland is safe now that it is going to be safe tomorrow.

Re: RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<uqedsv$1ovdv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101021&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101021

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic
Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 18:42:09 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:42 UTC

On 2/12/2024 2:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Fri Feb 2 12:10:56 2024 Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> Quite clearly he doesn't believe it could happen. If it does happen he thinks that simply standing aside will work. It never occurs to him what criminals will do to someone that can identify them. Remember that he had to "prepare" himself just to ride through Youngstown, one of the safer places in his state.
>>
>> ??? What do you mean "prepare" myself? Are you again imagining things
>> I've never said?
>>
>> I do feel very safe around here, just as I've felt safe in almost every
>> one of the hundreds of cities I've ridden in. I've never once considered
>> carrying a gun for "protection."
>>
>> But tell us about yourself, Tom. You've complained mightily about the
>> hell hole in which you live, about illegal immigrants, thefts and much
>> more. And you've given us specs down to the gram on the equipment with
>> which you ride.
>>
>> Yet you've never given us specs on the gun you carry while riding!
>> Please, what's its make, model and weight? And more important, tell us
>> about all the times it was really necessary!
>>
>> "My helmet saved my life!!!" stories are stupidly common. Shouldn't you
>> be starting a "My handgun saved my life on a bike ride" threads?
>>
>> --
>> - Frank Krygowski
>>

> Frank, on the whole Illinois is not a particularly safe state. You yourself even spock of preparing yourself to ride though one of the safer areas of Youngstown. Don't pretend that because Poland is safe now that it is going to be safe tomorrow.

Not so much.
The cities (notably Chicago but also Rockford/LovesPark,
East St Louis, etc) are trouble but most of Illinois is
pleasant cycling (albeit on the prairie not much break in
the scenery nor much for climbs), rural, quiet, safe and
full of personable friendly people. Warren Buffet's son
farms in Central Illinois and he could be anywhere he wanted
but enjoys the lifestyle.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org

Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<uqeqrf$1ufdt$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101026&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101026

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 23:23:11 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 04:23 UTC

On 2/12/2024 7:42 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 2/12/2024 2:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>> Frank, on the whole Illinois is not a particularly safe state. You
>> yourself even spock of preparing yourself to ride though one of the
>> safer areas of Youngstown.

?? I don't know what you're imagining I said.

Yes, when I prepare for a ride through the city or anywhere else, I
often do prepare a bit. Depending on details of the ride, I may clip on
an eyeglass mirror (or may not). If I'm wearing jeans, I may use a
safety pin to reef in the right cuff. If it's a longer ride, I may put
on cycling gloves and a cycling cap, or even riding clothes. Sometimes
I'll make sure I have a street map. Everything else I'm likely to need -
pump, patch kit, spare tube, tools - live on every bike I own.

>> Don't pretend that because Poland is safe
>> now that it is going to be safe tomorrow.

I'm willing to bet it will be just fine tomorrow. It's been just fine
for the 40+ years I've lived here.

> Not so much.
> The cities (notably Chicago but also Rockford/LovesPark, East St Louis,
> etc) are trouble but most of Illinois is pleasant cycling (albeit on the
> prairie not much break in the scenery nor much for climbs), rural,
> quiet, safe and full of personable friendly people. Warren Buffet's son
> farms in Central Illinois and he could be anywhere he wanted but enjoys
> the lifestyle.

Tom really does display an amazing amount of fear. His doom and gloom
posts on every topic illustrate that daily.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<1edmsi16tniddgcavqipemhnsnfcsfg9d9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101029&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101029

From: Solo...@old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 04:28:39 -0500
 by: Catrike Ryder - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 09:28 UTC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 23:23:11 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/12/2024 7:42 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 2/12/2024 2:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>>
>>> Frank, on the whole Illinois is not a particularly safe state. You
>>> yourself even spock of preparing yourself to ride though one of the
>>> safer areas of Youngstown.
>
>?? I don't know what you're imagining I said.
>
>Yes, when I prepare for a ride through the city or anywhere else, I
>often do prepare a bit. Depending on details of the ride, I may clip on
>an eyeglass mirror (or may not). If I'm wearing jeans, I may use a
>safety pin to reef in the right cuff. If it's a longer ride, I may put
>on cycling gloves and a cycling cap, or even riding clothes. Sometimes
>I'll make sure I have a street map. Everything else I'm likely to need -
>pump, patch kit, spare tube, tools - live on every bike I own.
>
>>> Don't pretend that because Poland is safe
>>> now that it is going to be safe tomorrow.
>
>I'm willing to bet it will be just fine tomorrow. It's been just fine
>for the 40+ years I've lived here.
>

>> Not so much.
>> The cities (notably Chicago but also Rockford/LovesPark, East St Louis,
>> etc) are trouble but most of Illinois is pleasant cycling (albeit on the
>> prairie not much break in the scenery nor much for climbs), rural,
>> quiet, safe and full of personable friendly people. Warren Buffet's son
>> farms in Central Illinois and he could be anywhere he wanted but enjoys
>> the lifestyle.
>
>Tom really does display an amazing amount of fear. His doom and gloom
>posts on every topic illustrate that daily.

That's from the guy who's afraid to have a gun in his home because he
believes it makes him more likely to be shot. That's not only
paranoid, it stupid.

Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<bc4b28a1-b9ed-4999-a871-0f8b867091a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101034&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101034

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 05:52:45 -0800 (PST)
Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:52 UTC

On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 4:28:44 AM UTC-5, floriduh dumbass wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 23:23:11 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >?? I don't know what you're imagining I said.
> >
> >Yes, when I prepare for a ride through the city or anywhere else, I
> >often do prepare a bit. Depending on details of the ride, I may clip on
> >an eyeglass mirror (or may not). If I'm wearing jeans, I may use a
> >safety pin to reef in the right cuff. If it's a longer ride, I may put
> >on cycling gloves and a cycling cap, or even riding clothes. Sometimes
> >I'll make sure I have a street map. Everything else I'm likely to need -
> >pump, patch kit, spare tube, tools - live on every bike I own.

> >I'm willing to bet it will be just fine tomorrow. It's been just fine
> >for the 40+ years I've lived here.
> >

> >> Not so much.
> >> The cities (notably Chicago but also Rockford/LovesPark, East St Louis,
> >> etc) are trouble but most of Illinois is pleasant cycling (albeit on the
> >> prairie not much break in the scenery nor much for climbs), rural,
> >> quiet, safe and full of personable friendly people. Warren Buffet's son
> >> farms in Central Illinois and he could be anywhere he wanted but enjoys
> >> the lifestyle.
> >
> >Tom really does display an amazing amount of fear. His doom and gloom
> >posts on every topic illustrate that daily.
>
> That's from the guy who's afraid to have a gun in his home because he
> believes it makes him more likely to be shot. That's not only
> paranoid, it stupid.

That's from a dumbass who's afraid to leave his house without a gun. That's the type of paranoia and stupidity that can get himself and other innocent bystanders killed.

RE: Re: Excess Death Rates for Republican and Democratic Registered Voters in Florida and Ohio During the COVID-19 Pandemic

<rKQyN.323045$Wp_8.109628@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101062&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101062

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:59:03 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:59 UTC

On Mon Feb 12 23:23:11 2024 Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/12/2024 7:42 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> > On 2/12/2024 2:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >>
> >> Frank, on the whole Illinois is not a particularly safe state. You
> >> yourself even spock of preparing yourself to ride though one of the
> >> safer areas of Youngstown.
>
> ?? I don't know what you're imagining I said.
>
> Yes, when I prepare for a ride through the city or anywhere else, I
> often do prepare a bit. Depending on details of the ride, I may clip on
> an eyeglass mirror (or may not). If I'm wearing jeans, I may use a
> safety pin to reef in the right cuff. If it's a longer ride, I may put
> on cycling gloves and a cycling cap, or even riding clothes. Sometimes
> I'll make sure I have a street map. Everything else I'm likely to need -
> pump, patch kit, spare tube, tools - live on every bike I own.
>
> >> Don't pretend that because Poland is safe
> >> now that it is going to be safe tomorrow.
>
> I'm willing to bet it will be just fine tomorrow. It's been just fine
> for the 40+ years I've lived here.
>

> > Not so much.
> > The cities (notably Chicago but also Rockford/LovesPark, East St Louis,
> > etc) are trouble but most of Illinois is pleasant cycling (albeit on the
> > prairie not much break in the scenery nor much for climbs), rural,
> > quiet, safe and full of personable friendly people. Warren Buffet's son
> > farms in Central Illinois and he could be anywhere he wanted but enjoys
> > the lifestyle.
>
> Tom really does display an amazing amount of fear. His doom and gloom
> posts on every topic illustrate that daily.
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Frank, I just want to remind you that the policies of the democrats are endangering YOUR life too and because you feel safe in lily white Poland, doesn't mean that it can turn on a dime and turn your home into a hell hole