"Marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it." -- Baskins

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: Remarkble situation.

SubjectAuthor
* Remarkble situation.Gerald Kelleher
+* Re: Remarkble situation.palsing
|`- Re: Remarkble situation.Gerald Kelleher
`- Re: Remarkble situation.Quadibloc

1
Remarkble situation.

<49b05b1b-ea5e-4635-8cd0-562443493925n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10047&group=sci.astro.amateur#10047

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:13:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Remarkble situation.
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:13 UTC

How anyone, at least those in their right mind, can avoid the scaling up of the motions of Jupiter's satellites to the solar system equivalent of the motions of Venus and Mercury is beyond me-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcrBAuLBXag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uCtot1aDg

Galileo only went so far as to remove the idea of up/down and that not all celestial objects orbit the geocentric view of the central Earth.

The new perspective changes the relationship of direct/retrograde observations to a moving Earth by splitting the perspective into two separate formats.

Remarkable, truly remarkable.

Re: Remarkble situation.

<58beab49-23c7-4877-a102-00afc1aa8389n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10048&group=sci.astro.amateur#10048

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Remarkble situation.
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 02:07 UTC

On Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 1:14:01 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
> How anyone, at least those in their right mind, can avoid the scaling up of the motions of Jupiter's satellites to the solar system equivalent of the motions of Venus and Mercury is beyond me-
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcrBAuLBXag
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uCtot1aDg
>
> Galileo only went so far as to remove the idea of up/down and that not all celestial objects orbit the geocentric view of the central Earth.
>
> The new perspective changes the relationship of direct/retrograde observations to a moving Earth by splitting the perspective into two separate formats.
>
> Remarkable, truly remarkable.

Yes, remarkable... but I'll wager that you do not understand that all of these motions were well-known long before the photographic evidence was available... long before either you or I I even existed!

As always, you do not know what you do not know...

Re: Remarkble situation.

<54e4be28-5b43-40af-acbc-f2b4ec835f63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10049&group=sci.astro.amateur#10049

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:06:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 06:06 UTC

The inability to affirm the partitioning of direct/retrograde motions depending on whether the planets move faster or slower than the moving Earth is remarkable as no hypothesis is required to account for the motions of Venus and Mercury as they run smaller and faster circuits around our parent star.

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

Jupiter is currently exiting from left to right as it transitions to a dawn position. A close inspection shows that Jupiter actually is moving from right to left but as it moves slower than the Earth, so the change in position of the stars parallel to the orbital plane is faster than Jupiter's change against the same background.

Mercury will soon come into view moving rapidly from left to right as a reflection of that planet's actual motion between the slower-moving Earth and the central Sun.

The first solar system researchers using a moving Earth could not account for Venus and Mercury using the Ptolemaic framework hence the Tychonic mutation. It requires an entirely new framework with its origins in antiquity ( The Decans) to split the perspectives.

The utter disrespect for contemporary technology and the perspectives of people like Galileo who did not have the observations necessary to split the resolution for direct/retrograde motions in two is remarkable -

" Now what is said here of Jupiter is to be understood of Saturn and Mars also. In Saturn, these retrogressions are somewhat more frequent than in Jupiter, because its motion is slower than Jupiter's so the Earth overtakes it in a shorter time. In Mars they are rarer, its motion being faster than that of Jupiter so that the Earth spends more time in catching up with it. Next, as to Venus and Mercury, whose circles are included within that of the Earth, stoppings and retrograde motions appear in them also, due not to any motion that really exists in them, but to the annual motion of the Earth. This is acutely demonstrated by Copernicus . . .

You see, gentlemen, with what ease and simplicity the annual motion -- if made by the Earth -- lends itself to supplying reasons for the apparent anomalies which are observed in the movements of the five planets. . . . It removes them all and reduces these movements to equable and regular motions, and it was Nicholas Copernicus who first clarified for us the reasons for this marvellous effect." Galileo, Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, 1632

As always, my Christianity keeps me from claiming something for myself hence it is unfamiliarity rather than anything else among those who are interested in genuine astronomical insights that represent no movement into wider society and the education system. For those who insist on priority out of allegiance to a silly empirical mutation, I have nothing to say other than if they are inspired by what has been demonstrated and then diminish the messenger, they have little to recommend about themselves.

" And now, brother, listen to the conclusion. Above all the graces and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Christ grants to his friends, is the grace of overcoming oneself, and accepting willingly, out of love for Christ, all suffering, injury, discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God" St Francis of Assisi

That is why I can do so much as a Christian and as a researcher.

Re: Remarkble situation.

<9907bf23-10ae-49b5-ae28-f7043d3a174cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10050&group=sci.astro.amateur#10050

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 08:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: jsav...@ecn.ab.ca (Quadibloc)
 by: Quadibloc - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:42 UTC

On Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 2:14:01 PM UTC-6, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
> How anyone, at least those in their right mind, can avoid the scaling up of the
> motions of Jupiter's satellites to the solar system equivalent of the motions
> of Venus and Mercury is beyond me-

Here, you are definitely right. Jupiter's moons orbit Jupiter; Venus and Mercury
orbit the Sun, and from the Earth, which also orbits the Sun, but at a greater
distance, we see this from the outside, so the two cases are both analogous
and visually similar.

John Savard