God is real, unless declared integer.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: group photo

SubjectAuthor
* group photojlarkin
+* Re: group photoboB
|`* Re: group photojlarkin
| `- Re: group photoJohn S
+- Re: group photoJohn Doe
+* Re: group photoBob Engelhardt
|`- Re: group photojlarkin
`* Re: group photoDimiter_Popoff
 `* Re: group photojlarkin
  `* Re: group photoDimiter_Popoff
   `* Re: group photoLasse Langwadt Christensen
    +* Re: group photoDimiter_Popoff
    |`* Re: group photoTabby
    | `* Re: group photoDimiter_Popoff
    |  `- Re: group photoClive Arthur
    `* Re: group photojlarkin
     `- Re: group photoLasse Langwadt Christensen

1
group photo

<ffvcbhpn21e6ombsfaf6let7k10k1naob5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100320&group=sci.electronics.design#100320

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: group photo
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:31:46 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 03:31 UTC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1

We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility

After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
over-unity energy gain.

Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
and fusion yield.

--

Anybody can count to one.

- Robert Widlar

Re: group photo

<ku1dbh9sjuecct28k8knl84o6lchrrbgcm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100327&group=sci.electronics.design#100327

From: boB...@K7IQ.com (boB)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: group photo
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:59:28 -0700
 by: boB - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 03:59 UTC

On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:31:46 -0700, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>
>We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
>On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
>
>After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
>progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
>over-unity energy gain.
>
>Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
>and fusion yield.

CooL !! Great pic ! Must have been a nice tour.

Is that you in the green shirt on the right side of center ?

Would love to see that place some time. Good movie background too of
course.

boB

Re: group photo

<c83dbh9b4bohubj7i76nd3mkmmuri9lb0o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100329&group=sci.electronics.design#100329

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 21:25:23 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:25 UTC

On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:59:28 -0700, boB <boB@K7IQ.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:31:46 -0700, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
>wrote:
>
>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>>
>>We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
>>On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
>>
>>After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
>>progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
>>over-unity energy gain.
>>
>>Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
>>and fusion yield.
>

>CooL !! Great pic ! Must have been a nice tour.
>
>Is that you in the green shirt on the right side of center ?
>
>Would love to see that place some time. Good movie background too of
>course.
>
>boB

I'm the little guy on the left, back row.

It's about the world's biggest clean room, which is great for
allergies.

--

Anybody can count to one.

- Robert Widlar

Re: group photo

<t962sq$1nf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100332&group=sci.electronics.design#100332

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:28:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:28 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>
> We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
> On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.

Boldly going where no man has gone before!

Re: group photo

<aYDtK.146867$ntj.145156@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100362&group=sci.electronics.design#100362

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: BobEngel...@comcast.net (Bob Engelhardt)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 09:20:07 -0400
 by: Bob Engelhardt - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:20 UTC

On 6/24/2022 11:31 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> [...] getting increasing, over-unity energy gain. [...]

Keeping in mind that those fusion researchers measure efficiency in
terms of heat out of the device vs. heat into it. Without considering
the energy used in the very inefficient supporting equipment. Overhaul
efficiency so low as to be absurd. "Over unity" is newspeak.

> Anybody can count to one.
>
> - Robert Widlar

BTW - it's "Every idiot can count to one"

Re: group photo

<ns5ebhhntb1oqu9djg544rta29ogv622hm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100364&group=sci.electronics.design#100364

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:17:08 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 14:17 UTC

On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 09:20:07 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
<BobEngelhardt@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 6/24/2022 11:31 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> [...] getting increasing, over-unity energy gain. [...]
>
>Keeping in mind that those fusion researchers measure efficiency in
>terms of heat out of the device vs. heat into it. Without considering
>the energy used in the very inefficient supporting equipment. Overhaul
>efficiency so low as to be absurd. "Over unity" is newspeak.

One milestone was to get more fusion energy out than light energy in.
It took about 20 years to understand how to do that.

There are people who think that there is a real path to using lased
induced fusion as a practical power source. It's a long shot but not
impossible.

NIF is used for a lot of other experiments, with very different
targets, so one may as well fire some fusion shots.

--

Anybody can count to one.

- Robert Widlar

Re: group photo

<t976c3$3ikv2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100366&group=sci.electronics.design#100366

From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:33:38 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 14:33 UTC

On 6/25/2022 6:31, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>
> We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
> On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
>
> After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
> progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
> over-unity energy gain.
>
> Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
> and fusion yield.

Pretty cool.
Why are you all wearing masks? Here they abandoned them, the pandemic
has subsided (and it is summer). Or is it to protect the site you are
at?

Re: group photo

<saaebhp4dvug93chhmdbk2ulb7nahdape7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100367&group=sci.electronics.design#100367

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 08:33:01 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 15:33 UTC

On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:33:38 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <dp@tgi-sci.com>
wrote:

>On 6/25/2022 6:31, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>>
>> We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
>> On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
>>
>> After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
>> progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
>> over-unity energy gain.
>>
>> Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
>> and fusion yield.
>>

>Pretty cool.
>Why are you all wearing masks? Here they abandoned them, the pandemic
>has subsided (and it is summer). Or is it to protect the site you are
>at?

They are required inside NIF, don't know why. They didn't require us
to wear booties or walk on sticky pads to de-dust our shoes, like a
semiconductor fab would.

Few people wear masks here in normal life. Maybe 5% are masked in
public outdoors, maybe 20% at supermarkets, almost none in bars or
restaurants.

I think some people will wear masks forever.

Re: group photo

<t97dr2$3j5rd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100370&group=sci.electronics.design#100370

From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 19:41:04 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 16:41 UTC

On 6/25/2022 18:33, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:33:38 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <dp@tgi-sci.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/25/2022 6:31, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>>>
>>> We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
>>> On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
>>>
>>> After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
>>> progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
>>> over-unity energy gain.
>>>
>>> Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
>>> and fusion yield.
>>>

>> Pretty cool.
>> Why are you all wearing masks? Here they abandoned them, the pandemic
>> has subsided (and it is summer). Or is it to protect the site you are
>> at?
>
> They are required inside NIF, don't know why. They didn't require us
> to wear booties or walk on sticky pads to de-dust our shoes, like a
> semiconductor fab would.
>
> Few people wear masks here in normal life. Maybe 5% are masked in
> public outdoors, maybe 20% at supermarkets, almost none in bars or
> restaurants.
>
> I think some people will wear masks forever.

Well masks are not much help against infection unless everybody wears
them but I can understand how people in desperation would wear - say
someone on chemo, even if all the mask gives them is just a feeling
of better safety.
What might be an alternative last line of defence is what what I do, I
put a "Fisherman's Friend"
https://www.amazon.com/Fishermans-Friend-Lozenges-Original-Strong/dp/B01IAI1YN0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2ZN87NLGDC133&keywords=fishermans+friend&qid=1656174992&sprefix=fishermen%27s+friend%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-12

in my mouth when on public transport etc. Don't know if it works
and I am no longer addicted to these (which I was to a point where
my tongue was constantly dark brown, may years ago while I lived
in Germany) but well, they don't hurt. And I still enjoy them.

Re: group photo

<169873c1-3bcf-4426-a715-8e2b63acaee0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100371&group=sci.electronics.design#100371

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 09:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: langw...@fonz.dk (Lasse Langwadt Christensen)
 by: Lasse Langwadt Chris - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 16:47 UTC

lørdag den 25. juni 2022 kl. 18.41.12 UTC+2 skrev Dimiter Popoff:
> On 6/25/2022 18:33, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:33:38 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Pretty cool.
> >> Why are you all wearing masks? Here they abandoned them, the pandemic
> >> has subsided (and it is summer). Or is it to protect the site you are
> >> at?
> >
> > They are required inside NIF, don't know why. They didn't require us
> > to wear booties or walk on sticky pads to de-dust our shoes, like a
> > semiconductor fab would.
> >
> > Few people wear masks here in normal life. Maybe 5% are masked in
> > public outdoors, maybe 20% at supermarkets, almost none in bars or
> > restaurants.
> >
> > I think some people will wear masks forever.
> >
> Well masks are not much help against infection unless everybody wears
> them but I can understand how people in desperation would wear - say
> someone on chemo, even if all the mask gives them is just a feeling
> of better safety.
> What might be an alternative last line of defence is what what I do, I
> put a "Fisherman's Friend"
> https://www.amazon.com/Fishermans-Friend-Lozenges-Original-Strong/dp/B01IAI1YN0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2ZN87NLGDC133&keywords=fishermans+friend&qid=1656174992&sprefix=fishermen%27s+friend%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-12
>
> in my mouth when on public transport etc. Don't know if it works
> and I am no longer addicted to these (which I was to a point where
> my tongue was constantly dark brown, may years ago while I lived
> in Germany) but well, they don't hurt. And I still enjoy them.

try this instead ;) https://www.drinksupermarket.com/fisherman-the-original-70cl-30-abv

Re: group photo

<t97fkg$3j9kg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100372&group=sci.electronics.design#100372

From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 20:11:42 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:11 UTC

On 6/25/2022 19:47, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> lørdag den 25. juni 2022 kl. 18.41.12 UTC+2 skrev Dimiter Popoff:
>> On 6/25/2022 18:33, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> They are required inside NIF, don't know why. They didn't require us
>>> to wear booties or walk on sticky pads to de-dust our shoes, like a
>>> semiconductor fab would.
>>>
>>> Few people wear masks here in normal life. Maybe 5% are masked in
>>> public outdoors, maybe 20% at supermarkets, almost none in bars or
>>> restaurants.
>>>
>>> I think some people will wear masks forever.
>>>
>> Well masks are not much help against infection unless everybody wears
>> them but I can understand how people in desperation would wear - say
>> someone on chemo, even if all the mask gives them is just a feeling
>> of better safety.
>> What might be an alternative last line of defence is what what I do, I
>> put a "Fisherman's Friend"
>> https://www.amazon.com/Fishermans-Friend-Lozenges-Original-Strong/dp/B01IAI1YN0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2ZN87NLGDC133&keywords=fishermans+friend&qid=1656174992&sprefix=fishermen%27s+friend%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-12
>>
>> in my mouth when on public transport etc. Don't know if it works
>> and I am no longer addicted to these (which I was to a point where
>> my tongue was constantly dark brown, may years ago while I lived
>> in Germany) but well, they don't hurt. And I still enjoy them.
>

> try this instead ;) https://www.drinksupermarket.com/fisherman-the-original-70cl-30-abv

Hah! Did not know that one - but I am not much of a drinker anyway.
One of these bottles would last for years at my drinking rate,
whereas I had to buy 240 packages of my "Fisherman's Friend"
at amazon.de (so the transport charge would be acceptable) after
they disappeared from Sofia.

Re: group photo

<9ohebh5nt7jltpinel3dl099tfutarrhj4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100373&group=sci.electronics.design#100373

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 10:35:04 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:35 UTC

On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 09:47:54 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
<langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote:

>lørdag den 25. juni 2022 kl. 18.41.12 UTC+2 skrev Dimiter Popoff:
>> On 6/25/2022 18:33, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>> > They are required inside NIF, don't know why. They didn't require us
>> > to wear booties or walk on sticky pads to de-dust our shoes, like a
>> > semiconductor fab would.
>> >
>> > Few people wear masks here in normal life. Maybe 5% are masked in
>> > public outdoors, maybe 20% at supermarkets, almost none in bars or
>> > restaurants.
>> >
>> > I think some people will wear masks forever.
>> >
>> Well masks are not much help against infection unless everybody wears
>> them but I can understand how people in desperation would wear - say
>> someone on chemo, even if all the mask gives them is just a feeling
>> of better safety.
>> What might be an alternative last line of defence is what what I do, I
>> put a "Fisherman's Friend"
>> https://www.amazon.com/Fishermans-Friend-Lozenges-Original-Strong/dp/B01IAI1YN0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2ZN87NLGDC133&keywords=fishermans+friend&qid=1656174992&sprefix=fishermen%27s+friend%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-12
>>
>> in my mouth when on public transport etc. Don't know if it works
>> and I am no longer addicted to these (which I was to a point where
>> my tongue was constantly dark brown, may years ago while I lived
>> in Germany) but well, they don't hurt. And I still enjoy them.
>

>try this instead ;) https://www.drinksupermarket.com/fisherman-the-original-70cl-30-abv

Bah. Poor substitutes for dark chocolate.

Re: group photo

<98523378-76cf-4061-a92b-a7a21a2d51a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100374&group=sci.electronics.design#100374

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 10:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: langw...@fonz.dk (Lasse Langwadt Christensen)
 by: Lasse Langwadt Chris - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 17:38 UTC

lørdag den 25. juni 2022 kl. 19.35.18 UTC+2 skrev jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 09:47:54 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
> <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:
>
> >lørdag den 25. juni 2022 kl. 18.41.12 UTC+2 skrev Dimiter Popoff:

> >> Well masks are not much help against infection unless everybody wears
> >> them but I can understand how people in desperation would wear - say
> >> someone on chemo, even if all the mask gives them is just a feeling
> >> of better safety.
> >> What might be an alternative last line of defence is what what I do, I
> >> put a "Fisherman's Friend"
> >> https://www.amazon.com/Fishermans-Friend-Lozenges-Original-Strong/dp/B01IAI1YN0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2ZN87NLGDC133&keywords=fishermans+friend&qid=1656174992&sprefix=fishermen%27s+friend%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-12
> >>
> >> in my mouth when on public transport etc. Don't know if it works
> >> and I am no longer addicted to these (which I was to a point where
> >> my tongue was constantly dark brown, may years ago while I lived
> >> in Germany) but well, they don't hurt. And I still enjoy them.
> >

> >try this instead ;) https://www.drinksupermarket.com/fisherman-the-original-70cl-30-abv
> Bah. Poor substitutes for dark chocolate.

not a substitute, addition ...

Re: group photo

<e5aab7cf-ecaf-4e9f-af26-c16df906d1a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100430&group=sci.electronics.design#100430

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 09:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Tabby)
 by: Tabby - Sun, 26 Jun 2022 16:54 UTC

On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 18:11:50 UTC+1, Dimiter Popoff wrote:
> On 6/25/2022 19:47, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> > lørdag den 25. juni 2022 kl. 18.41.12 UTC+2 skrev Dimiter Popoff:

> >> Well masks are not much help against infection unless everybody wears
> >> them but I can understand how people in desperation would wear - say
> >> someone on chemo, even if all the mask gives them is just a feeling
> >> of better safety.
> >> What might be an alternative last line of defence is what what I do, I
> >> put a "Fisherman's Friend"
> >> https://www.amazon.com/Fishermans-Friend-Lozenges-Original-Strong/dp/B01IAI1YN0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=2ZN87NLGDC133&keywords=fishermans+friend&qid=1656174992&sprefix=fishermen%27s+friend%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-12
> >>
> >> in my mouth when on public transport etc. Don't know if it works
> >> and I am no longer addicted to these (which I was to a point where
> >> my tongue was constantly dark brown, may years ago while I lived
> >> in Germany) but well, they don't hurt. And I still enjoy them.
> >

> > try this instead ;) https://www.drinksupermarket.com/fisherman-the-original-70cl-30-abv
> Hah! Did not know that one - but I am not much of a drinker anyway.
> One of these bottles would last for years at my drinking rate,
> whereas I had to buy 240 packages of my "Fisherman's Friend"
> at amazon.de (so the transport charge would be acceptable) after
> they disappeared from Sofia.

do Victory Vs still exist?

Re: group photo

<t9ac9d$btn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100433&group=sci.electronics.design#100433

From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 22:33:01 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Sun, 26 Jun 2022 19:33 UTC

On 6/26/2022 19:54, Tabby wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 18:11:50 UTC+1, Dimiter Popoff wrote:

>>> try this instead ;) https://www.drinksupermarket.com/fisherman-the-original-70cl-30-abv
>> Hah! Did not know that one - but I am not much of a drinker anyway.
>> One of these bottles would last for years at my drinking rate,
>> whereas I had to buy 240 packages of my "Fisherman's Friend"
>> at amazon.de (so the transport charge would be acceptable) after
>> they disappeared from Sofia.
>
> do Victory Vs still exist?

Not sure what this is... I remember there was a brand of cigarettes
named "Victory" - is it that? I don't smoke since 1992 so I have lost
touch, don't even notice what other people smoke.

Re: group photo

<t9c3dc$etu4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100441&group=sci.electronics.design#100441

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:13:46 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 11:13 UTC

On 26/06/2022 20:33, Dimiter_Popoff wrote:
> On 6/26/2022 19:54, Tabby wrote:

<snip>

>> do Victory Vs still exist?
>
> Not sure what this is... I remember there was a brand of cigarettes
> named "Victory" - is it that? I don't smoke since 1992 so I have lost
> touch, don't even notice what other people smoke.

They're a type of lozenge, similar to Fisherman's Friend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_V

They used to contain Chloroform and Ether in sufficient quantity to make
you quite floaty if you ate a whole packet. I used to eat loads of them
at school.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: group photo

<t9g11c$170r7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100536&group=sci.electronics.design#100536

From: Soph...@invalid.org (John S)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 17:57:48 -0500
 by: John S - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:57 UTC

On 6/24/2022 11:25 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:59:28 -0700, boB <boB@K7IQ.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:31:46 -0700, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8zc7g56jul39d0/NIF_Tour-Highland%20Tech%20group%20photo%20TC.jpg?raw=1
>>>
>>> We got a tour of the NIF laser. That's the target chamber behind us.
>>> On that spot, a Star Trek episode was filmed.
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Ignition_Facility
>>>
>>> After 20 years of operation, and roughly 8000 shots, they keep making
>>> progress, in the sense of learning stuff and getting increasing,
>>> over-unity energy gain.
>>>
>>> Like the plasma experiments, dynamic instability limits compression
>>> and fusion yield.
>>

>> CooL !! Great pic ! Must have been a nice tour.
>>
>> Is that you in the green shirt on the right side of center ?
>>
>> Would love to see that place some time. Good movie background too of
>> course.
>>
>> boB
>
> I'm the little guy on the left, back row.
>
> It's about the world's biggest clean room, which is great for
> allergies.

Yup. I recognized your mask right away.