If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
+- Re: OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?I Envy JTEM
`- Re: OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?

<0be2c807-3699-4022-acb6-7f223bc9f115n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10019&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10019

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 14:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 21:55 UTC

DD: take water from air => dehumidify, which is what AC does
_

https://techxplore.com/news/2021-06-harvesting-humidity-clock.html

The pilot condenser atop an ETH Zurich building. Credit: ETH Zurich / Iwan Hächler
Fresh water is scarce in many parts of the world and must be obtained at great expense. Communities near the ocean can desalinate sea water for this purpose, but doing so requires a large amount of energy. Further away from the coast, practically often the only remaining option is to condense atmospheric humidity through cooling, either through processes that similarly require high energy input or by using "passive" technologies that exploit the temperature swing between day and night. However, with current passive technologies, such as dew-collecting foils, water can be extracted only at night. This is because the sun heats the foils during the day, which makes condensation impossible.

Self-cooling and protection from radiation

Researchers at ETH Zurich have now developed a technology that, for the first time, allows them to harvest water 24 hours around the clock, with no energy input, even under the blazing sun. The new device essentially consists of a specially coated glass pane, which both reflects solar radiation and also radiates away its own heat through the atmosphere to the outer space. It thus cools itself down to as much as 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit) below the ambient temperature. On the underside of this pane, water vapor from the air condenses into water. The process is the same as can be observed on poorly insulated windows in winter.

Re: OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?

<df351934-fdc0-471f-9dee-3dcb2cf52468n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10029&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10029

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 16:12:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 23:12 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> DD: take water from air => dehumidify, which is what AC does

The simple rule is, unless you can walk into Target & buy it then it doesn't exist.

People in the 1950s were celebrating Interferon, and how it was going to cure
all of our diseases...

Still waiting.

During Bush War II there were these stories about the new perfected technology
that turns garbage, and turkey guts specifically, into high quality motor fuels.

Still waiting.

The media was never good at reporting anything "Science," and not it's just plain
obnoxiously wrong.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/654817387191861248

Re: OT: Could this work like air conditioning in hot humid area?

<1127f0cb-313b-40d6-b5ce-d8b9661dd7edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10069&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10069

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 11:29:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 18:29 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 5:55:04 PM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> DD: take water from air => dehumidify, which is what AC does
> _
>
> https://techxplore.com/news/2021-06-harvesting-humidity-clock.html
>
> The pilot condenser atop an ETH Zurich building. Credit: ETH Zurich / Iwan Hächler
> Fresh water is scarce in many parts of the world and must be obtained at great expense. Communities near the ocean can desalinate sea water for this purpose, but doing so requires a large amount of energy. Further away from the coast, practically often the only remaining option is to condense atmospheric humidity through cooling, either through processes that similarly require high energy input or by using "passive" technologies that exploit the temperature swing between day and night. However, with current passive technologies, such as dew-collecting foils, water can be extracted only at night. This is because the sun heats the foils during the day, which makes condensation impossible.
>

> Self-cooling and protection from radiation
>
> Researchers at ETH Zurich have now developed a technology that, for the first time, allows them to harvest water 24 hours around the clock, with no energy input, even under the blazing sun. The new device essentially consists of a specially coated glass pane, which both reflects solar radiation and also radiates away its own heat through the atmosphere to the outer space.. It thus cools itself down to as much as 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit) below the ambient temperature. On the underside of this pane, water vapor from the air condenses into water. The process is the same as can be observed on poorly insulated windows in winter.
---

There are two separate biseasonal spectra, hot/cold, dry/wet.
In some regions, they occur together, in others they occur opposite, still others one dominates.