<james> abuse me. I'm so lame I sent a bug report to debian-devel-changes -- Seen on #Debian

tech / sci.math / Re: My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am in tears listening to Chariots of Fire tonight, atom, God be with you Vangelis... Seems like not too long ago I nominated Vangelis for a Nobel Peace prize.

SubjectAuthor
* My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am inArchimedes Plutonium
`- Re: My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I amArchimedes Plutonium

1
My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am in tears listening to Chariots of Fire tonight, atom, God be with you Vangelis... Seems like not too long ago I nominated Vangelis for a Nobel Peace prize.

<c2eca136-e658-481a-ac05-98261fa6e3b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100537&group=sci.math#100537

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am in
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Fri, 20 May 2022 04:41 UTC

My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am in tears listening to Chariots of Fire tonight, atom, God be with you Vangelis...

Seems like not too long ago I nominated Vangelis for a Nobel Peace prize. They did it for Bob Dylan in Literature. Well, with his passing that is no longer possible.

I reckon Vangelis is the first and only composer of music adapted for Science. So many of his hits ended up as science music-- Carl Sagan's Cosmos.

I have never experienced more lovely music than Vangelis, so dense in beauty, layers and layers of beauty playing all at once. The only other music that compares is Handel's Messiah.

And with Vangelis's passing reminds me that soon I shall pass away for we were of the same generation. Vangelis died at age 79 and I am 72. Vangelis died of Covid-19.

AP

Re: My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am in tears listening to Chariots of Fire tonight, atom, God be with you Vangelis... Seems like not too long ago I nominated Vangelis for a Nobel Peace prize.

<dbe3d8ec-eb53-4dda-924d-4f584dd39542n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100753&group=sci.math#100753

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 13:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: My favorite of all musicians has died today-- Vangelis, and I am
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Sun, 22 May 2022 20:13 UTC

Do not tell me the PBS Newshour completely missed the passing of Vangelis? I searched and searched,no luck.

Perhaps this Monday PBS is going to do a entire segment on Vangelis and needed the research for a belated news coverage.

AP