<lilo> Fairlight: udp is the light margarine of tcp/ip transport protocols :) -- Seen on #Linux

tech / sci.electronics.design / Winsource Earns a D+

SubjectAuthor
* Winsource Earns a D+Ricky
+- Re: Winsource Earns a D+Jasen Betts
+- Re: Winsource Earns a D+a a
`- Re: Winsource Earns a D+Cydrome Leader

1
Winsource Earns a D+

<cadaaec7-e42e-4b1a-baf2-90a57bb4cc98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100804&group=sci.electronics.design#100804

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 17:48:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Winsource Earns a D+
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 00:48 UTC

I found a part I needed at Winsource at a better price than the $10 I'm seeing everywhere else. The order was too large to put on one credit card, so I split it into three orders on three credit cards. They didn't try to charge tax, so that was good, but for whatever reason, the one order got snagged by customs, not for a import duty, but for a handling fee, which DHL piled on and added their fee for handling the handling fee.

But Winsource never shipped the other two orders. I could see in the qty available after my order, that the parts had been deducted from inventory. When I sent emails directly or messages through their web site, I received no replies. After a few days of that, I said if they didn't ship, I would cancel the orders. They replied by canceling the orders.

WTF???!!!

Happy ending, though. I found parts at Rochester at about half the price. I assume their parts will work like TI parts. Rochester makes their own, right, second source?

So, if I get the parts from Rochester in the coming week, I will give them an A+. I'm sorry they didn't have the parts to start with.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Winsource Earns a D+

<ta0sf1$sra$2@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100814&group=sci.electronics.design#100814

From: use...@revmaps.no-ip.org (Jasen Betts)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Winsource Earns a D+
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 08:24:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jasen Betts - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 08:24 UTC

On 2022-07-05, Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found a part I needed at Winsource at a better price than the $10 I'm seeing everywhere else. The order was too large to put on one credit card, so I split it into three orders on three credit cards. They didn't try to charge tax, so that was good, but for whatever reason, the one order got snagged by customs, not for a import duty, but for a handling fee, which DHL piled on and added their fee for handling the handling fee.
>
> But Winsource never shipped the other two orders. I could see in the qty available after my order, that the parts had been deducted from inventory. When I sent emails directly or messages through their web site, I received no replies. After a few days of that, I said if they didn't ship, I would cancel the orders. They replied by canceling the orders.
>
> WTF???!!!
>
> Happy ending, though. I found parts at Rochester at about half the price. I assume their parts will work like TI parts. Rochester makes their own, right, second source?
>
> So, if I get the parts from Rochester in the coming week, I will give them an A+. I'm sorry they didn't have the parts to start with.

Rochester started out reselling obsolete stock from other
manufacturers, that basically maks them scaplers.
I think they now also run some second-hand fabs.

--
Jasen.

Re: Winsource Earns a D+

<e9410e2c-d1e6-450a-b4fa-62cbafa271c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100817&group=sci.electronics.design#100817

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 03:51:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 10:51 UTC

On Tuesday, 5 July 2022 at 02:48:38 UTC+2, Ricky wrote:
> I found a part I needed at Winsource at a better price than the $10 I'm seeing everywhere else. The order was too large to put on one credit card, so I split it into three orders on three credit cards. They didn't try to charge tax, so that was good, but for whatever reason, the one order got snagged by customs, not for a import duty, but for a handling fee, which DHL piled on and added their fee for handling the handling fee.
>
> But Winsource never shipped the other two orders. I could see in the qty available after my order, that the parts had been deducted from inventory. When I sent emails directly or messages through their web site, I received no replies. After a few days of that, I said if they didn't ship, I would cancel the orders. They replied by canceling the orders.
>
> WTF???!!!
>
> Happy ending, though. I found parts at Rochester at about half the price. I assume their parts will work like TI parts. Rochester makes their own, right, second source?
>
> So, if I get the parts from Rochester in the coming week, I will give them an A+. I'm sorry they didn't have the parts to start with.
>
> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
marketing spam never worked fine on usenet, since targeting few guys only

Re: Winsource Earns a D+

<ta37b9$iem$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100893&group=sci.electronics.design#100893

From: prese...@MUNGEpanix.com (Cydrome Leader)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 05:42:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cydrome Leader - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 05:42 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found a part I needed at Winsource at a better price than the $10 I'm seeing everywhere else. The order was too large to put on one credit card, so I split it into three orders on three credit cards. They didn't try to charge tax, so that was good, but for whatever reason, the one order got snagged by customs, not for a import duty, but for a handling fee, which DHL piled on and added their fee for handling the handling fee.
>
> But Winsource never shipped the other two orders. I could see in the qty available after my order, that the parts had been deducted from inventory. When I sent emails directly or messages through their web site, I received no replies. After a few days of that, I said if they didn't ship, I would cancel the orders. They replied by canceling the orders.
>
> WTF???!!!
>
> Happy ending, though. I found parts at Rochester at about half the
> price. I assume their parts will work like TI parts. Rochester makes
> their own, right, second source?

probably just leftovers from TI. Chip makers sell them the leftover junk
that's not sliced up and packaged.

> So, if I get the parts from Rochester in the coming week, I will give
> them an A+. I'm sorry they didn't have the parts to start with.

Even the english is fake on win-sores. Not sure what you really expected
to happen.