From: char...@xxx.net (Charlie+)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Subject: Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 07:46:45 +0100
 by: Charlie+ - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 06:46 UTC

Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
Anyone repaired one of these? No help on YouTube.
Motor runs. Print head works but no feed of the tape so just prints in
one place!
Must be a clutch somewhere but looks difficult to dismantle and get at
anything because the LED display panel is not a removable ribbon
connector - its one of those cheap stuck on wide multi ribbons that are
one time only..
Anyone taken one to bits and knows how the drive train goes?
TIA

Re: Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)

<MPG.3fa3f287c379edb59896ce@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10172&group=sci.electronics.repair#10172

From: usenet20...@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE (Rayner Lucas)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Subject: Re: Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 04:51:11 +0100
 by: Rayner Lucas - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 03:51 UTC

In article <6hdhjil79uu7r2c4utupqj3842jrq0tsf6@4ax.com>, charlie@xxx.net
says...

> Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
> Anyone repaired one of these? No help on YouTube.
> Motor runs. Print head works but no feed of the tape so just prints in
> one place!
> Must be a clutch somewhere but looks difficult to dismantle and get at
> anything because the LED display panel is not a removable ribbon
> connector - its one of those cheap stuck on wide multi ribbons that are
> one time only..
> Anyone taken one to bits and knows how the drive train goes?
> TIA

I've got a working one here, although I can't say I've tried to
disassemble the tape mechanism.

It seems like there are three things that need to happen for the tape to
feed properly: first, the print head needs to hold the tape against the
print roller (the print head retracts when the cassette door is open,
you can see it move into place as you close the door). Second, the print
roller needs to turn. Third, there's a black plastic shaft that engages
with a supply roller inside the tape cassette, and this should also
turn.

If you hold the rear door half-closed while pressing the "Print" button,
it should be possible to see which of these things aren't happening.
It'll run with no tape cassette installed, which may make it easier to
see which parts aren't moving.

Regards,
Rayner

Re: Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)

<oh3kjilvp6mgqibv8hf8v821leu2f98igh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10173&group=sci.electronics.repair#10173

From: char...@xxx.net (Charlie+)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 08:03:35 +0100
 by: Charlie+ - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:03 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 04:51:11 +0100, Rayner Lucas
<usenet202101@magic-cookie.co.ukNOSPAMPLEASE> wrote as underneath :

>In article <6hdhjil79uu7r2c4utupqj3842jrq0tsf6@4ax.com>, charlie@xxx.net
>says...
>>
>> Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
>> Anyone repaired one of these? No help on YouTube.
>> Motor runs. Print head works but no feed of the tape so just prints in
>> one place!
>> Must be a clutch somewhere but looks difficult to dismantle and get at
>> anything because the LED display panel is not a removable ribbon
>> connector - its one of those cheap stuck on wide multi ribbons that are
>> one time only..
>> Anyone taken one to bits and knows how the drive train goes?
>> TIA
>
>I've got a working one here, although I can't say I've tried to
>disassemble the tape mechanism.
>
>It seems like there are three things that need to happen for the tape to
>feed properly: first, the print head needs to hold the tape against the
>print roller (the print head retracts when the cassette door is open,
>you can see it move into place as you close the door). Second, the print
>roller needs to turn. Third, there's a black plastic shaft that engages
>with a supply roller inside the tape cassette, and this should also
>turn.
>
>If you hold the rear door half-closed while pressing the "Print" button,
>it should be possible to see which of these things aren't happening.
>It'll run with no tape cassette installed, which may make it easier to
>see which parts aren't moving.
>
>Regards,
>Rayner

Thanks for your reply, I'll try with the door open a bit and see what
happens! From what I see inside the printer I have a feeling these units
are not meant to be repaired - go or throw :(
Thanks.. C+

Re: Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)

<f80e352c-4756-455b-9c9e-29fbc5ba7005n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10174&group=sci.electronics.repair#10174

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:37:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: timothy4...@gmail.com (Tim R)
 by: Tim R - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 21:37 UTC

On Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 11:51:18 PM UTC-4, Rayner Lucas wrote:
> In article <6hdhjil79uu7r2c4u...@4ax.com>, cha...@xxx.net
> says...
> >
> > Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
> > Anyone repaired one of these? No help on YouTube.
> > Motor runs. Print head works but no feed of the tape so just prints in
> > one place!
> > Must be a clutch somewhere but looks difficult to dismantle and get at
> > anything because the LED display panel is not a removable ribbon
> > connector - its one of those cheap stuck on wide multi ribbons that are
> > one time only..
> > Anyone taken one to bits and knows how the drive train goes?
> > TIA
>
> I've got a working one here, although I can't say I've tried to
> disassemble the tape mechanism.
>
> It seems like there are three things that need to happen for the tape to
> feed properly: first, the print head needs to hold the tape against the
> print roller (the print head retracts when the cassette door is open,
> you can see it move into place as you close the door). Second, the print
> roller needs to turn. Third, there's a black plastic shaft that engages
> with a supply roller inside the tape cassette, and this should also
> turn.
>
> If you hold the rear door half-closed while pressing the "Print" button,
> it should be possible to see which of these things aren't happening.
> It'll run with no tape cassette installed, which may make it easier to
> see which parts aren't moving.
>
> Regards,
> Rayner

I have a Dymo 109 (I think, kinda stylized font) and a Dymo D1. I've seen this exact thing happen, and in every case it has been the tape not starting correctly through the little loop, idler, whatever you call it. Or a faulty tape of course.

Re: Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)

<qjmmjihb4l19o6svq2565kpipsokmc56lk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10175&group=sci.electronics.repair#10175

From: char...@xxx.net (Charlie+)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 07:39:08 +0100
 by: Charlie+ - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 06:39 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 14:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Tim R
<timothy42bach@gmail.com> wrote as underneath :

>On Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 11:51:18?PM UTC-4, Rayner Lucas wrote:
>> In article <6hdhjil79uu7r2c4u...@4ax.com>, cha...@xxx.net
>> says...
>> >
>> > Dymo Label Manager 150 (Electronic Label Maker)
>> > Anyone repaired one of these? No help on YouTube.
>> > Motor runs. Print head works but no feed of the tape so just prints in
>> > one place!
>> > Must be a clutch somewhere but looks difficult to dismantle and get at
>> > anything because the LED display panel is not a removable ribbon
>> > connector - its one of those cheap stuck on wide multi ribbons that are
>> > one time only..
>> > Anyone taken one to bits and knows how the drive train goes?
>> > TIA
>>
>> I've got a working one here, although I can't say I've tried to
>> disassemble the tape mechanism.
>>
>> It seems like there are three things that need to happen for the tape to
>> feed properly: first, the print head needs to hold the tape against the
>> print roller (the print head retracts when the cassette door is open,
>> you can see it move into place as you close the door). Second, the print
>> roller needs to turn. Third, there's a black plastic shaft that engages
>> with a supply roller inside the tape cassette, and this should also
>> turn.
>>
>> If you hold the rear door half-closed while pressing the "Print" button,
>> it should be possible to see which of these things aren't happening.
>> It'll run with no tape cassette installed, which may make it easier to
>> see which parts aren't moving.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rayner
>
>I have a Dymo 109 (I think, kinda stylized font) and a Dymo D1. I've seen this exact thing happen, and in every case it has been the tape not starting correctly through the little loop, idler, whatever you call it. Or a faulty tape of course.

!Thanks - I wish it were so simple..
C+