To communicate is the beginning of understanding. -- AT&T

tech / sci.electronics.design / cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

SubjectAuthor
* cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbonFred Bloggs
+- Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbona a
`* Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emJohn Larkin
 +* Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbona a
 |`- Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbona a
 +- Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbona a
 `* Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbonFred Bloggs
  `* Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emjlarkin
   +- Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emwhit3rd
   `* Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbona a
    `* Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbonwhit3rd

1
cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<5733f077-0b7e-4425-96cd-a99f3ccb7063n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101914&group=sci.electronics.design#101914

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 15:22 UTC

This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.

"Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."

https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<3b43719b-7a71-4bb0-82ed-c9c5c6dd6c57n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101923&group=sci.electronics.design#101923

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 09:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 16:37 UTC

On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 17:22:28 UTC+2, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.
>
> "Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."
>
> https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming
fake

-We all love Carbon, we all love CO2

-CO2 is welcome
-CO2 is Plant Food
-Plants are Animal Food
-Animals are Human Food

-More CO2 more Human Food
-to end the world hunger

https://sci.electronics.design.narkive.com/eMVDUFoy/we-all-love-carbon-we-all-love-co2

Water (H2O) in the gaseous state is the only greenhouse gas due to its high heat of phase shift fluid - gas
==
We need condensation nuclei to turn microdroplets of water vapor into raindrops

So we need dust from industrial chimneys to make it rain
--

I joined project by US EPA 40 years ago to study emissions from industrial chimneys,
by reading data from monitoring stations and studying the wind rose to draw pollution charts and maps.

We were highly successful to eliminate 10,000 industrial chimneys in Europe
to make "Air Clean"

---
The most abundant greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere, listed in decreasing order of average global mole fraction, are:[14][15]

Water vapor (H
2O)
Carbon dioxide (CO
2)
Methane (CH
4)
Nitrous oxide (N
2O)
Ozone (O
3)
Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs and HCFCs)
Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)
Perfluorocarbons (CF
4, C
2F
6, etc.), SF
6, and NF
3

Role of water vapor
Increasing water vapor in the stratosphere at Boulder, Colorado

Water vapor accounts for the largest percentage of the greenhouse effect, between 36% and 66% for clear sky conditions and between 66% and 85% when including clouds.[21] Water vapor concentrations fluctuate regionally, but human activity does not directly affect water vapor concentrations except at local scales, such as near irrigated fields. Indirectly, human activity that increases global temperatures will increase water vapor concentrations, a process known as water vapor feedback.[22] The atmospheric concentration of vapor is highly variable and depends largely on temperature, from less than 0.01% in extremely cold regions up to 3% by mass in saturated air at about 32 °C.[23] (See Relative humidity#Other important facts.)

The average residence time of a water molecule in the atmosphere is only about nine days, compared to years or centuries for other greenhouse gases such as CH
4 and CO2.[24] Water vapor responds to and amplifies effects of the other greenhouse gases. The Clausius–Clapeyron relation establishes that more water vapor will be present per unit volume at elevated temperatures. This and other basic principles indicate that warming associated with increased concentrations of the other greenhouse gases also will increase the concentration of water vapor (assuming that the relative humidity remains approximately constant; modeling and observational studies find that this is indeed so). Because water vapor is a greenhouse gas, this results in further warming and so is a "positive feedback" that amplifies the original warming.. Eventually other earth processes[which?] offset these positive feedbacks, stabilizing the global temperature at a new equilibrium and preventing the loss of Earth's water through a Venus-like runaway greenhouse effect.[22]
Contribution of clouds to Earth's greenhouse effect

The major non-gas contributor to Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on greenhouse gas radiative properties. Clouds are water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.[25][21]

--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<h7ejdhpikadhmt8itu4irpjivvimde4in8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101946&group=sci.electronics.design#101946

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:42:02 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:42 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.
>
>"Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."
>
>https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming

Of course, China and India and Africa are simultaneously ramping up
both polluting and making gobs of CO2. Australia sells them the coal.

As Germany ramps up their coal power plants, maybe they should remove
the stack scrubbers.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<11ad3f2f-68ba-49d8-bd3d-ec0549ba1eb5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101948&group=sci.electronics.design#101948

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:32 UTC

On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 22:42:19 UTC+2, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.
> >
> >"Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."
> >
> >https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming
> Of course, China and India and Africa are simultaneously ramping up
> both polluting and making gobs of CO2. Australia sells them the coal.
>
> As Germany ramps up their coal power plants, maybe they should remove
> the stack scrubbers.
@JanCermak is completely wrong

KIT-IPF-The IPF - Team
https://www.ipf.kit.edu/english/staff_cermak_jan.php

Prof. Dr. Jan Cermak. Professor; room: 20.40-024, 435-107 20.40, 435; ... Since 9/2016: Professor of Geophysical Remote Sensing at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) 10/2011-8/2016: Professor of Climatology at Ruhr-Universität Bochum; 7 - 9/2012: Visiting scientist, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Boulder, CO, USA ...

KIT-IPF-Das IPF - Team
Mehr Informationen auf der englisch-sprachigen Seite.. KIT – Die Forschungsuniversität in de…

Jan CERMAK | Professor | PhD | Karlsruhe Institute of …
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan-Cermak-2

Jan Cermak Karlsruhe Institute of Technology | KIT · Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research PhD Connect with experts in your field Join ResearchGate to contact this researcher and connect...

since
===Water vapor accounts for the largest percentage of the greenhouse effect, between 36% and 66% for clear sky conditions and between 66% and 85% when including clouds.[21]

and if we add water fluid > water vapor phase shift heat consuming infrared solar energy,
so

Water (H2O) as fluid + Water (H2O) as vapor + Water (H2O) as ice , account for 99.99% of the greenhouse effect
==The major non-gas contributor to Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on greenhouse gas radiative properties. Clouds are water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.[25][21]

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<3a54545e-0544-4564-a7ac-ffb1095bdd43n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101950&group=sci.electronics.design#101950

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:49 UTC

On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 22:42:19 UTC+2, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.
> >
> >"Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."
> >
> >https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming
> Of course, China and India and Africa are simultaneously ramping up
> both polluting and making gobs of CO2. Australia sells them the coal.
>
> As Germany ramps up their coal power plants, maybe they should remove
> the stack scrubbers.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan-Cermak-2

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<c4720f72-9c8c-48b1-9dff-1e442312cd60n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101951&group=sci.electronics.design#101951

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:50:19 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:50 UTC

On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 23:32:46 UTC+2, a a wrote:
> [...]
>
> Water (H2O) as fluid + Water (H2O) as vapor + Water (H2O) as ice , account for 99.99% of the greenhouse effect
> ===========================================================================================
>
> ==> The major non-gas contributor to Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on greenhouse gas radiative properties. Clouds are water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.[25][21]

-----The major non-gas contributor to Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on greenhouse gas radiative properties. Clouds are water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.[25][21]

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<acd50ad8-1237-4059-b154-f7338f96ebe1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101984&group=sci.electronics.design#101984

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 18:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 01:52 UTC

On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 4:42:19 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.
> >
> >"Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."
> >
> >https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming
> Of course, China and India and Africa are simultaneously ramping up
> both polluting and making gobs of CO2. Australia sells them the coal.
>
> As Germany ramps up their coal power plants, maybe they should remove
> the stack scrubbers.

They're going to do this once the political instability hits;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_geoengineering

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<4f5kdhllkiiiso0ushrpp2ghva0fp2fg5h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101994&group=sci.electronics.design#101994

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:15:44 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:15 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 18:52:54 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 4:42:19 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 08:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >This has been made quite clear for the past 20 years, spawned by the work of an Israeli scientist looking at 50 year records of agricultural pan evaporation data. German climate researchers are finally using real satellite data and putting some solid numbers to it.
>> >
>> >"Whatever the exact contribution, it is sure to grow as air quality continues to improve around the world. The answer isn’t to keep polluting, says Jan Cermak, a remote-sensing scientist at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. “Air pollution kills people. We need clean air. There is no question about that.” Instead, efforts to reduce greenhouse gases need to be redoubled, he says."
>> >
>> >https://www.science.org/content/article/paradox-cleaner-air-now-adding-global-warming
>> Of course, China and India and Africa are simultaneously ramping up
>> both polluting and making gobs of CO2. Australia sells them the coal.
>>
>> As Germany ramps up their coal power plants, maybe they should remove
>> the stack scrubbers.
>
>They're going to do this once the political instability hits;
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_geoengineering

Just paint all the airport runways white and move the sensors farther
from the planes and the record temps will go away. Most of the records
are at airports.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<fe6fc699-a6d2-4636-a0de-76ce712a9986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101995&group=sci.electronics.design#101995

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feed1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.18.MISMATCH!border-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!border-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:56 UTC

On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 8:15:55 PM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> Just paint all the airport runways white and move the sensors farther
> from the planes and the record temps will go away. Most of the records
> are at airports.

The sensed temperatures accurately record climate changes that affect crops and forests.
It certainly isn't an artifact of runway proximity.

White paint isn't a fix.

Yeah, mainly 'the records' reported in news accounts are from well-understood weather
monitoring available to the public, often sited at airports. A neighbor posts his weather station
results, too (but I'm guessing the local newspaper doesn't consult that record).

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<686a6e86-0d96-49fd-a342-ebf449dcdbe4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102020&group=sci.electronics.design#102020

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:19:03 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 12:19 UTC

On Friday, 22 July 2022 at 05:15:55 UTC+2, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 18:52:54 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 4:42:19 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:

> >> Of course, China and India and Africa are simultaneously ramping up
> >> both polluting and making gobs of CO2. Australia sells them the coal.
> >>
> >> As Germany ramps up their coal power plants, maybe they should remove
> >> the stack scrubbers.
> >
> >They're going to do this once the political instability hits;
> >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_geoengineering
> Just paint all the airport runways white and move the sensors farther
> from the planes and the record temps will go away. Most of the records
> are at airports.
exactly what California did, painting roofs white

Albedo effect matters

----

Measure of the reflectivity of a surface
Albedo is a measure of the reflectivity of a surface. The albedo effect when applied to the Earth is a measure of how much of the Sun's energy is reflected back into space. Overall, the Earth's albedo has a cooling effect. (The term ‘albedo’ is derived from the Latin for ‘whiteness’).
The albedo effect and global warming
skepticalscience.com/earth-albedo-effect.htm
skepticalscience.com/earth-albedo-effect.htm

What is the albedo effect on land?
The albedo effect on land. Albedo is an expression of the ability of surfaces to reflect sunlight (heat from the sun). Light-coloured surfaces return a large part of the sunrays back to the atmosphere (high albedo). Dark surfaces absorb the rays from the sun (low albedo).

Albedo effect – Norsk Polarinstitutt
www.npolar.no/en/fact/albedo/
:What is the albedo effect on land?
What is the albedo of a dark object in space?
Albedo Effect Astronomers define the reflectivity of an object in space using a term called albedo. This is the amount of electromagnetic radiation that reflects away, compared to the amount that gets absorbed. A perfectly reflective surface would get an albedo score of 1, while a completely dark object would have an albedo of 0.

Albedo Effect - Universe Today
www.universetoday.com/39937/albedo-effect/
:What is the albedo of a dark object in space?
What is an albedo score?
This is the amount of electromagnetic radiation that reflects away, compared to the amount that gets absorbed. A perfectly reflective surface would get an albedo score of 1, while a completely dark object would have an albedo of 0.

Albedo Effect - Universe Today
www.universetoday.com/39937/albedo-effect/
:What is an albedo score?
What is the relationship between illumination and albedo?
Albedo is not directly dependent on illumination because changing the amount of incoming light proportionally changes the amount of reflected light, except in circumstances where a change in illumination induces a change in the Earth's surface at that location (e. g. through melting of reflective ice).

Albedo - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albedo

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<c3ac0dcc-bceb-4521-950c-e2f71b82b21dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102137&group=sci.electronics.design#102137

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:08:38 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:08 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 5:19:07 AM UTC-7, a a wrote:

[about climate change]
> exactly what California did, painting roofs white
>
> Albedo effect matters

> Measure of the reflectivity of a surface
> Albedo is a measure of the reflectivity of a surface. The albedo effect when applied to the Earth is a measure of how much of the Sun's energy is reflected back into space. Overall, the Earth's albedo has a cooling effect. (The term ‘albedo’ is derived from the Latin for ‘whiteness’).

False assumption here is that the 'cooling effect' (really reduction of heating) during daytime is the whole story.
During nighttime, albedo inhibits the shedding of heat by radiation into the black night sky,
which makes a net effect of... zero, until you do a LOT more analysis and have some
special paint that does anti-greenhouse things.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<9db668ce-6293-499f-b4a0-21524b15bafbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102142&group=sci.electronics.design#102142

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:42 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 10:08:41 PM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 5:19:07 AM UTC-7, a a wrote:
>
> [about climate change]
> > exactly what California did, painting roofs white
> >
> > Albedo effect matters
> > Measure of the reflectivity of a surface
> > Albedo is a measure of the reflectivity of a surface. The albedo effect when applied to the Earth is a measure of how much of the Sun's energy is reflected back into space. Overall, the Earth's albedo has a cooling effect.. (The term ‘albedo’ is derived from the Latin for ‘whiteness’).
> False assumption here is that the 'cooling effect' (really reduction of heating) during daytime is the whole story.
> During nighttime, albedo inhibits the shedding of heat by radiation into the black night sky,
> which makes a net effect of... zero, until you do a LOT more analysis and have some
> special paint that does anti-greenhouse things.

White surfaces don't get that hot that they need to shed any heat at night....white surfaces work. You don't think so? Paint your vinyl siding black and see how long it lasts.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<c685bac9-e0fa-4356-8471-5648a54cab0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102150&group=sci.electronics.design#102150

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 23:25:14 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 06:25 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 7:42:30 PM UTC-7, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 10:08:41 PM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
> > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 5:19:07 AM UTC-7, a a wrote:
> >
> > [about climate change]
> > > exactly what California did, painting roofs white
> > >
> > > Albedo effect matters
> > > Measure of the reflectivity of a surface
> > > Albedo is a measure of the reflectivity of a surface. The albedo effect when applied to the Earth is a measure of how much of the Sun's energy is reflected back into space. Overall, the Earth's albedo has a cooling effect. (The term ‘albedo’ is derived from the Latin for ‘whiteness’).
> > False assumption here is that the 'cooling effect' (really reduction of heating) during daytime is the whole story.
> > During nighttime, albedo inhibits the shedding of heat by radiation into the black night sky,
> > which makes a net effect of... zero, until you do a LOT more analysis and have some
> > special paint that does anti-greenhouse things.

> White surfaces don't get that hot that they need to shed any heat at night...white surfaces work. You don't think so? Paint your vinyl siding black and see how long it lasts.

The error here, is you assume it was heat stored in the object, not in the ambient air bathing all
the objects in the vicinity, that was to be 'shed' at night. The effect of an albedo
enhancement is to reduce BOTH the emission and absorption of heat by radiation; that's why
thermos flasks are silvered.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<bda3048e-0f76-4284-bf7f-c0c50ff592bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102167&group=sci.electronics.design#102167

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 03:03:19 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 10:03 UTC

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 2:25:17 AM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 7:42:30 PM UTC-7, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 10:08:41 PM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
> > > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 5:19:07 AM UTC-7, a a wrote:
> > >
> > > [about climate change]

> > > False assumption here is that the 'cooling effect' (really reduction of heating) during daytime is the whole story.
> > > During nighttime, albedo inhibits the shedding of heat by radiation into the black night sky,
> > > which makes a net effect of... zero, until you do a LOT more analysis and have some
> > > special paint that does anti-greenhouse things.
>
> > White surfaces don't get that hot that they need to shed any heat at night...white surfaces work. You don't think so? Paint your vinyl siding black and see how long it lasts.
> The error here, is you assume it was heat stored in the object, not in the ambient air bathing all
> the objects in the vicinity, that was to be 'shed' at night. The effect of an albedo
> enhancement is to reduce BOTH the emission and absorption of heat by radiation; that's why
> thermos flasks are silvered.

Air doesn't have much thermal capacity and doesn't have much heat to exchange with much more thermally massive materials like water and masonry.
https://www.e-education.psu.edu/earth103/node/1005#:~:text=Air%20has%20a%20heat%20capacity,energy%20stored%20in%20the%20water.

Urban Heat: Can White Roofs Help Cool World’s Warming Cities?
https://e360.yale.edu/features/urban-heat-can-white-roofs-help-cool-the-worlds-warming-cities

You are right about radiation, air isn't a very good conductor either, especially when it's not moving.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<48acbfcd-a64c-46bd-a855-ece36d6805c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102214&group=sci.electronics.design#102214

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 11:37:20 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:37 UTC

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 3:03:22 AM UTC-7, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 2:25:17 AM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:
> > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 7:42:30 PM UTC-7, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > White surfaces don't get that hot that they need to shed any heat at night...white surfaces work. You don't think so? Paint your vinyl siding black and see how long it lasts.

> > The error here, is you assume it was heat stored in the object, not in the ambient air bathing all
> > the objects in the vicinity, that was to be 'shed' at night. The effect of an albedo
> > enhancement is to reduce BOTH the emission and absorption of heat by radiation; that's why
> > thermos flasks are silvered.

> Air doesn't have much thermal capacity and doesn't have much heat to exchange with much more thermally massive materials like water and masonry.
> https://www.e-education.psu.edu/earth103/node/1005#:~:text=Air%20has%20a%20heat%20capacity,energy%20stored%20in%20the%20water.
>
> Urban Heat: Can White Roofs Help Cool World’s Warming Cities?
> https://e360.yale.edu/features/urban-heat-can-white-roofs-help-cool-the-worlds-warming-cities
>
> You are right about radiation, air isn't a very good conductor either, especially when it's not moving.

But a whole diurnal cycle (day) without breeze isn't normal. Air, 15 lbs per square inch, and soil, and other objects,
have significant heat capacity, and readily exchange heat; it isn't surface wind that radiates to
the sky, but objects. The breeze in my window does get cooler at night; there's plenty of movement of
heat (by convection) and fresh bits of air adjacent to objects do pick up heat, by conduction, over
very small distances (conductivity of air-to-air doesn't dominate the effect).

Radiation of heat into the sky is exactly equal to insolation heat inflow, at the steady-state temperature
we deem 'temperate'. One cannot ignore either of the two equal effects. The 'albedo-works' argument
has that flaw.

Re: cleaner air has effectively boosted the total warming from carbon dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%

<e86433b7-7e72-4b29-bcdc-77999b57b163n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102219&group=sci.electronics.design#102219

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
dioxide emitted over the same time by anywhere from 15% to 50%
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:00 UTC

On Saturday, 23 July 2022 at 20:37:23 UTC+2, whit3rd wrote:
> On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 3:03:22 AM UTC-7, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > The error here, is you assume it was heat stored in the object, not in the ambient air bathing all
> > > the objects in the vicinity, that was to be 'shed' at night. The effect of an albedo
> > > enhancement is to reduce BOTH the emission and absorption of heat by radiation; that's why
> > > thermos flasks are silvered.
>
> > Air doesn't have much thermal capacity and doesn't have much heat to exchange with much more thermally massive materials like water and masonry.
> > https://www.e-education.psu.edu/earth103/node/1005#:~:text=Air%20has%20a%20heat%20capacity,energy%20stored%20in%20the%20water.
> >
> > Urban Heat: Can White Roofs Help Cool World’s Warming Cities?
> > https://e360.yale.edu/features/urban-heat-can-white-roofs-help-cool-the-worlds-warming-cities
> >
> > You are right about radiation, air isn't a very good conductor either, especially when it's not moving.
> But a whole diurnal cycle (day) without breeze isn't normal. Air, 15 lbs per square inch, and soil, and other objects,
> have significant heat capacity, and readily exchange heat; it isn't surface wind that radiates to
> the sky, but objects. The breeze in my window does get cooler at night; there's plenty of movement of
> heat (by convection) and fresh bits of air adjacent to objects do pick up heat, by conduction, over
> very small distances (conductivity of air-to-air doesn't dominate the effect).
>
> Radiation of heat into the sky is exactly equal to insolation heat inflow, at the steady-state temperature
> we deem 'temperate'. One cannot ignore either of the two equal effects. The 'albedo-works' argument
> has that flaw.
no chance to win Nobel Prize in Short-Term Climate Changes since traders in Carbon emissions control the world