"Once they go up, who cares where they come down? That's not my department." -- Werner von Braun

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / RE: Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

SubjectAuthor
* Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsCatrike Ryder
+- Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsTom Kunich
+* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsRoger Merriman
|+* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsCatrike Ryder
||`* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsRoger Merriman
|| `* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsCatrike Ryder
||  `* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsRoger Merriman
||   `- Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsCatrike Ryder
|`* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobssms
| `- Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobssms
`* Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsAndre Jute
 `- RE: Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobsTom Kunich

1
Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<g9jnpidate7nd0hd7jvbj8qqg5atn8e9ks@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98600&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98600

From: Solo...@old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 05:23:48 -0500
 by: Catrike Ryder - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 10:23 UTC

CaliExpress by Flippy™ is the world’s first fully autonomous
restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.

Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
make easy and fast payments.

https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/

World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
Southern California

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<6a04c8eb-8628-4385-bc6c-c7c79a3b00d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98609&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98609

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 07:50:44 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 15:50 UTC

On Monday, January 8, 2024 at 2:24:02 AM UTC-8, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> CaliExpress by Flippy™ is the world’s first fully autonomous
> restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
> both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
> leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
>
> Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
> self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
> make easy and fast payments.
>
> https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
>
> World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
> Southern California
>
> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html

Scharf eats up the false claims that Biden brought abought 19 million jobs so far. And the first thing that Biden did when he entered office was to cancel Trump0's Presidential order to lower taxes on job creators. That should have been a tax law but Trump was fighting a Democrat majority and couldn't get it even on the floor.

You can't even believe the layoffs on Facebook and Google and Amazon - the three largest employers left in northern California, and Scharf denies it. Do you suppose that he is running for office and thinks that if he pleases the power structure that they will let him in?

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<rNbnN.1511318$xECb.593964@fx02.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98660&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98660

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:23:35 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 13:23 UTC

Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

> CaliExpress by Flippy™ is the world’s first fully autonomous
> restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
> both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
> leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
>
> Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
> self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
> make easy and fast payments.
>
> https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
>
> World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
> Southern California
>
> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html

Maybe for McDonald’s and the like? But if I want a nice meal I think not!

Don’t get me wrong AI and computers in general will automate more things
but is a lot of hype at moment ie bullshit!

Seeing how poorly it manages to do images and text! Mind I’m always
surprised how unthinking folks are.

saw a clearly generated image of alexandria ocasio-cortez in a low cut
dress and so on, on socials year or so back, even if you don’t have the
IT/photography background like myself to spot it, as a general rule if
something is out of place or out of character and female politicians don’t
generally show flesh should make one think is this real?

Roger Merriman

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<3liqpiljqfibkpsm9ut4v6ndmpdp5j1s3j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98662&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98662

From: Solo...@old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 08:45:43 -0500
 by: Catrike Ryder - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 13:45 UTC

On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:23:35 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>>
>> CaliExpress by Flippy? is the world?s first fully autonomous
>> restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
>> both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
>> leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
>>
>> Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
>> self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
>> make easy and fast payments.
>>
>> https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
>>
>> World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
>> Southern California
>>
>> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html
>>
>Maybe for McDonald’s and the like? But if I want a nice meal I think not!
>
>Don’t get me wrong AI and computers in general will automate more things
>but is a lot of hype at moment ie bullshit!
>
>Seeing how poorly it manages to do images and text! Mind I’m always
>surprised how unthinking folks are.
>
>saw a clearly generated image of alexandria ocasio-cortez in a low cut
>dress and so on, on socials year or so back, even if you don’t have the
>IT/photography background like myself to spot it, as a general rule if
>something is out of place or out of character and female politicians don’t
>generally show flesh should make one think is this real?
>
>Roger Merriman

You're never going to get a decent meal at McDonald's, or any of the
other fast food joints, anyway, with or without AI. I don't know if AI
coud make them any worse.

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<unjkhe$21h0s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98672&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98672

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 06:17:18 -0800
 by: sms - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 14:17 UTC

On 1/9/2024 5:23 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>>
>> CaliExpress by Flippy™ is the world’s first fully autonomous
>> restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
>> both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
>> leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
>>
>> Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
>> self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
>> make easy and fast payments.
>>
>> https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
>>
>> World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
>> Southern California
>>
>> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html
>>
> Maybe for McDonald’s and the like? But if I want a nice meal I think not!

McDonald's has tried automating food preparation multiple times and it
has never been successful. When I was 16 I worked at McDonald's. There
is a lot more going on in a restaurant than food preparation. We had
11-15 employees working there at any one time. Only 5-6 were doing the
actual food preparation. When the manager discovered that I knew how to
make change and figure out sales tax (back then the registers didn't do
that for you) I was put at the front taking orders.

Where some fast-food (and non-fast food) restaurants are reducing
expenses is in the ordering and payment process. Some are no longer
accepting cash which is a significant savings, and they have ordering
kiosks in the restaurant as well as online ordering.

In my area, the fast food restaurants (and non-fast food restaurants)
all pay higher than minimum wage. With such low unemployment (thanks
Biden) these businesses can't be in a race to the bottom in terms of
wages (thanks Biden).

Minimum Wages
--------------
Federal: $7.25

Texas: $7.25
Florida: $12.00
California: $16.00

Austin: $15.00
Sunnyvale: $18.55
Cupertino: $17.75

In 'N Out in Sunnyvale starts at $21 per hour. They have had no problem
with raising prices to make those wages possible.

One business complained to me, when I was on the City Council, that he
could not hire enough workers because his franchise agreement prohibited
him from paying greater than minimum wage, and he was losing employees
to Sunnyvale which had a higher minimum wage. He eventually closed his
restaurant due to a worker shortage.

It is true that higher wages have made it impossible for some
restaurants to continue in business, but it's not because of minimum
wage, it's because of a shortage of workers. In Silicon Valley it's been
especially bad because so many large companies have their own large food
service operations and offer better wages and benefits, and require a
lot less night and weekend shifts. It requires a subscription, but the
New York Times had an article "How Tech Companies Disrupted Silicon
Valley’s Restaurant Scene."
<https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/technology/how-tech-companies-disrupted-silicon-valleys-restaurant-scene.html>.
--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<CBfnN.415245$RV59.16971@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98687&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98687

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 17:44:02 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 17:44 UTC

Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:23:35 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> CaliExpress by Flippy? is the world?s first fully autonomous
>>> restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
>>> both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
>>> leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
>>>
>>> Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
>>> self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
>>> make easy and fast payments.
>>>
>>> https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
>>>
>>> World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
>>> Southern California
>>>
>>> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html
>>>
>> Maybe for McDonald’s and the like? But if I want a nice meal I think not!
>>
>> Don’t get me wrong AI and computers in general will automate more things
>> but is a lot of hype at moment ie bullshit!
>>
>> Seeing how poorly it manages to do images and text! Mind I’m always
>> surprised how unthinking folks are.
>>
>> saw a clearly generated image of alexandria ocasio-cortez in a low cut
>> dress and so on, on socials year or so back, even if you don’t have the
>> IT/photography background like myself to spot it, as a general rule if
>> something is out of place or out of character and female politicians don’t
>> generally show flesh should make one think is this real?
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>

> You're never going to get a decent meal at McDonald's, or any of the
> other fast food joints, anyway, with or without AI. I don't know if AI
> coud make them any worse.

I do like the coffee chains still not high end but good enough, McDonald’s
coffee is frankly not worth the money! I occasionally need to go with folks
at work it’s fairly dire food!

Roger Merriman

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<h23rpi1461h9ee64gdnda3sr3dr79236u3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98691&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98691

From: Solo...@old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:13:50 -0500
 by: Catrike Ryder - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 18:13 UTC

On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 17:44:02 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:23:35 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Maybe for McDonald?s and the like? But if I want a nice meal I think not!
>>>
>>> Don?t get me wrong AI and computers in general will automate more things
>>> but is a lot of hype at moment ie bullshit!
>>>
>>> Seeing how poorly it manages to do images and text! Mind I?m always
>>> surprised how unthinking folks are.
>>>
>>> saw a clearly generated image of alexandria ocasio-cortez in a low cut
>>> dress and so on, on socials year or so back, even if you don?t have the
>>> IT/photography background like myself to spot it, as a general rule if
>>> something is out of place or out of character and female politicians don?t
>>> generally show flesh should make one think is this real?
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>

>> You're never going to get a decent meal at McDonald's, or any of the
>> other fast food joints, anyway, with or without AI. I don't know if AI
>> coud make them any worse.
>>

>I do like the coffee chains still not high end but good enough, McDonald’s
>coffee is frankly not worth the money! I occasionally need to go with folks
>at work it’s fairly dire food!
>
>Roger Merriman

I always thought that coffee was McDonald's strung suit. I need good
coffee and some M&M peanuts for any long driving endeavor.

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<unk2fv$23i16$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98692&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98692

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 10:15:28 -0800
 by: sms - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 18:15 UTC

On 1/9/2024 6:17 AM, sms wrote:

<snip>

Here is the article:
<https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/how-tech-firms-disrupted-silicon-valley-s-restaurant-scene-116091901381_1.html>

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<%UknN.1885804$MwE9.889964@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98725&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98725

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 23:46:03 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 23:46 UTC

Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 17:44:02 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

>>> You're never going to get a decent meal at McDonald's, or any of the
>>> other fast food joints, anyway, with or without AI. I don't know if AI
>>> coud make them any worse.
>>>

>> I do like the coffee chains still not high end but good enough, McDonald’s
>> coffee is frankly not worth the money! I occasionally need to go with folks
>> at work it’s fairly dire food!
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
> I always thought that coffee was McDonald's strung suit. I need good
> coffee and some M&M peanuts for any long driving endeavor.

Unless it’s different in uk, absolutely not I can get better coffee from an
instant at a greasy spoon cafe let alone a coffee cake type of place.

Roger Merriman

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<momrpilc33vbnt9c1e6f94f20t9bahf0q8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98726&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98726

From: Solo...@old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 18:51:24 -0500
 by: Catrike Ryder - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 23:51 UTC

On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 23:46:03 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 17:44:02 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I do like the coffee chains still not high end but good enough, McDonald?s
>>> coffee is frankly not worth the money! I occasionally need to go with folks
>>> at work it?s fairly dire food!
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> I always thought that coffee was McDonald's strung suit. I need good
>> coffee and some M&M peanuts for any long driving endeavor.
>>
>Unless it’s different in uk, absolutely not I can get better coffee from an
>instant at a greasy spoon cafe let alone a coffee cake type of place.
>
>Roger Merriman

I haven't stopped at a McDonald's for coffee or anything else for a
long time. It might have deteriorated

Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<2046d4d6-08a7-44ed-af45-f7161506ce04n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98728&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98728

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:05:25 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:05 UTC

On Monday, January 8, 2024 at 10:24:02 AM UTC, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> CaliExpress by Flippy™ is the world’s first fully autonomous
> restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
> both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
> leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
>
> Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
> self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
> make easy and fast payments.
>
> https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
>
> World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
> Southern California
>
> https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html

And then there'll be the first time the automated restaurant cooks a customer... -- AJ

RE: Re: Minimum,wage,vs,AI...,Government,eliminating,jobs

<hkoCN.447289$Wp_8.33640@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101925&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101925

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:55:57 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:55 UTC

On Tue Jan 9 16:05:25 2024 Andre Jute wrote:
> On Monday, January 8, 2024 at 10:24:02AM UTC, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> > CaliExpress by Flippy is the worlds first fully autonomous
> > restaurant. Utilizing the most advanced systems in food technology,
> > both the grill and fry stations are fully automated, powered by
> > leading-edge artificial intelligence and robotics.
> >
> > Guests watch their food being cooked robotically after using
> > self-ordering kiosks to get personalized order recommendations and
> > make easy and fast payments.
> >
> > https://misorobotics.com/caliexpress/
> >
> > World's First Fully Autonomous, AI-Powered Restaurant Opening in
> > Southern California
> >
> > https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-first-fully-autonomous-ai-powered-restaurant-opening-in-southern-california-302006206.html
> >
> And then there'll be the first time the automated restaurant cooks a customer... -- AJ

There is a basic problem with AI. You can discover the truth of anything said using an AI if the data is available so they will simply fill the Internet with false data - like the crap coming from Liebermann, Flunky, Krygowski and Slocomb. This completely disables an AI and it has no value after that,