From: LDigh...@att.net (Larry Dighera)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: The camel of USER FEES sticks its nose in the tent
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 06:36:47 -0700
 by: Larry Dighera - Thu, 23 Jun 2022 13:36 UTC

Boeing is determined to privatize/commercialize the Air Traffic Control
system so, they can control airline flights from feeble satellite based
radio transmissions. Thus, the free ATC services General Aviation has
enjoyed for a century will become a new revenue stream for the corporation
whose Artemis SLS system is years behind schedule and astoundingly over
budget:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/03/10/nasa-boeing-trump-moon-cost/

Without a workable backup plan for solar radio blackouts or jamming,
satellite-based ATC is irresponsible and dangerous at best.

Subject: Boeing Signs on for Aireon Space-Based ADS-B Data Services
From: Boeing News <news@boeing.mediaroom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:00:38 +0000 (UTC)

News Release Issued: Jun 23, 2022 (6:00am EDT)

To view this release online and get more information about Boeing, visit:
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/news-releases-statements?item=131068 Boeing
Signs on for Aireon Space-Based ADS-B Data Services

Photos(1)

SEATTLE, June 23, 2022 – Aireon, the world’s leading provider of space-based
automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B) services, will deliver
its flight data stream to Boeing [NYSE: BA]. Boeing will use the stream to
expand its advanced data analytics capabilities in its effort to further
strengthen commercial air travel safety.

Aireon will provide historical aircraft data and near real-time aircraft
event data via its AireonINSIGHTS product for select Boeing airplane
programs.

As part of its implementation of an enterprise Safety Management System
(SMS), Boeing will integrate the ADS-B data into its safety analytics tools.
Recognized worldwide as an industry best practice, SMS is an integrating
framework for managing safety risks. Through the use of data science and
data analytics, the information will deliver insights to proactively
identify hazards and monitor emerging safety trends.

“We are investing in a data stream that can be transformed into safety
intelligence,” said Vishwa Uddanwadiker, Boeing vice president of Aerospace
Safety Analytics. “We are adding this to our data analytics ecosystem to
help predict and prevent safety risks, while identifying other opportunities
to strengthen our Safety Management System.”

The global space-based ADS-B data from AireonINSIGHTS can help customers
gain insights to key performance indicators on flight safety.

“The power of the Aireon data unlocks a cache of information for Boeing
regarding the operations of its aircraft in the global airspace. With this
integration, Boeing will have data to provide a full operational view of its
fleet, and we are excited to partner with them,” said Don Thoma, Aireon CEO.
As a leading global aerospace company, Boeing develops, manufactures and
services commercial airplanes, defense products and space systems for
customers in more than 150 countries. As a top U.S. exporter, the company
leverages the talents of a global supplier base to advance economic
opportunity, sustainability and community impact. Boeing's diverse team is
committed to innovating for the future, leading with sustainability, and
cultivating a culture based on the company's core values of safety, quality
and integrity. Join our team and find your purpose at boeing.com/careers.

Aireon has deployed a space-based air traffic surveillance system for
ADS-B-equipped aircraft throughout the entire globe. Aireon is harnessing
next-generation aviation surveillance technologies that were formerly
ground-based and, for the first time ever, is extending their reach globally
to significantly improve efficiency, enhance safety, reduce emissions, and
provide cost savings benefits to all stakeholders. Space-based ADS-B
surveillance covers oceanic, polar, and remote regions, and augments
existing ground-based systems that are limited to terrestrial airspace. In
partnership with leading ANSPs from around the world, like NAV CANADA, the
Irish Aviation Authority, ENAV, NATS UK and NAVIAIR, as well as Iridium
Communications, Aireon is providing a global, real-time, space-based air
traffic surveillance system, available to all aviation stakeholders. For
more information, please visit www.aireon.com.
# # #

Contact
Jim Proulx
Boeing Communications
+1 (206) 850-2102
jim.proulx@boeing.com

Jared Kaufer
Boeing Communications
+1 (425) 306-8797
jared.d.kaufer@boeing.com

Emily Feliz
Aireon
+1 (571) 424-5648
Emily.Feliz@aireon.com

Re: The camel of USER FEES sticks its nose in the tent

<3haeoi-b1f2.ln1@gonzo.specsol.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99&group=rec.aviation.piloting#99

From: jim...@gonzo.specsol.net (Jim Pennino)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:39:01 -0700
 by: Jim Pennino - Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:39 UTC

Larry Dighera <LDighera@att.net> wrote:

> Boeing is determined to privatize/commercialize the Air Traffic Control
> system so, they can control airline flights from feeble satellite based
> radio transmissions.

When something starts out with an obviously biased and ignorant
statement, I see no reason to read any further.

<snip remaining unread>

Re: The camel of USER FEES sticks its nose in the tent

<hifbbhh5ohptc5l4slsvre6cpv4iphves5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101&group=rec.aviation.piloting#101

From: LDigh...@att.net (Larry Dighera)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 06:39:27 -0700
 by: Larry Dighera - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 13:39 UTC

On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:39:01 -0700, Jim Pennino <jimp@gonzo.specsol.net>
wrote:

>Larry Dighera <LDighera@att.net> wrote:
>>
>> Boeing is determined to privatize/commercialize the Air Traffic Control
>> system so, they can control airline flights from feeble satellite based
>> radio transmissions.
>
>When something starts out with an obviously biased and ignorant
>statement, I see no reason to read any further.
>
><snip remaining unread>

https://www.avweb.com/avionics/adsb/aireon-to-provide-boeing-with-space-based-ads-b-data-services/

Aireon To Provide Boeing With Space-Based ADS-B Data Services
By Kate O'Connor -Published:June 23, 20221

Image: Aireon
Boeing has signed an agreement with Aireon to access the space-based ADS-B
service provider’s flight data stream. According to Boeing, it will use the
stream “to expand its advanced data analytics capabilities in its effort to
further strengthen commercial air travel safety.” Via the agreement, Aireon
will provide historical aircraft data and near real-time aircraft event data
to Boeing through its AireonINSIGHTS product.

“The power of the Aireon data unlocks a cache of information for Boeing
regarding the operations of its aircraft in the global airspace,” said
Aireon CEO Don Thoma. “With this integration, Boeing will have data to
provide a full operational view of its fleet, and we are excited to partner
with them.”

Boeing plans to integrate the ADS-B data into its safety analytics tools as
part of the implementation of an enterprise Safety Management System (SMS).
The company says the information will provide information that will allow it
to “proactively identify hazards and monitor emerging safety trends.”
AireonINSIGHTS offers information including airport and airspace events,
ongoing flight data, safety events and location alerts using a combination
of Aireon’s worldwide, real-time space-based ADS-B data and contextual data
such as infrastructure, weather, avionics, aircraft registry and scheduling.

Re: The camel of USER FEES sticks its nose in the tent

<tbsgoi-edq5.ln1@gonzo.specsol.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102&group=rec.aviation.piloting#102

From: jim...@gonzo.specsol.net (Jim Pennino)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 06:55:43 -0700
 by: Jim Pennino - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 13:55 UTC

Larry Dighera <LDighera@att.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:39:01 -0700, Jim Pennino <jimp@gonzo.specsol.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Larry Dighera <LDighera@att.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Boeing is determined to privatize/commercialize the Air Traffic Control
>>> system so, they can control airline flights from feeble satellite based
>>> radio transmissions.
>>
>>When something starts out with an obviously biased and ignorant
>>statement, I see no reason to read any further.
>>
>><snip remaining unread>
>>

> https://www.avweb.com/avionics/adsb/aireon-to-provide-boeing-with-space-based-ads-b-data-services/
>
> Aireon To Provide Boeing With Space-Based ADS-B Data Services
> By Kate O'Connor -Published:June 23, 20221

News from 18,000 years in the future?

Re: The camel of USER FEES sticks its nose in the tent

<1588d677-b4fa-4806-8802-da9408543507n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=104&group=rec.aviation.piloting#104

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Geoff Rove)
 by: Geoff Rove - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 20:52 UTC

On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 9:01:05 AM UTC-5, Jim Pennino wrote:
> Larry Dighera <LDig...@att.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:39:01 -0700, Jim Pennino <ji...@gonzo.specsol.net>
> > wrote:

> >>When something starts out with an obviously biased and ignorant
> >>statement, I see no reason to read any further.
> >>
> >><snip remaining unread>
> >>

> > https://www.avweb.com/avionics/adsb/aireon-to-provide-boeing-with-space-based-ads-b-data-services/
> >
> > Aireon To Provide Boeing With Space-Based ADS-B Data Services
> > By Kate O'Connor -Published:June 23, 20221
> News from 18,000 years in the future?
Residents of my county have been paying property taxes for its general aviation airport for over 35 years.