The computing field is always in need of new cliches. -- Alan Perlis

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

SubjectAuthor
* Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 VaccineFred Bloggs
+* Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccinea a
|`- Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 VaccineFred Bloggs
`* Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 VaccineFred Bloggs
 +- Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccinea a
 `* Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 VaccineFred Bloggs
  `* Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 VaccineFred Bloggs
   +* Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 VaccineGerhard Hoffmann

1
Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<5951b7fa-cb3c-4497-b83d-060b087088fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101991&group=sci.electronics.design#101991

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:01:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:01 UTC

Pfizer and BioNTech to the rescue once again.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-omicron-adapted-covid-19

So no one needs to worry about stories similar to the one written by this confused idiot:
COVID booster effectiveness wanes after 3 months, study shows
https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-712680
The study was conducted to compare booster effectiveness of an RNA vaccine booster regardless of primary vaccine to the virus vector vaccine used as a booster.
None of the vaccines specifically target Omicron so the results are expected to be bad.
The study was just a superficial waste of time and money.
https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medicine/fulltext/S2666-3791(22)00215-4

All of this nonsense has been obliterated by the new Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. And to think they did this without some Warp Speed nonsense.

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<f6d9eba9-e238-4e15-bdfa-16697d97c818n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102018&group=sci.electronics.design#102018

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:04:32 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 12:04 UTC

On Friday, 22 July 2022 at 09:00:48 UTC+2, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 1:01:27 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > Pfizer and BioNTech to the rescue once again.
> >
> > https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-omicron-adapted-covid-19
> >
> > So no one needs to worry about stories similar to the one written by this confused idiot:
> > COVID booster effectiveness wanes after 3 months, study shows
> > https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-712680
> > The study was conducted to compare booster effectiveness of an RNA vaccine booster regardless of primary vaccine to the virus vector vaccine used as a booster.
> > None of the vaccines specifically target Omicron so the results are expected to be bad.
> What the RNA vaccines do is program human cells to generate a version of the Covid-19 spike protein.
>
> What the Omicron adapted Pfizer vaccine presumably does is program our cells to make a slightly different version of the Covd-19 spike protein that looks more like the one that studs the surface the Omicron strains of the virus. The press release is pretty unspecific, and Fred Bloggs hasn't said anything all that informative either - he never does.
> > The study was just a superficial waste of time and money.
> > https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medicine/fulltext/S2666-3791(22)00215-4
> >
> > All of this nonsense has been obliterated by the new Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. And to think they did this without some Warp Speed nonsense.
> Warp Speed was all about letting Donald Trump claim that he had thrown money at the problem, long after the extra money could have made any difference.
> Pfizer wasn't impressed.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/health/was-the-pfizer-vaccine-part-of-the-governments-operation-warp-speed.html
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?EVENTS=on&PAGENO=2946&PERPAGE=10&ESORT=&REVERSESORT=&VAX=(COVID19)&DIED=Yes

From the 7/8/2022 release of VAERS data:
Found 29,460 cases where Vaccine is COVID19 and Patient Died
Government Disclaimer on use of this data

Case Details
This is page 2946 out of 2,946
Result pages: prev 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946

VAERS ID: 2361479 (history)
Form: Version 2.0
Age: 70.0
Sex: Male
Location: Foreign
Vaccinated: 2022-06-22
Onset: 0000-00-00
Submitted: 0000-00-00
Entered: 2022-07-08
Vaccin­ation / Manu­facturer Lot / Dose Site / Route
COVID19: COVID19 (COVID19 (MODERNA)) / MODERNA 000102A / 4 - / OT

Administered by: Unknown Purchased by: ?
Symptoms: Bipolar disorder, Fall, Personality change
SMQs:, Dementia (broad), Noninfectious encephalitis (broad), Noninfectious encephalopathy/delirium (broad), Accidents and injuries (narrow), Hostility/aggression (broad)

Life Threatening? No
Birth Defect? No
Died? Yes

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<e819372e-11cb-4383-88f0-af602fb1da3bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102072&group=sci.electronics.design#102072

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:05:00 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 18:05 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 3:00:48 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 1:01:27 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > Pfizer and BioNTech to the rescue once again.
> >
> > https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-omicron-adapted-covid-19
> >
> > So no one needs to worry about stories similar to the one written by this confused idiot:
> > COVID booster effectiveness wanes after 3 months, study shows
> > https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/article-712680
> > The study was conducted to compare booster effectiveness of an RNA vaccine booster regardless of primary vaccine to the virus vector vaccine used as a booster.
> > None of the vaccines specifically target Omicron so the results are expected to be bad.
> What the RNA vaccines do is program human cells to generate a version of the Covid-19 spike protein.

LOL- they do no such thing! The RNA vaccines, which are really a fragile mRNA encapsulated in a lipid, insert the mRNA ( the protein synthesis blueprint) directly into the cell cytoplasm where it can be picked up by the ribosomes and used to start synthesizing membrane proteins to induce an immune response. There is no programming or cell nucleus involvement, all of that more usual process is bypassed. Secondly the protein blueprint the particular vaccine mRNA encodes for is the receptor binding domain (RBD), just a small part of the whole viral spike protein spike complex. Note that the factual reality of what's happening occurs independently of your understanding, or more precisely, misunderstanding of it.
Secondly, there is one of the great capabilities of the human immune system for randomization of response that makes it a very effective protection. You can think of it as dithering. When the RBD antigens on the cell membrane are detected by immune surveillance and presented to the big guns that start the process of antibody production and secretion, the resulting antibodies are not entirely uniform. There will be variations among them. They mostly target the core RBD of the vaccine but others have enough variation to effectively neutralize antigen that is merely close to the original. So this is what's happening with the COVID vaccines that have programmed the immunity to neutralize the original COVID, you end up with just partial initial immunity to Omicron. But it's helpful and works well with most people because it buys them time. When they're mildly infected with Omicron, the Omicron virus becomes the new core antigen against which they develop effective antibodies. The partial immunity from the vaccines keeps them well enough for long enough to do this. Sick people lose immune vitality and have a tough time with new challenges, and the vaccine helps them avoid this.

Blah- blah-blah fence post.

> What the Omicron adapted Pfizer vaccine presumably does is program our cells to make a slightly different version of the Covd-19 spike protein that looks more like the one that studs the surface the Omicron strains of the virus. The press release is pretty unspecific, and Fred Bloggs hasn't said anything all that informative either - he never does.
> > The study was just a superficial waste of time and money.
> > https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medicine/fulltext/S2666-3791(22)00215-4
> >
> > All of this nonsense has been obliterated by the new Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. And to think they did this without some Warp Speed nonsense.
> Warp Speed was all about letting Donald Trump claim that he had thrown money at the problem, long after the extra money could have made any difference.
> Pfizer wasn't impressed.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/health/was-the-pfizer-vaccine-part-of-the-governments-operation-warp-speed.html

Right, they turned it down, and they refused to accept the government distribution by McKesson- a real shady bunch.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<e5d9cf8b-c546-4b4a-bcfc-268a3eff7f6an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102088&group=sci.electronics.design#102088

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 12:37:22 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:37 UTC

On Friday, 22 July 2022 at 20:05:04 UTC+2, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> [...]
> > > The study was just a superficial waste of time and money.
> > > https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medicine/fulltext/S2666-3791(22)00215-4
> > >
> > > All of this nonsense has been obliterated by the new Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. And to think they did this without some Warp Speed nonsense.
> > Warp Speed was all about letting Donald Trump claim that he had thrown money at the problem, long after the extra money could have made any difference.
> > Pfizer wasn't impressed.
> >
> > https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/health/was-the-pfizer-vaccine-part-of-the-governments-operation-warp-speed.html
> Right, they turned it down, and they refused to accept the government distribution by McKesson- a real shady bunch.

Fauci: Covid Will Keep Infecting People, Even the Vaccinated

Last Updated: July 22, 2022 at 8:55 a.m. ET
First Published: July 21, 2022 at 5:06 p.m. ET
By Matt Peterson
1234 comments
"We know now that SARS-CoV-2 is very different" than other viruses, says Dr.. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Stephen Voss/Redux

This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on more articles?
Give your feedback below or email
product@barrons.com
..

The Covid-19 virus won’t be eradicated and even those who are vaccinated will keep getting it, Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical advisor, told Barron’s.

That was hammered home Thursday when the White House announced that President Biden has joined the tens of millions of Americans who have been infected by Covid-19. The president, who has four shots on his vaccine card, is feeling fine, the White House says.

The president’s case adds to the newly emerging picture of the pandemic in the U.S. The virus is transmissible enough to slip past vaccinations, present enough to infect even the president, potent enough to seriously endanger those not maximally boosted—and still changing fast. That makes it quite different from diseases like measles or even small pox that health authorities have contained in the past.

Reached at his office on what he joked was an uneventful day, Dr. Fauci declined to discuss the specifics of the president’s case. But he took a few minutes to flesh out the picture of an evolving virus.

An edited version of the conversation follows.

Barron’s: Can you explain what’s happening with the virus now such that someone like President Biden can fairly easily get infected but isn’t at particularly great risk of going to the hospital?

Anthony Fauci: What you’re saying is something that is very commonly experienced now, including by yours truly. The vaccines against the original strain were very good. Not perfect, but very good against preventing infection. Very, very good against preventing symptomatic disease, which was about 94% to 95%. Less well, but nonetheless, quite well against, hospitalization and death.

What we’re seeing is a gradual increase in the transmissibility of the virus, such that vaccines, even with boosters, although they continue to protect quite well against severe disease leading to hospitalizations and death, because of the exquisitely high transmissibility of these emerging variants, people are getting infected at a very high rate.

Many people are now getting infected for a second time. Does the evidence suggest that reinfections can be equally or more severe, or don’t we know?

I think we don’t know. We’ve seen all of the above. I have seen and heard of people who are infected the first time and had a moderately severe infection. They didn’t get hospitalized, but enough to put them out of action for several days to a week or more who then got reinfected and had a relatively mild illness. I’ve also had people call me who’ve gotten infected the first time around, have done reasonably well with a minor degree of symptomatology, who got infected the second time around and had a more severe disease. We don’t have a pattern yet now to be able to make any definitive statements about that.

The one thing in general is that the immunity that you get from infection superimposed upon a person who is vaccinated and boosted, that becomes a very powerful immunity.

The shift from PCR tests to at-home rapid testing means that we’re significantly undercounting the level of infection in the U.S. Does that matter from your perspective as someone who’s trying to monitor the virus at a high level?

You get a pretty good feel of what the level is from wastewater as well as from the PCR. Putting long Covid aside, the general feeling among the CDC and many of the health people locally is that the critical issue is people getting significantly ill. And rather than focus intensively on the number of cases that one should spend more effort on analyzing what the numbers of hospitalizations are, what the hospitalization capacity is, what the amount of severe disease and ICU usage, etc.

Having said that, it is still in my mind too high. I don’t accept the idea of 300 deaths per day, or having 40,000 people in the hospital, or having several hundred thousand cases a day. Everybody’s hoping to get a degree of what they call endemicity, living with the virus at a level that goes not disrupt society. That’s where I think we’re going. I don’t believe we’re gonna eradicate this. We’ve only eradicated smallpox. I don’t believe we’re even gonna eliminate it, like we’ve done with measles because this virus is very different. It’s highly transmissible.
more to read

Biden Tests Positive

Instead of being a stable virus like smallpox and measles, which doesn’t change, and instead of the immunity being durable, like measles and smallpox, where if you get infected or if you get vaccinated, your immunity lasts at least for decades, and maybe for a lifetime, we know now that SARS-CoV-2 is very different. Not only does it not stay stable, but it continues to evolve with new variants. And we’ve experienced that very profoundly over the last two and a half years.

The other thing is that immunity isn’t durable. We know that people get infected, and then they get reinfected. And people get vaccinated and they get infected. So immunity isn’t measured in decades or lifetimes. It’s measured in several months.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<330db068-9686-43ca-8c34-bebb515fb3fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102114&group=sci.electronics.design#102114

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 15:27:29 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 22:27 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 8:04:36 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> [...]
>

> Case Details
> This is page 2946 out of 2,946
> Result pages: prev 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946
>
> VAERS ID: 2361479 (history)
> Form: Version 2.0
> Age: 70.0
> Sex: Male
> Location: Foreign
> Vaccinated: 2022-06-22
> Onset: 0000-00-00
> Submitted: 0000-00-00
> Entered: 2022-07-08
> Vaccin­ation / Manu­facturer Lot / Dose Site / Route
> COVID19: COVID19 (COVID19 (MODERNA)) / MODERNA 000102A / 4 - / OT
>
> Administered by: Unknown Purchased by: ?
> Symptoms: Bipolar disorder, Fall, Personality change
> SMQs:, Dementia (broad), Noninfectious encephalitis (broad), Noninfectious encephalopathy/delirium (broad), Accidents and injuries (narrow), Hostility/aggression (broad)

You're a mindless dupe.
https://www.science.org/content/article/antivaccine-activists-use-government-database-side-effects-scare-public

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<fa8d098b-94fb-4211-a769-b5fc684485fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102141&group=sci.electronics.design#102141

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:26:07 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:26 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 9:20:02 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 4:05:04 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > What the RNA vaccines do is program human cells to generate a version of the Covid-19 spike protein.
> >
> > LOL- they do no such thing! The RNA vaccines, which are really a fragile mRNA encapsulated in a lipid, insert the mRNA ( the protein synthesis blueprint) directly into the cell cytoplasm where it can be picked up by the ribosomes and used to start synthesizing membrane proteins to induce an immune response. There is no programming or cell nucleus involvement, all of that more usual process is bypassed.
> I didn't say that there was. The mRNA works directly on the cell's protein synthesising machinery which isn't in the cell nucleus.
> You are letting your imagination run away to create a non-existent implication.
> > Secondly the protein blueprint the particular vaccine mRNA encodes for is the receptor binding domain (RBD), just a small part of the whole viral spike protein spike complex.
> Don't be a complete idiot. You can't synthesis a fragment of a protein, and expect it to fold into the configuration that locks onto the ACE-2 receptor. The literature is perfectly explicit - the vaccines program the cells they hit to generate a version of the Covid-19 spike protein which does include the highly conserved receptor bindng domain. There may be another protein that folds into shape which includes a region that can lock onto the ACE-2 receptor, but it doesn't seem to have been exploited by any Covid-19 vaccine.

Ummm- you're dementia has completely overwhelmed you. The vaccine protein does not infect anything much less fuse with an ACE2 receptor. Their protein is an unfolded RBD, no more and no less. The protein is unfolded to give its structure maximum possible exposure. You're not only pathetically ignorant but insane too.

> >Note that the factual reality of what's happening occurs independently of your understanding, or more precisely, misunderstanding of it.
> The misunderstanding here is obviously yours.

You pretend to authority you don't have. Go ply your charade onto clueless rubes.

> > Secondly, there is one of the great capabilities of the human immune system for randomization of response that makes it a very effective protection. You can think of it as dithering. When the RBD antigens on the cell membrane are detected by immune surveillance and presented to the big guns that start the process of antibody production and secretion, the resulting antibodies are not entirely uniform.
> An antigen is any substance that causes your immune system to produce antibodies against it. The receptor bonding domain isn't any kind of antigen - it's part of a protein that that the immune system has been programmed to recognise.

Totally wrong about that. The RBD like any protein complex serves as the antigen. The vaccines triple them up for more certain recognition.
You have no idea what you're talking about and you're insane.

> The human immune system can only produce a limited range of antibodies - a large range, but finite - and that range varies from person to person. You may be able to make several antibodies that latch onto the antigen to which you have been exposed, and then what you produced wouldn't be entirely uniform, but this isn't any kind of randomisation.

You never even heard of antibody randomization until I told you about it. The immunologists recognize it as randomization. You're just an ignoramus with an obsession to pretense of authority. Go ply your charade on a bunch of rubes.

> >There will be variations among them. They mostly target the core RBD of the vaccine.
>
> They don't. You've got that wrong. We'd all like it if they did, but antibodies can't confine themselves to such as restricted target.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know the first thing about basic immunology.

> > So this is what's happening with the COVID vaccines that have programmed the immunity to neutralize the original COVID, you end up with just partial initial immunity to Omicron.
> Rubbish.

The only rubbish around here is you.

> > But it's helpful and works well with most people because it buys them time. When they're mildly infected with Omicron, the Omicron virus becomes the new core antigen against which they develop effective antibodies.
> More rubbish. The virus isn't an antigen. Features on it surface - like spike proteins - can serve as antigens, but once you are infected with a Covud-19 virus it synthesises a handful of other proteins that also act as antigens and effectively distract the immune system

The virus is an antigen in any reasonable interpretation of stimulating an immune response. Now you're not only ignorant and insane but stupid too. And where the hell are you getting this distracting the immune system jazz??? Completely nuts.

> > The partial immunity from the vaccines keeps them well enough for long enough to do this. Sick people lose immune vitality and have a tough time with new challenges, and the vaccine helps them avoid this.
> There's no "partial immunity" involved. The more infectious variants of the Covid-19 virus are infectious enough to get a toehold againist a full-fledged immune response

Latest studies show vaccine effectiveness against Omicron has declined to 25% for infection and 15% for symptomatic illness. That's called partial immunity and it's about drop out entirely.

> > Blah- blah-blah fence post.
>
> The fence post here is you.
>
> <snipped more of Fred missing the point>

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<4fb57df1-3a03-43ab-bf0f-9b7437b19ce7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102164&group=sci.electronics.design#102164

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:42:04 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 09:42 UTC

On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 11:23:46 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
<snip>

Just stay out of any discussion related to vaccines or the COVID epidemic. You're confused, mentally ill, and don't know a stitch about the subject matter.

> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<tbgggo$k89b$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102166&group=sci.electronics.design#102166

From: dk4...@arcor.de (Gerhard Hoffmann)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 11:54:32 +0200
 by: Gerhard Hoffmann - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 09:54 UTC

Am 23.07.22 um 11:42 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 11:23:46 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Just stay out of any discussion related to vaccines or the COVID epidemic. You're confused, mentally ill, and don't know a stitch about the subject matter.

You can put down the mirror now.

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<be16e729-9a86-456d-ae37-2a0038d1fca2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102168&group=sci.electronics.design#102168

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 03:08:39 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 10:08 UTC

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 5:54:37 AM UTC-4, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:
> Am 23.07.22 um 11:42 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
> > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 11:23:46 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Just stay out of any discussion related to vaccines or the COVID epidemic. You're confused, mentally ill, and don't know a stitch about the subject matter.
> You can put down the mirror now.

Another fence post joins the discussion. I can't believe how plain dumb you people are to buy into Sloman's obvious ignorance and bullshit.

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<XnsAEDD6D2C35408idtokenpost@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102175&group=sci.electronics.design#102175

From: spa...@not.com (Mike Monett)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:43:55 -0000 (UTC)
References: <5951b7fa-cb3c-4497-b83d-060b087088fbn@googlegroups.com> <1eb84b04-dc62-4f53-a802-f223fd6d93dfn@googlegroups.com> <e819372e-11cb-4383-88f0-af602fb1da3bn@googlegroups.com> <1babd947-2c36-444a-a690-c8e123d9b89an@googlegroups.com> <fa8d098b-94fb-4211-a769-b5fc684485fan@googlegroups.com> <7e5dfaf6-2443-4f9a-bddc-5e8181d19d12n@googlegroups.com> <4fb57df1-3a03-43ab-bf0f-9b7437b19ce7n@googlegroups.com> <tbgggo$k89b$1@solani.org>
 by: Mike Monett - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:43 UTC

Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 23.07.22 um 11:42 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
>> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 11:23:46 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Just stay out of any discussion related to vaccines or the COVID
>> epidemic. You're confused, mentally ill, and don't know a stitch about
>> the subject matter.
>
> You can put down the mirror now.

Fred is a well-known troll. You can't troll him back. Just PLONK him.

The entire newsgroup will get much quieter when everyone learns trolls are
only there to waste your time and throw sand in your gears.

--
MRM

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<58b7349f-6dd3-4fa5-a071-e84edbd511c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102177&group=sci.electronics.design#102177

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 07:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:50 UTC

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 10:44:01 AM UTC-4, Mike Monett wrote:
> Gerhard Hoffmann <dk...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > Am 23.07.22 um 11:42 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
> >> On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 11:23:46 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> Just stay out of any discussion related to vaccines or the COVID
> >> epidemic. You're confused, mentally ill, and don't know a stitch about
> >> the subject matter.
> >
> > You can put down the mirror now.
> Fred is a well-known troll. You can't troll him back. Just PLONK him.
>
> The entire newsgroup will get much quieter when everyone learns trolls are
> only there to waste your time and throw sand in your gears.

How's that high school equivalency course coming along?

> --
> MRM

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<215be739-3d98-46da-86f0-c2dc83e60350n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102178&group=sci.electronics.design#102178

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 07:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:54 UTC

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 6:46:01 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 7:42:08 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > On Friday, July 22, 2022 at 11:23:46 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Just stay out of any discussion related to vaccines or the COVID epidemic. You're confused, mentally ill, and don't know a stitch about the subject matter.
> This from the guy who thinks that "highly conserved" means "doesn't mutate".

Uh-huh- retreat to your picayune play with semantics, when you apparently don't have the slightest clue of the science.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Pfizer and BioNTech Announce Omicron-Adapted COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron

<ffc48384-fc5f-4d32-94c3-4b28ea068a42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102258&group=sci.electronics.design#102258

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 05:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
Candidates Demonstrate High Immune Response Against Omicron
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 12:21 UTC

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 11:37:29 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Sunday, July 24, 2022 at 12:54:34 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > This from the guy who thinks that "highly conserved" means "doesn't mutate".
> > Uh-huh- retreat to your picayune play with semantics, when you apparently don't have the slightest clue of the science.
> The "highly conserved" receptor-bonding domain of the Covid-19 spike protein has mutated after from the original strain - not all that often, nor all that much. Most of the mutations stop the virus from docking onto the ACE-2 receptor area, so those strains die out before anybody can sequence them..
>
> You started this thread with a link to Pfizer boosting about making a better antigen for it's new Covid-19 vaccine, so the differences - while small - don't seem to be picayune, and your idea that this is mere semantics reveals that it's you who doesn't understand the science as well as you ought to.

Picayune referred to your stupid criticism of phraseology, not the viral mutation.

You're just a good for nothing argumentative nobody of person with absolutely nothing to contribute to the discussion. You make it sound like I was the one who decided significant mutation to the RBD was not a problem when as I've said too many times to count that it was the consensus of the scientific community at the time, You don't think it was a consensus? I call investing trillions of dollars into vaccine development, manufacture, distribution, and administration, pretty strong support for that consensus. And it turns out they were right! All of the mutations that took hold to reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine originated in parts of the world where the virus ran rampant and the population was not vaccinated to any significant extent. With the exception of the one mutation in UK induced by medical malpractice using a highly mutagenic antiviral medication to treat a condition unrelated to COVID, not a single mutation originated in populations with significant vaccination by the major western pharmaceutical vaccines.

This is my last word on the subject. You're not worth talking to. You're a useless jackass.

And take all your stupid fan club morons like the Monett nutcase and the Hoffmann ignoramus with you.