An Ada exception is when a routine gets in trouble and says 'Beam me up, Scotty'.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: June Solstice 2023

SubjectAuthor
* June Solstice 2023Gerald Kelleher
`- Re: June Solstice 2023Gerald Kelleher

1
June Solstice 2023

<ddd32dd0-21d2-42fa-9115-b1e96ade733cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10230&group=sci.astro.amateur#10230

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: June Solstice 2023
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 18:49 UTC

The entire surface of the Earth as a function of the planet's orbital motion on the June Solstice bears a specific relationship to the Sun with the North and South Poles representing definite positions for this specific date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OgLCH7jYp8

The entire surface rotates parallel to the orbital plane as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth with the central Sun and the planet's divisor (at right angles to the orbital plane) as the two main physical references. It creates expanding and contracting circumferences where the Sun remains constantly in view or out of sight with the North/South Poles at the centre of this dynamic process. It introduces observers to the fact that the differences between the June Solstice to September Equinox are not the same as the December Solstice to March Equinox using the description centred on the polar regions and this segues into seasonal variations across latitudes and ultimately planetary climate.

Our planet's climate is defined by the maximum circumference (Arctic and Antarctic Circles) which in turn relies on the relationship of the polar surface points to the orbital plane as half the Earth is above the orbital plane and the other half below thereby creating a separate equator by which the Pole rotate parallel to in the manner Copernicus described-

_"The third movement is the declination movement. For the axis of daily rotation is not parallel to the axis of the great circle but is inclined to it by such a part of the circumference, which in our time is almost 23 and a half degrees. Thus the centre of the Earth always remains in the plane of the ecliptic, i.e. on the circumference of a great circle, and its poles revolve, drawing small circles on both sides around the centres equidistant from the axis of the great circle. This movement, too, takes place over a period of almost a year and is almost equal to the revolution of the great wheel" Copernicus, Commentariolus.

It was the Ptolemaic framework which prevented Copernicus from developing this perspective further as that framework introduced the Precession of the Equinoxes whereas the older framework which creates the calendar system would ascribe the differences to the proportion of daily rotations to orbital circuits beyond the 365 1/4 rotations for one circuit.

So, Galileo would ascribe the third motion of Copernicus as a kind of rest rather than a rotation, however, the Ptolemaic framework caused these considerate men to fall between two stools, so to speak.

"From what I see, did not understand very well- was a certain experiment which I exhibited to some gentlemen there at Rome, and perhaps at the very house of Your Excellency, in partial explanation and partial refutation of the "third motion" attributed by Copernicus to the earth. This extra rotation, opposite in direction to all other celestial motions, appeared to many a most improbable thing, and one that upset the whole Copernican system. . . .. What I said was designed to remove a difficulty attributed to the Copernican system, and I later added that anyone who would reflect upon the matter more carefully would see that Copernicus had spoken falsely when he attributed his "third motion" to the earth since this would not be a motion at all, but a kind of rest. It is certainly true that to the person holding the bowl, such a ball appears to move with respect to himself and to the bowl and to turn upon its axis. But with respect to the wan (or any other external thing), the ball does not turn at all, and does not change its tilt, and any point upon it will continue to point toward the same distant object" Galileo, The Assayer.

Theorists are not astronomers although many themselves by that title yet there is no restriction on who can and cannot approach this topic at the level of the first Sun-centred astronomers. There is satisfaction found in the intricacies of these physical considerations but more often than not, people who should know better, when they sit on the fence, retreat completely from the endeavour.

Re: June Solstice 2023

<95fe4a5a-4318-4c2c-bfff-fbfb3b9bcbban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10241&group=sci.astro.amateur#10241

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 11:59:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: June Solstice 2023
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 18:59 UTC

There are few things more satisfying than keeping the company of the first Sun-centred researchers and resolving issues which they did not have the imaging to do so.

[...]

It is a rotation rather than a rest, however, a more expanded explanation is that not only the North and South poles but the entire surface rotates parallel to the orbital plane as a function of the planet's orbital motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE

When all conversation is lost among 21st-century people, there are still discussions from genuine researchers divided by decades or centuries. The reasoning for two surface rotations acting in combination to create the annual milestone tomorrow is found in the largest circumference, with the North Pole at its centre, where the Sun remains constantly in view ( Arctic Circle) before that circumference shrinks towards the September Equinox.

While society is, at least presently, severely damaged as a result of a misadventure with timekeeping, the great cycles go on and are indifferent to the small minds and souls that walk the planet. No matter how old a person becomes, they are asked to elevate their perceptive abilities to appreciate what makes their life possible from the smallest internal part of the body to the largest observable motions in the celestial arena. It connects the individual to the Universal in physical terms and the individual to God in spiritual/inspirational terms.