You're dead, Jim. -- McCoy, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7

tech / rec.photo.digital / The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

SubjectAuthor
* The DJI Air 2S at Morro BaySavageduck
+* Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BayBill W
|`* Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BaySavageduck
| `* Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BayBill W
|  `- Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BaySavageduck
`* Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BayMountain Magpie
 `* Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BaySavageduck
  +- Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BayRJH
  `- Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro BayMountain Magpie

1
The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<0001HW.26DEF1A1006B047270000AED338F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10246&group=rec.photo.digital#10246

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:24:17 -0700
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Subject: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:24 UTC

I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew on. This time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.

<https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/August%2031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<0001HW.26DEFE4B03A5F39F30DFA938F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10247&group=rec.photo.digital#10247

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Subject: Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 19:18:19 -0500
 by: Bill W - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 00:18 UTC

On Aug 31, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in article<0001HW.26DEF1A1006B047270000AED338F@news.giganews.com>):

> I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew on. This
> time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.
>
> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/August%2
> 031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>

Nice, as usual. Do you have insurance if it plops into the water? And you
should take us inland one of these times for a tour of the area. Or is that
not allowed?

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<0001HW.26DF49AE007FA76570000AED338F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10248&group=rec.photo.digital#10248

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 22:39:58 -0700
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 05:39 UTC

On Aug 31, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in article<0001HW.26DEFE4B03A5F39F30DFA938F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>):

> On Aug 31, 2021, Savageduck wrote
> (in article<0001HW.26DEF1A1006B047270000AED338F@news.giganews.com>):
>
> > I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew on. This
> > time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.
> >
> > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/August%2
> > 031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>
>
> Nice, as usual. Do you have insurance if it plops into the water?

There are several ways to cover damage, or loss.
1: DJI has their Care Refresh coverage which covers replacement due to crash, or obstacle/tree impact two, or three times depending on the level purchased.
Usually the damaged, or drowned drone has to be returned to DJI to get the replacement. In the past this meant a drone lost in water, and not recoverable was truly lost. However, this year DJI enhanced their Care Refresh by adding Flyaway coverage. If your account, the drone, and the controller are synced, replacement for flyaway is covered with the caveat that the flight log has to be available from the synced controller. So for a fatal loss over water replacement is possible.

2: Some insurance companies provide coverage for loss, damage, theft, and liability coverage(sometimes required for commercial drone operations), and it might not be available in some state. In some cases a homeowners policy can provide some coverage for loss/theft, and liability coverage for recreational drone owners.

So to answer your question, I have DJI Care Refresh which I have not had to use. I also have an Allstate home owners policy which covered me for the theft of a D300, lens, etc on an overseas trip some years ago. I would assume that it would cover me for a similar drone loss.

> And you should take us inland one of these times for a tour of the area. Or is that
> not allowed?

One of these days.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<ip8ukhFelkjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10249&group=rec.photo.digital#10249

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 08:58:39 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 08:58 UTC

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:24:17 -0700, Savageduck posted:-

> I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew
> on. This time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.
>
> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/August%2031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Savageduck

Thanks for sharing, haven't you shared this before, or was on YouTube?

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<0001HW.26DF92770090B69670000AED338F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10251&group=rec.photo.digital#10251

Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 03:50:31 -0700
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 10:50 UTC

On Sep 1, 2021, Mountain Magpie wrote
(in article <ip8ukhFelkjU1@mid.individual.net>):

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:24:17 -0700, Savageduck posted:-
>
> > I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew
> > on. This time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.
> >
> > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/August%2031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Savageduck
>
> Thanks for sharing, haven't you shared this before, or was on YouTube?

Morro Bay is a weekly drone subject for me, and I have shared similar footage. This particular video was shot on Tuesday, and is fresh.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<sgnn4d$1ul5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10252&group=rec.photo.digital#10252

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:11:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:11 UTC

On 1 Sep 2021 at 11:50:31 BST, "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2021, Mountain Magpie wrote
> (in article <ip8ukhFelkjU1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:24:17 -0700, Savageduck posted:-
>>
>>> I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew
>>> on. This time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.
>>>
>>> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/August%2031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Savageduck
>>
>> Thanks for sharing, haven't you shared this before, or was on YouTube?
>
> Morro Bay is a weekly drone subject for me, and I have shared similar footage.
> This particular video was shot on Tuesday, and is fresh.

Looks excellent to me, and the slight juddery when panning effect seems to
have been solved. As mentioned elsewhere, bit of an overland view would be
good!

It's the sort of thing I'd like to do aruond the hills and lakes of Yorkshire
and Derbyshire, especially now I've plenty of time on my hands. But for now it
feels too restrictive in the UK.

--
Cheers, Rob

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<0001HW.26DFBE0800181EE530E16D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10253&group=rec.photo.digital#10253

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 08:56:24 -0500
 by: Bill W - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 13:56 UTC

On Sep 1, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in article<0001HW.26DF49AE007FA76570000AED338F@news.giganews.com>):

> On Aug 31, 2021, Bill W wrote
> (in article<0001HW.26DEFE4B03A5F39F30DFA938F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>):
>
> > On Aug 31, 2021, Savageduck wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.26DEF1A1006B047270000AED338F@news.giganews.com>):
> >
> > > I thought I might as well give you guys some drone footage to chew on. This
> > > time more DJI Air 2S cruising around Morro Bay, California.
> > >
> > > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-FWzZZRg/0/edcf9e5d/1920/Augus
> > > t%2
> > > 031%20Morro%20Bay%204K-1920.mp4>
> >
> > Nice, as usual. Do you have insurance if it plops into the water?
>
> There are several ways to cover damage, or loss.
> 1: DJI has their Care Refresh coverage which covers replacement due to crash,
> or obstacle/tree impact two, or three times depending on the level purchased.
> Usually the damaged, or drowned drone has to be returned to DJI to get the
> replacement. In the past this meant a drone lost in water, and not
> recoverable was truly lost. However, this year DJI enhanced their Care
> Refresh by adding Flyaway coverage. If your account, the drone, and the
> controller are synced, replacement for flyaway is covered with the caveat
> that the flight log has to be available from the synced controller. So for a
> fatal loss over water replacement is possible.
>
> 2: Some insurance companies provide coverage for loss, damage, theft, and
> liability coverage(sometimes required for commercial drone operations), and
> it might not be available in some state. In some cases a homeowners policy
> can provide some coverage for loss/theft, and liability coverage for
> recreational drone owners.
>
> So to answer your question, I have DJI Care Refresh which I have not had to
> use. I also have an Allstate home owners policy which covered me for the
> theft of a D300, lens, etc on an overseas trip some years ago. I would assume
> that it would cover me for a similar drone loss.
>
> > And you should take us inland one of these times for a tour of the area. Or
> > is that
> > not allowed?
>
> One of these days.

You getting smoke in your area from the fires?

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<0001HW.26DFD6C400A0B88C70000AED338F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10254&group=rec.photo.digital#10254

Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 08:41:56 -0700
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:41 UTC

On Sep 1, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in article<0001HW.26DFBE0800181EE530E16D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>):

> On Sep 1, 2021, Savageduck wrote
> (in article<0001HW.26DF49AE007FA76570000AED338F@news.giganews.com>):
>
> > On Aug 31, 2021, Bill W wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.26DEFE4B03A5F39F30DFA938F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>):
> >
> > > On Aug 31, 2021, Savageduck wrote
> > > (in article<0001HW.26DEF1A1006B047270000AED338F@news.giganews.com>):

> > > Nice, as usual. Do you have insurance if it plops into the water?
> >
> > There are several ways to cover damage, or loss.
> > 1: DJI has their Care Refresh coverage which covers replacement due to crash,
> > or obstacle/tree impact two, or three times depending on the level purchased.
> > Usually the damaged, or drowned drone has to be returned to DJI to get the
> > replacement. In the past this meant a drone lost in water, and not
> > recoverable was truly lost. However, this year DJI enhanced their Care
> > Refresh by adding Flyaway coverage. If your account, the drone, and the
> > controller are synced, replacement for flyaway is covered with the caveat
> > that the flight log has to be available from the synced controller. So for a
> > fatal loss over water replacement is possible.
> >
> > 2: Some insurance companies provide coverage for loss, damage, theft, and
> > liability coverage(sometimes required for commercial drone operations), and
> > it might not be available in some state. In some cases a homeowners policy
> > can provide some coverage for loss/theft, and liability coverage for
> > recreational drone owners.
> >
> > So to answer your question, I have DJI Care Refresh which I have not had to
> > use. I also have an Allstate home owners policy which covered me for the
> > theft of a D300, lens, etc on an overseas trip some years ago. I would assume
> > that it would cover me for a similar drone loss.
> >
> > > And you should take us inland one of these times for a tour of the area. Or
> > > is that
> > > not allowed?
> >
> > One of these days.
>
> You getting smoke in your area from the fires?

Last week the smoke was pretty bad down here. That was due to the wind pushing it South. The wind has shifted and is pushing the fires, and the smoke to the east, so it has been a lot less smokey down here on the Central Coast. Fortunately so far this year we don’t have anything burning nearby.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: The DJI Air 2S at Morro Bay

<ipa5ksFm8gaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10255&group=rec.photo.digital#10255

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 20:18:32 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 20:18 UTC

On Wed, 01 Sep 2021 03:50:31 -0700, Savageduck posted:-

> > Thanks for sharing, haven't you shared this before, or was on
> > YouTube?
>
> Morro Bay is a weekly drone subject for me, and I have shared similar
> footage. This particular video was shot on Tuesday, and is fresh.

Got it! Thanks!