"You shouldn't make my toaster angry." -- Household security explained in "Johnny Quest"

tech / rec.photo.digital / White trash low-life lets gator eat drone

SubjectAuthor
* White trash low-life lets gator eat droneRichA
+* Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat droneAlan Browne
|`- Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat droneMagani
`- Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat droneSavageduck

1
White trash low-life lets gator eat drone

<da593085-4a1d-4aff-8ae2-243ba4ac56ean@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10272&group=rec.photo.digital#10272

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 18:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: White trash low-life lets gator eat drone
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 01:46 UTC

Now why couldn't it have been another gomer who wanders too close with his phone to get photos of a bear?

https://petapixel.com/2021/09/03/gator-chomps-drone-out-of-the-air-goes-up-in-smoke/

Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat drone

<VR4ZI.71267$Kv2.50056@fx47.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10273&group=rec.photo.digital#10273

Subject: Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat drone
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:53:41 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 14:53 UTC

On 2021-09-04 21:46, RichA wrote:
> Now why couldn't it have been another gomer who wanders too close with his phone to get photos of a bear?
>
> https://petapixel.com/2021/09/03/gator-chomps-drone-out-of-the-air-goes-up-in-smoke/

Truly disgusting. Those batteries have immense energy storage and do
not suffer mechanical damage well. The gator probably has bad burns in
its mouth etc.

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."

Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat drone

<c304ed65-c592-4bcc-a352-afaf44a7eecbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10275&group=rec.photo.digital#10275

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 15:53:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: cdsr...@gmail.com (Magani)
 by: Magani - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 22:53 UTC

On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 12:53:46 am UTC+10, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2021-09-04 21:46, RichA wrote:
> > Now why couldn't it have been another gomer who wanders too close with his phone to get photos of a bear?
> >
> > https://petapixel.com/2021/09/03/gator-chomps-drone-out-of-the-air-goes-up-in-smoke/
> >
> Truly disgusting. Those batteries have immense energy storage and do
> not suffer mechanical damage well. The gator probably has bad burns in
> its mouth etc.

"“George is doing fine and still looked hungry after,” she wrote."
One could only hope she's going to inspect George's teeth and throat personally from *very* close range to confirm this.

Cheers,
Magani

Re: White trash low-life lets gator eat drone

<0001HW.26E71CBF02551FE270000AED338F@news.giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10289&group=rec.photo.digital#10289

Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 21:06:23 -0700
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 04:06 UTC

On Sep 4, 2021, RichA wrote
(in article<da593085-4a1d-4aff-8ae2-243ba4ac56ean@googlegroups.com>):

> Now why couldn't it have been another gomer who wanders too close with his phone to get photos of a bear?
>
> https://petapixel.com/2021/09/03/gator-chomps-drone-out-of-the-air-goes-up-in-smoke/

Forget white trash, that idiot was absolute garbage regardless of race. She was flying a DJI Spark which has been out of production for almost three years. I suspect that the event was far from being an accident. That was deliberate harassment of wildlife using an easily sacrificed drone. That was flying which should be prosecuted.

As for the welfare of the alligator, those involved are in no position to give it a clean bill of health. Given the heat generated by damaged lipo batteries, along with the toxicity of lithium, I seriously doubt that the alligator would survive the incident.

--
Regards,
Savageduck