Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 03:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Greatest astronomical innovation
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 10:19 UTC

At the time, over a decade ago, nobody suggested that the satellite tracking along with the Earth around the Sun would account for the written and graphic descriptions that I supplied back then when the partitioning of direct/retrograde motions depending on whether the planets move faster or slower than the moving Earth is accepted without a clear explanation other than what is found in this newsgroup and perhaps other forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uCtot1aDg

The framework itself is important as it changes the role the cyclical return of the stars plays for the calendar system but also how climate research is dependent on the issue Copernicus and Galileo couldn't resolve without that framework.

I never hold people to their deficient views and even the animosity I see today while celebrity theorists improperly explain what was not known to the first Sun-centred astronomers in terms of solar system structure or a better explanation for the seasons and planetary climate.

Instead of directing facile insults at me, people should be proud that they are among the first to see a breakthrough, and goodness knows, that term 'breakthrough' hasn't been used in any meaningful way for so long within the astronomical heritage.