Don't panic.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

SubjectAuthor
* Cranail Valt Thickness in Homolittor...@gmail.com
`* Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
 +- Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
 `* Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homolittor...@gmail.com
  `* Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
   `- Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

<bfec5228-282e-4bcc-a5ae-b5c97b48d7a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10276&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10276

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:06 UTC

Human cranial vault thickness in a contemporary sample of 1097 autopsy cases:
relation to body weight, stature, age, sex and ancestry
Hans De Boer cs 2016 Internat.J.leg.Med.130
doi 10.1007/s00414-016-1324-5

The relation between human CVT & various elements of the physical anthropological biological profile is subject of ongoing discussion:
- some results seem to indicate no correlation between CVT & the biological profile of the individual,
- other results suggest: CVT measurements might be useful for identification purposes.

We assess the correlation between CVT & body weight, stature, age, sex & ancestry:
we review data of 1097 forensic autopsies performed at the NL Forensic Institute (NFI).

In subadults (<19 years at time of death), all frontal, temporal & occipital CVT measurements correlated moderately to strongly with indicators of growth (body Wt, stature, age),
neither sex nor ancestry correlated significantly with CVT.

In adults, body Wt correlated with all CVT measurements,
no meaningful correlation was found between CVT & stature or age.

Females showed to have thicker frontal bones,
the occipital region was thicker in the Negroid subsample.

All correlation in the adult group was weak,
CVT distribution overlapped for a great deal between the groups.

Concl.
CVT generally cannot be used as an indicator for any part of the biological profile.

(thanks, to be expected: google
'coastal sidpsersal Pleistocene Homo PPT,
or see our article
Verhaegen & Munro 2011 J.compar.hum.Biol.62:237-247
"Pachyosteosclerosis suggests archaic Homo frequently collected sessile littoral foods")

_______

Cranial Vault Thickness in the Genus Homo
doi 10.1002/9780470015902.a0027077
Lynn E Copes 2017

CVT has been noted to vary across members of the genus Homo,
- peaking in H.erectus
- declining more recently, e.g.
Hs have been noted to have particularly thin vaulted crania,
but the variation within & between spp has less frequently been investigated.

Cranial vaults are also made up of component layers:
- 2 cortical,
- 1 one trabecular (diploë),
the thickness of these layers may vary independently, or in predictable ways.

The data on variation in CVT in modern Hs & extinct members of the genus Homo are reviewed
+ the hypotheses for the purported hypertrophic vaults in H.erectus, incl.
- interpersonal violence, providing selective pressure for increased CVT,
- bio-mechanical pressures from elongated vault shape,
- allometric scaling,
- mechanical forces from increased mastication,
- systemic increases in growth hormones from exercise.

(incredible: Copes doesn't even mention the biological explanation:
all animals with pachyosteosclerosis are slow+shallow-diving)

Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

<2c9abdb2-2c0f-4eec-9be4-752fe89a0825n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10277&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10277

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:48:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 02:48 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 6:06:27 PM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Human cranial vault thickness in a contemporary sample of 1097 autopsy cases:
> relation to body weight, stature, age, sex and ancestry
> Hans De Boer cs 2016 Internat.J.leg.Med.130
> doi 10.1007/s00414-016-1324-5
>
> The relation between human CVT & various elements of the physical anthropological biological profile is subject of ongoing discussion:
> - some results seem to indicate no correlation between CVT & the biological profile of the individual,
> - other results suggest: CVT measurements might be useful for identification purposes.
>
> We assess the correlation between CVT & body weight, stature, age, sex & ancestry:
> we review data of 1097 forensic autopsies performed at the NL Forensic Institute (NFI).
>
> In subadults (<19 years at time of death), all frontal, temporal & occipital CVT measurements correlated moderately to strongly with indicators of growth (body Wt, stature, age),
> neither sex nor ancestry correlated significantly with CVT.
>
> In adults, body Wt correlated with all CVT measurements,
> no meaningful correlation was found between CVT & stature or age.
>
> Females showed to have thicker frontal bones,
> the occipital region was thicker in the Negroid subsample.
>
> All correlation in the adult group was weak,
> CVT distribution overlapped for a great deal between the groups.
>
> Concl.
> CVT generally cannot be used as an indicator for any part of the biological profile.
>

> (thanks, to be expected: google
> 'coastal sidpsersal Pleistocene Homo PPT,
> or see our article
> Verhaegen & Munro 2011 J.compar.hum.Biol.62:237-247
> "Pachyosteosclerosis suggests archaic Homo frequently collected sessile littoral foods")
>

> _______
>

> Cranial Vault Thickness in the Genus Homo
> doi 10.1002/9780470015902.a0027077
> Lynn E Copes 2017
>
> CVT has been noted to vary across members of the genus Homo,
> - peaking in H.erectus
> - declining more recently, e.g.
> Hs have been noted to have particularly thin vaulted crania,
> but the variation within & between spp has less frequently been investigated.
>
> Cranial vaults are also made up of component layers:
> - 2 cortical,
> - 1 one trabecular (diploë),
> the thickness of these layers may vary independently, or in predictable ways.
>
> The data on variation in CVT in modern Hs & extinct members of the genus Homo are reviewed
> + the hypotheses for the purported hypertrophic vaults in H.erectus, incl..
> - interpersonal violence, providing selective pressure for increased CVT,
> - bio-mechanical pressures from elongated vault shape,
> - allometric scaling,
> - mechanical forces from increased mastication,
> - systemic increases in growth hormones from exercise.
>

> (incredible: Copes doesn't even mention the biological explanation:
> all animals with pachyosteosclerosis are slow+shallow-diving)

MV's amnesia & spelling is progressively worsening.

Parsimony: LECopes ignored the selective advantage gained by a former arboreal biped to a tail-less terrestrial biped in gaining a more efficient gait in obligate habitual orthogrady via deposition of extra bone at the rear of the skull.

Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

<d141f719-962a-4e3f-a732-5ccda209ca25n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10279&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10279

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 02:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 09:07 UTC

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29603578.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16261667983244&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fscience-environment-29603578

Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

<c721b420-1865-40c4-b5fe-6392e949da0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10282&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10282

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:04:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:04 UTC

Op dinsdag 13 juli 2021 om 04:48:54 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> > Human cranial vault thickness in a contemporary sample of 1097 autopsy cases:
> > relation to body weight, stature, age, sex and ancestry
> > Hans De Boer cs 2016 Internat.J.leg.Med.130
> > doi 10.1007/s00414-016-1324-5

> > The relation between human CVT & various elements of the physical anthropological biological profile is subject of ongoing discussion:
> > - some results seem to indicate no correlation between CVT & the biological profile of the individual,
> > - other results suggest: CVT measurements might be useful for identification purposes.
> > We assess the correlation between CVT & body weight, stature, age, sex & ancestry:
> > we review data of 1097 forensic autopsies performed at the NL Forensic Institute (NFI).
> > In subadults (<19 years at time of death), all frontal, temporal & occipital CVT measurements correlated moderately to strongly with indicators of growth (body Wt, stature, age),
> > neither sex nor ancestry correlated significantly with CVT.
> > In adults, body Wt correlated with all CVT measurements,
> > no meaningful correlation was found between CVT & stature or age.
> > Females showed to have thicker frontal bones,
> > the occipital region was thicker in the Negroid subsample.
> > All correlation in the adult group was weak,
> > CVT distribution overlapped for a great deal between the groups.
> > Concl.
> > CVT generally cannot be used as an indicator for any part of the biological profile.

> > (thanks, to be expected: google
> > 'coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo PPT,
> > or see our article
> > Verhaegen & Munro 2011 J.compar.hum.Biol.62:237-247
> > "Pachyosteosclerosis suggests archaic Homo frequently collected sessile littoral foods")

_______

> > Cranial Vault Thickness in the Genus Homo
> > doi 10.1002/9780470015902.a0027077
> > Lynn E Copes 2017

> > CVT has been noted to vary across members of the genus Homo,
> > - peaking in H.erectus
> > - declining more recently, e.g.
> > Hs have been noted to have particularly thin vaulted crania,
> > but the variation within & between spp has less frequently been investigated.
> > Cranial vaults are also made up of component layers:
> > - 2 cortical,
> > - 1 one trabecular (diploë),
> > the thickness of these layers may vary independently, or in predictable ways.
> > The data on variation in CVT in modern Hs & extinct members of the genus Homo are reviewed
> > + the hypotheses for the purported hypertrophic vaults in H.erectus, incl.
> > - interpersonal violence, providing selective pressure for increased CVT,
> > - bio-mechanical pressures from elongated vault shape,
> > - allometric scaling,
> > - mechanical forces from increased mastication,
> > - systemic increases in growth hormones from exercise.

> > (incredible: Copes doesn't even mention the biological explanation:
> > all animals with pachyosteosclerosis are slow+shallow-diving)

> MV's amnesia & spelling is progressively worsening.

Yes.

> Parsimony: LECopes ignored the selective advantage gained by a former arboreal biped

"former arboreal biped"??
are you crazy?
arboreals use FOUR limbs for locomotion

Grow up, DD: only complete idiots deny early apes were vertical waders-climbers:
aquarborealism easily explains hominoid
-vertical spine
-tail loss
-broad sternum + thorax
-flaring ilia
-larger body
-etc.

We already proposed (predicted) aquarboreal hominoids before the wading lowland gorillas were discribed.

> to a tail-less terrestrial biped in gaining a more efficient gait in obligate habitual orthogrady via deposition of extra bone at the rear of the skull.

:-DDD
you're almost as stupid as the kudu runners

Biology, my little boy, biology!

Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

<f8e42bb3-a1f0-47b3-8c9d-acc48745541en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10288&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10288

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:47:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 01:47 UTC

Fraud, mein kleine tochter!

Re: Cranail Valt Thickness in Homo

<55629a81-60f0-4e3f-80ed-71d7d0bb00e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10298&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10298

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:41 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 7:17:20 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op woensdag 14 juli 2021 om 03:47:59 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> > Fraud, mein kleine tochter!
>
> Grow up, little boy: 2 mistakes in 1 little sentence:
> if you want to write German, dn'to be ridiculous.

Zehr kleine tochter nicht Pennsylvania Dutch gespracht.