From: clp...@alumni.caltech.edu (Chris L Peterson)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: American observers upset with Canadian forest fires
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 22:31:55 -0600
 by: Chris L Peterson - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 04:31 UTC

On Sat, 1 Jul 2023 18:54:30 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, 6 June 2023 at 19:36:15 UTC-4, RichA wrote:
>> Makes up for decades of coal smoke from the Ohio Valley drifting up to SE Canada and the American NE.
>
>Prancing libbies cancel fireworks in cities over smoke. As if a day of bad air is going to kill everyone.
>Meanwhile, probably half of the crybabies smoke dope and cigarettes. Go figure.

You are one sick fuck. So much bitterness and hatred.

Re: American observers upset with Canadian forest fires

<ca4f4152-e201-48a3-a42d-617e5298a901n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10306&group=sci.astro.amateur#10306

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 01:25:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 08:25 UTC

Planetary climate is defined by the relationship of daily rotational inclination to the orbital plane. It is this relationship which creates the circumference on Earth that is represented by the Arctic and Antarctic circles.

The closer to the orbital plane the axial inclination is, the more significant the circumference and the faster the changes across latitudes between Solstice and Equinoxes in weather and related effects. Were the Earth to have an 82-degree inclination like Uranus, the Arctic Circle would extend down to many African countries-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8th_parallel_north

In a way, this is like engineering in terms of cause and effect applied to cyclical events. The deficient view held by the first Sun-centred researchers was partly because the framework of Ptolemy introduced a long-term 25,960-year issue when it is really an issue tied closely to the calendar system and the proportion of days/rotations to years/orbital circuits.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: American observers upset with Canadian forest fires