From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: bicycle design victory
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:26:59 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:26 UTC

Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
This from Mr Heine:

https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org

Re: bicycle design victory

<uvuv9i$38gd9$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103181&group=rec.bicycles.tech#103181

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: bicycle design victory
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:38:24 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:38 UTC

On 4/19/2024 4:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
> This from Mr Heine:
>
> https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/

I'm glad _somebody_ is paying attention!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: bicycle design victory

<v005fh$3jcek$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103193&group=rec.bicycles.tech#103193

From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (zen cycle)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 06:30:09 -0400
 by: zen cycle - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 10:30 UTC

On 4/19/2024 4:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
> This from Mr Heine:
>
> https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/

There's a more detailed write up of MVDPs bike here:
https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-paris-roubaix-winners-bike/

There's also a link on that page to a Roubaix tech gallery, but it seems
Cyclingnews has recently adopted a subscription model and they only
allow one free article (bastards!)

The One Bike paradigm does seem to be gaining momentum though. ENVE has
jumped into the Fray...literally

https://enve.com/products/fray

Ad copy from that page:

"OPTIMIZED FOR ALL ROADS
The Fray geometry is optimized around 31 to 35mm tires, though it can
fit up to 40mm. Combined with progressive endurance geometry and the
ENVE Cargo Bay for in-frame downtube storage, the Fray brings road race
performance to those seeking a wider range of surfaces and terrain."

Sadly for Frank though - no pannier mounts :(

Oddly though, they are only offering it as a frameset - even retailers
are _not_ selling complete bikes. MSRP $4400

Re: bicycle design victory

<v00nea$3o1c5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103201&group=rec.bicycles.tech#103201

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:36:42 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:36 UTC

On 4/20/2024 6:30 AM, zen cycle wrote:
> On 4/19/2024 4:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>> Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
>> This from Mr Heine:
>>
>> https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/
>
> There's a more detailed write up of MVDPs bike here:
> https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-paris-roubaix-winners-bike/
>
> There's also a link on that page to a Roubaix tech gallery, but it seems
> Cyclingnews has recently adopted a subscription model and they only
> allow one free article (bastards!)
>
> The One Bike paradigm does seem to be gaining momentum though. ENVE has
> jumped into the Fray...literally
>
> https://enve.com/products/fray
>
> Ad copy from that page:
>
> "OPTIMIZED FOR ALL ROADS
> The Fray geometry is optimized around 31 to 35mm tires, though it can
> fit up to 40mm. Combined with progressive endurance geometry and the
> ENVE Cargo Bay for in-frame downtube storage, the Fray brings road race
> performance to those seeking a wider range of surfaces and terrain."
>
> Sadly for Frank though - no pannier mounts :(

Pity! Why leave them off?

While I approve of the trend (is it a trend?) ISTM "Optimized for all
roads" is an oxymoron.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: bicycle design victory

<v00nsi$3jcek$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103206&group=rec.bicycles.tech#103206

From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (zen cycle)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:44:18 -0400
 by: zen cycle - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:44 UTC

On 4/20/2024 11:36 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 4/20/2024 6:30 AM, zen cycle wrote:
>> On 4/19/2024 4:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>>> Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
>>> This from Mr Heine:
>>>
>>> https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/
>>
>> There's a more detailed write up of MVDPs bike here:
>> https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-paris-roubaix-winners-bike/
>>
>> There's also a link on that page to a Roubaix tech gallery, but it
>> seems Cyclingnews has recently adopted a subscription model and they
>> only allow one free article (bastards!)
>>
>> The One Bike paradigm does seem to be gaining momentum though. ENVE
>> has jumped into the Fray...literally
>>
>> https://enve.com/products/fray
>>
>> Ad copy from that page:
>>
>> "OPTIMIZED FOR ALL ROADS
>> The Fray geometry is optimized around 31 to 35mm tires, though it can
>> fit up to 40mm. Combined with progressive endurance geometry and the
>> ENVE Cargo Bay for in-frame downtube storage, the Fray brings road
>> race performance to those seeking a wider range of surfaces and terrain."
>>
>> Sadly for Frank though - no pannier mounts :(
>
> Pity! Why leave them off?
>
> While I approve of the trend (is it a trend?) ISTM "Optimized for all
> roads" is an oxymoron.

Yes, but 'compromised' isn't a very effective marketing term

Re: bicycle design victory

<Es6VN.586637$jO2.309610@fx10.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103248&group=rec.bicycles.tech#103248

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 11:08:20 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 11:08 UTC

zen cycle <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/2024 4:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>> Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
>> This from Mr Heine:
>>
>> https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/
>
> There's a more detailed write up of MVDPs bike here:
> https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-paris-roubaix-winners-bike/
>
> There's also a link on that page to a Roubaix tech gallery, but it seems
> Cyclingnews has recently adopted a subscription model and they only
> allow one free article (bastards!)
>
> The One Bike paradigm does seem to be gaining momentum though. ENVE has
> jumped into the Fray...literally
>
> https://enve.com/products/fray
>
> Ad copy from that page:
>
> "OPTIMIZED FOR ALL ROADS
> The Fray geometry is optimized around 31 to 35mm tires, though it can
> fit up to 40mm. Combined with progressive endurance geometry and the
> ENVE Cargo Bay for in-frame downtube storage, the Fray brings road race
> performance to those seeking a wider range of surfaces and terrain."
>
> Sadly for Frank though - no pannier mounts :(
>
> Oddly though, they are only offering it as a frameset - even retailers
> are _not_ selling complete bikes. MSRP $4400

Is two videos up from David Arthur and Ben Delaney reviewing said bike/ride
to Sea Otter organised by Enve.

https://youtu.be/aayVkc9PRI0?si=LQUq2fCkFJLWIUQj

https://youtu.be/ynr6Y4bJLng?si=MbUQYwoaHImJE10b

Also get to see how terribly Tom’s area is…

Roger Merriman

Re: bicycle design victory

<v035dc$aolm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103252&group=rec.bicycles.tech#103252

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 08:47:24 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 13:47 UTC

On 4/21/2024 6:08 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
> zen cycle <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/19/2024 4:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
>>> Mr Krygowski spoke, the pros listened and the world changed.
>>> This from Mr Heine:
>>>
>>> https://www.renehersecycles.com/paris-roubaix-one-bike-for-everything/
>>
>> There's a more detailed write up of MVDPs bike here:
>> https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-paris-roubaix-winners-bike/
>>
>> There's also a link on that page to a Roubaix tech gallery, but it seems
>> Cyclingnews has recently adopted a subscription model and they only
>> allow one free article (bastards!)
>>
>> The One Bike paradigm does seem to be gaining momentum though. ENVE has
>> jumped into the Fray...literally
>>
>> https://enve.com/products/fray
>>
>> Ad copy from that page:
>>
>> "OPTIMIZED FOR ALL ROADS
>> The Fray geometry is optimized around 31 to 35mm tires, though it can
>> fit up to 40mm. Combined with progressive endurance geometry and the
>> ENVE Cargo Bay for in-frame downtube storage, the Fray brings road race
>> performance to those seeking a wider range of surfaces and terrain."
>>
>> Sadly for Frank though - no pannier mounts :(
>>
>> Oddly though, they are only offering it as a frameset - even retailers
>> are _not_ selling complete bikes. MSRP $4400
>>

> Is two videos up from David Arthur and Ben Delaney reviewing said bike/ride
> to Sea Otter organised by Enve.
>
> https://youtu.be/aayVkc9PRI0?si=LQUq2fCkFJLWIUQj
>
> https://youtu.be/ynr6Y4bJLng?si=MbUQYwoaHImJE10b
>
> Also get to see how terribly Tom’s area is…
>
> Roger Merriman

San Francisco to Monterey is south out of the city. Oakland
is not only very different, it's NW across the bay.