You will not censor me through bug terrorism. -- James Troup

tech / sci.electronics.design / WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to Bete

SubjectAuthor
* WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronala a
`* Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejeDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
 `* Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, aa a
  `- Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejeDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

1
WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to Bete

<e6c8628e-402b-4c90-ab74-edca97da81e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103642&group=sci.electronics.design#103642

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 05:57:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 12:57 UTC

WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to Betegeuse: an SME, or "surface mass ejection."

Above: An artist's concept of the SME on Betelgeuse. Credit: Elizabeth Wheatley (STScI)

NASA astronomers believe that in 2019 a colossal piece of Betelgeuse's surface blew off the star. The mass of the SME was 400 billion times greater than a CME. Data from multiple telescopes, especially Hubble, suggest that a convective plume more than a million miles across bubbled up from deep inside the star, producing shocks and pulsations that blasted a chunk off the surface.

"We've never before seen such a huge mass ejection from the surface of a star," says Andrea Dupree of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, who is leading the study. "Something is going on that we don't completely understand.

After it left the star, the SME cooled, forming a dark cloud that famously dimmed Betelgeuse in 2019 and 2020. Even casual sky watchers could look up and see the change.

Above: A Hubble image of Betelgeuse located in the upper left shoulder of Orion.

Most amazing of all is the change in Betelgeuse's regular 430-day pulsation.. Astronomers have long known that Betelgeuse is a variable star; its metronome-like change in brightness has been observed for more than 200 years. Now it's gone; the regular pulsations have stopped. This attests to the ferocity of the blowout.

Betelgeuse is so large that if it replaced the sun at the center of our solar system, its outer surface would extend past Jupiter. Dupree used Hubble to resolve hot spots on the star's surface in 1996. This was the first direct image of a star other than the sun.

What's happening now "is a totally new phenomenon that we can observe directly and resolve surface details with Hubble," says Dupree. "We're watching stellar evolution in real time."

https://www.spaceweather.com/

Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to Bete

<td5rnf$di8$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103655&group=sci.electronics.design#103655

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to Bete
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:30:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:30 UTC

a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in news:e6c8628e-402b-4c90-ab74-
edca97da81e7n@googlegroups.com:

> WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE?

Everything you post is days late, child.

You clutter up the group with your late nonsense.

Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to

<6f7b3158-b088-4eb2-bdfa-04fe0def439cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103673&group=sci.electronics.design#103673

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 12:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 19:14 UTC

On Friday, 12 August 2022 at 17:31:02 UTC+2, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> a a <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in news:e6c8628e-402b-4c90-ab74-
> edca97...@googlegroups.com:
> > WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE?
> Everything you post is days late, child.
>
> You clutter up the group with your late nonsense.
your nonsense is your nonsense

We build theory behind
1-month/1-year Short Term Climate Changes,
called 2022 Saunas

due to fluctuations in solar activity
due to coronary mass ejections directed to the Earth

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/climate-risks-dwarf-europes-energy-crisis-space-chief-warns-2022-08-11/

https://www.spaceweather.com/

Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to

<tdcoju$14os$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=103869&group=sci.electronics.design#103869

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO BETELGEUSE? You've heard of a CME, a "coronal mass ejection." They happen all the time. A piece of the sun's tenuous outer atmosphere (corona) blows off and sometimes hits Earth. Something far more terrible just happened to
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:20:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:20 UTC

a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in news:6f7b3158-b088-4eb2-bdfa-
04fe0def439cn@googlegroups.com:

> We build theory behind

You are an idiot. Betelgeuse has nothing to do with Earth's climate
conditions. You are a group invading mental case. Days late with your
re-posting of old news.

You think it makes you feel important, but that feeling you are
having is your high level of impotence. Especially as it relates to
the group's topic.

Essentially the only way you could be any more stupid would be to
have your head stuffed up Donald Trump's fat criminal ass.