From: ab_no...@net.com (AB)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: India could become a force in space activities, if not for China
and Pakistan
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:13:33 -0400
 by: AB - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 14:13 UTC

On 8/6/23 10:10 PM, RichA wrote:
> The cost they launched the moon probe for was a fraction of what the Americans, Europeans, even the Russians could do it for. Even if it fails to work or land, they've gotten a good deal of the project done. Now, private firms would jump at the chance to be able to launch satellites at a much cheaper price. But India is forced to spend a lot of its GDP on armaments because of their enmity with Pakistan and China. Not like America which under the current government can keep printing money like a larger version of Argentina or Germany post WW1.

The US economy has been in trouble for quite some time. However, once
the economic collapse occurs, it will be like the domino effect with
other areas of the world following suit.

At some point in the not too distant future, no one will be going into
space because there will be no money to do so, so whatever advancements
can be made need to be done now. Not sure how much or little it will
matter in the long run, however.

Eventually, a barter type system will be in place worldwide. Initially,
this will not go over very well for many areas of the world, but it will
force people to work together, and might actually force human beings
into caring for one another again. The current states of greed,
corruption, selfishness will be replaced by love, compassion, and
healing. How this transition is managed over the next couple of hundred
years is key. Unless things radically change worldwide now, there are
many rough bumps on the way leading to the eventual transition.