Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:09:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Thomas Hales flunked the Math Test of a lifetime-generation test
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 05:09 UTC

Earle Jones making fun of Dr. Hales, too ignorant to admit slant cut in single cone is a Oval, never the ellipse.

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 11:56:17 PM UTC-5, Earle Jones wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Have you ever considered that you might be wrong? Is that possible?
>
> What if someone came along with a definition of "conic section" and
> showed that the ellipse is in fact a conic section.
>
> Could you handle it?
>
> Later, I will post the definition of "conic section" and show how to
> define each one.
>
> It is not that difficult. A conic section is the solution of two
> simultaneous equations: One of the cone and one of the plane.
>
> More later and thanks,
>
> earle
> *

Say it a million times that you hate the guts of AP, no-one cares for everyone knows except Earle Jones that he slipped into insanity a long long time ago.

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 9:00:31 PM UTC-5, Earle Jones wrote:
> *
> So one of your 140 published (?) books (?) "proves" the slant cut is an oval.
>
> One who knows anythiing about mathematics knows that we do not prove anything in math by dropping Mason jar lids into folded "waxy" magazine covers.
>
> Try this:
> 1. Write the equation (in three space) of a cone.
> 2. Write the equation (in three space) of a plane.
> 3. Now (if you can) solve the two equations simultaneously.
>
> Note: The solution to the two equations will be the locus of all points common to both the cone and the plane.
> (That, by the way, is the definition of a conic section.)
>
> Try different orientations of the plane and you will come up with the equations of:
>
> 1. circle
> 2. ellipse
> 3. parabola
> 4. hyperbola
>
> Take a look at: https://tinyurl.com/y4zh975c
>
> If you have a problem with this, find yourself a smart high-school student who may be able to explain it to you.
>
> earle
> *

AP writes: yes, is that why Dr. Hales can never do a geometry proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, for he is too stupid in geometry to distinguish what is a oval and what is a ellipse.