"Pok pok pok, P'kok!" -- Superchicken

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

SubjectAuthor
* Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can helpa a
+* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tJohn Larkin
|+* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which cana a
||`* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tjlarkin
|| `* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which canrbowman
||  +- Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which canFred Bloggs
||  `- Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tjlarkin
|`* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
| `- Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tjlarkin
+* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which canFred Bloggs
|`* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
| `* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which canFred Bloggs
|  `- Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
`* Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants tjlarkin
 `- Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which canFred Bloggs

1
Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<c8971873-e289-4a16-9bbc-14029eb3fac3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105601&group=sci.electronics.design#105601

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help
plants thrive.
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 21:08 UTC

Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

"We humans have a complete misunderstanding of human waste," he says. It's a great fertiliser, full of nutrients. "So why waste it, when I can use it to grow my fruit trees?"

A faraway rainforest ranch seems a fitting place to compost poo, but these excrement-recycling ideas stretch far beyond. From farms to off-the-grid communities and from small eco-villages to big cities, there is a growing movement to put the metabolic output – more commonly referred to as excrement – of our bodies to good use, rather than simply trying our best to destroy it.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220830-the-new-science-of-recycling-human-poo

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<53ukhh15lvnglk07qjjrmi4h1lpg6kppno@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105616&group=sci.electronics.design#105616

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 16:20:54 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:20 UTC

On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

Humans, and even farm animals, don't excrete enough nitrogen compounds
to usefully fertilize modern agriculture, which feeds the world.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<894ebeca-047a-4a61-a663-656fedcd313cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105617&group=sci.electronics.design#105617

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:24:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can
help plants thrive.
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:24 UTC

On Friday, 9 September 2022 at 01:21:04 UTC+2, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT), a a <mant...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.
> Humans, and even farm animals, don't excrete enough nitrogen compounds
> to usefully fertilize modern agriculture, which feeds the world.
he means human waste based organic farming

"There are several reasons for that. Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive. Composting rather than flushing it also brings down water use – a smart move in the era of climate change and water shortages. Applying it to land also reduces the need for synthetic fertilisers, which can wash away from fields into rivers and lakes and which require fossil fuels to make. (The Haber-Bosch process to synthesise the nitrogen-rich fertiliser ammonia requires temperatures of 400-650C (752-1,202F) and extremely high pressure, which can only be reached with the use of fossil fuels. The process leads to around 1.8% of global CO2 emissions.)

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<00386016-9bf6-4819-96e3-5351369dff7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105620&group=sci.electronics.design#105620

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 17:32:17 -0700 (PDT)
help plants thrive.
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 00:32 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 5:09:04 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.
>

> "We humans have a complete misunderstanding of human waste," he says. It's a great fertiliser, full of nutrients. "So why waste it, when I can use it to grow my fruit trees?"
>
> A faraway rainforest ranch seems a fitting place to compost poo, but these excrement-recycling ideas stretch far beyond. From farms to off-the-grid communities and from small eco-villages to big cities, there is a growing movement to put the metabolic output – more commonly referred to as excrement – of our bodies to good use, rather than simply trying our best to destroy it.
>

> https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220830-the-new-science-of-recycling-human-poo

So the idea is that since you're first hearing about it, in this sad excuse for a newspaper article written mainly for entertainment purposes, the rest of the world must be completely oblivious to it?

Biosolid fertilizers have been going strong for over 100 years!
https://www.epa.gov/biosolids/basic-information-about-biosolids
In U.S. you can buy prepackaged dry fertilizer derived from sewage, like Milorganite, which has been going for nearly 100 years:
https://www.milorganite.com/using-milorganite/what-is-milorganite
It's available almost everywhere.

About Us

One of the oldest recycling efforts in the country
Since 1926, 10 billion lbs. of waste has been diverted from landfills
A natural by-product of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District Treatment process
Guided by environmental stewardship

And quite a bit of the nitrogen rich contaminant poisoning large bodies of water is agricultural runoff.
https://www.agri-pulse.com/articles/18047-most-afos-in-western-lake-erie-basin-unpermitted-report-finds

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<lo8lhht2hc6cgktd7gie5sghcqj9ruip7p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105621&group=sci.electronics.design#105621

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 19:38:35 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 02:38 UTC

On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:24:36 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Friday, 9 September 2022 at 01:21:04 UTC+2, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT), a a <mant...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.
>> Humans, and even farm animals, don't excrete enough nitrogen compounds
>> to usefully fertilize modern agriculture, which feeds the world.
>he means human waste based organic farming
>

>"There are several reasons for that. Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive. Composting rather than flushing it also brings down water use – a smart move in the era of climate change and water shortages. Applying it to land also reduces the need for synthetic fertilisers, which can wash away from fields into rivers and lakes and which require fossil fuels to make. (The Haber-Bosch process to synthesise the nitrogen-rich fertiliser ammonia requires temperatures of 400-650C (752-1,202F) and extremely high pressure, which can only be reached with the use of fossil fuels. The process leads to around 1.8% of global CO2 emissions.)

World production of ammonia is about 235 megatons per year, and most
goes to make fertilizer.

Human waste is ok for backyard rose gardens and very small farms, but
it doesn't contain much nitrogen. A human excretes about 6 Kg of fixed
nitrogen per year, 90% of that in urine.

Gotta do the numbers.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<jo02u3FefdrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105631&group=sci.electronics.design#105631

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
help plants thrive.
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:57:19 -0600
 by: rbowman - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 05:57 UTC

On 09/08/2022 08:38 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:24:36 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 9 September 2022 at 01:21:04 UTC+2, John Larkin wrote:
>>> Humans, and even farm animals, don't excrete enough nitrogen compounds
>>> to usefully fertilize modern agriculture, which feeds the world.
>> he means human waste based organic farming
>>

>> "There are several reasons for that. Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive. Composting rather than flushing it also brings down water use – a smart move in the era of climate change and water shortages. Applying it to land also reduces the need for synthetic fertilisers, which can wash away from fields into rivers and lakes and which require fossil fuels to make. (The Haber-Bosch process to synthesise the nitrogen-rich fertiliser ammonia requires temperatures of 400-650C (752-1,202F) and extremely high pressure, which can only be reached with the use of fossil fuels. The process leads to around 1.8% of global CO2 emissions.)
>
> World production of ammonia is about 235 megatons per year, and most
> goes to make fertilizer.
>
> Human waste is ok for backyard rose gardens and very small farms, but
> it doesn't contain much nitrogen. A human excretes about 6 Kg of fixed
> nitrogen per year, 90% of that in urine.
>
> Gotta do the numbers.

https://phys.org/news/2022-09-dead-fish-piling-san-francisco.html

"White noted that treating the water for nutrients would cost billions
of dollars. Water districts are currently funding studies to understand
the effects of nutrients that have been present in the water since
people settled in the area, she said. "The goal is to make the
appropriate regulations based on sound science."

The paragraph is almost a non sequitur and the current population of the
Bay area dumping nutrients is a little larger than when the first people
settled in the area. Of course, global warming was the first to be
blamed, not the billions that haven't been spent upgrading the waste
water treatment facilities.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<cd843a40-623b-4618-9728-98cc12c00ae7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105649&group=sci.electronics.design#105649

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
help plants thrive.
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 13:19 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 1:57:32 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
> On 09/08/2022 08:38 PM, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:24:36 -0700 (PDT), a a <mant...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> he means human waste based organic farming
> >>

> >> "There are several reasons for that. Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive. Composting rather than flushing it also brings down water use – a smart move in the era of climate change and water shortages. Applying it to land also reduces the need for synthetic fertilisers, which can wash away from fields into rivers and lakes and which require fossil fuels to make. (The Haber-Bosch process to synthesise the nitrogen-rich fertiliser ammonia requires temperatures of 400-650C (752-1,202F) and extremely high pressure, which can only be reached with the use of fossil fuels. The process leads to around 1.8% of global CO2 emissions.)
> >
> > World production of ammonia is about 235 megatons per year, and most
> > goes to make fertilizer.
> >
> > Human waste is ok for backyard rose gardens and very small farms, but
> > it doesn't contain much nitrogen. A human excretes about 6 Kg of fixed
> > nitrogen per year, 90% of that in urine.
> >
> > Gotta do the numbers.
> >
> https://phys.org/news/2022-09-dead-fish-piling-san-francisco.html
>
> "White noted that treating the water for nutrients would cost billions
> of dollars. Water districts are currently funding studies to understand
> the effects of nutrients that have been present in the water since
> people settled in the area, she said. "The goal is to make the
> appropriate regulations based on sound science."
>
> The paragraph is almost a non sequitur and the current population of the
> Bay area dumping nutrients is a little larger than when the first people
> settled in the area. Of course, global warming was the first to be
> blamed, not the billions that haven't been spent upgrading the waste
> water treatment facilities.

They do have a point. You can't just spend billions in a kneejerk reaction to a guess. The wastewater treatment nationwide is probably many trillions behind the curve. And it's not just coastal cities that are a problem, it's everyone living on the continent because everything ends up in the ocean eventually. Apparently this heterosigma akashiwo is very difficult to study, and it's well beyond the capability to be expected of water treatment authorities. There are various grades of water treatment. There is the premium operation that is bottled as spring water, and the economy version which is discharge of raw sewage into the most conveniently located body of water. And then there is everything in between.
https://coastalscience.noaa.gov/project/toxicity-toxic-alga-heterosigma-akashiwo-puget-sound/

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<tffi85$1tck$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105652&group=sci.electronics.design#105652

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:23:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:23 UTC

a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in news:c8971873-e289-4a16-9bbc-
14029eb3fac3n@googlegroups.com:

> Our poo

Somebody should find you and bury you in a pile of it up to your
neck. Oh wait... you would mix with it because you are shit too!

I found a picture of you though, Chet.

<https://youtu.be/YIYJpbAK6MY>

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<tffigp$1tck$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105654&group=sci.electronics.design#105654

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:27:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:27 UTC

John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can
>>help plants thrive.
>
> Humans, and even farm animals, don't excrete enough nitrogen
> compounds to usefully fertilize modern agriculture, which feeds
> the world.

Yeah, ya dopey dipshit. That is why fertilizers are a mix of
ingredients.

Your brain got fertilized, but not the way you will obviously think
it has.

Damn, you are one stupid shit.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<tffij7$1tck$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105655&group=sci.electronics.design#105655

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:28:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:28 UTC

Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote in

> So the idea is that since you're first hearing about it, in this
> sad excuse for a newspaper article written mainly for
> entertainment purposes, the rest of the world must be completely
> oblivious to it?

The group's new newsboy wannabe is one really stupid fuck, isn't he?

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<q4lmhhde8h504l73gs9kc43etbv8923lgn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105665&group=sci.electronics.design#105665

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 07:59:15 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:59 UTC

On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:57:19 -0600, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:

>On 09/08/2022 08:38 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:24:36 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> he means human waste based organic farming
>>>

>>> "There are several reasons for that. Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive. Composting rather than flushing it also brings down water use – a smart move in the era of climate change and water shortages. Applying it to land also reduces the need for synthetic fertilisers, which can wash away from fields into rivers and lakes and which require fossil fuels to make. (The Haber-Bosch process to synthesise the nitrogen-rich fertiliser ammonia requires temperatures of 400-650C (752-1,202F) and extremely high pressure, which can only be reached with the use of fossil fuels. The process leads to around 1.8% of global CO2 emissions.)
>>
>> World production of ammonia is about 235 megatons per year, and most
>> goes to make fertilizer.
>>
>> Human waste is ok for backyard rose gardens and very small farms, but
>> it doesn't contain much nitrogen. A human excretes about 6 Kg of fixed
>> nitrogen per year, 90% of that in urine.
>>
>> Gotta do the numbers.
>>

>https://phys.org/news/2022-09-dead-fish-piling-san-francisco.html
>
>"White noted that treating the water for nutrients would cost billions
>of dollars. Water districts are currently funding studies to understand
>the effects of nutrients that have been present in the water since
>people settled in the area, she said. "The goal is to make the
>appropriate regulations based on sound science."

That would be novel.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<i8lmhh5qn64a7erq7nr1ntvlepfc3crkhq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105666&group=sci.electronics.design#105666

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 08:01:48 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 15:01 UTC

On Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:27:37 -0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can
>>>help plants thrive.
>>
>> Humans, and even farm animals, don't excrete enough nitrogen
>> compounds to usefully fertilize modern agriculture, which feeds
>> the world.
>>

> Yeah, ya dopey dipshit. That is why fertilizers are a mix of
>ingredients.
>
> Your brain got fertilized, but not the way you will obviously think
>it has.
>
> Damn, you are one stupid shit.

By all means don't let math bother your tiny head. It never has
before.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<t4mmhhpnpoa35q3edu48n1i92tjcces98d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105667&group=sci.electronics.design#105667

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 08:15:58 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 15:15 UTC

wrote:

>Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.
>

>"We humans have a complete misunderstanding of human waste," he says. It's a great fertiliser, full of nutrients. "So why waste it, when I can use it to grow my fruit trees?"
>
>A faraway rainforest ranch seems a fitting place to compost poo, but these excrement-recycling ideas stretch far beyond. From farms to off-the-grid communities and from small eco-villages to big cities, there is a growing movement to put the metabolic output – more commonly referred to as excrement – of our bodies to good use, rather than simply trying our best to destroy it.
>

>https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220830-the-new-science-of-recycling-human-poo

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/fertiliser-ban-decimates-sri-lankan-crops-government-popularity-ebbs-2022-03-03/

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<9c4b7a64-a2be-4db4-83e2-0009cb52f4f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105673&group=sci.electronics.design#105673

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 10:31:29 -0700 (PDT)
help plants thrive.
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:31 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 11:16:06 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:08:59 -0700 (PDT), a a <mant...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.
> >

> >"We humans have a complete misunderstanding of human waste," he says. It's a great fertiliser, full of nutrients. "So why waste it, when I can use it to grow my fruit trees?"
> >
> >A faraway rainforest ranch seems a fitting place to compost poo, but these excrement-recycling ideas stretch far beyond. From farms to off-the-grid communities and from small eco-villages to big cities, there is a growing movement to put the metabolic output – more commonly referred to as excrement – of our bodies to good use, rather than simply trying our best to destroy it.
> >

> >https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220830-the-new-science-of-recycling-human-poo
> https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/fertiliser-ban-decimates-sri-lankan-crops-government-popularity-ebbs-2022-03-03/

Here's the rest of the story:
https://www.triplepundit.com/story/2022/sri-lanka-organic-farming/749486
which as far as I can tell is an accurate assessment. I thought the government there was more intelligent than that, but politicians will be politicians.
And it not just a fertilizer ban, it was a fertilizer and pesticide ban. The ban was in response to fatal kidney disease of epidemic proportions ( epidemic meaning at significantly higher incidence than what is considered normal) clustered in the agricultural areas.
The etiology of disease is still uncertain but what goes around comes around- around to U.S. too.
Here's a quick read synopsis of some findings:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/05/190508185839.htm
Dunno how dated that is and not going to delve into.
They do have a point about the heat because dehydration causes plasma concentrations of potential toxin to increase and thereby become toxic, whereas without concentration they were relatively innocuous. The poison is in the dose- as they say (whoever 'they' are).

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<ced65068-ddde-46f6-8a35-c7784bb08d05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105674&group=sci.electronics.design#105674

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 10:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
help plants thrive.
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:32 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 10:29:02 AM UTC-4, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > So the idea is that since you're first hearing about it, in this
> > sad excuse for a newspaper article written mainly for
> > entertainment purposes, the rest of the world must be completely
> > oblivious to it?
> >
> The group's new newsboy wannabe is one really stupid fuck, isn't he?

Then he links to authoritative links that contradict his argument...not the brightest.

Re: Our poo is indeed a potent, nutrient-rich fertiliser which can help plants thrive.

<tfgoqn$jj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=105703&group=sci.electronics.design#105703

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 01:21:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 01:21 UTC

> On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 10:29:02 AM UTC-4,
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>> Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> > So the idea is that since you're first hearing about it, in
>> > this sad excuse for a newspaper article written mainly for
>> > entertainment purposes, the rest of the world must be
>> > completely oblivious to it?
>> >
>> The group's new newsboy wannabe is one really stupid fuck, isn't
>> he?
>
> Then he links to authoritative links that contradict his
> argument...not the brightest.

I hope I start doing electronic work with my old boss again soon.