Successful and fortunate crime is called virtue. -- Seneca

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

SubjectAuthor
* Galactic orientation of the solar systemGerald Kelleher
+* Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemMikko
|`* Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemGerald Kelleher
| `* Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemMikko
|  `* Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemGerald Kelleher
|   `* Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemMikko
|    `- Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemGerald Kelleher
`* Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systempalsing
 `- Re: Galactic orientation of the solar systemGerald Kelleher

1
Galactic orientation of the solar system

<faee0ead-3a88-4f7c-bbca-f150513c691cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10569&group=sci.astro.amateur#10569

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 00:08:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Galactic orientation of the solar system
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 07:08 UTC

The axiom that planets closer to the Sun move faster also applies to individual planetary motion as planets vary their speed at different times during their orbit.

In a heliostatic or solar system framework where the Sun is central to planetary orbits, the attention is towards the arrangement and dynamics where the planets move in a circular motion while the Sun is stationary to those motions.

On a galactic scale, the Sun and the planets also move in one direction around the galactic centre so the signature of this motion is that the planets move in alternative directions to the galactic motion, the Sun moves in one direction only.

It is an attractive realisation that Kepler's demonstration of variable orbital speeds of individual planets is, with the benefit of galactic structure, a signature of the solar system's galactic orbital motion.

The Earth moves slowest at aphelion so a line drawn from that point through the central Sun and on to the direction of our fellow companion stars indicates the forward direction of the solar system while at perihelion, it points in the direction of the trailing stars-

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

I practice these observations, interpretations and conclusions at the same level as the first heliostatic researchers and generally leave the dynamic causes to theorists even when they paint themselves into a corner. Normally, conclusions drawn from observations would incentivise theorists to revise their perspectives but this doesn't happen because of historical prejudices which serve nobody.

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<ucupqi$bgc4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10570&group=sci.astro.amateur#10570

From: mikko.le...@iki.fi (Mikko)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 10:56:02 +0300
 by: Mikko - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 07:56 UTC

On 2023-09-02 07:08:48 +0000, Gerald Kelleher said:

> The Earth moves slowest at aphelion so a line drawn from that point
> through the central Sun and on to the direction of our fellow companion
> stars indicates the forward direction of the solar system

That direction is nearly perpendicular to the direction of Sun's galactic
motion and points away from the centre of Milky Way.

Mikko

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<7a6a6b8c-1b53-4086-b905-93bdee09f2bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10571&group=sci.astro.amateur#10571

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 02:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:24 UTC

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:56:05 AM UTC+1, Mikko wrote:
> On 2023-09-02 07:08:48 +0000, Gerald Kelleher said:
>
> > The Earth moves slowest at aphelion so a line drawn from that point
> > through the central Sun and on to the direction of our fellow companion
> > stars indicates the forward direction of the solar system
> That direction is nearly perpendicular to the direction of Sun's galactic
> motion and points away from the centre of Milky Way.
>
> Mikko

There are two issues in operation here, the movement of the entire solar system in one direction in space as a function of galactic orbital motion and separately the movement of individual components such as the Sun moving in one direction while the planets move in alternative directions.

The circular motion of the planets can be attributed to local solar system structure with the Sun as the main driver and, to a certain extent, this extends into variable orbital speeds of planets, however, the variation is the Sun's forward motion in one direction as a function of its galactic orbital motion affects the distances from planets to the Sun hence the axiom that planets closer to the Sun move faster and from there into variable orbital speed.

I deal with the direction of the solar system as a property of observations, interpretations and conclusions while leaving the dynamic causes open. In this respect, it is somewhat easy to say that the solar system's galactic orbital direction to the orbital plane is perpendicular to the line drawn from the galactic centre to the Sun, however, the more complicate perspective is new, more productive and allows for more creative perspectives.

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<ucv2j9$coav$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10572&group=sci.astro.amateur#10572

From: mikko.le...@iki.fi (Mikko)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 13:25:45 +0300
 by: Mikko - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 10:25 UTC

On 2023-09-02 09:24:04 +0000, Gerald Kelleher said:

> There are two issues in operation here, the movement of the entire
> solar system in one direction in space as a function of galactic
> orbital motion and separately the movement of individual components
> such as the Sun moving in one direction while the planets move in
> alternative directions.

There is no great difference between the motion of the Solar system And
the motion of Sun. Sun only moves slowly and never very far from the
centre of
the Solar system. No great error is made if the motions of Sun and Solar
system is regarded as the same.

The caim that Sun moves almost directly away from the centre of Milky Way
is very far from truth.

Mikko

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<9ba25175-19be-4ffd-ba44-adffc2aacef8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10573&group=sci.astro.amateur#10573

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 04:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 11:10 UTC

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 11:25:49 AM UTC+1, Mikko wrote:
> On 2023-09-02 09:24:04 +0000, Gerald Kelleher said:
>
> > There are two issues in operation here, the movement of the entire
> > solar system in one direction in space as a function of galactic
> > orbital motion and separately the movement of individual components
> > such as the Sun moving in one direction while the planets move in
> > alternative directions.
> There is no great difference between the motion of the Solar system And
> the motion of Sun. Sun only moves slowly and never very far from the
> centre of
> the Solar system. No great error is made if the motions of Sun and Solar
> system is regarded as the same.
>
> The caim that Sun moves almost directly away from the centre of Milky Way
> is very far from truth.
>
> Mikko

When I encounter readers who become lost very quickly or place words in my mouth that are never intended, it is better to withdraw to an individual perspective as is the case here.

The Sun moves in a forward direction at a provisional speed of 200 km/sec as a function of the solar system's galactic orbital motion whereas the Earth moves partly with the Sun in that motion and partly in the opposite direction so there will naturally be a lesser speed of the Earth in terms of our galactic orbital motion as a component of the solar system. The reference for variable planetary orbital speed is the solar system's galactic orbital motion along with the axiom that the closer to the Sun a planet is the faster it moves within the context of the planets together and individually as a separate issue. Mercury moves faster than Venus, Venus faster than the Earth and so on, however, individual planets move faster and slower within their own orbits with an underlying cause. This is why I leave the issue open in terms of dynamical causes while working on observations, interpretation and conclusions as a separate module.

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<ucv9r8$doss$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10574&group=sci.astro.amateur#10574

From: mikko.le...@iki.fi (Mikko)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 15:29:28 +0300
 by: Mikko - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 12:29 UTC

On 2023-09-02 11:10:55 +0000, Gerald Kelleher said:

> When I encounter readers who [...] place words in my mouth ...

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said that

> The Earth moves slowest at aphelion so a line drawn from that point
> through the central Sun and on to the direction of our fellow companion
> stars indicates the forward direction of the solar system while at
> perihelion

but that is very far from true motions of Sun and planets.

Mikko

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<3bd0df00-168f-442d-8fc5-587a3bc79fe3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10575&group=sci.astro.amateur#10575

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 06:01:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 13:01 UTC

Give me a year's observations and I can identify every planet by its motion as it comes within range of the camera. The exception is Mars and Jupiter who do not show up every year because of physical considerations-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQSmFbh64QQ

Amazing comets and sungrazers, marvellous CME's along with the way planets are identified by the way they move as seen from a moving Earth.

The more advanced perspective is identifying the direction of the solar system's galactic orbital motion and position relative to the centre.

There is a multitude of different approaches to the observations, interpretations and conclusions drawn from this framework made possible by a tracking satellite ignored by people who consider themselves researchers yet have not grasped what is in front of them.

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<d66ed528-d4da-4dfb-bb8d-a563b104bed1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10577&group=sci.astro.amateur#10577

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 18:59:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:59 UTC

On Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:08:51 AM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
> The axiom that planets closer to the Sun move faster also applies to individual planetary motion as planets vary their speed at different times during their orbit.
>
> In a heliostatic or solar system framework where the Sun is central to planetary orbits, the attention is towards the arrangement and dynamics where the planets move in a circular motion while the Sun is stationary to those motions.
>
> On a galactic scale, the Sun and the planets also move in one direction around the galactic centre so the signature of this motion is that the planets move in alternative directions to the galactic motion, the Sun moves in one direction only.
>
> It is an attractive realisation that Kepler's demonstration of variable orbital speeds of individual planets is, with the benefit of galactic structure, a signature of the solar system's galactic orbital motion.
>
> The Earth moves slowest at aphelion so a line drawn from that point through the central Sun and on to the direction of our fellow companion stars indicates the forward direction of the solar system while at perihelion, it points in the direction of the trailing stars-
>
> https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/
>
> I practice these observations, interpretations and conclusions at the same level as the first heliostatic researchers and generally leave the dynamic causes to theorists even when they paint themselves into a corner. Normally, conclusions drawn from observations would incentivise theorists to revise their perspectives but this doesn't happen because of historical prejudices which serve nobody.

https://www.universetoday.com/107322/is-the-solar-system-really-a-vortex/

Re: Galactic orientation of the solar system

<6ae86974-e408-4801-8e11-c04f227a5494n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10582&group=sci.astro.amateur#10582

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 02:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 09:08 UTC

There is no advantage in responding to people who lack common sense and introduce vapid notions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The issue here is multi-faceted where a number of inviolate principles are present based on normal physical considerations. There will be local stars nearer to the galactic centre than the Earth, others further away while others still are in front of the solar system and others are behind. Some stars are above the solar system's galactic orbital plane while others are below so that covers one principle based on observations of galactic structures, interpretations from a solar system perspective and preliminary conclusions organised solar system dynamics and structure and free from celestial sphere ( RA/Dec) notions.

The pace of research is stultifying if it exists at all but then again, few observers have the patience and depth of understanding to restrain themselves to local observations and conclusions if observations on a solar system and Milky Way scale can be considered local.