I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning. -- Plato

tech / sci.astro.amateur / September Equinox

SubjectAuthor
* September EquinoxGerald Kelleher
`* Re: September EquinoxGerald Kelleher
 `- Re: September EquinoxGerald Kelleher

1
September Equinox

<ecd25278-6506-4288-ab43-447cc69e74dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10631&group=sci.astro.amateur#10631

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 00:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: September Equinox
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 07:07 UTC

Dawn is well established at the South Pole with the Sun coming into view for the first time in six months in a little over a week-

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

On the September Equinox, the South Pole will pass through the planet's divisor and into the light hemisphere of the Earth and subsequently create an expanding circumference, with the South Pole at its centre, where the Sun remains constantly in view-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_Climate_Observatory#/media/File:EpicEarth-Globespin-tilt-23.4.gif

There is no similar time-lapse for the March Equinox demonstrating the rotational orientation from Southwest to Northeast relative to the orbital plane and the Sun so imaging of Saturn will have to suffice-

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap210919.html

The Earth's Equator nor Saturn's (as described in the article) does not tilt towards the Sun which would mean that the North/South Poles would also tilt thereby wrecking the observation that the Polar orientation remains fixed to an external point in space.

The entire surface of a planet rotates relative to the orbital plane and the Sun as a function of its orbital motion. Neither Copernicus nor Galileo could resolve the issue using the working observations of the Ptolemaic framework, however, it can and is resolved now.

Re: September Equinox

<e9f0b616-6b5b-41c2-bed4-9bbc1c0d108cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10650&group=sci.astro.amateur#10650

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 08:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: September Equinox
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 15:59 UTC

The South Pole is coming quite close to turning into the light hemisphere of the Earth as the Sun will come into view within the next week-

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

"The third movement is the declination movement. For the axis of daily rotation is not parallel to the axis of the great circle but is inclined to it by such a part of the circumference, which in our time is almost 23 and a half degrees. Thus the centre of the Earth always remains in the plane of the ecliptic, i.e. on the circumference of a great circle, and its poles revolve, drawing small circles on both sides around the centres equidistant from the axis of the great circle. This movement, too, takes place over a period of almost a year and is almost equal to the revolution of the great wheel" Copernicus, Commentariolus

Not only the polar latitudes but the entire surface rotates to the Sun hence the circumference where the Sun remains constantly out of sight at the South Pole has contracted to a small area and is replaced in a few weeks by an expanding circumference, with the South Pole at its centre, where the Sun remains constantly in view.

There is nothing sullen or dull in all this, it is making use of satellite imaging and watching the South Pole traverse the light hemisphere over the next three months until it arrives at the midpoint to the planet's divisor on the December Equinox and creating the largest circumference where the Sun remains constantly in view ( Antarctic Circle).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_Climate_Observatory#/media/File:EpicEarth-Globespin-tilt-23.4.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRKBHKfnQQ

Once again, genuine researchers have to work with what is in front of them so set aside the Earth with a pole sticking out of it or the monstrosity of a pivoting planetary divisor off the Equator and come to appreciate the modifications needed to support the original perspective of Copernicus in a more developed form.

I won't always be around to keep this front and centre and planetary climate is dependent on getting the daily and seasonal cycles right first before applying planetary dynamics to planetary climate.

Re: September Equinox

<223c68ea-32fe-402a-bfcb-0ca9b1a4b759n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10684&group=sci.astro.amateur#10684

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 01:51:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 08:51 UTC

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

On the Equinox in a number of days when the Sun comes into view for the first time in six months at 90° latitude S, it will be seen to travel in the widest circle close to the horizon. As the months progress towards the December Solstice, that circle will become tighter and move further away from the horizon due to the North Pole and surrounding surface turning towards the Sun and parallel to the orbital plane.

Explaining long-term weather ( the seasons) properly at our latitudes is a crucial gateway into climate research and using the expansion and contraction of circumferences where the Sun remains in view or out of sight with the North and South Poles at their centre is at the heart of this new explanation.