War isn't a good life, but it's life. -- Kirk, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

SubjectAuthor
* Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingAlan B
+* Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingAlan B
|`* Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingAlan B
| `- Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingAlan B
`* Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingJanPB
 `* Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingAlan B
  +* Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingAlan B
  |`- Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingJanPB
  `- Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation UnifyingJanPB

1
Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<e353a801-dc34-4ba7-93f8-39138eebe619n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106657&group=sci.physics.relativity#106657

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:40:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: amirjf...@aim.com (Alan B)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 01:40 UTC

-- Synopsis --
This book presents a local-ether wave equation for electromagnetic and matter waves. From this wave equation, a time evolution equation is derived, which represents modifications of Schrodinger's equation. From this modified equation, an electromagnetic force law is derived, which represents modifications of the Lorentz force law. From the modified force law, relationships between electric and magnetic fields are derived, which represent modifications of Maxwell's equations. By refining the wave equation with a gravitational potential, the gravitational force and the mass are derived. Moreover, numerous consequences of the wave equation can account for a wide variety of important experiments in modern physics, the special relativity, and the general relativity. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.

-- Abstract --

The theory of Quantum Electromagnetics presents a wave equation which is constructed, in compliance with Galilean transformations, for electromagnetic and matter waves. A fundamental feature entirely different from the principle of relativity is that the wave equation is referred specifically to the proposed local-ether frame. For electromagnetic wave, the local-ether wave equation accounts for a wide variety of experiments on propagation and interference. For matter wave, the wave equation leads to modifications of Schrodinger's equation which in turn lead to a unified quantum theory of electromagnetic and gravitational forces in conjunction with the origin and the identity of inertial and gravitational mass. Further, it leads to modifications of the Lorentz force law and of Maxwell's equations. Moreover, the wave equation leads to the dispersion of matter wave, from which the speed-dependence in the mass of a particle and in the wavelength, angular frequency, and quantum energy of a matter wave can be derived. The consequences of the wave equation are in accord with a wide variety of experiments that are commonly ascribed to the special relativity, the general relativity, the Lorentz mass-variation law, or to the de Broglie matter wave. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<536fa2c7-c861-44a4-bc19-1ebb536626ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106658&group=sci.physics.relativity#106658

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 17:53:36 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: amirjf...@aim.com (Alan B)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 01:53 UTC

Available as an e-book via:

http://ebook.hyread.com.tw/bookDetail.jsp?id=19899

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<4d7de3f6-794b-4aef-bfe0-5d5beaf88879n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106660&group=sci.physics.relativity#106660

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 18:04:02 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: amirjf...@aim.com (Alan B)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 02:04 UTC

Just discovered just now that you can see the first few pages by clicking the magnifying glass button when you hover over the thumbnail of the book cover picture.

Cheers

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<7801087d-f95d-478b-a84d-da6bed5af9e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106668&group=sci.physics.relativity#106668

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 03:09:33 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: amirjf...@aim.com (Alan B)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:09 UTC

Here is a promotional paper regarding the ideas of the author (Ching-Chuan Su)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350190574_The_Local-Ether_Model_and_Quantum_Electromagnetics_Theories_of_Prof_Ching-Chuan_Su

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<4011762c-e3a9-46fb-92b2-599add612722n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106676&group=sci.physics.relativity#106676

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 09:59:05 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 17:59 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 2:40:21 AM UTC+1, Alan B wrote:
> -- Synopsis --
> This book presents a local-ether wave equation for electromagnetic and matter waves. From this wave equation, a time evolution equation is derived, which represents modifications of Schrodinger's equation. From this modified equation, an electromagnetic force law is derived, which represents modifications of the Lorentz force law. From the modified force law, relationships between electric and magnetic fields are derived, which represent modifications of Maxwell's equations. By refining the wave equation with a gravitational potential, the gravitational force and the mass are derived. Moreover, numerous consequences of the wave equation can account for a wide variety of important experiments in modern physics, the special relativity, and the general relativity. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
>
> -- Abstract --
>
> The theory of Quantum Electromagnetics presents a wave equation which is constructed, in compliance with Galilean transformations, for electromagnetic and matter waves. A fundamental feature entirely different from the principle of relativity is that the wave equation is referred specifically to the proposed local-ether frame. For electromagnetic wave, the local-ether wave equation accounts for a wide variety of experiments on propagation and interference. For matter wave, the wave equation leads to modifications of Schrodinger's equation which in turn lead to a unified quantum theory of electromagnetic and gravitational forces in conjunction with the origin and the identity of inertial and gravitational mass. Further, it leads to modifications of the Lorentz force law and of Maxwell's equations. Moreover, the wave equation leads to the dispersion of matter wave, from which the speed-dependence in the mass of a particle and in the wavelength, angular frequency, and quantum energy of a matter wave can be derived. The consequences of the wave equation are in accord with a wide variety of experiments that are commonly ascribed to the special relativity, the general relativity, the Lorentz mass-variation law, or to the de Broglie matter wave. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.

Gobbledygook.

--
Jan

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<bfbbdefe-c6bf-46ed-83f6-81138b5bfdaan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106689&group=sci.physics.relativity#106689

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 12:56:42 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: amirjf...@aim.com (Alan B)
 by: Alan B - Mon, 20 Feb 2023 20:56 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 12:59:07 PM UTC-5, JanPB wrote:
> On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 2:40:21 AM UTC+1, Alan B wrote:
> > -- Synopsis --
> > This book presents a local-ether wave equation for electromagnetic and matter waves. From this wave equation, a time evolution equation is derived, which represents modifications of Schrodinger's equation. From this modified equation, an electromagnetic force law is derived, which represents modifications of the Lorentz force law. From the modified force law, relationships between electric and magnetic fields are derived, which represent modifications of Maxwell's equations. By refining the wave equation with a gravitational potential, the gravitational force and the mass are derived. Moreover, numerous consequences of the wave equation can account for a wide variety of important experiments in modern physics, the special relativity, and the general relativity. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
> >
> > -- Abstract --
> >
> > The theory of Quantum Electromagnetics presents a wave equation which is constructed, in compliance with Galilean transformations, for electromagnetic and matter waves. A fundamental feature entirely different from the principle of relativity is that the wave equation is referred specifically to the proposed local-ether frame. For electromagnetic wave, the local-ether wave equation accounts for a wide variety of experiments on propagation and interference. For matter wave, the wave equation leads to modifications of Schrodinger's equation which in turn lead to a unified quantum theory of electromagnetic and gravitational forces in conjunction with the origin and the identity of inertial and gravitational mass. Further, it leads to modifications of the Lorentz force law and of Maxwell's equations. Moreover, the wave equation leads to the dispersion of matter wave, from which the speed-dependence in the mass of a particle and in the wavelength, angular frequency, and quantum energy of a matter wave can be derived. The consequences of the wave equation are in accord with a wide variety of experiments that are commonly ascribed to the special relativity, the general relativity, the Lorentz mass-variation law, or to the de Broglie matter wave. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
> Gobbledygook.
>
> --
> Jan

Please elaborate.

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<aa175742-e144-4bd7-ad76-aac64988ead0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106719&group=sci.physics.relativity#106719

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 20:47:38 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: amirjf...@aim.com (Alan B)
 by: Alan B - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 04:47 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 3:56:44 PM UTC-5, Alan B wrote:
> On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 12:59:07 PM UTC-5, JanPB wrote:
> > On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 2:40:21 AM UTC+1, Alan B wrote:
> > > -- Synopsis --
> > > This book presents a local-ether wave equation for electromagnetic and matter waves. From this wave equation, a time evolution equation is derived, which represents modifications of Schrodinger's equation. From this modified equation, an electromagnetic force law is derived, which represents modifications of the Lorentz force law. From the modified force law, relationships between electric and magnetic fields are derived, which represent modifications of Maxwell's equations. By refining the wave equation with a gravitational potential, the gravitational force and the mass are derived. Moreover, numerous consequences of the wave equation can account for a wide variety of important experiments in modern physics, the special relativity, and the general relativity. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
> > >
> > > -- Abstract --
> > >
> > > The theory of Quantum Electromagnetics presents a wave equation which is constructed, in compliance with Galilean transformations, for electromagnetic and matter waves. A fundamental feature entirely different from the principle of relativity is that the wave equation is referred specifically to the proposed local-ether frame. For electromagnetic wave, the local-ether wave equation accounts for a wide variety of experiments on propagation and interference. For matter wave, the wave equation leads to modifications of Schrodinger's equation which in turn lead to a unified quantum theory of electromagnetic and gravitational forces in conjunction with the origin and the identity of inertial and gravitational mass. Further, it leads to modifications of the Lorentz force law and of Maxwell's equations. Moreover, the wave equation leads to the dispersion of matter wave, from which the speed-dependence in the mass of a particle and in the wavelength, angular frequency, and quantum energy of a matter wave can be derived. The consequences of the wave equation are in accord with a wide variety of experiments that are commonly ascribed to the special relativity, the general relativity, the Lorentz mass-variation law, or to the de Broglie matter wave. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
> > Gobbledygook.
> >
> > --
> > Jan
> Please elaborate.

I'm still waiting, Jan

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<af53d09b-c1e7-41f8-8c7f-aba424130e38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106736&group=sci.physics.relativity#106736

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 00:35:38 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 08:35 UTC

On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 9:56:44 PM UTC+1, Alan B wrote:
> On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 12:59:07 PM UTC-5, JanPB wrote:
> > On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 2:40:21 AM UTC+1, Alan B wrote:
> > > -- Synopsis --
> > > This book presents a local-ether wave equation for electromagnetic and matter waves. From this wave equation, a time evolution equation is derived, which represents modifications of Schrodinger's equation. From this modified equation, an electromagnetic force law is derived, which represents modifications of the Lorentz force law. From the modified force law, relationships between electric and magnetic fields are derived, which represent modifications of Maxwell's equations. By refining the wave equation with a gravitational potential, the gravitational force and the mass are derived. Moreover, numerous consequences of the wave equation can account for a wide variety of important experiments in modern physics, the special relativity, and the general relativity. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
> > >
> > > -- Abstract --
> > >
> > > The theory of Quantum Electromagnetics presents a wave equation which is constructed, in compliance with Galilean transformations, for electromagnetic and matter waves. A fundamental feature entirely different from the principle of relativity is that the wave equation is referred specifically to the proposed local-ether frame. For electromagnetic wave, the local-ether wave equation accounts for a wide variety of experiments on propagation and interference. For matter wave, the wave equation leads to modifications of Schrodinger's equation which in turn lead to a unified quantum theory of electromagnetic and gravitational forces in conjunction with the origin and the identity of inertial and gravitational mass. Further, it leads to modifications of the Lorentz force law and of Maxwell's equations. Moreover, the wave equation leads to the dispersion of matter wave, from which the speed-dependence in the mass of a particle and in the wavelength, angular frequency, and quantum energy of a matter wave can be derived. The consequences of the wave equation are in accord with a wide variety of experiments that are commonly ascribed to the special relativity, the general relativity, the Lorentz mass-variation law, or to the de Broglie matter wave. Thereby, the local-ether wave equation unifies quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, and gravitation.
> > Gobbledygook.
> >
> > --
> > Jan
> Please elaborate.

Does this theory predict why light waves are transverse? Please elaborate.

You see, the lack of the longitudinal component to light waves was a MAJOR
conundrum of all aether theories and many famous physicists pre-1905 bent over
backwards to try to come up with constitutive equations for aether that would
allow transverse waves only. It's pretty much impossible to come up with such
equations which would at the same time be reasonable and not ad hoc. One
such proposal was e.g. by making the internal potential energy of aether
proportional to its angular momentum density (just something cooked up to
disallow longitudinal aether waves).

There were many other problems of that sort with aether theories, this is just
one small aspect of those problems.

As a rule, all amateurs trying to improve relativity are totally ignorant of
the relevant physics and just presume everyone else, both before and after the
year 1905, is an idiot who never thought of anything.

--
Jan

Re: Quantum Electromagnetics: A Local-Ether Wave Equation Unifying Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation

<c2f64524-bdfa-4194-946d-6af1681602abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=106737&group=sci.physics.relativity#106737

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 00:44:45 -0800 (PST)
Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetics, and Gravitation
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 08:44 UTC

On Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 5:47:40 AM UTC+1, Alan B wrote:
> On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 3:56:44 PM UTC-5, Alan B wrote:

> > > Gobbledygook.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jan
> > Please elaborate.
> I'm still waiting, Jan

Sorry, just posted my response next to this post. I'm temporarily in Switzerland, away
from my books and notes and also quite busy with some bureaucratic bits so things
get a bit slow on my side.

You also should know that I'm in a habit of commenting without justification
in most glaring cases. Like I'm not going to engage in any discussion with
a flat-earther. I'll only post post "Gobbledygook" and leave it at that.

--
Jan