From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Morocco team hails stone age tool site dating back 1.3m years
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 23:12:44 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 05:12 UTC

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/28/morocco-team-hails-stone-age-tool-site-dating-back-13m-years

Archaeologists in Morocco have announced the discovery of north Africa’s
oldest stone age hand-axe manufacturing site, dating back 1.3m years, an
international team has reported.

The find pushes back by hundreds of thousands of years the start date in
north Africa of the Acheulian stone-tool industry, associated with the
human ancestor Homo erectus, researchers told journalists in Rabat on
Wednesday.

The discovery was made during excavations at a quarry on the outskirts of
Morocco’s economic capital, Casablanca.
Previously, the presence in Morocco of the Acheulian stone-tool industry
was thought to date back 700,000 years.

Re: Morocco team hails stone age tool site dating back 1.3m years

<b316f621-4d50-487c-9a43-c457a7be0eebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10680&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#10680

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 22:42:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 05:42 UTC

On Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 1:12:43 AM UTC-4, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/28/morocco-team-hails-stone-age-tool-site-dating-back-13m-years
>
> Archaeologists in Morocco have announced the discovery of north Africa’s
> oldest stone age hand-axe manufacturing site, dating back 1.3m years, an
> international team has reported.
>
> The find pushes back by hundreds of thousands of years the start date in
> north Africa of the Acheulian stone-tool industry, associated with the
> human ancestor Homo erectus, researchers told journalists in Rabat on
> Wednesday.
>
> The discovery was made during excavations at a quarry on the outskirts of
> Morocco’s economic capital, Casablanca.
> Previously, the presence in Morocco of the Acheulian stone-tool industry
> was thought to date back 700,000 years.
Covered earlier. Note: same time as oldest Dades trout fossils found in Morocco Atlas mountains.afaik.