From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Same size
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 19:10:06 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 23:10 UTC

A head-mounted mirror should be the same size as the outside mirror on
a car, which you can check by getting into the driver's seat with your
mirror on. If the head mirror is round and the outside mirror is
rectangular, you should be able to see the corners of the outside
mirror's frame when you line it up with the head mirror.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/

Re: Same size

<sjncsg$t4o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107&group=rec.bicycles.misc#107

From: wNOSP...@gmail.org (pH)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Re: Same size
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 18:05:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pH - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 18:05 UTC

On 2021-10-06, Joy Beeson <jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> A head-mounted mirror should be the same size as the outside mirror on
> a car, which you can check by getting into the driver's seat with your
> mirror on. If the head mirror is round and the outside mirror is
> rectangular, you should be able to see the corners of the outside
> mirror's frame when you line it up with the head mirror.

I've finally settled on the "Take-a-Look" brand mirror--they
say we will all end up with that one and I believe it. I have
the eyeglass mount version and quite like it.

I have it set so I can just see my (grey) hair and the top of
my shoulder is at the bottom edge of the mirror.

Traffic has increased here in the Santa Cruz area that there is
essentially no joy of the open road in my errands and even some
of the formerly quiet "country lanes" have gotten more
unpleasant as houses spout up everywhere.

And of course, those hideous "stak-n-paks" that you no doubt
have in a city near you as well.

pH in Aptos