tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

SubjectAuthor
* Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian DamagesFred Bloggs
+* Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ianbitrex
|`- Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian DamagesFred Bloggs
`* Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian DamagesJohn Larkin
 +* Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian DamagesFred Bloggs
 |`* Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ianbitrex
 | `* Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian DamagesJohn Larkin
 |  `* Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ianbitrex
 |   `- Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ianbitrex
 `- Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian DamagesFlyguy

1
Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<2cc82db1-ba26-4ed2-935d-4f12067ea7d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107038&group=sci.electronics.design#107038

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 07:32:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:32 UTC

Among other things he has pledged a kind of federal gap insurance coverage for people with inadequate homeowner's insurance coverage. WTH!

Damage estimates coming out of Florida state government total $77B.

These sleazy operations ALWAYS use funding from a federal slush fund to replace undamaged infrastructure that is just plain worn out or antiquated in some way.

Too damned dumb to understand the cash cow here is themselves- the federal government doesn't just pull cash out of the ether, it uses what's called tax revenue.

Florida has invested in resilience. Hurricane Ian is a sobering test
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2022/0929/Florida-has-invested-in-resilience.-Hurricane-Ian-is-a-sobering-test

Florida has done a pretty good job with adopting and enforcing a decent building code. The news sources pan away from the undamaged more updated structures- nothing to see here- they're damned right there's nothing to see, everything is completely intact! I notice a lot of housing uses the hip roof design- which is what you want for resistance against strong winds regardless of their direction.

And the additional cost to use improved engineering construction is nearly insignificant. But the NAHB fights any and all code proposals that add to the selling cost of the house regardless of the benefits, and they have representatives on the big code councils.

65%
Percentage of counties, cities and towns across the U.S. today still have not adopted modern building codes
as of November 2020

Building Codes Save: A Nationwide Study of Loss Prevention
https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/building-science/building-codes-save-study

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<gxDZK.276165$9Yp5.264892@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107042&group=sci.electronics.design#107042

Subject: Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian
Damages
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:01:31 -0400
 by: bitrex - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:01 UTC

On 9/30/2022 10:32 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> Among other things he has pledged a kind of federal gap insurance coverage for people with inadequate homeowner's insurance coverage. WTH!
>
> Damage estimates coming out of Florida state government total $77B.
>
> These sleazy operations ALWAYS use funding from a federal slush fund to replace undamaged infrastructure that is just plain worn out or antiquated in some way.
>
> Too damned dumb to understand the cash cow here is themselves- the federal government doesn't just pull cash out of the ether, it uses what's called tax revenue.
>
> Florida has invested in resilience. Hurricane Ian is a sobering test
> https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2022/0929/Florida-has-invested-in-resilience.-Hurricane-Ian-is-a-sobering-test
>
> Florida has done a pretty good job with adopting and enforcing a decent building code. The news sources pan away from the undamaged more updated structures- nothing to see here- they're damned right there's nothing to see, everything is completely intact! I notice a lot of housing uses the hip roof design- which is what you want for resistance against strong winds regardless of their direction.
>
> And the additional cost to use improved engineering construction is nearly insignificant. But the NAHB fights any and all code proposals that add to the selling cost of the house regardless of the benefits, and they have representatives on the big code councils.
>
> 65%
> Percentage of counties, cities and towns across the U.S. today still have not adopted modern building codes
> as of November 2020
>
> Building Codes Save: A Nationwide Study of Loss Prevention
> https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/building-science/building-codes-save-study

Check out this design for a high-capacity basement-level music
venue/nightclub in a new hotel in Boston, page 10, looks like a deathtrap:

<https://www.cambridgema.gov/-/media/Files/historicalcommission/pdf/chcmeetingfiles/D1631_plans.pdf>

Tiny emergency stairwells and choke-points everywhere. Putting the
secondary exit in a service corridor/storage area is a dick move

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<3e3a5b1b-aa11-4742-bc7e-54ed39d0ef9fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107046&group=sci.electronics.design#107046

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 08:47:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:47 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:01:40 AM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 9/30/2022 10:32 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > Among other things he has pledged a kind of federal gap insurance coverage for people with inadequate homeowner's insurance coverage. WTH!
> >
> > Damage estimates coming out of Florida state government total $77B.
> >
> > These sleazy operations ALWAYS use funding from a federal slush fund to replace undamaged infrastructure that is just plain worn out or antiquated in some way.
> >
> > Too damned dumb to understand the cash cow here is themselves- the federal government doesn't just pull cash out of the ether, it uses what's called tax revenue.
> >
> > Florida has invested in resilience. Hurricane Ian is a sobering test
> > https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2022/0929/Florida-has-invested-in-resilience.-Hurricane-Ian-is-a-sobering-test
> >
> > Florida has done a pretty good job with adopting and enforcing a decent building code. The news sources pan away from the undamaged more updated structures- nothing to see here- they're damned right there's nothing to see, everything is completely intact! I notice a lot of housing uses the hip roof design- which is what you want for resistance against strong winds regardless of their direction.
> >
> > And the additional cost to use improved engineering construction is nearly insignificant. But the NAHB fights any and all code proposals that add to the selling cost of the house regardless of the benefits, and they have representatives on the big code councils.
> >
> > 65%
> > Percentage of counties, cities and towns across the U.S. today still have not adopted modern building codes
> > as of November 2020
> >
> > Building Codes Save: A Nationwide Study of Loss Prevention
> > https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/building-science/building-codes-save-study
> >
> Check out this design for a high-capacity basement-level music
> venue/nightclub in a new hotel in Boston, page 10, looks like a deathtrap:
>
> <https://www.cambridgema.gov/-/media/Files/historicalcommission/pdf/chcmeetingfiles/D1631_plans.pdf>
>
> Tiny emergency stairwells and choke-points everywhere. Putting the
> secondary exit in a service corridor/storage area is a dick move

That might not be too bad when you consider they're using all fire retardant materials for the structure and furnishings, and they have ample fire suppression systems installed- that they periodically test and maintain! A big part of the fire prevention challenge is preventing fools from bypassing and/or degrading the function in some way.

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<8i5ejh1ho6dbs82161fdsjh1sqmqk9leg0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107051&group=sci.electronics.design#107051

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:18:36 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:18 UTC

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 07:32:26 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>Among other things he has pledged a kind of federal gap insurance coverage for people with inadequate homeowner's insurance coverage. WTH!

Midterms coming up. Cancel student debt. Dump oil from the reserve.
Buy votes.

>Damage estimates coming out of Florida state government total $77B.
>
>These sleazy operations ALWAYS use funding from a federal slush fund to replace undamaged infrastructure that is just plain worn out or antiquated in some way.
>
>Too damned dumb to understand the cash cow here is themselves- the federal government doesn't just pull cash out of the ether, it uses what's called tax revenue.

No, they print all that they need.

>Florida has invested in resilience. Hurricane Ian is a sobering test
>https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2022/0929/Florida-has-invested-in-resilience.-Hurricane-Ian-is-a-sobering-test
>
>Florida has done a pretty good job with adopting and enforcing a decent building code. The news sources pan away from the undamaged more updated structures- nothing to see here- they're damned right there's nothing to see, everything is completely intact! I notice a lot of housing uses the hip roof design- which is what you want for resistance against strong winds regardless of their direction.

Still under water.

>And the additional cost to use improved engineering construction is nearly insignificant. But the NAHB fights any and all code proposals that add to the selling cost of the house regardless of the benefits, and they have representatives on the big code councils.
>
>65%
>Percentage of counties, cities and towns across the U.S. today still have not adopted modern building codes
>as of November 2020
>
>Building Codes Save: A Nationwide Study of Loss Prevention
>https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/building-science/building-codes-save-study

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<ae3cc6b9-6e7c-4eff-8a27-eba289638b64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107115&group=sci.electronics.design#107115

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:19:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:19 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:11:19 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 2:18:47 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 07:32:26 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Among other things he has pledged a kind of federal gap insurance coverage for people with inadequate homeowner's insurance coverage. WTH!
> > >
> > Midterms coming up. Cancel student debt. Dump oil from the reserve. Buy votes.
> That's US politics for you. The Republicans are even more shameless, when they are in power.
> > >Damage estimates coming out of Florida state government total $77B.
> > >
> > >These sleazy operations ALWAYS use funding from a federal slush fund to replace undamaged infrastructure that is just plain worn out or antiquated in some way.
> > >
> > >Too damned dumb to understand the cash cow here is themselves- the federal government doesn't just pull cash out of the ether, it uses what's called tax revenue.
> >
> > No, they print all that they need.
> Republicans don't understand how Keynesian pump=-priming works, or that you really shouldn't go in for it during periods when the currency is inflating.
> > >Florida has invested in resilience. Hurricane Ian is a sobering test
> > >https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2022/0929/Florida-has-invested-in-resilience.-Hurricane-Ian-is-a-sobering-test
> > >
> > >Florida has done a pretty good job with adopting and enforcing a decent building code. The news sources pan away from the undamaged more updated structures- nothing to see here- they're damned right there's nothing to see, everything is completely intact! I notice a lot of housing uses the hip roof design- which is what you want for resistance against strong winds regardless of their direction.
> >
> > Still under water.
> Not for long.

They really need to elevate those beach houses by about 10-15 feet. Some of them are, but most of them aren't, it's contrary to the bohemian coastal bungalow look they've been trained to think is chic and comfy.
The fools spend more money on those crummy styrofoam architectural ornamentals and resin faux statuary planters.

> > >And the additional cost to use improved engineering construction is nearly insignificant. But the NAHB fights any and all code proposals that add to the selling cost of the house regardless of the benefits, and they have representatives on the big code councils.
> > >
> > >65%
> > >Percentage of counties, cities and towns across the U.S. today still have not adopted modern building codes
> > >as of November 2020
> > >
> > >Building Codes Save: A Nationwide Study of Loss Prevention
> > >https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/risk-management/building-science/building-codes-save-study
> Not a point that interested John Larkin, who lives in California where the building codes emphasis that house should be constructed to survive earthquakes, rather than hurricanes.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<npYZK.198412$IRd5.146321@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107118&group=sci.electronics.design#107118

Damages
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 10:46:42 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:46 UTC

On 10/1/2022 10:19 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:11:19 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

>>> Midterms coming up. Cancel student debt. Dump oil from the reserve. Buy votes.
>> That's US politics for you. The Republicans are even more shameless, when they are in power.

>>> No, they print all that they need.
>> Republicans don't understand how Keynesian pump=-priming works, or that you really shouldn't go in for it during periods when the currency is inflating.

>>> Still under water.
>> Not for long.
>
> They really need to elevate those beach houses by about 10-15 feet. Some of them are, but most of them aren't, it's contrary to the bohemian coastal bungalow look they've been trained to think is chic and comfy.
> The fools spend more money on those crummy styrofoam architectural ornamentals and resin faux statuary planters.

You see two types of driver with Florida plates in Massachusetts. 85
years old and asleep at the wheel, or 25 years old, armed, with four
outstanding warrants.

They tend to drive about as well as it sounds

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<talgjhdpoagv824c01t25ueeila82sij9j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107119&group=sci.electronics.design#107119

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 07:58:56 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:58 UTC

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 10:46:42 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 10/1/2022 10:19 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:

>>> That's US politics for you. The Republicans are even more shameless, when they are in power.

>>> Republicans don't understand how Keynesian pump=-priming works, or that you really shouldn't go in for it during periods when the currency is inflating.

>>> Not for long.
>>
>> They really need to elevate those beach houses by about 10-15 feet. Some of them are, but most of them aren't, it's contrary to the bohemian coastal bungalow look they've been trained to think is chic and comfy.
>> The fools spend more money on those crummy styrofoam architectural ornamentals and resin faux statuary planters.
>
>You see two types of driver with Florida plates in Massachusetts. 85
>years old and asleep at the wheel, or 25 years old, armed, with four
>outstanding warrants.
>
>They tend to drive about as well as it sounds

Makes sense. Only mental defectives, possibly by accident, go into
Massachusetts.

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<6k%ZK.68239$SMP5.8135@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107129&group=sci.electronics.design#107129

Damages
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:05:53 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 18:05 UTC

On 10/1/2022 10:58 AM, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 10:46:42 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> They really need to elevate those beach houses by about 10-15 feet. Some of them are, but most of them aren't, it's contrary to the bohemian coastal bungalow look they've been trained to think is chic and comfy.
>>> The fools spend more money on those crummy styrofoam architectural ornamentals and resin faux statuary planters.
>>
>> You see two types of driver with Florida plates in Massachusetts. 85
>> years old and asleep at the wheel, or 25 years old, armed, with four
>> outstanding warrants.
>>
>> They tend to drive about as well as it sounds
>>

> Makes sense. Only mental defectives, possibly by accident, go into
> Massachusetts.

Yeah maybe. Look I just live here man I'm not the state's
reputation-defense force, have at it. MA drivers are worse than just
about anywhere if you go strictly by insurance dollars paid out. Wreck
it buy a new one, wreck it buy a new one..

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<Cn%ZK.350430$wLZ8.115679@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107130&group=sci.electronics.design#107130

Damages
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:09:37 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 18:09 UTC

On 10/1/2022 2:05 PM, bitrex wrote:
> On 10/1/2022 10:58 AM, John Larkin wrote:

>>> You see two types of driver with Florida plates in Massachusetts. 85
>>> years old and asleep at the wheel, or 25 years old, armed, with four
>>> outstanding warrants.
>>>
>>> They tend to drive about as well as it sounds
>>>

>> Makes sense. Only mental defectives, possibly by accident, go into
>> Massachusetts.
>>

> Yeah maybe. Look I just live here man I'm not the state's
> reputation-defense force, have at it.

I think all fiat-borders are silly, anyway. Destroy all nations, build a
gay communist planetary government today!

Re: Biden Pledges A Trillion $$$ Federal Assistance To Cover Ian Damages

<d5c40cc6-f164-481a-aeb7-b04963fc4afdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107149&group=sci.electronics.design#107149

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 16:56:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 23:56 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 8:11:19 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 2:18:47 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 07:32:26 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Among other things he has pledged a kind of federal gap insurance coverage for people with inadequate homeowner's insurance coverage. WTH!
> > >
> > Midterms coming up. Cancel student debt. Dump oil from the reserve. Buy votes.
> That's US politics for you. The Republicans are even more shameless, when they are in power.
> > >Damage estimates coming out of Florida state government total $77B.
> > >
> > >These sleazy operations ALWAYS use funding from a federal slush fund to replace undamaged infrastructure that is just plain worn out or antiquated in some way.
> > >
> > >Too damned dumb to understand the cash cow here is themselves- the federal government doesn't just pull cash out of the ether, it uses what's called tax revenue.
> >
> > No, they print all that they need.
> Republicans don't understand how Keynesian pump=-priming works, or that you really shouldn't go in for it during periods when the currency is inflating.

That's exactly right: Keynesian economics is "pump equals MINUS priming." Keynesian economics has NEVER worked:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/07/12/obamanomics-the-final-nail-in-the-discredited-keynesian-coffin/?sh=57345264ba7d
https://www.cato.org/blog/four-reasons-why-keynesian-stimulus-does-not-work

<snip more Bozo bullshit>