From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: ot potatoes
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:32:24 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 02:32 UTC

We were prowling the local farmers' market and came across some
remarkably ugly potatoes, so we bought some and mashed them. They are
wonderful, sweet but not as candy sweet as some Yukon Golds and with a
more substantial flavor.

Huckleberry Gold.

https://www.thefencepost.com/news/huckleberry-gold-potatoes-gaining-popularity-with-consumers/

We also scored some Aztec Cave beans, of urban legend. But mighty
good.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jeea59cz0v06cq8/AADmAhW7-BHc1hjjRYGQPb7ca?dl=0

There were all sorts of asian veggies that looked dangerous too.

The fried dumplings are Nepalese MoMo's. The guys in truck thought it
was hilarious to yell "MoMos for Mo."

Re: ot potatoes

<thj3st$2thu2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107314&group=sci.electronics.design#107314

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: ot potatoes
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 05:13:10 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 05:13 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:32:24 -0700) it happened John Larkin
<jlarkin@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com> wrote in
<hdqpjhpkmleue10056qtesp740mqvfvbg5@4ax.com>:

>We were prowling the local farmers' market and came across some
>remarkably ugly potatoes, so we bought some and mashed them. They are
>wonderful, sweet but not as candy sweet as some Yukon Golds and with a
>more substantial flavor.
>
>Huckleberry Gold.
>
>https://www.thefencepost.com/news/huckleberry-gold-potatoes-gaining-popularity-with-consumers/
>
>We also scored some Aztec Cave beans, of urban legend. But mighty
>good.
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jeea59cz0v06cq8/AADmAhW7-BHc1hjjRYGQPb7ca?dl=0
>
>There were all sorts of asian veggies that looked dangerous too.
>
>The fried dumplings are Nepalese MoMo's. The guys in truck thought it
>was hilarious to yell "MoMos for Mo."

I usually buy deepfreeze potato chips, no idea what sort of potatoes those are made from.
Then pizza, tofu, spaghetti, brown rice, mushrooms, yogurt, lots of olive oil, kiwies,
bananas, cookies, butter, orange juice, apple juice, apples, grapes, apricots, apple pie,
sometimes some nuts, sometimes some chocolate,

All from the local supermarket apart from the grapes
Bananas to get my radiation dose training DNA repair for the WW3 nuking.
And water of course,

Re: ot potatoes

<thjaka$2u2qs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107319&group=sci.electronics.design#107319

From: Jef...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 08:10:02 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 07:10 UTC

On 05/10/2022 03:32, John Larkin wrote:
> We were prowling the local farmers' market and came across some
> remarkably ugly potatoes, so we bought some and mashed them. They are
> wonderful, sweet but not as candy sweet as some Yukon Golds and with a
> more substantial flavor

Yuk! I do not like my potatoes sweet! If I want a sweet potato, I buy
sweet potatoes amd cook those.

There are some really nice "waxy" salad-type potatoes with a very good
flavour. This one is a very old variety and is particularly good, but
has the unfortunate name of "Ratte"!
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratte_potato>

--

Jeff