No extensible language will be universal. -- T. Cheatham

tech / sci.math / AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogical writings of Chris Chinall, although acting by Tennant especially Colman is superb acting.

SubjectAuthor
* AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogicalArchimedes Plutonium
`* Re: AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogicalArchimedes Plutonium
 `- Re: AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogicalArchimedes Plutonium

1
AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogical writings of Chris Chinall, although acting by Tennant especially Colman is superb acting.

<340298e4-c836-4bd3-a5e4-e3978b87565dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107364&group=sci.math#107364

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 15:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogical
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 22:02 UTC

AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogical writings of Chris Chinall, although acting by Tennant especially Colman is superb acting.

Sorry but I tune out after episode 3, 3 out of 8, because Chris Chibnall just does not have a logical mind to write and produce murder mysteries.

So I can tell from the 3rd episode who the killer is-- the husband of police sergeant (Olivia Colman). Where it is reported that a skateboard was on Danny before killed and now a scene is shown of the husband with son at the skatepark-- inferring that he is a pedophile gay killer. But, it is not that plot line that is disturbing about Chibnall's writings. It is the awful plot lines that "Hey, Danny was killed at night on a certain date". And although we see that Danny's father was out having a affair with another woman on the night of Danny's death. That the author Chibnall had no brains enough to realize that police sargeant (Colman) would register in her mind-- "Hey, my husband was absent the night Danny was killed". And why Chibnall then never had the logical brains to realize a police sargeant (Colman) would realize-- my husband was gone the night of Danny's death and where the hell was he?

No, Chibnall has a non-worthy story, for he cannot even get a factual believable Time-line.

All great murder mysteries have to have a Logical Timeline.

I waste no further time of my life in watching illogical plots. And many writers think-- they have to write a story to glitz and glammor and pull heartstrings at the expense of making a story that has logical commonsense plots. It is as if Chibnall is writing a Advertisement Commercial for his audience, than writing a story worthy of listening or watching.

AP, King of Science, especially physics

Re: AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogical writings of Chris Chinall, although acting by Tennant especially Colman is superb acting.

<0fd43ccb-094b-4993-a20e-6e89e9f723aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107377&group=sci.math#107377

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 22:14:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 05:14 UTC

As the years go by, more and more writers of TV shows look for more and more ways to tittilate people, to pull heartstrings on people, when they should be writing stories that pull mindstrings, get people to think, to reflect.. No, Chris Chibnall writes a story that is saturated with heartstring pulling, not a story that makes sense, as if he switched from selling beer in beer advertisements to selling murder mysteries, a Agatha Christie wannabe, except no decent story that Agatha could write.

Chris, writing murder mysteries has to have at least a decent Timeline. So you have a Sargeant lady who finds out when Danny was killed, yet never even asking her husband-- why he was out on that night. Does that make sense in writing a murder mystery????

plonk

Re: AP will no longer watch TV series Broadchurch from the illogical writings of Chris Chinall, although acting by Tennant especially Colman is superb acting.

<e9ea5033-c5a9-41a2-9e4f-2da09745bb9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107382&group=sci.math#107382

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 00:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 07:53 UTC

So, I am guessing that Chris Chibnall's way of writing a murder mystery is make a list of all the sensationalism, the tittilation he wants to draw out of the viewer, and never mind any coherent Time Line of events.

So, was Danny taking a skateboard in early morning on a paper route and hauling the skateboard around all day long.

And once Lady Sargeant found out the time of death of Danny, why would she not ask her husband-- where the hell were you on that night Danny died.

Does Chris expect viewers to be so enthralled with one sensationalism after another, that no one pays attention to objective reality and facts. Why not have someone who murders cats and dogs in the neighborhood for titillation or have a husband beater, reverse of a wife beater for added titillation. Or how about the school passing out fentanol or some drug while the detectives hunt down Danny's killer. How about illegal immigrants trapped in a lorry in the town.

You see Chris, titillation is sensory but superficial. Making a story that is simple with a good Time Line is meaningful, and worthwhile story.

A good murder mystery is not one in which it is hard to tell the criminal, but one in which the Timeline flows seemlessly along, and the story makes common sense. A story worth reflecting upon.

I was looking for your follow up series, where you let the killer go free. Well, Chris, here again, more and more titillation, and no substance or meaning.

What you should do Chris, instead of making up this nonsense stories, is take a historical murder mystery where you do not have to design a timeline, it is already given, and see if you can add something new.

AP