From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 18:22:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 18:22 UTC

I like this one better then the previous, decades old proposal we have
been seeing.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlhlCWplqk>

Re: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right

<af3a6d00-e2ab-49f1-8253-d85802f22867n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107493&group=sci.electronics.design#107493

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 11:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 18:31 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 2:22:57 PM UTC-4, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> I like this one better then the previous, decades old proposal we have
> been seeing.
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlhlCWplqk>

The molten liquid state for Earth makes much more sense.

Re: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right

<thtf2m$177g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107571&group=sci.electronics.design#107571

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:27:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:27 UTC

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote in

> I like this one better then the previous, decades old proposal we
> have been seeing.
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlhlCWplqk>

This group has turned into a bunch of old foggies.

I used to get good stories from folks who were around when WW I
happened.

I'd bet that none of you have any interesting stories to tell.
All healots!

Re: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right

<thtr1c$v1t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107578&group=sci.electronics.design#107578

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 23:51:24 -0700
 by: corvid - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 06:51 UTC

On 10/8/22 20:27, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote in
>
>> I like this one better then the previous, decades old proposal we
>> have been seeing.
>>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlhlCWplqk>
>>
> This group has turned into a bunch of old foggies.
>
> I used to get good stories from folks who were around when WW I
> happened.
>
> I'd bet that none of you have any interesting stories to tell. All
> healots!

The next supercontinent has been named Amasia.

https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/explained-amasia-the-supercontinent-that-will-be-formed-as-the-pacific-ocean-shrinks-11404921.html

Re: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right

<thu6u8$1tv0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107581&group=sci.electronics.design#107581

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:14:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:14 UTC

corvid <bl@ckb.ird> wrote in news:thtr1c$v1t$1@gioia.aioe.org:

> On 10/8/22 20:27, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote in
>>
>>> I like this one better then the previous, decades old proposal
>>> we have been seeing.
>>>
>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlhlCWplqk>
>>>
>> This group has turned into a bunch of old foggies.
>>
>> I used to get good stories from folks who were around when WW I
>> happened.
>>
>> I'd bet that none of you have any interesting stories to tell.
>> All healots!
>
> The next supercontinent has been named Amasia.
>
> https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/explained-amasia-the-supercont
> inent-that-will-be-formed-as-the-pacific-ocean-shrinks-11404921.htm

Except the Pacific Ocean will not shrink.

We need to make reservoirs all around the Earth and put polar ice
in them. The least amount of water we have is fresh water and much
of that is in the ground and not easily available. We need to make
great lake sized reservoirs. Sealed not open to the air. An array
of tanks all kept individual from each other. I figure 75 to 100
foot diameter. And quite a few square miles.

If the planet warms up and melts the ice, the coverage will kill
nearly all of us but the Ice age that follows that will never recede.

Re: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right

<thuuh7$129d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107599&group=sci.electronics.design#107599

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 09:57:11 -0700
 by: corvid - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 16:57 UTC

On 10/9/22 03:14, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
> corvid <bl@ckb.ird> wrote in news:thtr1c$v1t$1@gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> On 10/8/22 20:27, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>>> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote in

>>> This group has turned into a bunch of old foggies.
>>>
>>> I used to get good stories from folks who were around when WW I
>>> happened.
>>>
>>> I'd bet that none of you have any interesting stories to tell.
>>> All healots!
>>
>> The next supercontinent has been named Amasia.
>>
>> https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/explained-amasia-the-supercontinent-that-will-be-formed-as-the-pacific-ocean-shrinks-11404921.html
>>
> Except the Pacific Ocean will not shrink.

Just wait. Coming from Pangaea, we're halfway there now.

And dinosaurs are coming back.

Re: New Moon origin simulation looks like it might be right

<5dba708e-0d9e-403b-9634-f9fd8820ee56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107601&group=sci.electronics.design#107601

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 18:06 UTC

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 6:14:41 AM UTC-4, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> corvid <b...@ckb.ird> wrote in news:thtr1c$v1t$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
> > On 10/8/22 20:27, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> >> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote in

> >> This group has turned into a bunch of old foggies.
> >>
> >> I used to get good stories from folks who were around when WW I
> >> happened.
> >>
> >> I'd bet that none of you have any interesting stories to tell.
> >> All healots!
> >
> > The next supercontinent has been named Amasia.
> >
> > https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/explained-amasia-the-supercont
> > inent-that-will-be-formed-as-the-pacific-ocean-shrinks-11404921.htm
> >
> Except the Pacific Ocean will not shrink.
>
> We need to make reservoirs all around the Earth and put polar ice
> in them. The least amount of water we have is fresh water and much
> of that is in the ground and not easily available. We need to make
> great lake sized reservoirs. Sealed not open to the air. An array
> of tanks all kept individual from each other. I figure 75 to 100
> foot diameter. And quite a few square miles.
>
> If the planet warms up and melts the ice, the coverage will kill
> nearly all of us but the Ice age that follows that will never recede.

You don't want to keep too much water pent up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVhR26NRsk

Then there's this:
As Himalayan Glaciers Melt, a Water Crisis Looms in South Asia
https://e360.yale.edu/features/himalayas-glaciers-climate-change