tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

SubjectAuthor
* Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top FloriJan Panteltje
+- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricanea a
+* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|+* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneJan Panteltje
||`* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|| +* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneDimiter_Popoff
|| |`* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricanebitrex
|| | `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneDimiter_Popoff
|| |  `- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneJeroen Belleman
|| `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneJan Panteltje
||  +- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneJeroen Belleman
||  `- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|+* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricanebitrex
||`* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFred Bloggs
|| `- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricanebitrex
|+- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy
|`* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFred Bloggs
| `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|  `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFred Bloggs
|   `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|    `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFred Bloggs
|     +- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy
|     +* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|     |`* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy
|     | `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy
|     |  `- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy
|     `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage afterJasen Betts
|      `* Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneRicky
|       `- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy
+- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricanebitrex
+- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFred Bloggs
+- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFred Bloggs
`- Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after HurricaneFlyguy

Pages:12
Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<fe910d32-263c-494b-a9eb-fa3c03ff8d69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107553&group=sci.electronics.design#107553

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:55:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane
Ian, top Florida official warns
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 19:55 UTC

On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 2:13:44 PM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 2:09:05 PM UTC-4, Ricky wrote:

> > > If you click on the Twitter link in the article, you'll see the vehicle 100% intact and undamaged before the firefighters pried the hood open.
> > That doesn't explain the car facing the wrong way. It's also a long, long way from BEVs being mass ruined and set on fire from hurricane damage. That's the BS people are buying into without evidence.
> Well it certainly wasn't struck by anything. The driver may have panicked at the fire and jumped the divider curb before he/ she bailed.

And there is zero evidence of any salt or even fresh water issues. So in other words, we have no idea what happened.

That seldom prevents politicians or "journalists" from speaking their opinions. I guess you have your "opinions" as well.

--

Rick C.

++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<a69b80a9-f5c3-4ce2-8b05-7d346489d30bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107564&group=sci.electronics.design#107564

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 19:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
Ian, top Florida official warns
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 02:21 UTC

On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 12:55:34 PM UTC-7, Ricky wrote:
> On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 2:13:44 PM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > That doesn't explain the car facing the wrong way. It's also a long, long way from BEVs being mass ruined and set on fire from hurricane damage. That's the BS people are buying into without evidence.
> > Well it certainly wasn't struck by anything. The driver may have panicked at the fire and jumped the divider curb before he/ she bailed.
> And there is zero evidence of any salt or even fresh water issues. So in other words, we have no idea what happened.
>
> That seldom prevents politicians or "journalists" from speaking their opinions. I guess you have your "opinions" as well.
>
> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

No, that is NOT TRUE - a video of a burning Tesla has been already posted. Furthermore, there are PLENTY of photos of flooded cars in Florida, presumably by salt water.

And you conveniently ignored my analysis that the salt flood water contaminated everything else in the car, including the motors. ALL of these EVs are ticking time bombs that can catch fire at any moment and at any time. A gas-powered car WILL NOT do this.

The major difficulty in putting out an EV fire can't be ignored.

PS - WHY don't you tell us the kickback you are getting by referring people to Teslas?????

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<ti0hh3$qh$1@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107629&group=sci.electronics.design#107629

From: use...@revmaps.no-ip.org (Jasen Betts)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after
Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 07:27:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jasen Betts - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 07:27 UTC

On 2022-10-08, Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 2:09:05 PM UTC-4, Ricky wrote:

>> > If you click on the Twitter link in the article, you'll see the vehicle 100% intact and undamaged before the firefighters pried the hood open.
>> That doesn't explain the car facing the wrong way. It's also a long, long way from BEVs being mass ruined and set on fire from hurricane damage. That's the BS people are buying into without evidence.
>
> Well it certainly wasn't struck by anything. The driver may have panicked at the fire and jumped the divider curb before he/ she bailed.

How can you tell? Does the photo show the underside of the car? (where
the battery is) In the unlikely event that weather put debris on the
road the car may have struck it.

--
Jasen.

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<52f610f4-2c66-4663-aafe-17c7a6d1cde6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107630&group=sci.electronics.design#107630

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 00:40:39 -0700 (PDT)
Ian, top Florida official warns
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 07:40 UTC

On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 3:30:48 AM UTC-4, Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2022-10-08, Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That doesn't explain the car facing the wrong way. It's also a long, long way from BEVs being mass ruined and set on fire from hurricane damage. That's the BS people are buying into without evidence.
> >
> > Well it certainly wasn't struck by anything. The driver may have panicked at the fire and jumped the divider curb before he/ she bailed.
> How can you tell? Does the photo show the underside of the car? (where
> the battery is) In the unlikely event that weather put debris on the
> road the car may have struck it.

It's pretty crazy that the firemen used the chop saw to cut through the hood. The Teslas have a release handle under the front bumper, because the battery disconnect is in the front trunk. You can have the hood up in two seconds. They can't manhandle that saw that fast.

--

Rick C.

--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<G%11L.114995$tRy7.23451@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107679&group=sci.electronics.design#107679

Ian, top Florida official warns
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 19:36:04 -0400
 by: bitrex - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 23:36 UTC

On 10/7/2022 1:40 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 12:27:07 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
>>>
>>> I wonder if the storm causes damage to the body of the car too? Looks to me like the hood of that car was severely damaged. Was it in an accident perhaps?
>>>
>>> "There’s a ton of EVs disabled from Ian". A "ton" would be about a half a car.
>>>
>>> The Fox article says, "It is unclear how many EVs were impacted or destroyed by the storm."
>>>
>>> Looks like Jan was hit by a piece of sky falling.
>>>
>> The procedure for safeing a damaged battery for the lil Mitsubishi
>> i-MieV electric city car from a about a decade ago (every six months or
>> so I see one on the road, still, hardly fancy but seems like it was a
>> reliable enough vehicle), is to assemble a 2 foot deep pool of water
>> large enough to hold the car, open some valves and deposit the whole car
>> into it using a forklift.
>>
>> Mitsubishi-approved technique, it's in the service manual.
>
> Perpetuate urban myths much?

See page 14:

<https://elvsolutions.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2012_I_Dismantling_guide.pdf>

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<8ee453ae-689e-4d18-8c81-73f0ee8fae02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107694&group=sci.electronics.design#107694

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 21:03:29 -0700 (PDT)
Ian, top Florida official warns
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 04:03 UTC

On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 12:40:44 AM UTC-7, Ricky wrote:
> On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 3:30:48 AM UTC-4, Jasen Betts wrote:

> > > Well it certainly wasn't struck by anything. The driver may have panicked at the fire and jumped the divider curb before he/ she bailed.
> > How can you tell? Does the photo show the underside of the car? (where
> > the battery is) In the unlikely event that weather put debris on the
> > road the car may have struck it.
> It's pretty crazy that the firemen used the chop saw to cut through the hood. The Teslas have a release handle under the front bumper, because the battery disconnect is in the front trunk. You can have the hood up in two seconds. They can't manhandle that saw that fast.
>
> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

PS - WHY don't you tell us the kickback you are getting by referring people to Teslas?????

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<96e4fde4-2a0e-41ec-8023-2a5bcaa27a87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107695&group=sci.electronics.design#107695

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 21:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
Ian, top Florida official warns
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 04:04 UTC

On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 2:32:29 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 1:21:59 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:

> > > And there is zero evidence of any salt or even fresh water issues. So in other words, we have no idea what happened.
> > >
> > > That seldom prevents politicians or "journalists" from speaking their opinions. I guess you have your "opinions" as well.
> >
> > No, that is NOT TRUE - a video of a burning Tesla has been already posted. Furthermore, there are PLENTY of photos of flooded cars in Florida, presumably by salt water.
> >
> > And you conveniently ignored my analysis that the salt flood water contaminated everything else in the car, including the motors. ALL of these EVs are ticking time bombs that can catch fire at any moment and at any time. A gas-powered car WILL NOT do this.
> Gnatguy expects his "analysis" to be taken seriously. That's comic.
> > The major difficulty in putting out an EV fire can't be ignored.
> People have been ignoring the "major difficulty" of putting out the gasoline fire that you get when you set an gasoline-powered car on fire for about one hundred years now. Gnatguy's analytical skills don't stretch all that far back.
> > PS - WHY don't you tell us the kickback you are getting by referring people to Teslas?????
> Why don't you tell us about the kickbacks you get for posting opinions that favour the fossil-carbon extraction industry?
>
> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, boy is that an EASY ONE! The answer is ABSOLUTELY NONE!!!

Re: Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

<e758dda2-4f38-477e-a4d8-917899e10151n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=107762&group=sci.electronics.design#107762

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:53:12 -0700 (PDT)
Ian, top Florida official warns
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 04:53 UTC

On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 9:56:38 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 3:04:30 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Why don't you tell us about the kickbacks you get for posting opinions that favour the fossil-carbon extraction industry?
> >
> > Hey that is an EASY ONE! The answer is ABSOLUTELY NONE!!!
>
> It may be an easy answer , but it isn't a remotely credible one. You are as energetic as Anthony Watts
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Watts_(blogger)
>
> and he gets money from the Heartlands Institute
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_Institute
>
> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, I see that you CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! You are typical of libtards who feel compelled to label people that don't comply to you dogma. All I can say is:

PROVE IT, ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!