That does not compute.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Can science prove time is not real?

SubjectAuthor
* Can science prove time is not real?mitchr...@gmail.com
`* Re: Can science prove time is not real?The Starmaker
 +* Re: Can science prove time is not real?Sylvia Else
 |+- Re: Can science prove time is not real?whodat
 |+* Re: Can science prove time is not real?Jim Pennino
 ||`* Re: Can science prove time is not real?Sylvia Else
 || `- Re: Can science prove time is not real?Maciej Wozniak
 |`* Re: Can science prove time is not real?J. J. Lodder
 | `* Re: Can science prove time is not real?Maciej Wozniak
 |  `* Re: Can science prove time is not real?Laurence Clark Crossen
 |   `* Re: Can science prove time is not real?Laurence Clark Crossen
 |    `* Re: Can science prove time is not real?The Starmaker
 |     `- Re: Can science prove time is not real?The Starmaker
 `- Re: Can science prove time is not real?The Starmaker

1
Can science prove time is not real?

<ecf53248-c8e7-4a12-90e9-1be48e8bed7cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108085&group=sci.physics.relativity#108085

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:52:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Can science prove time is not real?
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 18:52 UTC

why are you using a clock?

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<64064422.3FDB@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108090&group=sci.physics.relativity#108090

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Subject: Re: Can science prove time is not real?
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 11:50:58 -0800
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:50 UTC

mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:

> why are you using a clock?
>
> Mitchell Raemsch

Okay, help me with my Time problem...

If you got one twin on earth..
and his watch sez 12:00pm...
and the other twin is on
the Moon...and his watch
sez 1200:pm

and he walks to
the otherside
of the moom..
What time does his watch sez?

I mean, is it 12:00pm no matter
what time zone he is on the Moon?

I mean, is it still the same time
whether it is daytime or nighttime on the moon???

Is it 12:00pm everywhere on the Moon????

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<k6nnqfFen5eU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108116&group=sci.physics.relativity#108116

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:02:39 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 03:02 UTC

On 07-Mar-23 6:50 am, The Starmaker wrote:
> mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> why are you using a clock?
>>
>> Mitchell Raemsch
>

> Okay, help me with my Time problem...
>
> If you got one twin on earth..
> and his watch sez 12:00pm...
> and the other twin is on
> the Moon...and his watch
> sez 1200:pm
>
> and he walks to
> the otherside
> of the moom..
> What time does his watch sez?
>
> I mean, is it 12:00pm no matter
> what time zone he is on the Moon?
>
> I mean, is it still the same time
> whether it is daytime or nighttime on the moon???
>
> Is it 12:00pm everywhere on the Moon????

Time zones are a human invention intended to allow what a local clock
shows to correspond to approximately the same point in the daily cycle
regardless of where one is on Earth (very approximately, in the case of
some parts of China).

Since lunar days are a month long, time zones in the terrestrial sense
will never be used. Moon bases, if they ever exist, will probably set
their clocks according the local time of whatever terrestrial entity
owns the base.

Sylvia.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<k6nsosFh524U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108120&group=sci.physics.relativity#108120

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:27:07 -0600
 by: whodat - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 04:27 UTC

On 3/6/2023 9:02 PM, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 07-Mar-23 6:50 am, The Starmaker wrote:
>> mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> why are you using a clock?
>>>
>>> Mitchell Raemsch
>>

>> Okay, help me with my Time problem...
>>
>> If you got one twin on earth..
>> and his watch sez 12:00pm...
>> and the other twin is on
>> the Moon...and his watch
>> sez 1200:pm
>>
>> and he walks to
>> the otherside
>> of the moom..
>> What time does his watch sez?
>>
>> I mean, is it 12:00pm no matter
>> what time zone he is on the Moon?
>>
>> I mean, is it still the same time
>> whether it is daytime or nighttime on the moon???
>>
>> Is it 12:00pm everywhere on the Moon????
>>

> Time zones are a human invention intended to allow what a local clock
> shows to correspond to approximately the same point in the daily cycle
> regardless of where one is on Earth (very approximately, in the case of
> some parts of China).
>
> Since lunar days are a month long, time zones in the terrestrial sense
> will never be used. Moon bases, if they ever exist, will probably set
> their clocks according the local time of whatever terrestrial entity
> owns the base.
>
> Sylvia.

"Starmaker" does not comprehend the difference of elapsed time between
events and the human usage of locally assigned time. Most of the
questions he raises in these newsgroups are based on common word
applications without any ability to appreciate the essential nuances
implicit in specific usages. It gets even worse because he apparently
cannot fathom the specifics associated with words i.e. "two," "to," and
"too." One can easily see his consistent use of the wrong version of
words in his postings. Initially I thought he was just trying to be
funny but eventually the true nature of his handicap in these regards
became apparent.

As a result I've stopped reading his input because he clearly intends to
avoid achieving any progress while clearly demonstrating his intention
to remain the clown in the back of a classroom while also clearly often
demonstrating an inebriated state when posting.

Where it comes to wasting my time I have much better ways to achieve
that.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<pdqidj-vtjc.ln1@gonzo.specsol.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108121&group=sci.physics.relativity#108121

From: jim...@gonzo.specsol.net (Jim Pennino)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:16:27 -0800
 by: Jim Pennino - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 04:16 UTC

In sci.physics Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:
> On 07-Mar-23 6:50 am, The Starmaker wrote:
>> mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> why are you using a clock?
>>>
>>> Mitchell Raemsch
>>

>> Okay, help me with my Time problem...
>>
>> If you got one twin on earth..
>> and his watch sez 12:00pm...
>> and the other twin is on
>> the Moon...and his watch
>> sez 1200:pm
>>
>> and he walks to
>> the otherside
>> of the moom..
>> What time does his watch sez?
>>
>> I mean, is it 12:00pm no matter
>> what time zone he is on the Moon?
>>
>> I mean, is it still the same time
>> whether it is daytime or nighttime on the moon???
>>
>> Is it 12:00pm everywhere on the Moon????
>>

> Time zones are a human invention intended to allow what a local clock
> shows to correspond to approximately the same point in the daily cycle
> regardless of where one is on Earth (very approximately, in the case of
> some parts of China).
>
> Since lunar days are a month long, time zones in the terrestrial sense
> will never be used. Moon bases, if they ever exist, will probably set
> their clocks according the local time of whatever terrestrial entity
> owns the base.
>
> Sylvia.

That is what has been done to date, but see this:

https://scitechdaily.com/what-time-is-it-on-the-moon-advancing-a-new-lunar-timezone/

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<k6nu17Fen5eU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108122&group=sci.physics.relativity#108122

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 15:48:39 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 04:48 UTC

On 07-Mar-23 3:16 pm, Jim Pennino wrote:
> In sci.physics Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:

>>> Okay, help me with my Time problem...
>>>
>>> If you got one twin on earth..
>>> and his watch sez 12:00pm...
>>> and the other twin is on
>>> the Moon...and his watch
>>> sez 1200:pm
>>>
>>> and he walks to
>>> the otherside
>>> of the moom..
>>> What time does his watch sez?
>>>
>>> I mean, is it 12:00pm no matter
>>> what time zone he is on the Moon?
>>>
>>> I mean, is it still the same time
>>> whether it is daytime or nighttime on the moon???
>>>
>>> Is it 12:00pm everywhere on the Moon????
>>>

>> Time zones are a human invention intended to allow what a local clock
>> shows to correspond to approximately the same point in the daily cycle
>> regardless of where one is on Earth (very approximately, in the case of
>> some parts of China).
>>
>> Since lunar days are a month long, time zones in the terrestrial sense
>> will never be used. Moon bases, if they ever exist, will probably set
>> their clocks according the local time of whatever terrestrial entity
>> owns the base.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>>

> That is what has been done to date, but see this:
>
> https://scitechdaily.com/what-time-is-it-on-the-moon-advancing-a-new-lunar-timezone/

A common reference time is clearly useful, but at this point it probably
makes more sense to use Earth based atomic time. But even then, there's
no reason for wall clocks on the Moon to track that exactly. They'll
probably still be based on the local time of the terrestrial owner.

Sylvia.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<24a357d0-dc8d-4f03-b877-58114b133607n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108132&group=sci.physics.relativity#108132

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 23:07:20 -0800 (PST)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 07:07 UTC

On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 05:48:43 UTC+1, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 07-Mar-23 3:16 pm, Jim Pennino wrote:

> >> Time zones are a human invention intended to allow what a local clock
> >> shows to correspond to approximately the same point in the daily cycle
> >> regardless of where one is on Earth (very approximately, in the case of
> >> some parts of China).
> >>
> >> Since lunar days are a month long, time zones in the terrestrial sense
> >> will never be used. Moon bases, if they ever exist, will probably set
> >> their clocks according the local time of whatever terrestrial entity
> >> owns the base.
> >>
> >> Sylvia.
> >>

> > That is what has been done to date, but see this:
> >
> > https://scitechdaily.com/what-time-is-it-on-the-moon-advancing-a-new-lunar-timezone/
> >

> A common reference time is clearly useful, but at this point it probably
> makes more sense to use Earth based atomic time. But even then, there's
> no reason for wall clocks on the Moon to track that exactly. They'll
> probably still be based on the local time of the terrestrial owner.

For sure no serious clocks will ever rely on the nonsense
invented by Your insane gurus.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<6406FF45.6EE9@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108144&group=sci.physics.relativity#108144

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 01:09:25 -0800
 by: The Starmaker - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 09:09 UTC

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> Horribly telling that this shithead government spammer can make new threads to sci.physics while the people actually doing physics in sci.physics cannot.

Learn grasshopper...

First, by now yous notice https://www.aioe.org/ newsserver is gone,
chrashed for some time already?

That only leaves with one left
a free Usenet newsserver...

http://www.eternal-september.org/
http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=techinfo

news.eternal-september.org

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<1q77w7w.1gueqyn1crgmm5N%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108148&group=sci.physics.relativity#108148

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 11:14:32 +0100
 by: J. J. Lodder - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:14 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote:

> On 07-Mar-23 6:50 am, The Starmaker wrote:
> > mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> why are you using a clock?
> >>
> >> Mitchell Raemsch
> >

> > Okay, help me with my Time problem...
> >
> > If you got one twin on earth..
> > and his watch sez 12:00pm...
> > and the other twin is on
> > the Moon...and his watch
> > sez 1200:pm
> >
> > and he walks to
> > the otherside
> > of the moom..
> > What time does his watch sez?
> >
> > I mean, is it 12:00pm no matter
> > what time zone he is on the Moon?
> >
> > I mean, is it still the same time
> > whether it is daytime or nighttime on the moon???
> >
> > Is it 12:00pm everywhere on the Moon????
> >

> Time zones are a human invention intended to allow what a local clock
> shows to correspond to approximately the same point in the daily cycle
> regardless of where one is on Earth (very approximately, in the case of
> some parts of China).
>
> Since lunar days are a month long, time zones in the terrestrial sense
> will never be used. Moon bases, if they ever exist, will probably set
> their clocks according the local time of whatever terrestrial entity owns
> the base.

As is already done in permanent stations in Antarctica.
Some stations shift though, with a different time for summer and winter.
Nothing deep there, just practicalities,

Jan

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<d7a6df9a-a2b3-443c-8ab8-2ed60ad299fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108149&group=sci.physics.relativity#108149

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 02:29:36 -0800 (PST)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:29 UTC

On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 11:14:35 UTC+1, J. J. Lodder wrote:

> As is already done in permanent stations in Antarctica.
> Some stations shift though, with a different time for summer and winter.
> Nothing deep there, just practicalities,

No Lorentz transforms, no "Laws of Nature" mumbo
jumbo, just clocks and time.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<9c06556f-7661-4ea2-8641-6d2a8e5f1e23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108321&group=sci.physics.relativity#108321

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 17:40:23 -0800 (PST)
From: l.c.cros...@hotmail.com (Laurence Clark Crossen)
 by: Laurence Clark Cross - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 01:40 UTC

On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 2:29:38 AM UTC-8, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 11:14:35 UTC+1, J. J. Lodder wrote:
>
> > As is already done in permanent stations in Antarctica.
> > Some stations shift though, with a different time for summer and winter..
> > Nothing deep there, just practicalities,
> No Lorentz transforms, no "Laws of Nature" mumbo
> jumbo, just clocks and time.
Yes, time is absolute and universal. Time is real because change is real. There is no block universe with the past present and future existing at once because there is only three dimensions. So, no science cannot prove time is real. Relativity is pseudo-scientific nonsense.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<3ec742ae-721d-498e-b8e4-fa9fe38d5c81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108328&group=sci.physics.relativity#108328

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:52:50 -0800 (PST)
From: l.c.cros...@hotmail.com (Laurence Clark Crossen)
 by: Laurence Clark Cross - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 04:52 UTC

On Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 5:40:24 PM UTC-8, Laurence Clark Crossen wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 2:29:38 AM UTC-8, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 11:14:35 UTC+1, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> >
> > > As is already done in permanent stations in Antarctica.
> > > Some stations shift though, with a different time for summer and winter.
> > > Nothing deep there, just practicalities,
> > No Lorentz transforms, no "Laws of Nature" mumbo
> > jumbo, just clocks and time.
> Yes, time is absolute and universal. Time is real because change is real. There is no block universe with the past present and future existing at once because there is only three dimensions. So, no science cannot prove time is real. Relativity is pseudo-scientific nonsense.
CORRECTION: Of course, I meant "no science cannot prove time is NOT real" as you can tell. Can I blame my grammar checker? Time is distance divided by speed as in 2 hours= 60 miles/ 30 mph. A correct definition of time as applicable to physics is necessary to avoid relativity errors. Time dilation is ad hoc nonsense.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<64099071.65C5@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108348&group=sci.physics.relativity#108348

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 23:53:21 -0800
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 07:53 UTC

Laurence Clark Crossen wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 5:40:24 PM UTC-8, Laurence Clark Crossen wrote:

> > > No Lorentz transforms, no "Laws of Nature" mumbo
> > > jumbo, just clocks and time.
> > Yes, time is absolute and universal. Time is real because change is real. There is no block universe with the past present and future existing at once because there is only three dimensions. So, no science cannot prove time is real. Relativity is pseudo-scientific nonsense.
> CORRECTION: Of course, I meant "no science cannot prove time is NOT real" as you can tell. Can I blame my grammar checker? Time is distance divided by speed as in 2 hours= 60 miles/ 30 mph. A correct definition of time as applicable to physics is necessary to avoid relativity errors. Time dilation is ad hoc nonsense.

You can blame your iphone checker.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Can science prove time is not real?

<640A3A7B.2CBA@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108417&group=sci.physics.relativity#108417

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 11:58:51 -0800
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 19:58 UTC

The Starmaker wrote:

> Laurence Clark Crossen wrote:

> > > Yes, time is absolute and universal. Time is real because change is real. There is no block universe with the past present and future existing at once because there is only three dimensions. So, no science cannot prove time is real. Relativity is pseudo-scientific nonsense.
> > CORRECTION: Of course, I meant "no science cannot prove time is NOT real" as you can tell. Can I blame my grammar checker? Time is distance divided by speed as in 2 hours= 60 miles/ 30 mph. A correct definition of time as applicable to physics is necessary to avoid relativity errors. Time dilation is ad hoc nonsense.
>
> You can blame your iphone checker.

pretending to be a anti-einstein, dats a good one..

in your excitement in getting back you make mistakes...

but you're still...Odd.