A little suffering is good for the soul. -- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

SubjectAuthor
* New courses and languages on OpenWHO this montha a
`* Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this monthFred Bloggs
 +* Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this montha a
 |`- Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this monthFred Bloggs
 `* Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this monthMartin Brown
  +- Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this monthJeroen Belleman
  `* Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this montha a
   `* Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this montha a
    +- Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this montha a
    `* Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this monthFred Bloggs
     `- Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this montha a

1
New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<c40761de-5c25-4720-b5c4-4361b4112d83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108741&group=sci.electronics.design#108741

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 09:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:37 UTC

New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

New course series on the clinical management of rape and intimate partner violence in humanitarian settings

Sexual violence and intimate partner violence can be especially problematic in complex emergencies and natural disasters. In these situations, women and children are often targets of abuse, exploitation, and violence because of their sex, age and status in society. This five-course series is intended for healthcare workers providing services to survivors of rape and intimate partner violence in humanitarian settings. For a better learning experience, we recommend accessing the courses in the order listed below:

Introduction to the clinical management of rape and intimate partner violence in humanitarian settings
Mental health and psychosocial support: Clinical management of rape and intimate partner violence in humanitarian settings
Management of intimate partner violence in humanitarian settings
First-line support: Clinical management of rape and intimate partner violence in humanitarian settings
Clinical management of rape

New course on delivering quality health services to refugees and migrants from Ukraine

OpenWHO launched a course on delivering quality health services to refugees and migrants from Ukraine, the first WHO course in video format to support health workers in hosting and receiving countries to provide quality and safe care that is responsive to the circumstances and particular health needs of people from Ukraine seeking health assistance.
Try out our new interactive features in our new course on Chemical and Biological Deliberate events

The course CBDE Awareness: Recognizing Signs of Deliberate Release of Chemical or Biological Agents aims to ensure that emergency responders recognize possible deliberate events with chemical or biological agents and know the different response types this will require compared to other emergencies. You will have the opportunity to explore interactive videos and exercises, with pop-up texts and knowledge checks across the course modules. A new OpenWHO learning experience is at your fingertips!
New courses and languages

We are pleased to announce the following courses that were also recently made available:

Buruli ulcer: training of health workers at national and district levels on skin Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs): This course is intended to provide basic information for front line health workers to be able to implement the recommended control measures to minimize the negative impact of Buruli ulcer on populations.

Neglected tropical diseases: road map and sustainability framework 2021-2030: OpenWHO courses: The learning package comprises two online courses that aim to give participants a comprehensive overview of the overriding strategic goals and key challenges that NTD professionals and programmes are likely to face over the coming decade: 1) NTD road map strategy; and 2) the Sustainability Framework.

One Health in action against Neglected Tropical Diseases: This course provides practical ideas, tools and examples to enable each of us to take One Health action towards the global goal of substantially reducing the burden of NTDs by 2030

WHO costing and budgeting tool for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: The aim of this course is to introduce the WHO costing and budgeting tool for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance (AMR). The tool is designed to support operationalization and to accelerate implementation of national action plans on AMR.

6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: This course covers the 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on AMR from the “WHO implementation handbook for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: guidance for the human health sector”.

Health inequality monitoring foundations courses: This 5- course series addresses the need for capacity strengthening in health inequality monitoring, with courses organized according to the following topics: an overview of terminology and concepts, data sources, health disaggregation, summary measures of health inequality and reporting.

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<9c8c7d56-14ec-4a9d-ab01-8e387428bd7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108750&group=sci.electronics.design#108750

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 13:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 20:29 UTC

On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> [...]
>
> 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: This course covers the 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on AMR from the “WHO implementation handbook for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: guidance for the human health sector”.
>
> Health inequality monitoring foundations courses: This 5- course series addresses the need for capacity strengthening in health inequality monitoring, with courses organized according to the following topics: an overview of terminology and concepts, data sources, health disaggregation, summary measures of health inequality and reporting.

What do you now about any of it?

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<fd61a479-17bd-4fce-9f56-57c9beabdc8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108765&group=sci.electronics.design#108765

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 04:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 11:58 UTC

On Monday, 24 October 2022 at 22:30:02 UTC+2, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: This course covers the 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on AMR from the “WHO implementation handbook for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: guidance for the human health sector”.
> >
> > Health inequality monitoring foundations courses: This 5- course series addresses the need for capacity strengthening in health inequality monitoring, with courses organized according to the following topics: an overview of terminology and concepts, data sources, health disaggregation, summary measures of health inequality and reporting.
thank you for your interest

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<7ef338d9-dc49-441e-b0f2-9b6fcc77c841n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108766&group=sci.electronics.design#108766

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 07:31:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 14:31 UTC

On Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 7:58:39 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: This course covers the 6 steps for sustainable implementation of national action plans on AMR from the “WHO implementation handbook for national action plans on antimicrobial resistance: guidance for the human health sector”.
> > >
> > > Health inequality monitoring foundations courses: This 5- course series addresses the need for capacity strengthening in health inequality monitoring, with courses organized according to the following topics: an overview of terminology and concepts, data sources, health disaggregation, summary measures of health inequality and reporting.

The courses are what's known as Public Health administration. What is your interest in the operational details of public health administration?

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<tj9cdd$mql$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108778&group=sci.electronics.design#108778

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 20:11:39 +0100
 by: Martin Brown - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:11 UTC

On 24/10/2022 21:29, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
>> New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

> What do you now about any of it?

Stop reposting "A A" shit or you will end up in everyone's kill file.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<tj9cr6$11rn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108779&group=sci.electronics.design#108779

From: jer...@nospam.please (Jeroen Belleman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:19:01 +0200
 by: Jeroen Belleman - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:19 UTC

On 2022-10-25 21:11, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 24/10/2022 21:29, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> [Doesn't matter...]
>
>> What do you now about any of it?
>
> Stop reposting "A A" shit or you will end up in everyone's kill file.

Does Fred ever contribute anything useful then? Do we care what
catastrophe prediction he's echoing this week?

Jeroen Belleman

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<098714be-96f1-4ae6-be90-bb083079b8b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108780&group=sci.electronics.design#108780

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:25 UTC

Covid19 is not over yet

1 USA 99,123,438 +14,042 1,093,153 +84
4 Germany 35,288,228 +115,535 152,755 +273
108 China 257,583 +221 5,226

It's better to deepen your knowledge on the subject than to downplay it.

WHO is a good contact point

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<735104c6-b262-474a-aa54-9ff39228845cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108812&group=sci.electronics.design#108812

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 02:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:09 UTC

Global News
New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month
Celebrating World Humanitarian Day

As we mark World Humanitarian Day on 19 August, OpenWHO is proud to host free multilingual learning resources to support the response to humanitarian crises. This includes a new course on food insecurity available in English and French, as well as 18 courses in Ukrainian to support the response to health emergencies in Ukraine.

OpenWHO also offers online courses that address many diseases currently causing outbreaks, including:

Monkeypox: Introduction | Intermediate
Yellow fever: Introduction
Cholera: Introduction | Vaccines | Kits
Polio: Introduction
Marburg: Introduction
Leptospirosis: Introduction
Plague: Introduction | Resources
Lassa fever: Introduction

New courses and languages

We are pleased to announce the following courses that were recently made available:

The Food Insecurity and Health Readiness and Response Strategic Framework: This course introduces the basic concept of food insecurity, the main implications of food insecurity and food crises on health, health systems and programming, and the structure and content of the Strategic Framework. The course is also available in French.
African Vaccines Regulatory Forum clinical trials inspections: This online training is designed to complement the African Vaccine Regulatory Forum (AVAREF) guideline and checklist for the inspection of clinical trials.
Malaria elimination: This course aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate a programme for malaria elimination and prevention of re-establishment of transmission.
Inequality monitoring in HIV, tuberculosis and malaria: This course introduces the general steps of inequality monitoring in the context of HIV, TB and malaria, which should be an integral part of country programmes.
Understanding and using WHO guidelines on tuberculosis: This course explains how TB guidelines are developed, how the GRADE approach relates, how to interpret the certainty of evidence, and how guidelines can be accessed and adapted to the local context.
Onchocerciasis: training of health workers at national and district levels on skin-NTDs: This course examines the epidemiology of onchocerciasis, clinical aspects, impact, diagnosis, treatment and control, elimination, public health interventions and role of community health workers.
Noma: training of health workers at national and district levels on skin-NTDs: This course addresses epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, diagnosis, treatment and public health considerations, including the human rights perspective of noma.

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<51165477-2af8-4aa1-9758-49423a56e7a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108813&group=sci.electronics.design#108813

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 02:30:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:30 UTC

New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

We are pleased to announce the following courses that were recently made available:

COVID-19 respiratory equipment: This course teaches how to choose the right equipment for your facility, how to set up new respiratory equipment, how to clinically use respiratory equipment, how to maintain equipment, including troubleshooting, repairs and infection prevention and control, and how to decommission equipment.
Vaccine Safety Basics: The aim of this course is to provide healthcare professionals whose work involve vaccine safety issues, with essential knowledge about vaccines and their safety aspects.
Measles outbreak training: This course provides the essential preparedness, detection, investigation, response and recovery skills required to contain a measles outbreak.
Safety in administering medicines for neglected tropical diseases: This course provides practical tools, training modules and job aids to further improve the planning, preparation and monitoring of safe administration of NTD medicines.
Surgical site infections: This course will cover global surgical site infections (SSI) burden, risk factors and prevention measures you can take to reduce SSI.

Join OpenWHO in the fight against TB

Though TB is a preventable and curable disease, it remains one of the world’s deadliest infectious killers. Each day, over 4 100 people lose their lives to TB, and close to 28 000 people fall ill. Progress has been made globally. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has put these gains at risk.

Learn more on how to fight TB through the courses available on our End TB channel: 1) Tuberculosis preventive treatment; 2) Rapid diagnostics for tuberculosis detection; and 3) Drug-resistant tuberculosis treatment.

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<fb665716-295e-4e7c-b78b-db92c4252f8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108850&group=sci.electronics.design#108850

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 13:03:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 20:03 UTC

On Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 5:25:44 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 8:09:54 PM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> > Global News
> > New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month
> > Celebrating World Humanitarian Day
> >
> > As we mark World Humanitarian Day on 19 August, OpenWHO is proud to host free multilingual learning resources to support the response to humanitarian crises. This includes a new course on food insecurity available in English and French, as well as 18 courses in Ukrainian to support the response to health emergencies in Ukraine.
> >
> > OpenWHO also offers online courses that address many diseases currently causing outbreaks, including:
> <snip>
>
> No mention of a treatment for a_a_itis - the eruption of irrelevant posts on forums devoted to subject completely different from the ones a a wants to tell us about.
>
> Contempt doesn't seem to work.

It's only irrelevant to ignorant buffoons. You might notice that every one of the great advances being made is a result of advanced instrumentation almost all of which is electronics-based. Then of course there's a huge amount of physics and advanced mathematics involved. You think clinicians are doing all this themselves?

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: New courses and languages on OpenWHO this month

<8d06651e-682f-48ae-bafa-2902195163e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=108889&group=sci.electronics.design#108889

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 02:55:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 09:55 UTC

On Thursday, 27 October 2022 at 03:43:31 UTC+2, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 7:03:57 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote:
from 1976 to 1079.

really ?>