Got Mole problems? Call Avogadro at 6.02 x 10^23.

tech / rec.photo.digital / What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparision

SubjectAuthor
* What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparisionRichA
`* Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is aIncubus
 `* Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparisionRichA
  `- Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is aIncubus

1
What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparision

<9ac6d1e5-4143-4ee8-88fb-68c9f42ebb3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10978&group=rec.photo.digital#10978

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 16:39:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparision
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 00:39 UTC

1. Blur the scene out. Shoot images of it.
2. Shoot images of it and process it through the A.I. in the phone, or whatever.
3. Shoot images of the scene normally.

See how accurate the A.I. is in reproducing the scene.

Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparision

<slrnss0kcg.46g.u9536612@localhost.localdomain>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10990&group=rec.photo.digital#10990

From: u9536...@gmail.com (Incubus)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a
comparision
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:49:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Incubus - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:49 UTC

On 2021-12-17, RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Blur the scene out. Shoot images of it.
> 2. Shoot images of it and process it through the A.I. in the phone, or whatever.
> 3. Shoot images of the scene normally.
>
> See how accurate the A.I. is in reproducing the scene.

I have seen sample images where eyes of animals or children look like
they are wearing mascara...

All these tools are a crutch for improper technique. Having said that,
some professionals like them because if they miss focus, they can still
present the image to their client. Personally, I would find it
unsatisfying to have an image that has been "enhanced".

Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparision

<432fd22c-ba1e-4312-8214-1b534fa0212bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10992&group=rec.photo.digital#10992

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:03:58 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 00:03 UTC

On Monday, 20 December 2021 at 04:49:10 UTC-5, Incubus wrote:
> On 2021-12-17, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. Blur the scene out. Shoot images of it.
> > 2. Shoot images of it and process it through the A.I. in the phone, or whatever.
> > 3. Shoot images of the scene normally.
> >
> > See how accurate the A.I. is in reproducing the scene.
> I have seen sample images where eyes of animals or children look like
> they are wearing mascara...
>
> All these tools are a crutch for improper technique. Having said that,
> some professionals like them because if they miss focus, they can still
> present the image to their client. Personally, I would find it
> unsatisfying to have an image that has been "enhanced".

Personally, I don't care about advertising or whatever pro photog stuff is done, but documentary photography, or worse, scientific photography
should never rely on this stiff.

Re: What they need to prove the value of A.I. assisted imaging is a comparision

<slrnss3cnl.pgm.u9536612@localhost.localdomain>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=10998&group=rec.photo.digital#10998

From: u9536...@gmail.com (Incubus)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
comparision
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:56:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Incubus - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:56 UTC

On 2021-12-21, RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 20 December 2021 at 04:49:10 UTC-5, Incubus wrote:
>> On 2021-12-17, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > 1. Blur the scene out. Shoot images of it.
>> > 2. Shoot images of it and process it through the A.I. in the phone, or whatever.
>> > 3. Shoot images of the scene normally.
>> >
>> > See how accurate the A.I. is in reproducing the scene.
>> I have seen sample images where eyes of animals or children look like
>> they are wearing mascara...
>>
>> All these tools are a crutch for improper technique. Having said that,
>> some professionals like them because if they miss focus, they can still
>> present the image to their client. Personally, I would find it
>> unsatisfying to have an image that has been "enhanced".
>
> Personally, I don't care about advertising or whatever pro photog stuff is done, but documentary photography, or worse, scientific photography
> should never rely on this stiff.

I agree and I understand it's not supposed to. I consider all of my
photographs documentary in the sense that they capture a scene or an
objeect &c. as it was.