From: nob...@example.com (Jay Hennigan)
Newsgroups: alt.locksmithing
Subject: Re: Have a Major Safe, probably 45 years old. Moved it from office to home.
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 16:08:42 -0700
 by: Jay Hennigan - Sun, 2 May 2021 23:08 UTC

On 2021-04-19 17:46:45 +0000, Patricia Bedford said:

> Was able to open after the move, but not necessary to always lock. Emptied
> safe and locked and took several attempts before being able to unlock. It is a
> long combination with several turns and four stops. Is there anything
> that I can
> do to make it easier to lock and unlock after all this time?

Yes. Next time you get it unlocked, LEAVE IT UNLOCKED! (Yes, I'm
shouting.) Contact a local locksmith who is a member of SAVTA to
service it. It's several orders of magnitude easier for the locksmith
and cheaper for the customer to repair a malfunctioning safe when it's
unlocked.

This link should help you find a reputable sefe technician.
https://www.clearstar.com/yellform.htm