The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

SubjectAuthor
* Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youRichA
+- Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youBill W
`* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youNeil
 `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youRichA
  +* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youKen Hart
   `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ yougeoff
    `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youBill W
     +* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youNeil
     |`* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youBill W
     | `- Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youNeil
     `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ yougeoff
      `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youBill W
       `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ yougeoff
        `* Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ youBill W
         `- Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ yougeoff

1
Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<7bb84176-d7bf-435f-adc2-389b83ee5146n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11026&group=rec.photo.digital#11026

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:18:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:18 UTC

Changes to the IRS minimum reporting threshold in 2022
The IRS is lowering the Form 1099-K reporting threshold. Starting on January 1, 2022, IRS regulations require all businesses that process payments, including online marketplaces like eBay, to issue a Form 1099-K to sellers who receive $600 or more in gross payouts. If you receive more than $600 in gross payouts over the course of the 2022 calendar year, we’ll provide a Form 1099-K to you by January 31, 2023. Your 2021 tax obligations aren’t affected by this change.

If you haven’t already given us your Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), we'll ask you to provide it once you reach $600 in sales. This information is required for all sellers with sales over the threshold amount ($600 for 2022). If you don't provide us with an SSN, EIN, or ITIN, your payouts will be put on hold, and we may deduct backup withholding from future payouts.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<0001HW.2775657201D9BC9630B34138F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11027&group=rec.photo.digital#11027

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Subject: Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:18:26 -0600
 by: Bill W - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 02:18 UTC

On Dec 23, 2021, RichA wrote
(in article<7bb84176-d7bf-435f-adc2-389b83ee5146n@googlegroups.com>):

> Changes to the IRS minimum reporting threshold in 2022
> The IRS is lowering the Form 1099-K reporting threshold. Starting on January
> 1, 2022, IRS regulations require all businesses that process payments,
> including online marketplaces like eBay, to issue a Form 1099-K to sellers
> who receive $600 or more in gross payouts. If you receive more than $600 in
> gross payouts over the course of the 2022 calendar year, we’ll provide a
> Form 1099-K to you by January 31, 2023. Your 2021 tax obligations aren’t
> affected by this change.
>
> If you haven’t already given us your Social Security Number (SSN), Employer
> Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN),
> we'll ask you to provide it once you reach $600 in sales. This information is
> required for all sellers with sales over the threshold amount ($600 for
> 2022). If you don't provide us with an SSN, EIN, or ITIN, your payouts will
> be put on hold, and we may deduct backup withholding from future payouts.

You don’t have to pay taxes on sales of personal items that you sell for
less than your original purchase price. At least that’s the way I’m
reading things.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<sq504j$jb4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11031&group=rec.photo.digital#11031

From: nei...@myplaceofwork.com (Neil)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:30:57 -0500
 by: Neil - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:30 UTC

On 12/23/2021 8:18 PM, RichA wrote:
> Changes to the IRS minimum reporting threshold in 2022
> The IRS is lowering the Form 1099-K reporting threshold. Starting on January 1, 2022, IRS regulations require all businesses that process payments, including online marketplaces like eBay, to issue a Form 1099-K to sellers who receive $600 or more in gross payouts. If you receive more than $600 in gross payouts over the course of the 2022 calendar year, we’ll provide a Form 1099-K to you by January 31, 2023. Your 2021 tax obligations aren’t affected by this change.
>
> If you haven’t already given us your Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), we'll ask you to provide it once you reach $600 in sales. This information is required for all sellers with sales over the threshold amount ($600 for 2022). If you don't provide us with an SSN, EIN, or ITIN, your payouts will be put on hold, and we may deduct backup withholding from future payouts.

Please get a f...... clue. If you are not a business owner, none of this
is relevant to you.

Businesses have always had to report sales income, and there has always
been an amount over which special reporting was required. In many cases,
there are State and Local requirements for this as well.

--
best regards,

Neil

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<c45da337-9cbe-439f-8454-bab5f82ec69an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11033&group=rec.photo.digital#11033

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 23:41:07 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 07:41 UTC

On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 12:31:04 UTC-5, Neil wrote:
> On 12/23/2021 8:18 PM, RichA wrote:
> > Changes to the IRS minimum reporting threshold in 2022
> > The IRS is lowering the Form 1099-K reporting threshold. Starting on January 1, 2022, IRS regulations require all businesses that process payments, including online marketplaces like eBay, to issue a Form 1099-K to sellers who receive $600 or more in gross payouts. If you receive more than $600 in gross payouts over the course of the 2022 calendar year, we’ll provide a Form 1099-K to you by January 31, 2023. Your 2021 tax obligations aren’t affected by this change.
> >
> > If you haven’t already given us your Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), we'll ask you to provide it once you reach $600 in sales. This information is required for all sellers with sales over the threshold amount ($600 for 2022). If you don't provide us with an SSN, EIN, or ITIN, your payouts will be put on hold, and we may deduct backup withholding from future payouts.
> Please get a f...... clue. If you are not a business owner, none of this
> is relevant to you.
>
> Businesses have always had to report sales income, and there has always
> been an amount over which special reporting was required. In many cases,
> there are State and Local requirements for this as well.

Really? Then ask yourself what the IRS would say constitutes a business. Start selling any amount on Ebay, they can force you to declare it.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<sq7ko0$op7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11035&group=rec.photo.digital#11035

From: kwha...@centurylink.net (Ken Hart)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 12:34:55 -0500
 by: Ken Hart - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 17:34 UTC

On 12/25/21 2:41 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 12:31:04 UTC-5, Neil wrote:
>> On 12/23/2021 8:18 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Changes to the IRS minimum reporting threshold in 2022
>>> The IRS is lowering the Form 1099-K reporting threshold. Starting on January 1, 2022, IRS regulations require all businesses that process payments, including online marketplaces like eBay, to issue a Form 1099-K to sellers who receive $600 or more in gross payouts. If you receive more than $600 in gross payouts over the course of the 2022 calendar year, we’ll provide a Form 1099-K to you by January 31, 2023. Your 2021 tax obligations aren’t affected by this change.
>>>
>>> If you haven’t already given us your Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), we'll ask you to provide it once you reach $600 in sales. This information is required for all sellers with sales over the threshold amount ($600 for 2022). If you don't provide us with an SSN, EIN, or ITIN, your payouts will be put on hold, and we may deduct backup withholding from future payouts.
>> Please get a f...... clue. If you are not a business owner, none of this
>> is relevant to you.
>>
>> Businesses have always had to report sales income, and there has always
>> been an amount over which special reporting was required. In many cases,
>> there are State and Local requirements for this as well.
>

> Really? Then ask yourself what the IRS would say constitutes a business. Start selling any amount on Ebay, they can force you to declare it.

Any amount? No.

According to TurboTax:

"Not every eBay sale is subject to income tax, but most are. If you use
the site to get rid of household articles you've used in the past, you
may qualify for "occasional garage or yard sale" treatment. According to
the IRS, if your online auction sales are the Internet equivalent of an
occasional garage or yard sale, you generally do not have to report
income from those sales.

Assuming that you originally bought the used items for more money than
you are selling them for, you don't have to report the income received
from the eBay sale. For example, if you sell a bicycle that you paid
$500 for two years ago for $350 on eBay, you usually don't have to
notify the IRS—but you can't claim a loss on it.

Hobby sales must be reported

If you and the IRS classify your eBay sales as a hobby, you'll have to
report the income on Form 1040. For tax years prior to 2018, you report
your expenses are an itemize deduction on Schedule A. Beginning in 2018,
you are no longer eligible to take a deduction for hobby expenses.

Since you cannot use hobby expenses to reduce your hobby income, you
won't be able to use a loss from hobby sales to reduce other income.
This can be important if you make money in other activities.

However, if your eBay activities are considered a business, you can use
your loss as a deduction to reduce your other business income, say from
landscaping. For example, let’s say that you have:

A net loss of $5,000 from your eBay sales operation.
A taxable income of $15,000 from a landscaping business.
$15,000 (income) - $5,000 (loss) = $10,000 (business income).

Distinguishing between a hobby and a business is not an exact science.
The IRS looks to many factors including:

Frequency of your eBay sales
How much you earn
How much time you spend working on the hobby
"

--
Ken Hart
kwhart1@centurylink.net

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<251220211400041704%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11036&group=rec.photo.digital#11036

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 14:00:04 -0500
 by: nospam - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 19:00 UTC

In article <sq7ko0$op7$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Ken Hart
<kwhart1@centurylink.net> wrote:

> According to TurboTax:

turbotax, along with other online sources, can only give very general
advice and only an idiot would follow any of it.

consult a qualified tax accountant and/or attorney with the specifics
about *your* situation.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<sq9nhf$7vb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11039&group=rec.photo.digital#11039

From: nei...@myplaceofwork.com (Neil)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 07:34:52 -0500
 by: Neil - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 12:34 UTC

On 12/25/2021 2:41 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 12:31:04 UTC-5, Neil wrote:
>> On 12/23/2021 8:18 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Changes to the IRS minimum reporting threshold in 2022
>>> The IRS is lowering the Form 1099-K reporting threshold. Starting on January 1, 2022, IRS regulations require all businesses that process payments, including online marketplaces like eBay, to issue a Form 1099-K to sellers who receive $600 or more in gross payouts. If you receive more than $600 in gross payouts over the course of the 2022 calendar year, we’ll provide a Form 1099-K to you by January 31, 2023. Your 2021 tax obligations aren’t affected by this change.
>>>
>>> If you haven’t already given us your Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), we'll ask you to provide it once you reach $600 in sales. This information is required for all sellers with sales over the threshold amount ($600 for 2022). If you don't provide us with an SSN, EIN, or ITIN, your payouts will be put on hold, and we may deduct backup withholding from future payouts.
>> Please get a f...... clue. If you are not a business owner, none of this
>> is relevant to you.
>>
>> Businesses have always had to report sales income, and there has always
>> been an amount over which special reporting was required. In many cases,
>> there are State and Local requirements for this as well.
>

> Really? Then ask yourself what the IRS would say constitutes a business. Start selling any amount on Ebay, they can force you to declare it.

You should read what you post. If you have an EIN or ITIN, you are a
business (having had an EIN for 50+ years, it is not a mystery to me).

On-line sales has introduced changes in the way such sales are tracked
and reported. THAT is what this notice is about. If you are a private
seller of your camera gear, nobody cares about it because it won't be
on-going sales. When its gone, it's gone. Make money? Lucky you. Lose
it, so what? However, if you become an ebay seller of camera gear that
you regularly purchase solely for sale you are a business (think of it
in terms of flea market sales) and need to report such sales income.

--
best regards,

Neil

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11040&group=rec.photo.digital#11040

Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:03:18 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 22:03 UTC

On 27/12/2021 1:34 am, Neil wrote:
> On 12/25/2021 2:41 AM, RichA wrote:

>>> Please get a f...... clue. If you are not a business owner, none of this
>>> is relevant to you.
>>>
>>> Businesses have always had to report sales income, and there has always
>>> been an amount over which special reporting was required. In many cases,
>>> there are State and Local requirements for this as well.
>>
>> Really?  Then ask yourself what the IRS would say constitutes a
>> business.  Start selling any amount on Ebay, they can force you to
>> declare it.
>
> You should read what you post. If you have an EIN or ITIN, you are a
> business (having had an EIN for 50+ years, it is not a mystery to me).
>
> On-line sales has introduced changes in the way such sales are tracked
> and reported. THAT is what this notice is about. If you are a private
> seller of your camera gear, nobody cares about it because it won't be
> on-going sales. When its gone, it's gone. Make money? Lucky you. Lose
> it, so what? However, if you become an ebay seller of camera gear that
> you regularly purchase solely for sale you are a business (think of it
> in terms of flea market sales) and need to report such sales income.

The disinformation is similar to much of the other shit that comes out
of the anti-democrat (and anti-Demotrat) fanatics, the anti-vaxxers, and
the anti-anything-else-vaguely-progressive strident squealers.

geoff

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<0001HW.277950B002B67D4830A71538F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11043&group=rec.photo.digital#11043

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 19:38:56 -0600
 by: Bill W - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 01:38 UTC

On Dec 26, 2021, geoff wrote
(in article<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> On 27/12/2021 1:34 am, Neil wrote:

> > > Really? Then ask yourself what the IRS would say constitutes a
> > > business. Start selling any amount on Ebay, they can force you to
> > > declare it.
> >
> > You should read what you post. If you have an EIN or ITIN, you are a
> > business (having had an EIN for 50+ years, it is not a mystery to me).
> >
> > On-line sales has introduced changes in the way such sales are tracked
> > and reported. THAT is what this notice is about. If you are a private
> > seller of your camera gear, nobody cares about it because it won't be
> > on-going sales. When its gone, it's gone. Make money? Lucky you. Lose
> > it, so what? However, if you become an ebay seller of camera gear that
> > you regularly purchase solely for sale you are a business (think of it
> > in terms of flea market sales) and need to report such sales income.
>
> The disinformation is similar to much of the other shit that comes out
> of the anti-democrat (and anti-Demotrat) fanatics, the anti-vaxxers, and
> the anti-anything-else-vaguely-progressive strident squealers.
>
> Geoff

Don’t worry, it’s okay if you post political crap - you are apparently on
the “correct” side. No one will complain with comments like yours, "Sad
that anybody posts that sort of crap anywhere.” Carry on.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<sqc7mn$f60$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11044&group=rec.photo.digital#11044

From: nei...@myplaceofwork.com (Neil)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:23:02 -0500
 by: Neil - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 11:23 UTC

On 12/26/2021 8:38 PM, Bill W wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2021, geoff wrote
> (in article<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

>>> You should read what you post. If you have an EIN or ITIN, you are a
>>> business (having had an EIN for 50+ years, it is not a mystery to me).
>>>
>>> On-line sales has introduced changes in the way such sales are tracked
>>> and reported. THAT is what this notice is about. If you are a private
>>> seller of your camera gear, nobody cares about it because it won't be
>>> on-going sales. When its gone, it's gone. Make money? Lucky you. Lose
>>> it, so what? However, if you become an ebay seller of camera gear that
>>> you regularly purchase solely for sale you are a business (think of it
>>> in terms of flea market sales) and need to report such sales income.
>>
>> The disinformation is similar to much of the other shit that comes out
>> of the anti-democrat (and anti-Demotrat) fanatics, the anti-vaxxers, and
>> the anti-anything-else-vaguely-progressive strident squealers.
>>
>> Geoff
>
> Don’t worry, it’s okay if you post political crap - you are apparently on
> the “correct” side. No one will complain with comments like yours, "Sad
> that anybody posts that sort of crap anywhere.” Carry on.

I didn't see any reason to respond to the political nonsense. I just
didn't want to leave the misinformed notion that the rest of the content
had to do with private sellers' camera gear.

--
best regards,

Neil

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<0001HW.277A0FD902CA145430DF1D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11045&group=rec.photo.digital#11045

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 09:14:33 -0600
 by: Bill W - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 15:14 UTC

On Dec 27, 2021, Neil wrote
(in article <sqc7mn$f60$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 12/26/2021 8:38 PM, Bill W wrote:
> > On Dec 26, 2021, geoff wrote
> > (in article<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> > > The disinformation is similar to much of the other shit that comes out
> > > of the anti-democrat (and anti-Demotrat) fanatics, the anti-vaxxers, and
> > > the anti-anything-else-vaguely-progressive strident squealers.
> > >
> > > Geoff
> >
> > Don’t worry, it’s okay if you post political crap - you are apparently
> > on
> > the “correct” side. No one will complain with comments like yours, "Sad
> > that anybody posts that sort of crap anywhere.” Carry on.
> I didn't see any reason to respond to the political nonsense. I just
> didn't want to leave the misinformed notion that the rest of the content
> had to do with private sellers' camera gear.

You didn’t post anything political, and nothing I said was directed at you.
When Rich posted that, I also looked into it, and posted a response that
agrees with you, although with much less detail. My comments to Geoff were in
reference to something from weeks ago.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<CuidnRN9YKu8plf8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11046&group=rec.photo.digital#11046

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 11:15:58 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 22:15 UTC

On 27/12/2021 2:38 pm, Bill W wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2021, geoff wrote
> (in article<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

>>> You should read what you post. If you have an EIN or ITIN, you are a
>>> business (having had an EIN for 50+ years, it is not a mystery to me).
>>>
>>> On-line sales has introduced changes in the way such sales are tracked
>>> and reported. THAT is what this notice is about. If you are a private
>>> seller of your camera gear, nobody cares about it because it won't be
>>> on-going sales. When its gone, it's gone. Make money? Lucky you. Lose
>>> it, so what? However, if you become an ebay seller of camera gear that
>>> you regularly purchase solely for sale you are a business (think of it
>>> in terms of flea market sales) and need to report such sales income.
>>
>> The disinformation is similar to much of the other shit that comes out
>> of the anti-democrat (and anti-Demotrat) fanatics, the anti-vaxxers, and
>> the anti-anything-else-vaguely-progressive strident squealers.
>>
>> Geoff
>
> Don’t worry, it’s okay if you post political crap - you are apparently on
> the “correct” side. No one will complain with comments like yours, "Sad
> that anybody posts that sort of crap anywhere.” Carry on.

Not like the title of this thread then ?

geoff

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<0001HW.277A82BB02E5019130DF1D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11047&group=rec.photo.digital#11047

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:24:43 -0600
 by: Bill W - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:24 UTC

On Dec 27, 2021, geoff wrote
(in article<CuidnRN9YKu8plf8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> On 27/12/2021 2:38 pm, Bill W wrote:
> > On Dec 26, 2021, geoff wrote
> > (in article<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> > > The disinformation is similar to much of the other shit that comes out
> > > of the anti-democrat (and anti-Demotrat) fanatics, the anti-vaxxers, and
> > > the anti-anything-else-vaguely-progressive strident squealers.
> > >
> > > Geoff
> >
> > Don’t worry, it’s okay if you post political crap - you are apparently
> > on
> > the “correct” side. No one will complain with comments like yours, "Sad
> > that anybody posts that sort of crap anywhere.” Carry on.
>
> Not like the title of this thread then ?
>
> Geoff

You attacked me for *mistakenly* posting something political. It’s pretty
clear now that you don’t have a problem with people posting political
comments, just politics that you disagree with. I have never attacked anyone
for political posts, so why would I say anything to Rich about it? My
comments to you were just a delayed reply to your comments directed at me,
and the comments some others posted.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<se2dnWTj4fK8wFf8nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11048&group=rec.photo.digital#11048

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:41:02 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 00:41 UTC

On 28/12/2021 12:24 pm, Bill W wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2021, geoff wrote
> (in article<CuidnRN9YKu8plf8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com>):
>
>> On 27/12/2021 2:38 pm, Bill W wrote:
>>> On Dec 26, 2021, geoff wrote
>>> (in article<wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

>>> Don’t worry, it’s okay if you post political crap - you are apparently
>>> on
>>> the “correct” side. No one will complain with comments like yours, "Sad
>>> that anybody posts that sort of crap anywhere.” Carry on.
>>
>> Not like the title of this thread then ?
>>
>> Geoff
>
> You attacked me for *mistakenly* posting something political. It’s pretty
> clear now that you don’t have a problem with people posting political
> comments, just politics that you disagree with. I have never attacked anyone
> for political posts, so why would I say anything to Rich about it? My
> comments to you were just a delayed reply to your comments directed at me,
> and the comments some others posted.

Then don't make posts with subtly provocative political agendas or
slurs. Or outright politically aggressive (and false) ones like this OP one.

geoff

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<0001HW.277A9EB602EB906830DF1D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11052&group=rec.photo.digital#11052

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <7bb84176-d7bf-435f-adc2-389b83ee5146n@googlegroups.com> <sq504j$jb4$1@dont-email.me> <c45da337-9cbe-439f-8454-bab5f82ec69an@googlegroups.com> <sq9nhf$7vb$1@dont-email.me> <wM6dnRD_WKI3e1X8nZ2dnUU7-K_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <0001HW.277950B002B67D4830A71538F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja> <CuidnRN9YKu8plf8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <0001HW.277A82BB02E5019130DF1D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja> <se2dnWTj4fK8wFf8nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 19:24:06 -0600
 by: Bill W - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 01:24 UTC

On Dec 27, 2021, geoff wrote
(in article<se2dnWTj4fK8wFf8nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> On 28/12/2021 12:24 pm, Bill W wrote:
> > On Dec 27, 2021, geoff wrote
> > (in article<CuidnRN9YKu8plf8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

> > > Not like the title of this thread then ?
> > >
> > > Geoff
> >
> > You attacked me for *mistakenly* posting something political. It’s pretty
> > clear now that you don’t have a problem with people posting political
> > comments, just politics that you disagree with. I have never attacked anyone
> > for political posts, so why would I say anything to Rich about it? My
> > comments to you were just a delayed reply to your comments directed at me,
> > and the comments some others posted.
>
> Then don't make posts with subtly provocative political agendas or
> slurs.

I don’t. I posted to the wrong group, and within seconds followed up with a
post explaining that.

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<WcCdnUWdS6SGKFf8nZ2dnUU7-L-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11053&group=rec.photo.digital#11053

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 19:56:25 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 06:56 UTC

On 28/12/2021 2:24 pm, Bill W wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2021, geoff wrote
> (in article<se2dnWTj4fK8wFf8nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>):
>
>> On 28/12/2021 12:24 pm, Bill W wrote:
>>> On Dec 27, 2021, geoff wrote
>>> (in article<CuidnRN9YKu8plf8nZ2dnUU7-V3NnZ2d@giganews.com>):

>>> You attacked me for *mistakenly* posting something political. It’s pretty
>>> clear now that you don’t have a problem with people posting political
>>> comments, just politics that you disagree with. I have never attacked anyone
>>> for political posts, so why would I say anything to Rich about it? My
>>> comments to you were just a delayed reply to your comments directed at me,
>>> and the comments some others posted.
>>
>> Then don't make posts with subtly provocative political agendas or
>> slurs.
>
> I don’t. I posted to the wrong group, and within seconds followed up with a
> post explaining that.

Guess one should read the whole unread thread before replying to any
single post then.

geoff

Re: Sell camera equipment? Joe Biden just f------ you

<sqf047$2te$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11054&group=rec.photo.digital#11054

From: nei...@myplaceofwork.com (Neil)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 07:32:06 -0500
 by: Neil - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 12:32 UTC

On 12/27/2021 10:14 AM, Bill W wrote:
(big snip)

> You didn’t post anything political, and nothing I said was directed at you.
> When Rich posted that, I also looked into it, and posted a response that
> agrees with you, although with much less detail. My comments to Geoff were in
> reference to something from weeks ago.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to Rich's political comment.

--
best regards,

Neil