Statistics are no substitute for judgement. -- Henry Clay

tech / sci.math / Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's Ideology

SubjectAuthor
* Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's IdeologyPentcho Valev
`- Re: Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's IdeologyEdson Vestri

1
Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's Ideology

<039739a7-8dd1-461a-be33-e9b51a64b34fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=110688&group=sci.math#110688

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 07:29:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's Ideology
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:29 UTC

Big Brother's ideology does not destroy the society's mind completely:

George Orwell: "In philosophy, or religion, or ethics, or politics, two and two might make five, but when one was designing a gun or an aeroplane they had to make four."

Einstein's ideology destroys the society's mind completely. Any idiocy is accepted by everybody:

Thibault Damour: "The paradigm of the special relativistic upheaval of the usual concept of time is the twin paradox. Let us emphasize that this striking example of time dilation proves that time travel (towards the future) is possible. As a gedanken experiment (if we neglect practicalities such as the technology needed for reaching velocities comparable to the velocity of light, the cost of the fuel and the capacity of the traveller to sustain high accelerations), it shows that a sentient being can jump, "within a minute" (of his experienced time) arbitrarily far in the future, say sixty million years ahead, and see, and be part of, what (will) happen then on Earth. This is a clear way of realizing that the future "already exists" (as we can experience it "in a minute")." http://www.bourbaphy.fr/damourtemps.pdf

LIGO fakers: "The fact that the speed of gravitational waves is equal to the speed of electromagnetic waves is simply because they both travel at the speed of information." https://discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/why-does-gravity-travel-at-the-speed-of-light

"This paper investigates an alternative possibility: that the critics were right and that the success of Einstein's theory in overcoming them was due to its strengths as an ideology rather than as a science. The clock paradox illustrates how relativity theory does indeed contain inconsistencies that make it scientifically problematic. These same inconsistencies, however, make the theory ideologically powerful. [...] The gatekeepers of professional physics in the universities and research institutes are disinclined to support or employ anyone who raises problems over the elementary inconsistencies of relativity. A winnowing out process has made it very difficult for critics of Einstein to achieve or maintain professional status. Relativists are then able to use the argument of authority to discredit these critics. Were relativists to admit that Einstein may have made a series of elementary logical errors, they would be faced with the embarrassing question of why this had not been noticed earlier. Under these circumstances the marginalisation of antirelativists, unjustified on scientific grounds, is eminently justifiable on grounds of realpolitik. Supporters of relativity theory have protected both the theory and their own reputations by shutting their opponents out of professional discourse. [...] The triumph of relativity theory represents the triumph of ideology not only in the profession of physics bur also in the philosophy of science." Peter Hayes, The Ideology of Relativity: The Case of the Clock Paradox https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02691720902741399

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-2198aa663d490ad9e32c87a9771ec5f4.webp

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's Ideology

<teijs1$sjc$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=110694&group=sci.math#110694

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: dei...@tovreevv.nt (Edson Vestri)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: Einstein's Ideology and Big Brother's Ideology
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:52:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Edson Vestri - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:52 UTC

Pentcho Valev wrote:

> George Orwell: "In philosophy, or religion, or ethics, or politics, two
> and two might make five, but when one was designing a gun or an
> aeroplane they had to make four."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-08-27/who-shelling-zaporizhzhia-nuclear-power-plant

Bear in mind that the United States has been surveilling the Ukraine via satellites and aircraft since before Russia invaded. One would think that if the Russians were shelling the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (despite having their troops stationed there), and falsely accusing the Ukrainians of doing it, Ambassador Jenkins or one of her colleagues would be quick to refute the Russians by showing satellite- or surveillance aircraft-gathered evidence of artillery hitting the plant from Russian-controlled territory.

On the other hand, if the Ukrainians are shelling the largest nuclear power plant in Europe with American-supplied artillery, you'd think someone in the U.S. government would ask them to cut it out.