In 1869 the waffle iron was invented for people who had wrinkled waffles.

tech / sci.math / Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda

SubjectAuthor
* Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, ofJan
+- Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, ofArchimedes Plutonium
+- Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformatioAthel Cornish-Bowden
`- Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, ofBrady Ravenna

1
Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda

<25ebc8c9-e9b4-45e5-ae00-377ece272d36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=110762&group=sci.math#110762

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 20:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of
disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda
From: film...@gmail.com (Jan)
 by: Jan - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 03:42 UTC

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 5:02:26 PM UTC-7, Mostowski Collapse wrote:
> Ha Ha, where did AP mc farto take his math
> degree, at the busted hamburger university?
>
> Hamburger: The Motion Picture (1986)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH-cibp5pLY
>
> Am Montag, 4. September 2017 00:48:01 UTC+2 schrieb Archimedes Plutonium:
> > Now the Founding Fathers of the USA were keen and sharp on Freedom of Speech. But, I suspect they were not aware of Propaganda when they praised freedom of speech and made it essential to democracy.
> >
> > And here is a huge trouble in modern times.
> >
> > A trouble that our Supreme Court is dull to address and seek understanding.
> >
> > The trouble is-- do we allow propaganda -- where truth is so distorted in order to make people go astray
> >
> > Do we allow propaganda to flourish and thrive, under a banner of Freedom of Speech.
> >
> > We had a taste of it in the Trump-Clinton election, where propaganda surges ahead of truth and reality.
> >
> > It is as if we are so stupid by allowing the banner of Freedom of Speech be a shelter for propaganda.
> >
> > The terrorists thrive on propaganda, and then they cite Freedom of Speech to continue propaganda.
> >
> > In the sci.math and sci.physics newsgroups, we pride ourselves on Freedom of Speech.
> >
> > But then we let jackarses like Pentcho Valev continue to propagandize, jackarses like Jim McGinn to continue to propagandize no climate change, where every known true fact is distorted to some opposite falsehood.
> >
> > So, what I am saying is --- it is time to try to DEFINE Freedom of Speech from that of Propaganda, Disinformation.
> >
> > The tell tale sign is Propaganda is a constant cranking of falsehoods without ever any changes by the maker or those that interact with the maker.
> >
> > Pentcho Valev posts are the same today as they were 20 years ago. Never any interaction with others.
> >
> > Thus, Pentcho Valev is a propaganda machine and needs to be booted out of sci.math, sci.physics.
> >
> > Much the same can be said of James McGinn, disinformation, never any changes in years on end.
> >
> > We need to recognize Freedom of Speech must be narrowed and cannot be a spectrum of everything, otherwise, we lose Freedom of Speech because the forces of evil use Freedom of Speech to conquer and then shut down Freedom of Speech itself.
> >
> > AP

Pentcho is from Bulgaria and he is the classic monomaniac.
One cannot argue with mentally deranged like him.

--
Jan

Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda

<cf9b0a0d-bae5-4de9-a846-07a22a963a36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=110764&group=sci.math#110764

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:15 UTC

On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 10:43:02 PM UTC-5, Jan wrote:

> Pentcho is from Bulgaria and he is the classic monomaniac.
> One cannot argue with mentally deranged like him.
>
> --
> Jan

I suspect you are completely wrong Jan, for PV is not a individual nutjob for someone would have pulled the plug on him 2 decades ago. He is a concoction of a spy agency, either Russia or USA or UK.

There are hundreds of spammers like PV, all paid by governments to spam.

Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda

<jn6b8sFcig5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=110790&group=sci.math#110790

From: acorn...@imm.cnrs.fr (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 13:40:12 +0200
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:40 UTC

On 2022-08-30 03:42:57 +0000, Jan said:

> On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 5:02:26 PM UTC-7, Mostowski Collapse wrote:
>>>

>>> [ … ]
>>>
>>> Pentcho Valev posts are the same today as they were 20 years ago. Never
>>> any interaction with others.
>>>
>>> Thus, Pentcho Valev is a propaganda machine and needs to be booted out
>>> of sci.math, sci.physics.
>>> [ … ]
>>>
> Pentcho is from Bulgaria and he is the classic monomaniac.
> One cannot argue with mentally deranged like him.

Pentcho was different when I first encountered him in the 1990s. His
obsession at that time was the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (I only
learned about his hatred of Albert Einstein later). He did try to
engage with the people who questioned his idiocy, and even carried out
some experiments that he had been challenged to do. They didn't work,
of course, and for a brief period he agreed that he had been wrong.

You're right that he is from Bulgaria, but his fame isn't that great
there either. B. V. Toshev, head of the Departments of Physical
Chemistry and of Chemistry Education at the University of Sofia, asked
in a message to the Chemistry Education Discussion List in April 2005

>> Who is Pentcho Valev? What is his education? Nobody in Bulgaria knows
>> that. He does not belong either to the researchers or to the Bulgarian
>> education community. I even wonder if he is a real man?!
A small bit of light had been shed a few years earlier, when Mr Valev
himself said in a message to the UK chemical education news group in
January 2000:

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

Re: I believe Pentcho Valev is a Russian robot of propaganda, of disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda

<tel1dh$luc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=110796&group=sci.math#110796

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: abb...@rnbyyadr.ya (Brady Ravenna)
Newsgroups: sci.math
disinformation// want to disassociate Freedom of Speech from propaganda
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:56:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Brady Ravenna - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:56 UTC

Jan wrote:

> Pentcho is from Bulgaria and he is the classic monomaniac.
> One cannot argue with mentally deranged like him.

look who's talking, they canceled the biggest rocket in the world (not manned), to run near moon, realizing that the stolen Russian rocket engines, through the fictitious nonexistent "uKraine", can not be controlled without the Russians.

moreover,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia#Atrocities

Atrocities

Attacks on Poles during the massacres in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia were marked with extreme sadism and brutality. Rape, torture and mutilation were commonplace. Poles were burned alive, flayed, impaled, crucified, disembowelled, dismembered and beheaded. Women were gang raped and had their breasts sliced off, children were hacked to pieces with axes, babies were impaled on bayonets and pitchforks or bashed against trees.

The atrocities were carried out indiscriminately and without restraint. The victims, regardless of their age or gender, were routinely tortured to death. Norman Davies in No Simple Victory gives a short but shocking description of the massacres:

Villages were torched. Roman Catholic priests were axed or crucified. Churches were burned with all their parishioners. Isolated farms were attacked by gangs carrying pitchforks and kitchen knives. Throats were cut. Pregnant women were bayoneted. Children were cut in two. Men were ambushed in the field and led away. The perpetrators could not determine the province's future. But at least they could determine that it would be a future without Poles.[117]