Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:39:17 +0000
Subject: The March Equinox 2024
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
 by: oriel36 - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:39 UTC

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

The Equinox occurs next week, so the area where the Sun remains constantly in view at the South Pole has presently contracted to a small circumference around the Pole. On the Equinox, as the South Pole turns into the dark hemisphere for the next six months, a small circumference is created where the Sun remains out of sight; this circumference will expand over the coming months until it reaches its maximum circumference (Antarctic Circle) on the June Solstice.

The opposite is now happening at the North Pole, as that location turns into the light hemisphere of the Earth for the next six months, creating an expanding circumference where the Sun remains constantly in view.

Re: The March Equinox 2024

<usv30e$1lt17$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11111&group=sci.astro.amateur#11111

From: mil...@fla.net (Jake M)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: The March Equinox 2024
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 10:53:02 -0400
 by: Jake M - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 14:53 UTC

You're off course. Your posting was supposed to end on 2024-02-20. Why
do you continue posting your irrelevant, incorrect material?

Re: The March Equinox 2024

<08cbd4e1d8398ae56bf05d677e4d62a7@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11112&group=sci.astro.amateur#11112

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:23:12 +0000
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
 by: oriel36 - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:23 UTC

https://gml.noaa.gov/obop/spo/livecamera.html

The single sunset at the South Pole is fast approaching as that latitude passes from the light into the dark hemisphere for the next six months.

It was not possible to propose this rotation within the Ptolemaic framework, as Copernicus tried, and Galileo considered it a type of rest rather than a rotation.

"From what I see, did not understand very well- was a certain experiment which I exhibited to some gentlemen there at Rome in partial explanation and partial refutation of the "third motion" attributed by Copernicus to the Earth. This extra rotation, opposite in direction to all other celestial motions, appeared to many to be the most improbable thing and one that upset the whole Copernican system. What I said was designed to remove a difficulty attributed to the Copernican system, and I later added that anyone who would reflect upon the matter more carefully would see that Copernicus had spoken falsely when he attributed his "third motion" to the Earth since this would not be a motion at all, but a kind of rest. " Galileo, The Assayer

It is time to revisit the cause of the seasons and extend it to planetary climate.

Re: The March Equinox 2024

<ut4o8v$315iv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11113&group=sci.astro.amateur#11113

From: mil...@fla.net (Jake M)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 14:26:38 -0400
 by: Jake M - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 18:26 UTC

Think of the human brain as an "Oriel" cookie. The black, outer
sections are representative of the skull, while the inner white icing as
the brain. However, in your case, the filling is either missing or
tainted so it has an unpleasant taste.

Your postings here are off course, irrelevant, and incorrect. Please
stop posting such faulty content.