Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 09:18:25 +0000
Subject: Solar Eclipse 2024
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
 by: oriel36 - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 09:18 UTC

There is a wonderful SOHO satellite which maintains permanent solar eclipse conditions.

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

Normally, we only see everything to the left of the Sun as an evening appearance and to the right of the Sun as a dawn appearance. A solar eclipse shows what it is like when the Sun's glare is absent, and likewise, satellite imaging.

The change in the position of the stars from left to right or from a twilight appearance to a dawn appearance is because of the Earth's motion along the orbital plane or the road the Earth travels around the Sun. It is a new 21st-century proof that the Earth moves.

This discussion group was dominated by RA/Dec enthusiasts, as are experimental theorists who are unable to shift perspective away from the Ptolemaic conception where the position of the Sun relative to the stars close to the orbital plane displace the more accurate perspective where the stars, Moon and planets are lost to the glare of the Sun for a period depending on what is being observed.

https://itu.physics.uiowa.edu/labs/foundational/exploring-sky-ii-star-charts-and-stellarium

Re: Solar Eclipse 2024

<uu1tao$31jnv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11127&group=sci.astro.amateur#11127

From: mil...@fla.net (Jake M)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: Solar Eclipse 2024
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 15:50:48 -0400
 by: Jake M - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 19:50 UTC

On 3/26/24 5:18 AM, oriel36 wrote:
> There is a wonderful SOHO satellite which maintains permanent solar
> eclipse conditions.
>
> https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/
>
> Normally, we only see everything to the left of the Sun as an evening
> appearance and to the right of the Sun as a dawn appearance. A solar
> eclipse shows what it is like when the Sun's glare is absent, and
> likewise, satellite imaging.
>
> The change in the position of the stars from left to right or from a
> twilight appearance to a dawn appearance is because of the Earth's
> motion along the orbital plane or the road the Earth travels around the
> Sun. It is a new 21st-century proof that the Earth moves.
>
> This discussion group was dominated by RA/Dec enthusiasts, as are
> experimental theorists who are unable to shift perspective away from the
> Ptolemaic conception where the position of the Sun relative to the stars
> close to the orbital plane displace the more accurate perspective where
> the stars, Moon and planets are lost to the glare of the Sun for a
> period depending on what is being observed.
>
> https://itu.physics.uiowa.edu/labs/foundational/exploring-sky-ii-star-charts-and-stellarium

Irrelevant. Stop making postings here as promised on 2/20/24.