Your good nature will bring unbounded happiness.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

SubjectAuthor
* “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find anda a
`* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can finda a
 `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can findEd Lee
  `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can findFlyguy
   `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can ficorvid
    +- Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can findEd Lee
    `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can findFlyguy
     `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can ficorvid
      +* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can ficorvid
      |`* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can findEd Lee
      | `- Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can ficorvid
      `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can findFlyguy
       `* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can ficorvid
        +* Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can fiJohn S

1
“Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<6d9b1ada-1ed0-4f73-9455-3b3abe94fd82n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111350&group=sci.electronics.design#111350

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:12:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: _“Always_buy_the_cheapest_battery_you_can_find_and
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 01:12 UTC

mayhem says:
December 1, 2022 at 1:25 pm

In north America the vast majority of lead acid batteries are manufactured by a company called Clarios. (Formerly Johnson Controls) The plant is not far from my house located in Geneva Illinois USA. I applied for a job at the facility a number of years ago and found it to be a scary place. They draw blood once a year to test your blood lead levels. If your levels are too high you have to wear a respirator while in the plant. No matter if you buy a Menards brand battery or a Diehard gold they all come from the same assembly line. The only difference is the sticker that goes on the outside. You read that right. They all come off one assembly line (dependent on the group size, e.g. they run one group size until enough are warehoused and then change size) and there are carts at the end of the line with the appropriate stickers. When its time to chang brand one cart is rolled away and another cart is rolled in. Same batteries different stickers. They give you one free battery per year if you work there and calling out cause your batteries dead is not acceptable. The best advice the maintenance manager gave me when I was interviewing there was “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/
Report comment

mythoughts62 says:
December 1, 2022 at 2:27 pm

A nephew of mine worked at one of the few competing lead-acid battery plants. Even with the yearly blood testing, he suffered neurological damage that was bad enough that he qualified for lifelong disability. It’s hard to talk to him now, he can’t keep a train of thought and often doesn’t make any sense. You couldn’t pay me enough to work in one of those plants.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<22713e56-d2c9-4927-9291-5408d97d70a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111352&group=sci.electronics.design#111352

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:20:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_“Always_buy_the_cheapest_battery_you_can_find_
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 01:20 UTC

https://hackaday.com/2022/12/01/car-batteries-more-than-just-wet-lead/

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<baa01b51-1502-4e03-b6e7-019535be3369n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111353&group=sci.electronics.design#111353

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:40:37 -0800 (PST)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 01:40 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 5:20:10 PM UTC-8, a a wrote:
> On Friday, 2 December 2022 at 02:12:26 UTC+1, a a wrote:
> > mayhem says:
> > December 1, 2022 at 1:25 pm
> >
> > In north America the vast majority of lead acid batteries are manufactured by a company called Clarios. (Formerly Johnson Controls) The plant is not far from my house located in Geneva Illinois USA. I applied for a job at the facility a number of years ago and found it to be a scary place. They draw blood once a year to test your blood lead levels. If your levels are too high you have to wear a respirator while in the plant. No matter if you buy a Menards brand battery or a Diehard gold they all come from the same assembly line. The only difference is the sticker that goes on the outside. You read that right. They all come off one assembly line (dependent on the group size, e.g. they run one group size until enough are warehoused and then change size) and there are carts at the end of the line with the appropriate stickers. When its time to chang brand one cart is rolled away and another cart is rolled in. Same batteries different stickers. They give you one free battery per year if you work there and calling out cause your batteries dead is not acceptable. The best advice the maintenance manager gave me when I was interviewing there was “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works..” https://www.clarios.com/
> > Report comment
> >
> > mythoughts62 says:
> > December 1, 2022 at 2:27 pm
> >
> > A nephew of mine worked at one of the few competing lead-acid battery plants. Even with the yearly blood testing, he suffered neurological damage that was bad enough that he qualified for lifelong disability. It’s hard to talk to him now, he can’t keep a train of thought and often doesn’t make any sense. You couldn’t pay me enough to work in one of those plants.

> https://hackaday.com/2022/12/01/car-batteries-more-than-just-wet-lead/

This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.

I have 3 or 2 12V battery. 1) A 10 years old LA that doesn't hold charges for long, but working fine within a day or two. 2) A 3S9P Li to kick in below 11.5V. 3) Another Li to buffer above 11.5V.

3) blew up after accidentally kept on charging for a few days. It killed one bank of 9 cells.

Now, i just just have 1) and 2) and seems OK.

So, overcharging does kill Li.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<3f91a767-ef6b-42bb-89d5-fa06bee9eceen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111443&group=sci.electronics.design#111443

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 20:08:23 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 04:08 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 5:40:42 PM UTC-8, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 5:20:10 PM UTC-8, a a wrote:
> > On Friday, 2 December 2022 at 02:12:26 UTC+1, a a wrote:
> > > mayhem says:
> > > December 1, 2022 at 1:25 pm
> > >
> > > In north America the vast majority of lead acid batteries are manufactured by a company called Clarios. (Formerly Johnson Controls) The plant is not far from my house located in Geneva Illinois USA. I applied for a job at the facility a number of years ago and found it to be a scary place. They draw blood once a year to test your blood lead levels. If your levels are too high you have to wear a respirator while in the plant. No matter if you buy a Menards brand battery or a Diehard gold they all come from the same assembly line. The only difference is the sticker that goes on the outside.. You read that right. They all come off one assembly line (dependent on the group size, e.g. they run one group size until enough are warehoused and then change size) and there are carts at the end of the line with the appropriate stickers. When its time to chang brand one cart is rolled away and another cart is rolled in. Same batteries different stickers. They give you one free battery per year if you work there and calling out cause your batteries dead is not acceptable. The best advice the maintenance manager gave me when I was interviewing there was “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/
> > > Report comment
> > >
> > > mythoughts62 says:
> > > December 1, 2022 at 2:27 pm
> > >
> > > A nephew of mine worked at one of the few competing lead-acid battery plants. Even with the yearly blood testing, he suffered neurological damage that was bad enough that he qualified for lifelong disability. It’s hard to talk to him now, he can’t keep a train of thought and often doesn’t make any sense. You couldn’t pay me enough to work in one of those plants.
>
> > https://hackaday.com/2022/12/01/car-batteries-more-than-just-wet-lead/
> This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.
>
> I have 3 or 2 12V battery. 1) A 10 years old LA that doesn't hold charges for long, but working fine within a day or two. 2) A 3S9P Li to kick in below 11.5V. 3) Another Li to buffer above 11.5V.
>
> 3) blew up after accidentally kept on charging for a few days. It killed one bank of 9 cells.
>
> Now, i just just have 1) and 2) and seems OK.
>
> So, overcharging does kill Li.

Here is a fair evaluation of car batteries:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7rTcBanpMk
The bottom line: the Walmart battery was the most cost-effective.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmendg$1ea9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111454&group=sci.electronics.design#111454

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re:_“Always_buy_the_cheapest_battery_you_can_fi
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 21:38:56 -0800
 by: corvid - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 05:38 UTC

Flyspeck:

>>> https://hackaday.com/2022/12/01/car-batteries-more-than-just-wet-lead/
>>>
>> This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.
>>
>> I have 3 or 2 12V battery. 1) A 10 years old LA that doesn't hold
>> charges for long, but working fine within a day or two. 2) A 3S9P
>> Li to kick in below 11.5V. 3) Another Li to buffer above 11.5V.
>>
>> 3) blew up after accidentally kept on charging for a few days. It
>> killed one bank of 9 cells.
>>
>> Now, i just just have 1) and 2) and seems OK.
>>
>> So, overcharging does kill Li.
>
> Here is a fair evaluation of car batteries:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7rTcBanpMk The bottom line: the
> Walmart battery was the most cost-effective.

The bottom line appears at 11:11, the Costco battery wins.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<972c3b42-c068-4178-a738-a368bd91aab0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111457&group=sci.electronics.design#111457

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 23:14:49 -0800 (PST)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 07:14 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 9:39:06 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
> Flyspeck:

> >> This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.
> >>
> >> I have 3 or 2 12V battery. 1) A 10 years old LA that doesn't hold
> >> charges for long, but working fine within a day or two. 2) A 3S9P
> >> Li to kick in below 11.5V. 3) Another Li to buffer above 11.5V.
> >>
> >> 3) blew up after accidentally kept on charging for a few days. It
> >> killed one bank of 9 cells.
> >>
> >> Now, i just just have 1) and 2) and seems OK.
> >>
> >> So, overcharging does kill Li.
> >
> > Here is a fair evaluation of car batteries:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7rTcBanpMk The bottom line: the
> > Walmart battery was the most cost-effective.
> The bottom line appears at 11:11, the Costco battery wins.

I just want to see how long my original (10 years) Nissan battery would last. If (1) die, i can probably use (2) and (3) to get to an auto store. (2) by itself won't work, since the car would try to charge it up and the bms would refuse to turn it on.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<f22dc96a-d534-4d3a-9613-63192819f10cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111524&group=sci.electronics.design#111524

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 22:32:13 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 06:32 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 9:39:06 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
> Flyspeck:

> >> This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.
> >>
> >> I have 3 or 2 12V battery. 1) A 10 years old LA that doesn't hold
> >> charges for long, but working fine within a day or two. 2) A 3S9P
> >> Li to kick in below 11.5V. 3) Another Li to buffer above 11.5V.
> >>
> >> 3) blew up after accidentally kept on charging for a few days. It
> >> killed one bank of 9 cells.
> >>
> >> Now, i just just have 1) and 2) and seems OK.
> >>
> >> So, overcharging does kill Li.
> >
> > Here is a fair evaluation of car batteries:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7rTcBanpMk The bottom line: the
> > Walmart battery was the most cost-effective.
> The bottom line appears at 11:11, the Costco battery wins.

Try reading the chart next time, Covid, he didn't test the Costco battery.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmiiuf$1coj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111546&group=sci.electronics.design#111546

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 08:47:11 -0800
 by: corvid - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 16:47 UTC

On 12/3/22 22:32, Flyguy wrote:
> On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 9:39:06 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
>> Flyspeck:

This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.

>>> Here is a fair evaluation of car batteries:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7rTcBanpMk The bottom line: the
>>> Walmart battery was the most cost-effective.
>> The bottom line appears at 11:11, the Costco battery wins.
>
> Try reading the chart next time, Covid, he didn't test the Costco
> battery.

And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it!
The chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.

"So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?"
"I would buy either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart
if their prices are the least expensive."

They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less expensive.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmim3f$t2j$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111549&group=sci.electronics.design#111549

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 09:41:03 -0800
 by: corvid - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 17:41 UTC

On 12/4/22 08:47, corvid wrote:
> On 12/3/22 22:32, Flyguy wrote:
>> On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 9:39:06 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
>>> Flyspeck:

>>> The bottom line appears at 11:11, the Costco battery wins.
>>
>> Try reading the chart next time, Covid, he didn't test the Costco
>> battery.
>
> And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it!
> The chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.
>
> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?"
> "I would buy either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart
> if their prices are the least expensive."
>
> They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less expensive.

Walmart Battery vs. Costco Battery (3 Year Update)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WAD2NMTwQ

The sameness remained the same after 3 years.
Some comments about Walmart's still holding some value for a couple
years toward buying another after the full replacement period has
expired, but some comments disputing that. Also comments about Costco
vs. Walmart customer service.

Some real good lift at Mauna Loa now! You should get over there.
https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/maunaloa-volcano-eruption-update/

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<b7047793-6bd3-450a-bd7a-d60bb9a94f75n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111553&group=sci.electronics.design#111553

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 10:04:29 -0800 (PST)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 18:04 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 9:41:10 AM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
> On 12/4/22 08:47, corvid wrote:

> >> Try reading the chart next time, Covid, he didn't test the Costco
> >> battery.
> >
> > And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it!
> > The chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.
> >
> > "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?"
> > "I would buy either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart
> > if their prices are the least expensive."
> >
> > They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less expensive.
> Walmart Battery vs. Costco Battery (3 Year Update)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WAD2NMTwQ
>
> The sameness remained the same after 3 years.
> Some comments about Walmart's still holding some value for a couple
> years toward buying another after the full replacement period has
> expired, but some comments disputing that. Also comments about Costco
> vs. Walmart customer service.
>
> Some real good lift at Mauna Loa now! You should get over there.
> https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/maunaloa-volcano-eruption-update/

Good batteries never die. They just fade away.

I wonder if it makes a difference for EV batteries. EV only needs around 10A to crank the power relay, instead of 100As for ICE engines.

How long do people keep their EV batteries? Mine is 10 years old.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmj163$2n0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111560&group=sci.electronics.design#111560

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 12:50:11 -0800
 by: corvid - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 20:50 UTC

On 12/4/22 10:04, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 9:41:10 AM UTC-8, corvid wrote:

>>> And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it!
>>> The chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's
>>> speaking.
>>>
>>> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?" "I would buy
>>> either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart if
>>> their prices are the least expensive."
>>>
>>> They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less
>>> expensive.
>> Walmart Battery vs. Costco Battery (3 Year Update)
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WAD2NMTwQ
>>
>> The sameness remained the same after 3 years. Some comments about
>> Walmart's still holding some value for a couple years toward buying
>> another after the full replacement period has expired, but some
>> comments disputing that. Also comments about Costco vs. Walmart
>> customer service.
>>
>> Some real good lift at Mauna Loa now! You should get over there.
>> https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/maunaloa-volcano-eruption-update/
>>
> Good batteries never die. They just fade away.

Electric tons of them go to Quartzsite, Az.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-solutions/interactive/2021/climate-solutions-electric-batteries/

> I wonder if it makes a difference for EV batteries. EV only needs
> around 10A to crank the power relay, instead of 100As for ICE
> engines.
>
> How long do people keep their EV batteries? Mine is 10 years old.

The old Leaves are nice looking cars. Later ones not so much.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<f4e7f4ff-5615-4b61-8346-ef42c50599ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111644&group=sci.electronics.design#111644

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 21:57:32 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 05:57 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 8:47:20 AM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
> On 12/3/22 22:32, Flyguy wrote:
> > On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 9:39:06 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
> >> Flyspeck:

> This article mentions EV batteries, but hardly talk about it.

> >> The bottom line appears at 11:11, the Costco battery wins.
> >
> > Try reading the chart next time, Covid, he didn't test the Costco
> > battery.
> And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it!
> The chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.
>
> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?"
> "I would buy either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart
> if their prices are the least expensive."
>
> They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less expensive.

Hey COVID, he DIDN'T review it - I mentioned the cheapest battery he DID review, dolt.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmnq75$42l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111666&group=sci.electronics.design#111666

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 08:21:56 -0800
 by: corvid - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 16:21 UTC

On 12/5/22 21:57, Flyspeck wrote:

>>> Try reading the chart next time, Covid, he didn't test the
>>> Costco battery.
>> And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it! The
>> chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.
>>
>> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?" "I would buy
>> either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart if
>> their prices are the least expensive."
>>
>> They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less
>> expensive.
>
> Hey COVID, he DIDN'T review it - I mentioned the cheapest battery he
> DID review, dolt.

11:11, on the chart and called out by name,
Costco's battery is the top pick.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmr0lp$ifgv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111733&group=sci.electronics.design#111733

From: Soph...@invalid.org (John S)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 16:30:27 -0500
 by: John S - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 21:30 UTC

On 12/6/2022 11:21 AM, corvid wrote:

>>> And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it! The
>>> chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.
>>>
>>> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?" "I would buy
>>> either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart if
>>> their prices are the least expensive."
>>>
>>> They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less
>>> expensive.
>>
>> Hey COVID, he DIDN'T review it - I mentioned the cheapest battery he
>> DID review, dolt.
>
> 11:11, on the chart and called out by name,
> Costco's battery is the top pick.

At 11:11, the chart shows Super Start Premium (O'Reilley) at the top.
The 4th chart entry shows "Interstate (Costco) / Not Tested".

Are you looking at some other chart?

--
Dogs make me happy. Humans make my head hurt.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmr88g$1as4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111744&group=sci.electronics.design#111744

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 15:40:00 -0800
 by: corvid - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 23:40 UTC

On 12/7/22 13:30, John S wrote:

>>> Hey COVID, he DIDN'T review it - I mentioned the cheapest
>>> battery he DID review, dolt.
>>
>> 11:11, on the chart and called out by name, Costco's battery is
>> the top pick.
>

> At 11:11, the chart shows Super Start Premium (O'Reilley) at the
> top. The 4th chart entry shows "Interstate (Costco) / Not Tested".
>
> Are you looking at some other chart?

Watch for maybe another half second past 11:11, and the top picks will
pop out in yellow, also confirmed by what the presenter is saying.

I don't like that the video is imperfect, but numbskull chose it.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmrd38$ifgv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111749&group=sci.electronics.design#111749

From: Soph...@invalid.org (John S)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 20:02:27 -0500
<tmnq75$42l$1@gioia.aioe.org> <tmr0lp$ifgv$1@dont-email.me>
<tmr88g$1as4$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: John S - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 01:02 UTC

On 12/7/2022 6:40 PM, corvid wrote:
> On 12/7/22 13:30, John S wrote:

>>> 11:11, on the chart and called out by name, Costco's battery is
>>> the top pick.
>>

>> At 11:11, the chart shows Super Start Premium (O'Reilley) at the
>> top. The 4th chart entry shows "Interstate (Costco) / Not Tested".
>>
>> Are you looking at some other chart?
>
> Watch for maybe another half second past 11:11, and the top picks will
> pop out in yellow, also confirmed by what the presenter is saying.

Yes, the Costco did pop out. It highlights "NOT TESTED", or did you not
notice?

This is too monotonous for me to reply again.

> I don't like that the video is imperfect, but numbskull chose it.

--
Dogs make me happy. Humans make my head hurt.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tmresi$1g3n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111750&group=sci.electronics.design#111750

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 17:33:06 -0800
<tmnq75$42l$1@gioia.aioe.org> <tmr0lp$ifgv$1@dont-email.me>
<tmr88g$1as4$1@gioia.aioe.org> <tmrd38$ifgv$2@dont-email.me>
 by: corvid - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 01:33 UTC

On 12/7/22 17:02, John S wrote:

>>> At 11:11, the chart shows Super Start Premium (O'Reilley) at the
>>> top. The 4th chart entry shows "Interstate (Costco) / Not
>>> Tested".

They're grouped by manufacturer, which may be all there is to that.

>>> Are you looking at some other chart?
>>
>> Watch for maybe another half second past 11:11, and the top picks
>> will pop out in yellow, also confirmed by what the presenter is
>> saying.
>
> Yes, the Costco did pop out. It highlights "NOT TESTED", or did you
> not notice?

NAPA's battery wasn't tested either. No pop for that one, and the dude
gives it no mention.

Does your pc have no speakers?? This really isn't difficult.

> This is too monotonous for me to reply again.

Go pay $26.77 more at Walmart.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<aa39a4d2-d9de-437d-b55f-417c1092febdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111883&group=sci.electronics.design#111883

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 14:59:57 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 22:59 UTC

On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 8:22:05 AM UTC-8, corvid wrote:

> >> And he still included it in the results. And *highlighted* it! The
> >> chart, which you can't grasp, shows the results as he's speaking.
> >>
> >> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?" "I would buy
> >> either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart if
> >> their prices are the least expensive."
> >>
> >> They're the same battery. Costco's is significantly less
> >> expensive.
> >
> > Hey COVID, he DIDN'T review it - I mentioned the cheapest battery he
> > DID review, dolt.
> 11:11, on the chart and called out by name,
> Costco's battery is the top pick.

Again, the Costco battery WAS NOT reviewed - it's price was included as a FYI. He may not have had a nearby Costco that he could have purchased it. The Costco battery may work as well as the others (I have personally bought them), but it WASN'T his top "pick" since it wasn't tested.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tn0mtf$nok$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111895&group=sci.electronics.design#111895

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 17:20:47 -0800
 by: corvid - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 01:20 UTC

On 12/9/22 14:59, Flyguy wrote:

>>> Hey COVID, he DIDN'T review it - I mentioned the cheapest battery
>>> he DID review, dolt.
>> 11:11, on the chart and called out by name, Costco's battery is the
>> top pick.
>
> Again, the Costco battery WAS NOT reviewed - it's price was included
> as a FYI. He may not have had a nearby Costco that he could have
> purchased it. The Costco battery may work as well as the others (I
> have personally bought them), but it WASN'T his top "pick" since it
> wasn't tested.

"So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?"
"I would buy either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart
if their prices are the least expensive."

I made the effort to listen several times and accurately type his words
here for you, but you are nearly as stupid as John S.

/Nearly/ because I can see that John S. genuinely doesn't get it, while
I believe that you do.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<ea81a0f7-6bb2-48ac-bda8-ad559e28a85bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111896&group=sci.electronics.design#111896

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 18:06:03 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 02:06 UTC

On Friday, December 9, 2022 at 5:20:55 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:
> On 12/9/22 14:59, Flyguy wrote:

> >> 11:11, on the chart and called out by name, Costco's battery is the
> >> top pick.
> >
> > Again, the Costco battery WAS NOT reviewed - it's price was included
> > as a FYI. He may not have had a nearby Costco that he could have
> > purchased it. The Costco battery may work as well as the others (I
> > have personally bought them), but it WASN'T his top "pick" since it
> > wasn't tested.
>
> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?"
> "I would buy either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart
> if their prices are the least expensive."
> I made the effort to listen several times and accurately type his words
> here for you, but you are nearly as stupid as John S.
>
> /Nearly/ because I can see that John S. genuinely doesn't get it, while
> I believe that you do.

Here are your OWN WORDS:
"This is too monotonous for me to reply again"
Yet, here you are, replying. Note to fool: NAPA was tested either.
Project Farm does ACTUAL testing of products, to their credit, but a product NOT tested DOES NOT get a review or recommendation. That said, I think the Costco battery would have passed with flying colors IF it had been tested.

Re: “Always buy the cheapest battery you can find and replace your battery every 3 years even if it still works.” https://www.clarios.com/

<tn0qok$1qat$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111898&group=sci.electronics.design#111898

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 18:26:27 -0800
<tn0mtf$nok$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<ea81a0f7-6bb2-48ac-bda8-ad559e28a85bn@googlegroups.com>
 by: corvid - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 02:26 UTC

On 12/9/22 18:06, Flyguy wrote:
> On Friday, December 9, 2022 at 5:20:55 PM UTC-8, corvid wrote:

>>> Again, the Costco battery WAS NOT reviewed - it's price was
>>> included as a FYI. He may not have had a nearby Costco that he
>>> could have purchased it. The Costco battery may work as well as
>>> the others (I have personally bought them), but it WASN'T his top
>>> "pick" since it wasn't tested.
>>
>> "So which battery should you buy for your vehicle?" "I would buy
>> either a Costco Interstate battery or the Walmart Everstart if
>> their prices are the least expensive." I made the effort to listen
>> several times and accurately type his words here for you, but you
>> are nearly as stupid as John S.
>>
>> /Nearly/ because I can see that John S. genuinely doesn't get it,
>> while I believe that you do.
>
> Here are your OWN WORDS: "This is too monotonous for me to reply
> again" Yet, here you are, replying.

Not mine, John S. wrote that.

> Note to fool: NAPA was tested
> either.

You meant *wasn't* tested. I already covered that.

> Project Farm does ACTUAL testing of products, to their
> credit, but a product NOT tested DOES NOT get a review or
> recommendation.

One of the two untested batteries did. Complain to Project Farm about it.

> That said, I think the Costco battery would have
> passed with flying colors IF it had been tested.

My last Costco battery served for 7+ years, and it didn't fill the
battery tray. Didn't realize it was undersized until I got it home, and
I kept it anyway.