Disc space -- the final frontier!

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

SubjectAuthor
* Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption bJan Panteltje
+* Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedRicky
|+* Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedJan Panteltje
||+- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedRicky
||`* Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedFlyguy
|| `- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedRicky
|+* Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedbitrex
||`- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumptiboB
|`- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedFlyguy
+- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumptiDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedFred Bloggs
+- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumptiJohn Larkin
`* Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedFlyguy
 `* Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedFlyguy
  `- Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reducedFlyguy

1
Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<tm426r$26pr9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111086&group=sci.electronics.design#111086

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 04:31:48 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 04:31 UTC

American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/

Conclusion of article:
back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<2d0deee9-2797-451d-84be-d0f2cdcba71en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111089&group=sci.electronics.design#111089

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:09:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 05:09 UTC

On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
>
> Conclusion of article:
> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?

Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0.5%, no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue to fall and prices with it.

Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands, but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<tm4s22$1gm4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111108&group=sci.electronics.design#111108

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:56:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:56 UTC

Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote in

> American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline
> -consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
>
> Conclusion of article:
> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?

You will never reduce your abject idiocy by any percentage.
You're an absolute stupid fuck. The market and drivers are not yet
saturated with use, so your numbers and aristechnica"s are lame and
represent nothing about what to expect.

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<tm4unf$291m2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111113&group=sci.electronics.design#111113

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:38:28 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:38 UTC

]On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:09:32 -0800 (PST)) it happened Ricky
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote in
<2d0deee9-2797-451d-84be-d0f2cdcba71en@googlegroups.com>:

>On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
>> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
>>

>Conclusion of article:
>> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?
>
>Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0.5%,
>no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage
>of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we
>will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving
>dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning
>to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue
>to fall and prices with it.
>
>Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands,
>but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?

Personally I think our CO2 production has no effect on glowball worming.
Glowball worming is caused by variations in the earth orbit:
http://old.world-mysteries.com/alignments/mpl_al3b.htm

There was an other group of pseudo-scientists called the Club of Rome
that predicted the end of the world many years ago:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome
Those were likely more into political manipulation of the oil prices.

This generation, and I was struck by some media using our time as
'post industrialization' is brainwashed by stories of polar bears etc,
and that animals are more important than people etc etc.. (Wolves are protected here for example),
and that CO2 is dangerous.
Well let them do away with their dogs and cats for a start if they are serious,
better than killing farms and cows (what they are into here to reduce CO2 emission).
Here they say we cannot build more houses as it produces CO2!!!!
How daft can you get?

Is is all political leaders, puppets supported by an industry that uses the fear CO2 crap
to sell.

The article I referred to is also wrong in an other point, at least here
the electric power grid is completely overloaded because of all the extra charge points
for EVs, so much that new companies in part of the Netherlands cannot get an electricity
connection at the moment.

I propose to lock up all green politicians in some re-education camp for life,

If we do not do that, then the species is doomed to go back to live in grass huts and chase rabbits.
We will see the same setback as happened in Europe after the Roman empire fell..
May take hundreds of years.
Climate change WILL happen, and we need ALL available technology WORKING and at hand
to cope with it, climate related mass migration will, and IS, already happening.
In the old days it was called slave trade, now they want people from Africa and other places
to fill up vacancies here,,,,
On average the IQ and knowledge of the old generation (that retires) is lost,
the average IQ goes down, more mass-hysteria and unrest will follow.
Anti-science, religious fanaticism will also follow.
I'd expect WW3 in 2014...
.... dinos went extinct, we on this planet may too.

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<EbohL.14723$cUFe.7259@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111118&group=sci.electronics.design#111118

gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 08:55:48 -0500
 by: bitrex - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 13:55 UTC

On 11/29/2022 12:20 AM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 4:09:37 PM UTC+11, Ricky wrote:
>> On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
>>> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
>>>
>>> Conclusion of article:
>>> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?
>> Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0.5%, no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue to fall and prices with it.
>>
>> Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands, but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?
>
> They've been funding climate change denial propaganda for quite while now. It has to be designed to appeal idiots, because it is obvious nonsense, but we have plenty of idiots posting here.

In an odd turn, Elon Musk seems to be funding climate change denial
propaganda also

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<64eef627-389b-4b12-b6ba-2ab924ebd9een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111120&group=sci.electronics.design#111120

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 07:01:19 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 15:01 UTC

On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 12:17:36 AM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 3:35:47 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> > https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
> >
> > Conclusion of article:
> > back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?
> Not exactly. What they actually said was " the future will require many more people to walk, cycle, or take the bus to get to where they're going".
>
> Nothing about grass huts and chasing rabbits.
>
> It's actually a nonsense conclusion, since it ignores the fact that a lot of the energy used to charge electric vehicles at the moments if generated by burning fossil carbon - coal and natural gas - but the climate change denial propaganda generators are ingenious in influencing people who ought to behave better.
>
> Getting most of your energy from renewable sources doesn't mean that you need to use less energy - since renewable generators now deliver cheaper energy than burning fossil carbon, you'd actually expect people to end up using more of it.
>
> The "grass huts and chasing rabbits" line is one that John Larkin uses a lot because he cuts and pastes a lot of climate change denial propaganda, which naturally tries to promote the idea that burning fossil carbon is the only practical way of getting energy. It's a nonsense, but it does make a lot of money for the people who spend some of it on promoting the propaganda.. It is propaganda aimed at idiots, but we've got no shortage of them posting here.

The report is out of Argonne National Lab, it's a DoE lab operated by U of Chicago. U of Chicago was founded by the Rockefeller family patriarch, and of course that's big oil to the max.

So much for the name dropping...

Superficial geeks famously can't make much sense of the data and statistics they gather. So their report is just verbiage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argonne_National_Laboratory

All the news stories Jan links and gets excited about are garbage. Jan is not a critical thinker.

> --
> Bil Sloman, Sydney

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<dd0ca7f0-692d-4c09-9b23-dd4015475601n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111136&group=sci.electronics.design#111136

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:51:07 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:51 UTC

On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 8:42:31 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> ]On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:09:32 -0800 (PST)) it happened Ricky
> <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote in
> <2d0deee9-2797-451d...@googlegroups.com>:
> >On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> >> American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> >> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
> >>

> >Conclusion of article:
> >> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?
> >
> >Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0..5%,
> >no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage
> >of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we
> >will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving
> >dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning
> >to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue
> >to fall and prices with it.
> >
> >Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands,
> >but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?
> Personally I think our CO2 production has no effect on glowball worming.
> Glowball worming is caused by variations in the earth orbit:
> http://old.world-mysteries.com/alignments/mpl_al3b.htm

Yes, we are aware of your "beliefs" regarding this matter. But the vast majority of scientists, who mostly are capable of reading the same information about the Earth's orbit, do not agree with you. Then there is the amazing correlation in the data regarding the timing of the CO2 increase and the temperature rise. Or course, many denialists explain that by simply waving their hands and claiming systematic error in the measurements, one, the other, or both.

Ok, your objection is noted.

> There was an other group of pseudo-scientists called the Club of Rome
> that predicted the end of the world many years ago:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome
> Those were likely more into political manipulation of the oil prices.

Who is talking about the "end of the world"? Are you extrapolating some data that says the end of the world is coming?

> This generation, and I was struck by some media using our time as
> 'post industrialization' is brainwashed by stories of polar bears etc,
> and that animals are more important than people etc etc.. (Wolves are protected here for example),
> and that CO2 is dangerous.

CO2 can be very dangerous if you breath too much of it.

> Well let them do away with their dogs and cats for a start if they are serious,
> better than killing farms and cows (what they are into here to reduce CO2 emission).
> Here they say we cannot build more houses as it produces CO2!!!!
> How daft can you get?

We are getting a good idea by watching you.

> Is is all political leaders, puppets supported by an industry that uses the fear CO2 crap
> to sell.
>

> The article I referred to is also wrong in an other point, at least here
> the electric power grid is completely overloaded because of all the extra charge points
> for EVs, so much that new companies in part of the Netherlands cannot get an electricity
> connection at the moment.
>
> I propose to lock up all green politicians in some re-education camp for life,
>
> If we do not do that, then the species is doomed to go back to live in grass huts and chase rabbits.
>
> We will see the same setback as happened in Europe after the Roman empire fell..
> May take hundreds of years.
> Climate change WILL happen, and we need ALL available technology WORKING and at hand
> to cope with it, climate related mass migration will, and IS, already happening.
> In the old days it was called slave trade, now they want people from Africa and other places
> to fill up vacancies here,,,,
> On average the IQ and knowledge of the old generation (that retires) is lost,
> the average IQ goes down, more mass-hysteria and unrest will follow.
> Anti-science, religious fanaticism will also follow.
> I'd expect WW3 in 2014...
> ... dinos went extinct, we on this planet may too.

Ok, I'm ignoring the rest of this nonsense, because it is not responsive to my question. Even if CO2 based AGW is nothing, BEVs, compared to ICE, are cheaper to run, and produce less of other forms of pollution, even when considering the source of the electricity. People are buying them as fast as they can be made. In the US, this is a >50% increase every year. By 2030, nearly every car sold in the US will be a BEV. By 2040, more than 90% of cars on the roads will be BEVs using no gasoline.

So how will the refineries respond to this dramatic change in their business?

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<21jcoh1dlkogio59tasf3mljcseq7sctsd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111140&group=sci.electronics.design#111140

From: boB...@K7IQ.com (boB)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:15:14 -0800
 by: boB - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 18:15 UTC

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 08:55:48 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 11/29/2022 12:20 AM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:

>>> Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0.5%, no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue to fall and prices with it.
>>>
>>> Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands, but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?
>>
>> They've been funding climate change denial propaganda for quite while now. It has to be designed to appeal idiots, because it is obvious nonsense, but we have plenty of idiots posting here.
>>

>In an odd turn, Elon Musk seems to be funding climate change denial
>propaganda also

Good point !

boB

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<a70211ef-f34d-4124-9cba-8633d54acfebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111178&group=sci.electronics.design#111178

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:17:40 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 03:17 UTC

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 9:20:29 PM UTC-8, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 4:09:37 PM UTC+11, Ricky wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 12:35:47 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > > American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> > > https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
> > >
> > > Conclusion of article:
> > > back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?
> > Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0.5%, no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue to fall and prices with it.
> >
> > Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands, but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?
> They've been funding climate change denial propaganda for quite while now.. It has to be designed to appeal idiots, because it is obvious nonsense, but we have plenty of idiots posting here.

You being prime evidence of that, Bozo.

> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<458753cf-3a17-4aaf-80f1-def08686f559n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111180&group=sci.electronics.design#111180

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:20:55 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 03:20 UTC

On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 5:50:51 AM UTC-8, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 11:42:31 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > ]On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:09:32 -0800 (PST)) it happened Ricky
> > <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > <2d0deee9-2797-451d...@googlegroups.com>:
> > >>

> > >Conclusion of article:
> > >
> > >Going into 2021, I think the percentage of BEVs on the road was around 0.5%,
> > >no? So we can expect to see this number improve dramatically as the percentage
> > >of BEVs on the roads quickly rises. In 2025, when it reaches 10%, we
> > >will see gas prices drop to half. That's what happened in 2008 when driving
> > >dropped 10%. The difference is, in 2008, it was a transient, returning
> > >to previous values before long. In 2025, the gas consumption will simply continue
> > >to fall and prices with it.
> > >
> > >Obviously the refineries see this coming, and are not sitting on their hands,
> > >but what can they do? Promote smoking to sell more lighter fluid?
> >
> > Personally I think our CO2 production has no effect on glowball worming..
> That''s because Jan Panteltje is a gullible half-wit, who has been suckered by climate change denial propaganda.
> > Glowball worming is caused by variations in the earth orbit:
> >
> > http://old.world-mysteries.com/alignments/mpl_al3b.htm
> It's rubbish. That's Milankovich Cycles and it doesn't remotedy explain what's going on at the moment.
> > There was an other group of pseudo-scientists called the Club of Rome
> > that predicted the end of the world many years ago:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome
> > Those were likely more into political manipulation of the oil prices.
> The Club of Rome was running simple computer models that would fit into the computer around at the time - they published their report in 1972, and nobody took it seriously because the models were obviously inadequate. People wanting to manipulate the oil price would have tried harder to look convincing.
> > This generation, and I was struck by some media using our time as
> > 'post industrialization' is brainwashed by stories of polar bears etc,
> > and that animals are more important than people etc etc.. (Wolves are protected here for example),
> > and that CO2 is dangerous.
> CO2 really is dangerous, even if Jan is too ignorant to understand how or why.

Life on Earth would not exist if it weren't for CO2, Bozo. It is an essential part of photosynthesis.

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<9bf89e6c-1f33-4107-965d-67c68f405920n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111182&group=sci.electronics.design#111182

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:31:29 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 03:31 UTC

On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 11:21:00 PM UTC-4, Flyguy wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 5:50:51 AM UTC-8, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> > On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 11:42:31 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > > ]On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:09:32 -0800 (PST)) it happened Ricky
> > > <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote in

> > > Personally I think our CO2 production has no effect on glowball worming.
> > That''s because Jan Panteltje is a gullible half-wit, who has been suckered by climate change denial propaganda.
> > > Glowball worming is caused by variations in the earth orbit:
> > >
> > > http://old.world-mysteries.com/alignments/mpl_al3b.htm
> > It's rubbish. That's Milankovich Cycles and it doesn't remotedy explain what's going on at the moment.
> > > There was an other group of pseudo-scientists called the Club of Rome
> > > that predicted the end of the world many years ago:
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_of_Rome
> > > Those were likely more into political manipulation of the oil prices.
> > The Club of Rome was running simple computer models that would fit into the computer around at the time - they published their report in 1972, and nobody took it seriously because the models were obviously inadequate. People wanting to manipulate the oil price would have tried harder to look convincing.
> > > This generation, and I was struck by some media using our time as
> > > 'post industrialization' is brainwashed by stories of polar bears etc,
> > > and that animals are more important than people etc etc.. (Wolves are protected here for example),
> > > and that CO2 is dangerous.
> > CO2 really is dangerous, even if Jan is too ignorant to understand how or why.
> Life on Earth would not exist if it weren't for CO2, Bozo. It is an essential part of photosynthesis.

It looks like this thread is devolving into the Bill and Bozo thread.

--

Rick C.

--+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<gs8koht8hupiej9j1jo2mtsc0b06enq1nr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111377&group=sci.electronics.design#111377

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 08:11:28 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 16:11 UTC

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 04:31:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

>American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
>
>Conclusion of article:
> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/12/02/switzerland-mulling-bans-on-electric-car-use-amid-energy-shortages/

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<9786c3cc-b3d6-4f23-94cf-5857c0dfba1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111533&group=sci.electronics.design#111533

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:04:25 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 07:04 UTC

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 8:35:47 PM UTC-8, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
>
> Conclusion of article:
> back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?

It did help increase the consumption of coal, however.

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<796e8911-1b0e-4d07-99c8-eb3e68962289n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=111650&group=sci.electronics.design#111650

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 22:09:09 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 06:09 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 1:57:13 AM UTC-8, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 6:04:29 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
> > On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 8:35:47 PM UTC-8, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > > American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
> > > https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/11/american-evs-reduced-gasoline-consumption-by-just-0-54-in-2021/
> > >
> > > Conclusion of article:
> > >
> > > back to grass huts and walking and chasing rabbits for food?
> >
> > It did help increase the consumption of coal, however.
> More likely natural gas. and that won't last. Sewage Sweeper still hasn't noticed that renewable electricity from solar cells and wind turbines is cheaper than the electricity you generate by burning fossil carbon, and he probably never will - that's dementia for you.
>
> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

HA HA HA HA HA!

The Bozo has to agree that the electric power for EVs IS generated by burning coal! Well, he HAS NO CHOICE but to admit that because that is FACT! Now his claim about so-called renewable electricity (really, he means energy, but he isn't smart enough to know the difference) being cheaper is not backed up by fact. But, of course, this is Bozo's modus operandi - he NEVER backs up his claims!

Re: Driving EV did not help much so far, American EVs reduced gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021

<01406058-3fee-458d-ab1d-5f6756f91d1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112134&group=sci.electronics.design#112134

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 20:49:23 -0800 (PST)
gasoline consumption by just 0.54% in 2021
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Wed, 14 Dec 2022 04:49 UTC

On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 2:39:22 AM UTC-8, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 5:09:15 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:

> > > More likely natural gas. and that won't last. Sewage Sweeper still hasn't noticed that renewable electricity from solar cells and wind turbines is cheaper than the electricity you generate by burning fossil carbon, and he probably never will - that's dementia for you.
> >
> > Bill has to agree that the electric power for EVs IS generated by burning coal! Well, he HAS NO CHOICE but to admit that because that is FACT!
>
> https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
>
> At the moment 21% of US electricity generation comes from burning coal and 38.4% from burning natural gas. Both proportions are going to decline rapidily - utility generating companies have a better grasp of economics than Sewage Sweeper does.
> > Now his claim about so-called renewable electricity (really, he means energy, but he isn't smart enough to know the difference) being cheaper is not backed up by fact.
> Wrong. And electricity is the easiest and most convenient way of shipping energy around - if I'd meant energy I'd have used the word.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source
>
> > But, of course, this is Bill's modus operandi - he NEVER backs up his claims!
>
> Bit of waste of time with Sewage Sweeper. He won't be able to understand the data. and will find some spurious excuse to ignore it.
> I've been digging up and posting this kind of evidence for years - Sewage Sweeper clearly can't do it for himself and prefers to recycle some lying climate change denial propaganda instead, because he find that easier, and more comforting.
>
> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, the ONLY way it can "decline rapidly" is the wide scale use of nuclear, and that just isn't happening. Attempting to go with more wind and solar will simply expose their Achille's heal: they are UNRELIABLE.

And, NO, you DON'T present any data, relevant or not.