Successful and fortunate crime is called virtue. -- Seneca

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill

SubjectAuthor
* "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods,"a a
+* Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-freeFred Bloggs
|`* Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-freea a
| `* Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-freeFred Bloggs
|  `- Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-freea a
`- "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods,"a a

1
"Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill very

<2b801c0e-4a65-41f0-9ddc-d035d687104bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112314&group=sci.electronics.design#112314

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 03:42:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods,"
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:42 UTC

"Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill very dangerous bacteria and make them easier to treat.
Artificial sweeteners found to kill off antibiotic-resistant bacteria
medicalxpress.com/news/2022-11-artificial-sweeteners-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria.html
medicalxpress.com/news/2022-11-artificial-sweeteners-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria.html
Was this helpful?
Artificial sweeteners smash superbugs | Brunel University London
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/articles/Artificial-sweeteners-smash...

22.11.2022 · “Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods,” said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr Ronan McCarthy. “We discovered that these same …
Brunel University London: Artificial sweeteners smash superbugs
https://indiaeducationdiary.in/brunel-university-london-artificial-sweeteners-smash...

30.11.2022 · “Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods,” said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr Ronan McCarthy. “We discovered that these same …
Artificial sweeteners found to kill off antibiotic-resistant bacteria
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-11-artificial-sweeteners-antibiotic-resistant...

24.11.2022 · "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same …
Artificial sweeteners found to kill off antibiotic-resistant bacteria
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-11-artificial... · PDF file

"Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that …
Artificial Intelligence MSc | Brunel University London
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/Artificial-Intelligence-MSc

Artificial intelligence (AI) is the scientific study that enables machines to mimic cognitive functions of human mind, such as learning and problem solving. It has enjoyed a resurgence …
Supermarket sweeteners may be key in fight against antibiotic …
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202212/15/WS639a90d0a31057c47eba490a.html

57 minutes ago · Amazingly, the sweeteners commonly found in diet soda drinks such as saccharin and acesulfame-K were found by researchers to limit the growth of such bacteria. …
News and Events | Brunel University London
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/news

08.12.2022 · How to apply Brunel Pathway College Undergraduate > Find your course Open days Brunel on-demand Fees, funding and scholarships How to apply After you have applied …
News and events | Brunel University London
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/chmls/news-and-events

03.10.2022 · How to apply Brunel Pathway College Undergraduate > Find your course Open days Brunel on-demand Fees, funding and scholarships How to apply After you have applied …
Brunel University London on LinkedIn: #artificialsweeteners # ...
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bruneluniversitylondon_artificialsweeteners-antibiotic...

Three #artificialsweeteners used in products such as diet drinks, yoghurts and desserts dramatically halt the growth of #antibioticresistent priority pathogens...
Anders on Twitter: "Artificial sweeteners used to replace sugar in …
https://twitter.com/Bakom_skynket/status/1603287017370144768

Artificial sweeteners used to replace sugar in diet beverages and food were found to have a marked effect in killing bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics, in a study by Brunel …
News about Artificial Sweeteners Study By Brunel University Lo…
bing.com/news

Supermarket sweeteners may be key in fight against antibiotic-resistant bacteria

Antibiotic-resistant bacteria is a major health crisis threatening our modern healthcare systems globally. However, the key to treating such difficult and novel diseases may have

Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill

<236fc4cc-eea8-4bd6-83f1-b8a7cdbe99d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112320&group=sci.electronics.design#112320

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 04:21:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:21 UTC

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 6:42:36 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill very dangerous bacteria and make them easier to treat.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind should I be exposed to antibiotic resistant bacteria.

But do you really think they stop at killing dangerous bacteria? The answer is no. They disrupt the entire microbiome:

A widely cited 2014 study in the journal Nature demonstrated aspartame, saccharin and sucralose can trigger abnormal blood sugar levels via changes in the gut microbiome- in both human and animal models.

More recently, an in vitro study (outside of a living organism) found that around two diet coke cans worth of saccharin, sucralose, and aspartame may transform commensal bacteria into pathogenic ones, meaning disease-causing.

The term commensalism refers to a type of relationship between two different organisms that “eat from the same dish”. In this kind of relationship, neither benefits from the other or provokes any harm. Commensal bacteria in the microbiome have been shown to assist the innate immune system in eliminating pathogens ( disease causing organisms ).

https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/artificial-sweeteners-and-the-microbiome/#:~:text=Emerging%20evidence%20suggests%20artificial%20sweeteners,disease%2Dcausing%20properties%20of%20E.

Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill

<d0f05ac9-3d64-481b-b71f-3c90fec3ad5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112324&group=sci.electronics.design#112324

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 04:45:57 -0800 (PST)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:45 UTC

On Friday, 16 December 2022 at 13:21:51 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 6:42:36 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill very dangerous bacteria and make them easier to treat.
> Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind should I be exposed to antibiotic resistant bacteria.
>
> But do you really think they stop at killing dangerous bacteria? The answer is no. They disrupt the entire microbiome:
>
> A widely cited 2014 study in the journal Nature demonstrated aspartame, saccharin and sucralose can trigger abnormal blood sugar levels via changes in the gut microbiome- in both human and animal models.
>
> More recently, an in vitro study (outside of a living organism) found that around two diet coke cans worth of saccharin, sucralose, and aspartame may transform commensal bacteria into pathogenic ones, meaning disease-causing.
>
> The term commensalism refers to a type of relationship between two different organisms that “eat from the same dish”. In this kind of relationship, neither benefits from the other or provokes any harm. Commensal bacteria in the microbiome have been shown to assist the innate immune system in eliminating pathogens ( disease causing organisms ).
>
> https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/artificial-sweeteners-and-the-microbiome/#:~:text=Emerging%20evidence%20suggests%20artificial%20sweeteners,disease%2Dcausing%20properties%20of%20E.
thanks Fred,

could you ask Dr. Ronan McCarthy,
if he promotes sugar-free diet Coca Cola before Christmas time ?

artifficial sweteners come with US sugar-free Coca-Cola.
EU consumes
sugar made from sugar beets
US consumes
corn starch sugar
only, since beet sugar is not imported

bing.com/search?q=Artificial+sweeteners++study+by+Brunel+University+London&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=artificial+sweeteners+study+by+brunel+university+london&sc=7-55&qs=n&sk=&cvid=0E409FF894D841F6855966CF5D29E516&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl
artifficial sweteners come with US sugar-free Coca-Cola.
EU consumes
sugar from sugar beets
US consumes
corn starch sugar
only, since beet sugar is banned

Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill

<06415652-0cd9-497c-ab73-3b309b6b7b7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112326&group=sci.electronics.design#112326

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 05:46:04 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 13:46 UTC

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 7:46:01 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> On Friday, 16 December 2022 at 13:21:51 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 6:42:36 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > > "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill very dangerous bacteria and make them easier to treat.
> > Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind should I be exposed to antibiotic resistant bacteria.
> >
> > But do you really think they stop at killing dangerous bacteria? The answer is no. They disrupt the entire microbiome:
> >
> > A widely cited 2014 study in the journal Nature demonstrated aspartame, saccharin and sucralose can trigger abnormal blood sugar levels via changes in the gut microbiome- in both human and animal models.
> >
> > More recently, an in vitro study (outside of a living organism) found that around two diet coke cans worth of saccharin, sucralose, and aspartame may transform commensal bacteria into pathogenic ones, meaning disease-causing.
> >
> > The term commensalism refers to a type of relationship between two different organisms that “eat from the same dish”. In this kind of relationship, neither benefits from the other or provokes any harm. Commensal bacteria in the microbiome have been shown to assist the innate immune system in eliminating pathogens ( disease causing organisms ).
> >
> > https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/artificial-sweeteners-and-the-microbiome/#:~:text=Emerging%20evidence%20suggests%20artificial%20sweeteners,disease%2Dcausing%20properties%20of%20E.
> thanks Fred,
>
> could you ask Dr. Ronan McCarthy,
> if he promotes sugar-free diet Coca Cola before Christmas time ?
>
> artifficial sweteners come with US sugar-free Coca-Cola.
> EU consumes
> sugar made from sugar beets

That would make sense because it is a root crop, and root crops do well in Europe, especially northern Europe.

> US consumes
> corn starch sugar
> only, since beet sugar is not imported

I doubt sugar beet, especially imported sugar beet, can compete with corn. Corn is actually a grass, and the heartland climate in U.S. suits it perfectly. It is mainly grown as feed for the agricultural animal industries, which means there is a LOT of it.

Although there's nothing at all wrong with corn itself (other than potentially massive quantities of glyphosate), the profit making industry has managed to produce a widely used poison sweetener from it, high fructose corn syrup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup

> bing.com/search?q=Artificial+sweeteners++study+by+Brunel+University+London&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=artificial+sweeteners+study+by+brunel+university+london&sc=7-55&qs=n&sk=&cvid=0E409FF894D841F6855966CF5D29E516&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=
>
> artifficial sweteners come with US sugar-free Coca-Cola.
> EU consumes
> sugar from sugar beets
> US consumes
> corn starch sugar
> only, since beet sugar is banned

"Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods,"

<_W_mL.1617622$odm4.522564@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112330&group=sci.electronics.design#112330

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:05:46 GMT
 by: a a - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:05 UTC

#moreSPAMbylowIQaa

Re: "Artificial sweeteners are present in all diet and sugar-free foods," said Brunel University London bioscientist Dr. Ronan McCarthy. "We discovered that these same sweeteners that you have with your coffee or in your 'sugar-free' soda could kill

<e5d3ec8f-b30f-4fbc-b6cb-5c84fdba5691n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112431&group=sci.electronics.design#112431

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 05:39:27 -0800 (PST)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 13:39 UTC

On Friday, 16 December 2022 at 14:46:10 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 7:46:01 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > > Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind should I be exposed to antibiotic resistant bacteria.
> > >
> > > But do you really think they stop at killing dangerous bacteria? The answer is no. They disrupt the entire microbiome:
> > >
> > > A widely cited 2014 study in the journal Nature demonstrated aspartame, saccharin and sucralose can trigger abnormal blood sugar levels via changes in the gut microbiome- in both human and animal models.
> > >
> > > More recently, an in vitro study (outside of a living organism) found that around two diet coke cans worth of saccharin, sucralose, and aspartame may transform commensal bacteria into pathogenic ones, meaning disease-causing.
> > >
> > > The term commensalism refers to a type of relationship between two different organisms that “eat from the same dish”. In this kind of relationship, neither benefits from the other or provokes any harm. Commensal bacteria in the microbiome have been shown to assist the innate immune system in eliminating pathogens ( disease causing organisms ).
> > >
> > > https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/artificial-sweeteners-and-the-microbiome/#:~:text=Emerging%20evidence%20suggests%20artificial%20sweeteners,disease%2Dcausing%20properties%20of%20E.
> > thanks Fred,
> >
> > could you ask Dr. Ronan McCarthy,
> > if he promotes sugar-free diet Coca Cola before Christmas time ?
> >
> > artifficial sweteners come with US sugar-free Coca-Cola.
> > EU consumes
> > sugar made from sugar beets
> That would make sense because it is a root crop, and root crops do well in Europe, especially northern Europe.
> > US consumes
> > corn starch sugar
> > only, since beet sugar is not imported
> I doubt sugar beet, especially imported sugar beet, can compete with corn.. Corn is actually a grass, and the heartland climate in U.S. suits it perfectly. It is mainly grown as feed for the agricultural animal industries, which means there is a LOT of it.
>
> Although there's nothing at all wrong with corn itself (other than potentially massive quantities of glyphosate), the profit making industry has managed to produce a widely used poison sweetener from it, high fructose corn syrup:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup
> >
> > bing.com/search?q=Artificial+sweeteners++study+by+Brunel+University+London&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=artificial+sweeteners+study+by+brunel+university+london&sc=7-55&qs=n&sk=&cvid=0E409FF894D841F6855966CF5D29E516&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=
> >
> > artifficial sweteners come with US sugar-free Coca-Cola.
> > EU consumes
> > sugar from sugar beets
> > US consumes
> > corn starch sugar
> > only, since beet sugar is banned
to convert corn starch into glucose/fructose highly cangerogenic syrop
you need to add

"Alpha-amylase
The fructose in HFCS is manufactured from cornstarch by an enzymatic process that turns the cornstarch into glucose and then into mostly fructose. The first enzyme used is alpha-amylase, which changes the chains of molecules in the cornstarch to shorter chains of sugars called polysaccharides.
How is High-Fructose Corn Syrup Made? - JennifersKitchen
jenniferskitchen.com/health-information/how-is-high-fructose-corn-syrup-made
jenniferskitchen.com/health-information/how-is-high-fructose-corn-syrup-made

"How converting corn starch into corn syrup?
How converting corn starch into corn syrup ? All kinds of starch syrup can be got by corn starch hydrolysis with acid or enzyme, the liquid products are maltose, glucose, fructose syrup.

How converting corn starch into corn syrup ?|FAQ
www.syrupmachine.com/syrup_process_technology/conve…

==Common corn starch was treated with different concentrations of hydrochloric acid, 0.06, 0.14, and 1.0N, for different lengths of time, 18, 6, and 1 h, respectively, to reach a similar peak viscosity as measured by Brabender Viscoamylograph.
Author: Ya-Jane Wang, Van-Den Truong, Linfeng Wang
Publish Year: 2003
Structures and rheological properties of corn starch as affected …
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0144861702003235
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0144861702003235
Was this helpful?
People also ask
How much hydrochloric acid do you put in corn starch?
Common corn starch was treated with different concentrations of hydrochloric acid, 0.06, 0.14, and 1.0N, for different lengths of time, 18, 6, and 1 h, respectively, to reach a similar peak viscosity as measured by Brabender Viscoamylograph.

Structures and rheological properties of corn starch as
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014486170200…
Search for: How much hydrochloric acid do you put in corn starch?
What is the effect of acid hydrolysis of corn starch genotypes?
Does the acid-thinning process affect the specific starch properties?
Can concentrated hydrochloric acid be used as a catalyst for starch?

==
Global web icon
6 Reasons Why High-Fructose Corn Syrup Is Bad for You - …
healthline.com